Member Interview : Titan24

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Many thanks to [MENTION=142432]Titan24[/MENTION] for his time to answer these questions!

=====

PakPassion.net: What made you post on PakPassion and what part of posting on this site do you enjoy the most?

Titan24:
My love for the sport called cricket is the reason that made me post and the fact that PakPassion is the best forum out there for cricket related discussion due to the quality of posters, admins, overall quality of the forum with previews, interviews of upcoming talents along with some experienced players and you get to know everything new going around in the cricketing world with the opinions of quite a few knowledgeable posters on PP.

What I enjoy the most is to be openly able to share my thoughts and ideas and that too with people who are enough into cricket to be able to criticize as well as appreciate those. Along with obviously reading the impressive ideas of others.

PakPassion.net: What does your username mean and why did you choose it? Tell us a bit about yourself.

Titan24: Titans were the pre Olympian rulers in the Greek mythology. It is also the biggest moon of the planet Saturn.

When I was in my junior school, one of my teachers one day told us the story of the book clash of the titans (Yes there was a movie of it as well but she was more of a literature person). So I really enjoyed hearing that and i think the word remained in my mind so when I was thinking of the username for the very first time anywhere it was the first one that came to my mind. 24 at the end is my birth date.

So about myself. I am from Lahore and that is where I have lived most of my life. I lived in England for around two years for my masters. I work in financial industry (Involves desk job and consultancy for the ones who asked), and currently working in Toronto with the aim to have diversified experience in the field which I intend to use back in Pakistan. So I can relate to posters from Pakistan obviously, the ones in England as well as the ones in Canada. I have had Indian and Bangladeshi friends as well so I have covered that part too. :)

Interesting fact: I was a cricket analyst on one of the Radio shows for few months before I had to go out of the country for work purposes. Might try to start something like that again when I am back in Pakistan.

PakPassion.net: When did you start following cricket with true passion?

Titan24: 2009 possibly was the year when the passion touched its peak. It was a gradual process, when I was young my family was watching 1999 WC so that was the first time I felt something regarding cricket. The overall interest across the formats mainly came from my late grandfather who used to watch cricket matches whenever he had time and my interest fully started in mid 2000s and touched the level of passion by 2009. Before that as well I loved watching the bowling of Asif and Shoaib Akhtar in tests and Pak vs India series of mid 2000s.

PakPassion.net: What is behind that calm demeanor you keep when answering some tough posts?

Titan24: I just try to give respect to opinions of everybody as they can vary from a person to person and I try to think of things for others perspective as well. On most of the times things arent really black or white and there is a grey area in between so one can possibly take any side there, so I just respect anyone taking opposite side as well if there is a solid reasoning behind it.

PakPassion.net: Do you think Pakistan's future is bright in cricket?

Titan24: It can definitely be. I had to use “can be” because problem for Pakistan cricket has been the mismanagement of talents and resources. In contrast New Zealand cricket has achieved so much in the last decade with very limited cricket resources overall but they maximize whatever they have while Pakistan was been unable to handle the potentially world class players they had previously. So if this aspect improves I dont see any reason why the future can't be bright.

PakPassion.net: Does Pakistan have a realistic chance of winning the T20 World Cup?

Titan24: T20 WCs are definitely about quality of the teams but also about momentum a team forms in the tournament which is evident from the fact that so many different teams have won the T20 WCs. We have had five different winners with only West Indies winning twice. If Pakistan can select the best batsmen they have for T20s and the best bowlers they have for the format which sounds silly and obvious to say but Pakistan hasn't been able to do it in most formats and in T20s recently then Pakistan will definitely one of the contenders.

PakPassion.net: Where do you see Babar Azam in 5 years’ time?

Titan24: I see him as the best batsman of the world across the formats in 5 years when he will be at his peak while the current top players will be retired by then possibly or at least will be past their peak.

PakPassion.net: Who are your top 5 favourite Pakistani players of all time, as well as top 5 players of all time in general?

Titan24: Pakistan players; Wasim Akram, Imran Khan, Shoaib Akhtar, Saeed Anwer, Mohammad Yousuf (Probably Babar will replace him going forward). In general; Wasim, Kohli, Hayden, Lara and Kevin Peitersen.

PakPassion.net: Your favourite cricketing memory?

Pakistan winning 2009 T20 WC.

PakPassion.net: What is your take on PCB's newly formed aggressive approach dealing with teams refusing to tour?

Titan24: It is the right time to do that. Things are totally under control and Pakistan is as safe as ever, so this is the time to enforce the issue a bit as now everyone is more confident. Unless a team can provide a solid reasoning backed by proper facts then there should be no excuse for them not to tour. On the other hand Pakistan can provide facts of a lot of international athletes coming and sporting events successfully taking place along with cricket series.

PakPassion.net: What do you think of India's chances of winning the T20 WC next year?

Titan24: They probably have the two ATG ODI batsmen currently in Kohli and Rohit and they are really good in T20s as well along with probably the best death bowler in the world in Bumrah. So obviously they will be one of the favorites in the T20 WC.

PakPassion.net: Your take on allowing tainted players back into the mainstream?

Titan24: I dont mind life bans to be introduced for players who get involved in match fixing or spot fixing however till they are not there than just like a criminal in jail who is allowed to start a new life after completing his sentence, cricketers also deserve the same. However, if ICC and boards think they shouldn't be given one then they should bring in life bans. No point in banning someone for 2-5 years only superficially when actually you are banning him for life if you don't intend to consider him again.

PakPassion.net: What do you feel about Mohammad Amir retiring from Test cricket despite being only 27 officially?

Titan24: His mistake was that he didn't kept himself in bowling shape during the five years ban and his bowling muscles must have deteriorated as gym can't form those back again. However, still considering how much PCB and people supported him he could have tried a bit harder than to going for the easy way out. If Dale Steyn can still bowl 145kph despite his age of 35-36 and fitness issues than its pretty obvious Amir is just not ready to push himself enough required to be an international pacer.

PakPassion.net: Your thoughts on Misbah and Waqar, are you willing to give them a go as coaches?

Titan24: I am always willing to give people a chance irrespective of how I feel about anyone's appointment. I think my views on them are pretty clear on the forum as well. Waqar handled limited bowling resources well as bowling coach in mid 2000s and he knows the art of bowling and Shaheen and Naseem already look to be progressing at a faster pace. Misbah was always a calm personality, and a thinker which really helped him in Test cricket so I think being in the backroom where actual planning and thinking is required can be a decent role for him however, how successful he will be is something only time can tell.

Thanks PP for taking my question,
Good interview [MENTION=142432]Titan24[/MENTION] hope you will be there in this family and continue to give your analysis and posts.

Thanks PP for taking my question,
Good interview [MENTION=142432]Titan24[/MENTION] hope you will be there in this family and continue to give your analysis and posts.

Thank you for your kind words.

Very well thought out and considered answers plus I can relate to the LAHORE -ENG background. Very wise and calm for a young guy.

My question got asked too nice, very interesting, we need you in Time Pass section as well, you are too pure right now :p you need some greyy

Can't believe just how calm and composed your posts are. Even when responding to pure drivel. [MENTION=142432]Titan24[/MENTION] are you this calm in real too?

Can't believe just how calm and composed your posts are. Even when responding to pure drivel. [MENTION=142432]Titan24[/MENTION] are you this calm in real too?

Actually yes, I try to be as calm as possible in life too. Yes mind can definitely play games on occasions but I try to filter out anything which is led by mainly by emotions.

My question got asked too nice, very interesting, we need you in Time Pass section as well, you are too pure right now :p you need some greyy

Lol. Yes will try to contribute in time pass section as well but what little I have observed, sometimes topics can be really sensitive like religion or regional politics. Still I have been a silent observer of some of the topics.

Actually yes, I try to be as calm as possible in life too. Yes mind can definitely play games on occasions but I try to filter out anything which is led by mainly by emotions.

That's cool to hear. Looks like you're mostly a logical thinker type person.

Back