India (160/8) beat Australia (154/8) by 6 runs in the 5th T20I to conclude a 4-1 series victory

Why no Zampa and Maxwell in 4th and 5th game then?

If their goal was to win series, wouldn't they have included them (considering series was on the line)?

Just because they don't play them doesn't mean they don't treat them seriously much like just b ecause India doesn't play Bumrah India doesn't treat them seriously. T20 is used to experiment different XI by teams. So on the field you focus on beating opposition not caving in before even the match starts.

Actually I want to know if India has any player you are talking about. I know of only two indian all rounders Hardik and Jadeja. Then there is Thakur who no one likes. Who else you have? Everyone know all rounders are gems, but do you have any in India?
India has quiet a few youngsters and some veterans who can do the job in domestic. Couple of fast bowlign all rounders, spin all rounders. Tewatia can find a spot.

India seriously got away with 1-4 loss with so many blunders plus all the toss losses. Australia struggled against spinners in almost all the matches yet India kept on going with Mukesh, Arshdeep, Avesh none of them are rated

India has quiet a few youngsters and some veterans who can do the job in domestic. Couple of fast bowlign all rounders, spin all rounders. Tewatia can find a spot.
ONLY tewatia? No one else in whole country? :unsure:
Isnt there anyone like Raina, Yuvraj, Pathan brothers?

I think India just has 2 quality all rounders Hardik and Jadeja... others are not quality... I remember Washington Sundar having great promise, but he disappeared from Indian radar. India should conduct camp and force their batsmen to bowl.

Axar is going to give tough competition Jadeja for that no 7 spot. A proper T20I bowler

Guys, don’t let this bilateral series win vs Australia fool you. Just two weeks ago, we lost the WC Final.
It still hurts and it’ll hurt until we win something important like test series win in South Africa.

I think India just has 2 quality all rounders Hardik and Jadeja... others are not quality... I remember Washington Sundar having great promise, but he disappeared from Indian radar. India should conduct camp and force their batsmen to bowl.
Yup Tewatia is a good player - kinda like Rinku.. And Jadeja is useless - has been for the past 4+ years but still finds a spot in the AR quota. Washi is injury prone and not the biggest hitter. No other quality AR's . A big reason is the intro of the tactical sub which pretty much removes AR's from the game. And the youngsters have no incentive to hone in on their bowling skills..

Shreyas Iyer's half-century followed by a three-wicket haul from Mukesh Kumar, guided India to a thrilling six-run victory over Australia in the fifth T20I on Sunday. With this win, India have claimed the five-match series with 4-1 scoreline.

Chasing 161, Australia managed 154/8 in 20 overs with Kumar returning 4-0-32-3 and leg spinner Ravi Bishnoi producing a fine 4-0-29-2. Axar Patel also produced an all-round show, taking 1/14 from his four overs after making a vital 31 with the bat.

For Australia, Ben McDermott hit 54 off 36 balls and Travis Head made 28 in just 15 balls. Earlier, Shreyas Iyer's half-century helped India post 160/8 in 20 overs.

Guys, don’t let this bilateral series win vs Australia fool you. Just two weeks ago, we lost the WC Final.
It still hurts and it’ll hurt until we win something important like test series win in South Africa.
People will feel how they feel, who are you talking to when you say “don’t let this bilateral series win fool you”? I will take any and all wins we get- would you rather we lost the bilateral series too?
Get over it, that stuff is done, over, finished, completed, in the past! Be hopeful of what’s to come. Cheers!

People will feel how they feel, who are you talking to when you say “don’t let this bilateral series win fool you”? I will take any and all wins we get- would you rather we lost the bilateral series too?
Get over it, that stuff is done, over, finished, completed, in the past! Be hopeful of what’s to come. Cheers!
I rather lose meaning T20 or Odi bilateral series over ICC trophy .

Paragh scored 510 runs in domestic T20 averaging 85 at strike rate of 183 also took 11 wickets @24 avge with ER or 7.29

India can at best win Asia cup in ODIs with the set up as Asia has much inferior sides. In world events to beat these guys India needs depth. Can't win anything with 10 one-dimensional players.

I think they should stuck with Tilak instead of Iyer.Iyer can't play bouncers and he plays at 120 sr.They should let both Iyer and Jaiswal bowl a few overs.I don't know why mgmt is so slow to react for such a glaring issue.

I think they should stuck with Tilak instead of Iyer.Iyer can't play bouncers and he plays at 120 sr.They should let both Iyer and Jaiswal bowl a few overs.I don't know why mgmt is so slow to react for such a glaring issue.
Current Iyer is better than many of our guys against short ball. His only issue is tempo in T20. Tilak is not exactly strong either against short ball.

Current Iyer is better than many of our guys against short ball. His only issue is tempo in T20. Tilak is not exactly strong either against short ball.
But we can bet against a young player who can also bowl.Iyer position be under severe threat from youngsters now.Imagine Gaikwad and Iyer batting in a t20🤐

But we can bet against a young player who can also bowl.Iyer position be under severe threat from youngsters now.Imagine Gaikwad and Iyer batting in a t20🤐
Yes. Iyer is not suitable for T20. Ruturaj is a bit like old Rohit. Takes a lot of time before exploding. India has to break away from that. Two openers who can go from both ends.

Yes. Iyer is not suitable for T20. Ruturaj is a bit like old Rohit. Takes a lot of time before exploding. India has to break away from that. Two openers who can go from both ends.
I think management should ask Gill to be more quicker or give a chance to Sai Sudharshan etc.Only Jaiswal seems to be meeting the t20 opening standards.

I rather lose meaning T20 or Odi bilateral series over ICC trophy .
It’s not about losing a bilateral series for a World Cup win, you know better than anyone it doesn’t work like that.
It’s about letting bygones be bygones and focus on doing better in future matches, bilateral or tournaments.
Look at Pakistan and learn from them: they are there with all hopes to win one game all tour. But will even that happen? Will they win one T20 game given that’s their best chance? Or will come back like always do and say bilaterals don’t matter?
Either way, move past your WC sorrows and get ready to give back the same dose to the padosis in style 😊👍🏼

They let Indian fans have some fun after silencing them in AHmadabad.
It's a pointless series. Do bilateral wins really matter?

In tests sure. Absolutely. Tests away wins are almost on par with winning a world cup.

But t20 bilaterals ate just fluff tournaments.

Odi bilaterals just before a world cup perhaps holds slightly more merit but again it's just a tester.

Congratulations to India on winning a meaningless T20 series against Australia. The timing of which is most odd, happening so soon after a major World Cup. Dont know what BCCI and ACB were thinking. Is (advertisement) money everything in sport?

This win cannot compensate for the flop show on the biggest stage (World Cup Final), when it really mattered.

Congratulations to India on winning a meaningless T20 series against Australia. The timing of which is most odd, happening so soon after a major World Cup. Dont know what BCCI and ACB were thinking. Is (advertisement) money everything in sport?

This win cannot compensate for the flop show on the biggest stage (World Cup Final), when it really mattered.
9 Aussie players from WC winning team played in this series, despite this, India’s emerging talent thrashed world champions

Victory is sweet
Revenge is sweeter

Ja
India still has a lot of holes that they have to cover. Cannot go with this 5 bowling options, 4 tailenders. This is always way way risky. India still doesn't learn from WC final loss. 5 bowlers, 5 batsmen. Always a fail strategy.
Jaiswal can bowl but sky not using him

Winning mentality Vs Stats-driven mentality (btw this doesn't just apply to Indians but also to other desi-players, fans and media)

'An Aussie journalist was once asked, “Why does the Aussie cricket team win so much and Indian team lose so much?” He replied, “In India when the son returns home from playing cricket with friends his parents ask him ‘How many runs did YOU score?’ In Australia the parents ask the son, ‘Did your team win?’” And that is the greatest difference.

Yes cricket is a stats-heavy sport but it is all about winning the big moments and tournaments. Hence Australia is the most successful cricket team in history.

Australia's national sport is officially cricket, however, it is not the most popular sport there.

Australian rules football (similar to American football) is the most popular sport down under followed by rugby.

Then come cricket, tennis, swimming, golf, netball and horse racing.

Australia's national sport is officially cricket, however, it is not the most popular sport there.

Australian rules football (similar to American football) is the most popular sport down under followed by rugby.

Then come cricket, tennis, swimming, golf, netball and horse racing.

That is a flawed argument. One country can be equally good in multiple sports like USA is. Australian rugby started in 1864. Australian cricket started in 1877.

Winning mentality Vs Stats-driven mentality (btw this doesn't just apply to Indians but also to other desi-players, fans and media)

'An Aussie journalist was once asked, “Why does the Aussie cricket team win so much and Indian team lose so much?” He replied, “In India when the son returns home from playing cricket with friends his parents ask him ‘How many runs did YOU score?’ In Australia the parents ask the son, ‘Did your team win?’” And that is the greatest difference.

Yes cricket is a stats-heavy sport but it is all about winning the big moments and tournaments. Hence Australia is the most successful cricket team in history.
Hope they remember that "winning mentality" when they face India in the next Test series as they will lose their 5th in a row if they lose again.

It's a pointless series. Do bilateral wins really matter?

In tests sure. Absolutely. Tests away wins are almost on par with winning a world cup.

But t20 bilaterals ate just fluff tournaments.

Odi bilaterals just before a world cup perhaps holds slightly more merit but again it's just a tester.
It matters to those fringe Aussie and Indian players who get a chance to play for the country. This series is a chance for fringe players to get a game and for them to express themselves.

Pakistan will never understand all this because their main players play each and every game. But the fringe Pakistani players who never get chance will know the value of such games.

Congrats to India. This series is only second in importance, t20 wise, to the the t20 WC and maybe IPL. Australia is the strongest team on earth in LOIs, and beating them after their incredible WC win is no easy feat. They were probably the most confident they’d ever been and India were the most devastated they had ever been after the WC, yet they pulled it off!!

Why is no one talking about this series?!

Wade fury at umpire after Australia fall to another T20 defeat in India​

Australia’s captain, Matthew Wade, has been left fuming at a late umpiring blunder as India secured a dramatic six-run victory in the fifth and final T20 clash in Bengaluru.

The all-rounder Aaron Hardie (one for 21) and the spinner Tanveer Sangha (one for 26) had produced strong displays with the ball as Australia restricted India to eight for 160 on Sunday night (Monday AEDT).
But their victory hopes were ended when the stumps umpire couldn’t get out of the way in time when Nathan Ellis bludgeoned the fifth delivery straight back down the ground.

It meant instead of a registering a boundary, Australia could only scamper through for a single, their hopes over as they went on to finish at eight for 154. The result enabled India to wrap up a 4-1 series win.

“It’s hard to wrap my head around at the moment after not being able to get us home,” Wade said of the defeat. “I thought we bowled relatively well. We kept them to a total that probably should have been chased at this ground.

“It’s pretty disappointing. It would have been nice to get the result tonight. I think 3-2 would have been a reflection of where the series was at.”

India slumped to four for 55 after 9.1 overs before handy knocks from Shreyas Iyer (53 off 37 balls) and Axar Patel (31off 21) lifted the home side to a defendable total.

Source : The Guardian

Congrats to India. This series is only second in importance, t20 wise, to the the t20 WC and maybe IPL. Australia is the strongest team on earth in LOIs, and beating them after their incredible WC win is no easy feat. They were probably the most confident they’d ever been and India were the most devastated they had ever been after the WC, yet they pulled it off!!

Why is no one talking about this series?!
Happened in 2019 too. India beats nz 4-1 in odi series and then goes on to lose in ko semi finals game in 2019

Beats aus in 2023c before wc in bilateral and group game and then loss in grand final lol.

Somebody in the BCCI has made a pact with the devil to win every game under the sun other than ICC trophy finals. :unsure:

Back