Michael Clarke loses lucrative commentating contract for Ind v Aus series, to commentate in PSL 8

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Former Australia captain Michael Clarke could be in danger of losing out on a lucrative commentary deal for the India vs Australia Border-Gavaskar Trophy after a video of his wild altercation with girlfriend went viral on social media. Clarke, Australia's 2015 World Cup-winning captain, was involved in a heated debate with his girlfriend Jade Yarbrough during their holiday in Noosa, Queensland. The video was filmed by a standard, in which Clarke can be seen being slapped by Yarbrough, who accuses the former Australian batter of cheating, which he continues to deny.

The close to three-minute video is filmed from far away and has blurry visuals but the audio is quite clear. Yarbrough can be heard screaming about Clarke's alleged physical relationship with his ex-girlfriend, high-profile fashion designer, Pip Edwards.

"You want to send her to India with you?' Yarbrough yells in the video. "I have seen the texts. 'You're the love of my life Pip, come with me to India'," she adds before slapping Clarke across his face even as the 41-year-old pleads innocence.

Clarke was accompanied by Yarbrough, her sister Jasmine and her husband and media personality Karl Stefanovic.

The video was published by The Daily Telegraph. Reports in the Australian media claimed that the Australian cricket great has already lost a potential deal with a skincare brand.

There has been no official comment on the incident from Cricket Australia but they have reportedly launched an investigation into the matter.

If multiple Australian media reports are to be believed then this could be just the beginning of Clarke's troubles. The former right-handed batter could lose his commentary deal for four-match Test series in India. BCCI, the Indian cricket board, and the host broadcasters, Star Sports, hold the right for awarding or terminating the contract of all commentators.

Clarke, who has represented Australia in 115 tests, 245 ODIs, and 34 T20Is, scoring 8643, 7981 and 488 runs respectively, has issued an apology for his behaviour.

"I'm absolutely gutted I've put people I hold in the highest regard in this position. My actions in the lead-up to this altercation were nothing short of shameful and regrettable. I own this fully and am the only one at fault," Clarke told The Daily Telegraph.

Australia are slated to tour India for a four-match Test series after nearly six years. The Test series begins on February 9 in Nagpur.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...alia-commentary-contract-101674237835417.html

Former Australia captain Michael Clarke could be in danger of losing out on a lucrative commentary deal for the India vs Australia Border-Gavaskar Trophy after a video of his wild altercation with girlfriend went viral on social media. Clarke, Australia's 2015 World Cup-winning captain, was involved in a heated debate with his girlfriend Jade Yarbrough during their holiday in Noosa, Queensland. The video was filmed by a standard, in which Clarke can be seen being slapped by Yarbrough, who accuses the former Australian batter of cheating, which he continues to deny.

The close to three-minute video is filmed from far away and has blurry visuals but the audio is quite clear. Yarbrough can be heard screaming about Clarke's alleged physical relationship with his ex-girlfriend, high-profile fashion designer, Pip Edwards.

"You want to send her to India with you?' Yarbrough yells in the video. "I have seen the texts. 'You're the love of my life Pip, come with me to India'," she adds before slapping Clarke across his face even as the 41-year-old pleads innocence.

Clarke was accompanied by Yarbrough, her sister Jasmine and her husband and media personality Karl Stefanovic.

The video was published by The Daily Telegraph. Reports in the Australian media claimed that the Australian cricket great has already lost a potential deal with a skincare brand.

There has been no official comment on the incident from Cricket Australia but they have reportedly launched an investigation into the matter.

If multiple Australian media reports are to be believed then this could be just the beginning of Clarke's troubles. The former right-handed batter could lose his commentary deal for four-match Test series in India. BCCI, the Indian cricket board, and the host broadcasters, Star Sports, hold the right for awarding or terminating the contract of all commentators.

Clarke, who has represented Australia in 115 tests, 245 ODIs, and 34 T20Is, scoring 8643, 7981 and 488 runs respectively, has issued an apology for his behaviour.

"I'm absolutely gutted I've put people I hold in the highest regard in this position. My actions in the lead-up to this altercation were nothing short of shameful and regrettable. I own this fully and am the only one at fault," Clarke told The Daily Telegraph.

Australia are slated to tour India for a four-match Test series after nearly six years. The Test series begins on February 9 in Nagpur.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...alia-commentary-contract-101674237835417.html

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Test captain Michael Clarke and his girlfriend Jade Yarbrough have been fined by police over their wild public brawl in Noosa. The couple has now been issued with public nuisance infringement notices. <a href="https://t.co/5zYfOfGqUb">https://t.co/5zYfOfGqUb</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/7NEWS?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#7NEWS</a> <a href="https://t.co/ZR7669ooxF">pic.twitter.com/ZR7669ooxF</a></p>— 7NEWS Melbourne (@7NewsMelbourne) <a href="https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1616698677254553601?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2023</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What has the incident got to do with him commentating in the BG series?

Last edited:
Former Australian cricket star Michael Clarke has landed a new opportunity as a commentator for the Pakistan Super League (PSL) after a video of him in an altercation with his girlfriend went viral.

The incident led to Clarke being dropped by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for the Border Gavaskar Trophy.

Clarke, who led Australia to victory in the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup, expressed his excitement about the new opportunity.

“I have just been asked to commentate in the PSL, the Pakistan Super League, and you should see the internationals they have got,” Clarke said.

The 41-year-old is one of the best modern-day cricketers from Down Under. He won the 2007 and 2015 World Cups, leading Australia to the title eight years later.

Clarke has apologized for his behavior and is now focusing on his commentary career.

“I’m absolutely gutted I’ve put people I hold in the highest regard in this position. My actions in the lead-up to this altercation were nothing short of shameful and regrettable. I own this fully and am the only one at fault," Clarke said.

He will share his expert opinion and insights with the audience during the PSL, which begins on February 13.

The BCCI's decision to drop Clarke from the commentary team cost him a commercial contract worth AUD 150,000.

CricketPakistan

Michael Clarke has made some poor choices as far as his personal life off the field is concerned.

Poor guy. Got beaten up by gf and then lost a lucrative gig. Talk about ignominious double whammy!

To be honest, it's good to have another voice in the comm box for PSL - bit tired of the same voices. Although Key is one I will miss.

Good job by the PSL to rope him in. He's an excellent commentator and the reader of the game.

Hope he'll teach Waqar Younis to finally get his English right and expose his substandard cricketing IQ.

He's a decent commentator and knows his stuff.

Better than most of the current commentators working on the PSL.

BCCI trying to be too correct these days. God knows whose influence is this, but it ain't doing bcci any good.

Am confused, why is this guy being ostracised for being assaulted by his partner?

Am confused, why is this guy being ostracised for being assaulted by his partner?

Reputational damage to the brands he is associated with.

IPL doesn't want this news story to accompany him on tour.

Personal matter is personal matter, should not have effected his professional contract, he is not running for president of India or Pakistan.

Big fan of Clarke the cricketer. Was a very innovative tactician as well.

The Thread title says MC loses a lucrative contract, but the article says "Former Australia captain Michael Clarke could be in danger of losing out"?

Which is it?

Anyway, I do not understand, it was MC that was slapped by a woman, and he is in danger of losing a contract? Is this wokeness gone mad?

What is the message here? It is ok for Women to slap men and men have to pay the price?

The Thread title says MC loses a lucrative contract, but the article says "Former Australia captain Michael Clarke could be in danger of losing out"?

Which is it?

Anyway, I do not understand, it was MC that was slapped by a woman, and he is in danger of losing a contract? Is this wokeness gone mad?

What is the message here? It is ok for Women to slap men and men have to pay the price?

The entire optics look bad as per BCCI which is rich coming from them. I dont agree with it. They are playing to the gallery here.

Who is BCCi trying to impress here ? Are there people in India who care about whats happening in life of some Ex Aussie Cricketer and if including him in the commentary team will lead to some kind of boycott by Indian fans ? What is the need to be so vigilant ? Someone trying to show what great moral values they have.

Which is it?

Apologies for my mistake

Thread title changed

==

Clarke has been replaced by multiple former Australian cricketers in the commentary panel for the tour involving four Tests and the three ODIs. Mark Waugh will be a part of the commentary panel for the first two Tests in Nagpur and in New Delhi.

Michael Clarke's commentary contract for the India vs Australia Border-Gavaskar Trophy has reportedly been scrapped by the BCCI following the former Australia captain's public altercation with girlfriend Jade Yarborough. Videos of Clarke's brawl during their holiday in Noosa, Queensland, went viral on social media last week. The footage showed Yarborough accusing the former cricketer of cheating and even slapping him.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald and The Age, Clarke has been replaced by multiple former Australian cricketers in the commentary panel for the tour involving four Tests and the three ODIs. Mark Waugh will be a part of the commentary panel for the first two Tests in Nagpur and in New Delhi.

Former Australia pacer Mitchell Johnson will then take over for the final two Tests in Dharamsala and Ahmedabad. Retires Australia ODI captain Aaron Finch is likely to join Johnson for the three-match ODI series.

The report further adds that BCCI were in touch with a number of other former Australia cricketers like Ricky Ponting, Mike Hussey, Simon Katich and Brad Haddin but their IPL commitments created a problem.

Clarke, who had apologised for his behaviour, is set to take up a commentary role in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) which will be played around the same time of Australia's tour to India.

“I’ve just been asked to commentate on the PSL, the Pakistan Premier League, and you should see the internationals they’ve got,” Clarke said on Sky’s Big Sports Breakfast. “So many overseas players are going and playing in that tournament.”

Australia's tour of India begins on February 9. The Australia team is set to arrive in Bengaluru next week, where they will practice for five days before moving to Nagpur for the first Test.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...aptain-joins-psl-instead-101674731590310.html

You would have thought before the slap up happened, due to his well documented past transgressions, she would have known he was a rat. Though couldn't have been more important than the money and status a relationship with Clarke would have afforded her.

Another example of psl picking up IPL leftovers

So he didn't make the cut for the PSL 8 commentary legends group.

Former Australia captain Michael Clarke revealed his battle with a mental disorder, sharing he suffered extreme sadness and lack of motivation, he said:

“I have never been checked; I think it is a given. It is like ADD [attention deficit disorder, it’s a given. Definitely, ask my parents; you don’t need to take me to a doctor. I’ve certainly been extremely sad, devastated, floored, can’t move for days, and can’t get out of bed.

“I’ve lost family members and a couple of my closest friends, so I think I’ve felt the deepest sadness, but I think it was sadness.

“I don’t know if it was depression. I’ve never gone to a doctor to be diagnosed with depression, for example, or to seek medication for depression.

“I don’t think any of those three have tattoos, have an earring, dye their hair, or, you know, play a handful of Test matches and want a Ferrari, so I went and bought one. I did what I felt. Those decisions that I made that probably people didn’t agree with were fair enough as well,”

I find it gross double standards - Warne was a walking red flag when it came to personal life but ir didn't stop him from having lucrative Commentary contracts world wide. He was caught doing all sorts of nonsense remember.

Clarke was found cheating by his GF. Okay but what's that got to do with canceling contract? Looks like too harsh. He's got an astute cricketing mind and would be as insightful as Ponting in commentary

Siddhu was imprisoned for murdering someone and he commented during the world cup didn't he.

I find it gross double standards - Warne was a walking red flag when it came to personal life but ir didn't stop him from having lucrative Commentary contracts world wide. He was caught doing all sorts of nonsense remember.

Clarke was found cheating by his GF. Okay but what's that got to do with canceling contract? Looks like too harsh. He's got an astute cricketing mind and would be as insightful as Ponting in commentary

Siddhu was imprisoned for murdering someone and he commented during the world cup didn't he.

Babar Azam was also accused of stealing a woman’s innocence but he has been captain too.

Thread is about clarke. No need to bring other guys in here and discuss their lives. Stay on topic.

Back