Mention your best revenge moments in the history of cricket

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Even in a gentleman's game, things get out of control sometimes. Winning and losing is a part of the game but at times losing is too harsh to stomach and consequently enders the feeling of revenge.

Some revenge hardly materialize while other come soon than expected. So in your memory lane of cricket, which revenge moments were the best and which do you crave to see and witness in future.

A Canadian police officer (Seemed like Sri Lankan origin) gave me a speeding ticket during the 2023 World Cup.

A few days later, BD beat SL in the World Cup and qualified for CT 2025. BD also eliminated SL in the process.

That felt good due to the speeding ticket I received.

Afghanistan have recently taken revenge of their humiliating loss in the T20 WC SF against South Africa. Hopefully they would be feeling good now.

Afghans beat BD in a Test back in 2019. BD came back strongly a few years later by beating them by 500+ runs.

That was a good comeback.

Anyway, BD and Afghanistan are on friendly terms. No genuine revenge mentality.

Most teams still waiting to extract revenge against Aussies
=====
Most consecutive wins in men's ODIs:

1. 🇦🇺
2. 🇦🇺
1726951475336.jpg

36 AO to breaching, pillaging, marauding, tearing down and laying to rubble the Ozzie fortress and picking the series up as well, that too with your reserve squad , it was sweet to be honest seeing the shell shocked Ozzie and Pakistani faces... no * against the wins, no moral wins, just plain simple knockdown

Best revenge. That's a good one.

Starc the sandpaper boy cheating scum was talking a lot of crap b3fore 3rh test of 2017 final about how india will lose BGT at home.

Rahane took over from varat useless kohli and captained us to a fine win in the final test
We destroyed Oz at home. Rahane is undefeated as captain vs all teams.

The hyping how Waqar was going to destroy us in the 96' WC and how Akhtar was going to do the same in the 03' WC. Loved both those occasions.

Thats a good call .. Yup remember that clearly.🤣

Overall the #8-NOTHING record is a surreal ownage like none other in sports history. Lucky to have watched every single ball of ALL those matches live ... priceless memories but the 96 QF and 2003 take down of the pindi passenger train were something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nasser Husain calling MO Kaif a bus driver and Mo Kaif nailing the Natwest trophy 2002 , after hitting winning runs in a then world record chase & whistling at Nasser hussain - the day the driver took us home :)

Nasser Husain calling MO Kaif a bus driver and Mo Kaif nailing the Natwest trophy 2002 , after hitting winning runs in a then world record chase & whistling at Nasser hussain - the day the driver took us home :)
Forgot that one though was at the stadium..

Perfect riposte to Ronnie Irani and Freddie Flintoff...Dada taking his top off and sending fudges to the opponents.

I guess Match between Windies and some Eng county game, at the toss the county captain struggling to name who he selected and who he left out and waffles on, King Viv complete with that pomp - Swagger - that imperious voice et all.. : " You can play anybody, Mon...!"....not exactly a revenge moment but what was left unsaid (We'll still dust you off :) ...) is legendary stuff :)

Why did Nasser call him that? Any context?

West Indies took revenge on Tony Greig once.

Tony Greig said something like "England would make Windies grovel". That agitated West Indies and they ended up winning 3-0.

Here was what Tony Greig said that fired up the West Indies team --> I like to think that people are building these West Indians up, because I am not really sure they’re as good as everyone thinks they are,” he started and touched upon their defeat in Australia and struggle at home against India. “Sure, they’ve got a couple of fast bowlers, but … you must remember that (if) the West Indian get on top they are magnificent cricketers, but if they’re down, they grovel. And I intend, with the help of Closey and a few others, to make them grovel.”

Source: https://cricmash.com/conflicts-controversies/2015/1/25/tony-greig-and-the-grovel-affair.

Do you guys remember Andre Nel vs S Sreesanth's rift?

That six and the dance was a funny one.
HAHAHAH...that was hilarious, Apparently Nel kept telling Sreesanth he was a rabbit and did'nt have the heart/ticker for a fight, at one pont Sreesanth lost it - hit Nel over his head for a six and did that ridiculous cowboy rodeo dance and later said he wanted to convey the message to Nel 'you can't ride me' ....that test match co incincided with the 'Dhoom' series movies and all channels had this dance with the 'Dhoom' title score in the background ... :afridi

It had everyone laugh out of their seats. After years of being a bully Nel finally got something tellling him back in the most epic fashion.

Only Sreesanth :yk
Sreesanth is a fighter. He is also a winner. Won t20 wc and odi wc. Nel is nothing.

Day before Sachin: Shoaib akhtar who??
Next day his & dravids stumps spread over Calcutta cricket ground. Daddy of all revenge. Crowd had to be sent home.

Make a Bollywood movie of that if you can.

Next day his & dravids stumps spread over Calcutta cricket ground. Daddy of all revenge. Crowd had to be sent home.

SRT genuinely didn't know who Akhtar was.

On the other hand, Gul publicly targeted Sehwag before Mohali and had his career effectively finished by Sehwag in the match .

Sachin never said "Shoaib Akhtar who" or whatever lol..

Nothing tops Mitchell Johnson's revenge arc.

He was an object of ridicule by the Barmy army. He pretty much was a laughing stock at one point.

But he finished up his Ashes legacy with one of the test most devastating fast bowling performances I've ever seen across a whole series.

Pace, bounce and fire. The English fell apart on the crease and off the crease. It was enthralling viewing. The English batters seemed to be shaking before every delivery.

One of the greatest comeback stories in sport.

Who else remembers the epic Brian Lara vs Shane Warne rivalry?

I'm still pumped thinking about Lara's 153 (1999) at Barbados against Australia. He took on Warne, scoring 64 runs off 67 deliveries. Warne dominated him in previous encounters (7 dismissals in 14 innings).

Another incident I remember was Sarwan vs McGrath.

McGrath was sledging Sarwan. Sarwan responded by speaking about McGrath's wife. McGrath became furious.

West Indies ended up winning the Test as they chased down 418.

No one is mentioning Pakistan's CT 2017 victory after ridiculous loss in 1st game against arch rivals..
That tournament victory was very inspiring.
Yep the best revenge moment for Pakistan that they can't ever forget. Part of some awesome memories.

One of my favourite moments in cricket.

Mascarenhas had hit 5 sixes earlier that year against Yuvraj, in return Yuvi hit 6.
Never have I seen a better display of six hitting. That was a deliberate attempt at revenge.

Before that over, Flintoff and Yuvi had a verbal spat too

When Ramiz Raja took over PCB and Misbah quit/oe fired was best Revenge **** happened

13ganguly.jpg

Shami & Bumrah giving it back to Anderson with the bat & then Kohli’s famous ‘60 hrs of hell’ speech egging on India to that amazing Lords Test win has to be right up there for me. What a Test captain Kohli was!

Devon Malcolm vs SA

Knock on the head

“You guys are history”

9-57

✍️

The best revenge moment for me…I have two

1. Pakistan loses to USA, exposing everything wrong with Pakistan cricket

2. When Pakistan lost to India in New York especially when one person was making mithai orders midway through the game, tagging people to gloat….claiming he will always have the last laugh

Alhamdolillah, what a humbling that was served that day!

2. When Pakistan lost to India in New York especially when one person was making mithai orders midway through the game, tagging people to gloat….claiming he will always have the last laugh

Alhamdolillah, what a humbling that was served that day!
I agree.

I spoke too early on that day because I conveniently forgot how rubbish Imad Wasim is.

My best revenge moment in cricket was defo 2023 WC and 2017 ct.

In both tournaments you didn't expect either side to win as they were at the bottom of the table at one point.

Then each side grinded and won all their games and then in the finals bullied India into submission so much so that in both tournaments no one even prepared a winning speech for pakistan or Australia.

Another revenge moment was defo India vs Pakistan Asia cup. Before that game every fan was delusional thinking pakistan was no 1 and unstoppable before India and then every other team in the WC excluding bamgaldesh, Ned, And sri lanka gave pakistan a brutal reality check on where they stand.

Back