Misbah-ul-Haq to lead high-profile Cricket Technical Committee

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
timthumb.php

Lahore, 2 August 2023: The Pakistan Cricket Board has constituted a high-profile Cricket Technical Committee (CTC), consisting former Pakistan captains Misbah-ul-Haq (head), Inzamam-ul-Haq and Mohammad Hafeez.

The CTC will provide recommendations on cricket-related matters, including, but not limited to the overall domestic structure, scheduling, playing conditions, appointment of the national selection committees, appointment of national team coaches, central and domestic contracts and plans for the development of umpires, referees and curators.
The CTC will have the powers to invite additional cricket experts, and shall report to the head of the PCB Management Committee on regular basis.

PCB Management Committee Chairperson Zaka Ashraf: “I am delighted to welcome Misbah-ul-Haq, Inzamam-ul-Haq and Mohammad Hafeez on board for the betterment of cricket in our country. These three former captains possess great cricket knowledge and understand the demands of modern-day cricket.

“Domestic cricket structure is a pillar of any cricketing nation. We have to make it fool proof and its structure progressive. The presence of Misbah, Inzamam and Hafeez, three of Pakistan's most experienced and decorated cricketers who rose through the domestic ranks, will help us in providing our cricketers the best system to thrive so that we can produce the best cricketers.”

Misbah-ul-Haq: “It is a great honour for me to be appointed as the head of this committee, which comprises well-respected individuals who have served Pakistan cricket for decades.

"This is a challenging assignment, but with the vast experience and knowledge that this committee possesses, I have no doubt whatsoever that we will be able to make a positive difference by providing recommendations that improve and enhance the state of the game from the grassroots till the very top.”

Acting Director – Domestic Cricket Operations, Junaid Zia, has been included as the ex-officio member of the CTC, and Usman Tasleem is the ex-officio and secretary.

About the CTC members:

Misbah-ul-Haq – Pakistan’s most successful Test captain with 26 wins in 56 matches. He led Pakistan to the number one spot in the ICC Test Rankings in August 2016. The right-handed batter played 75 Tests, 162 ODIs and 39 T20Is and scored 5,222, 5,122 and 788 runs in the three formats, respectively. He was the member of the Pakistan side that lifted the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2009 under the captaincy of Younis Khan.

Inzamam-ul-Haq – Member of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 1992 winning side, Inzamam captained Pakistan in different stints from 2001 till 2007. He made 11,739 ODI runs – the most for any batter from Pakistan – in 378 matches at an average of 39.52 and struck 10 centuries and 83 half-centuries. He scored 8,830 Test runs in 120 matches at an average of 49.60 and scored 25 centuries and 46 half-centuries. He played a solitary T20I match against England at Bristol in August 2006, leading Pakistan to a five-wicket win in their maiden appearance in the format.

Mohammad Hafeez – Scored 3,652 runs and took 53 wickets in 55 Tests, 6,614 and 139 in 218 ODIs and 2,514 and 61 in 119 T20Is. He holds the record for being the only third all-rounder in international cricket to score 1000-plus runs and take 30 or more wickets in a calendar year after Sanath Jayasuriya and Jacques Kallis. Under his captaincy, Pakistan played the semi-final of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2012.

I hope he stays clear of the coaching staff and lets them do their jobs without interference

This guy needs to be fired permanently please…

hmmm, there must be something good about MUH that every other Chairman puts his trust in him. - Not a Misbah fan but the guy is sensible.

Misbah shouldn't be anywhere near pcb especially his previous record which was beyond pathetic and unprofessional

hmmm, there must be something good about MUH that every other Chairman puts his trust in him. - Not a Misbah fan but the guy is sensible.

Being a yes man gets you every where in this country.

He is stubborn despite seriously lacking any charismatic qualities. Plus his outdated strategies have already harmed pakistan during his captaincy period.

Misbah in an interview has already stated he strongly disagrees with this new Pakistan Way approach and is already sounding defeatist panoti i.e. "Do you think you will be able to score at a run rate of 4-5 in England, Australia, South Africa?, Test Cricket is all about patience and temprament"

Someone please keep this eternal utter downer away from the Pakistani team.

Misbah in an interview has already stated he strongly disagrees with this new Pakistan Way approach and is already sounding defeatist panoti i.e. "Do you think you will be able to score at a run rate of 4-5 in England, Australia, South Africa?, Test Cricket is all about patience and temprament"

God May Save the Palos cricket from This Useless King of Tuk tuk. One step forward two steps back, Rinse and repeat. Story of Pakistan cricket. The original Pakistan way.

The king is back at the helm where he belongs. Love it

He’s so stubborn and annoying

Interesting times ahead.

I'm guessing Mickey and Grant will have clauses in their contracts for pay-offs if the PCB get rid of them.

This scenario is exactly why Mickey was right to not give up his job at Derbyshire.

Source pls

We have no visionaries, just rent seekers. Misbah had the opportunity to set out a proper template with his DOC role but he got greedy and took the coaches job and ended up getting sacked.

Usually they say, “if you think someone is bad for a job, let them fully run their course on that job for them to be never considered again for it.”

This is the usual model of success and progression. But clearly it never applies in the PCB

Misbah ul Haq is now in the prestigious list of incompetents who will be continuously recycled by the PCB only. Waqar Younis is the chairman of this list

Interesting times ahead.

I'm guessing Mickey and Grant will have clauses in their contracts for pay-offs if the PCB get rid of them.

This scenario is exactly why Mickey was right to not give up his job at Derbyshire.
and pcb should not had given him an offer aswell.

Everyone knew that it was an election year and care taker govt would be in place, thus the chairman will be changed. Yet sethi gave a job offer that too with online coaching...

Even if Arthur gets hired the online coaching part is a big issue

Misbah is a good brain but I am concerned at giving him so much powers.

Misbah is a good man, but his views are outdated in the era of Bazball. He needs to not be involved in Pakistan cricket going forward.

We have no visionaries, just rent seekers. Misbah had the opportunity to set out a proper template with his DOC role but he got greedy and took the coaches job and ended up getting sacked.
It's an honorary appointment, Misbah's not getting paid for this.

Here we go, one step forward and now 10 years back. This Misbah obsession by nearly every PCB board is mind boggling

Here we go, one step forward and now 10 years back. This Misbah obsession by nearly every PCB board is mind boggling

Why do you think that is?

Surely there must be something they see in him that they like him?

It’s probably an obsession with the MBA “English speaking” complex most Pakistanis have. This is why Rambo became chairman too.

They just think they’ll keep randomly trying everyone of that ilk and hope one sticks.

This is not the only depressing news coming from Pakistan lately, unfortunately, but from cricketing POW, certainly one of the worst in last month or so.

It’s probably an obsession with the MBA “English speaking” complex most Pakistanis have. This is why Rambo became chairman too.

They just think they’ll keep randomly trying everyone of that ilk and hope one sticks.
Misbah is more suited to the Admin roles and not to the cricketing side. He is an intelligent guy that thinks linear, which is a strength in many cases but we need a guy to think creatively, to develop talent and look to be ambitious. It may not work but at least some wants to change from the same old same old

The greatest Karen in the history of Pakistan cricket

Sir Mohammad Hafeez

Today he denied he was unhappy and accused people of making up false news and now this.

Today he denied he was unhappy and accused people of making up false news and now this.
Bro there is only one way this guy will be brought down to earth/reality

Give him the complete control over one of the teams if not all…and then watch how his ‘smashing theories’ are given a reality check

Hafeez's tenure in the Committee lasted 51 days.

It seems like there is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes.

My guess, he's probably not happy with the World Cup squad.

Anything to do with Amir?

but world cup squad was none of his concern.

his concern was to help PCB with day to day and give advice where required. Makes no sense why he quit

but world cup squad was none of his concern.

his concern was to help PCB with day to day and give advice where required. Makes no sense why he quit
There is history between Hafeez and Mickey Arthur. If you recall back in 2020:

Mohammad Hafeez "There was double standards & favouritism during his time as Coach"

Mickey Arthur "I liked people that trained hard & won games & disliked people that were selfish & sat in comfort zones"

Saw something on Twitter saying he wanted Sarfraz and Imad for World Cup but it was rejected, so he quit.

Misbah is a good man, but his views are outdated in the era of Bazball. He needs to not be involved in Pakistan cricket going forward.

Good to see you acknowledge that his views are outdated in the Bazball era however he was not a good man.

You don't go play for yourself in a semi-final WC match nor do you go behind your ex-coach's back merely to take the job for yourself. That's snakey behaviour.

Last edited by a moderator:
When will this guy just get lost. He has been lingering around like a bad smell. His last stint as coach + selector was the biggest disaster in our history.

The Pakistan Cricket Board thanked former Pakistan captain Mohammad Hafeez for his valuable contribution. He had been invited by the Cricket Technical Committee headed by Misbah-ul-Haq on multiple occasions for his recommendations and expert opinions on cricket-related matters.

The CTC provides recommendations on Pakistan cricket and has the power to invite additional cricket experts as and when required.

PCB Management Committee Chairperson Zaka Ashraf said: "I want to thank Mohammad Hafeez for his contributions and for making himself available to assist PCB. His expert opinion and knowledge about the game are invaluable. His insights and suggestions have been incredibly helpful and have had a positive impact on Pakistan cricket. We will continue to engage him and other cricket experts as and when required.”

The talk that he does , looks like he knows eveything in and out but doesnt take any action, also the most stubborn to resist any change..

Why PCB is not working to bring new people for the technical committee!!!

Back