Mohamed Salah signs a new three-year contract with Liverpool

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Mo Salah wants a staggering £500,000 a week to extend his stay with Liverpool.

The 29-year-old is already one of the biggest earners at Anfield – a reward for continually ending up on top of the club’s scoring charts.

But he is has less than two years of his current deal, believed to be more than £200,000 a week, to run, and manager Jurgen Klopp is anxious to tie him down to keep him out of the clutches of interested big guns which include Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.

Already a number of established stars including Virgil van Dijk, Alisson and skipper Jordan Henderson have agreed to commit their long term futures to the club by signing new improved deals.

None of them though have been as ambitious as Salah in their wage demands which has meant that so far there has been no breakthrough in on going talks.

If agreed it would be the biggest ever financial package for a player in Liverpool’s proud history although so far there have been no signs that Salah will get his own way.

It was a quiet summer transfer window for Klopp with just £36 million invested in defender Ibrahima Konate, the club preferring to concentrate on new extended contracts for their established stars.

The signs are that the Egyptian forward, who has been a sensation on Merseyside since his bargain £36 million arrival from Roma, will have to lower his demands to receive a new improved deal.

Salah has joined up with Egypt for their World Cup qualifying match against Gabon, despite Liverpool previously blocking any such moves.

The fixture will take place in Gabon, and with the country not on the UK's red list Salah won't have to quarantine upon his return.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mo-salah-liverpool-transfer-news-24909896

Is he worth £500,000 a week?

You have to be a footballer as good as Hafeez is a batsman at the very least to be demanding that much.

You are being disrespectful to the Legend, he is at least worth a million pounds per week if not more.

He's a top player but the scrooge at the fsg will never pay out that sum in wages .

One of the conditions of the European super league was a wage cap agreed by all clubs.

Football on its current sugar daddy model is not sustainable

If this is true then LFC need to look at alternatives. He is asking for way too much money here. Pure greed.

If you want to win leagues and cups consistently I'm afraid you have to splash out the cash.

The balancing book approach won't let you compete with the likes of man city's, utds and Chelseas

Looks like a deliberate leak to put Salah in his place. He's a very good player but no club, not even PSG would pay that wage for him.

Is he worth £500,000 a week?

He might be, but not to Liverpool. I can't see any British club paying those sort of wages, probably only a couple of clubs in the world who would do it, and then you would expect it only for a Messi.

He's worth it

He might be, but not to Liverpool. I can't see any British club paying those sort of wages, probably only a couple of clubs in the world who would do it, and then you would expect it only for a Messi.

He's been playing at the highest level for three years

Last edited:
Not worth £500,000 but he should be on at least £400,000 as he's been performing consistently at higher level than the below for the past 4 seasons.

Hazard £407,000
Grealish £300,000
Sterling £300,000
CR7 £510,000
Martial £250,000
Sancho £350,000
Werner £272,000
Aubameyang - £250,000

Just look at salahs impact and number of goals

If likes of grealish and diver sterling are 300000 k

Then salah is definently 400k

Fsg need to sell up they simply can't put the money where their mouth is .

Salah is by far one of liverpools premier asset

He's probably looking at what the likes of Ronaldo are earning and thinking I should be on that kind of salary.

Worth a try, although I'm not sure Liverpool will give in to his demands.

I dont think he is demanding any amount, this would mean pay or leave, which is not the case.

Considering the likes of Grealish, who is nowhere near the level of Salah on £300k, he should be getting much more.

Does he deserve a pay rise? Salah was bought to score 15 odd goals, 10-15 assists, along with being a fit for Klopps high press, quick counter football. He has surpassed this to a level making him one of the best in the world, in many peoples world XI.

Salah also has a huge following worldwide, esp in the Arab world where LFC has gained huge support.

LFC could sell him for £120+ million but he would be very tough to replace esp in Klopps style of play.

Good news is Salah wants to stay, he wants to end up as a LFC legend and break more records in the PL. Hope an agreement is reached soon.

2 more goals tonight, against Porto.

What a player.

Mohamed Salah feels that Liverpool’s owners are showing an unfair reluctance to hand him a contract he feels he deserves, according to a report.

The 29-year-old has defied expectations in recent seasons to stamp his mark as one of the Premier League’s best players. Indeed, he recently became the fifth-fastest player to 100 goals in the competition.

Liverpool have long enjoyed his goalscoring form, but he made absolutely sure of his status at the club last month. His goal against Brentford made him the fastest-ever Reds player to 100 league goals.

Despite those achievements being the product of just over four fantastic seasons, he could soon leave Anfield.

While several other key Liverpool stars such as Jordan Henderson have signed new deals, Salah has not. The Egyptian is the next biggest priority, but negotiations have proved tough.

Earlier reports claimed that he wants £500,000 per week with his new terms. According to The Athletic, Salah feels happy at Liverpool, but unimpressed with how the club have gone about negotiations.

Indeed, his frustrations relate to how challenging the discussions are proving to be.

Furthermore, Salah has looked to Manchester City for a prime example of how a club should treat standout players.

Kevin de Bruyne is a year older than the winger and has faced more fitness issues. However, City wasted no time in tying him down to a huge new deal in April.

Salah therefore feels he warrants similar treatment from Liverpool’s Fenway Sports Group owners.

But FSG are showing a reluctance to hand him a deal which would definitely make him the club’s highest-paid player ever. In doing so, FSG also have reservations about Liverpool’s wage structure.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/new...erpool-contract-saga/ar-AAP400H?ocid=msedgntp

Jamie Carragher "I said this over the last couple of weeks - he is one of the greatest players to play for Liverpool. The club have lost Roger Hunt in the last few days, one of the greatest goalscorers the club has ever seen.

"Mo Salah is one of them, in terms of Ian Rush, Roger Hunt... Mo Salah is up there. He goes into a Liverpool greatest XI.

"You think of the greatest players Liverpool have had - he goes on that right side, there's absolutely no doubt about it.

"I know the situation Liverpool are in. They don't have the finances of Manchester City when you think of the wages they give out. But right now, Salah is playing as well as anyone in European football.

"Liverpool cannot afford to let his contract situation drag on, with the threat they could lose him in the next two years.

"This is a guy who really looks after himself, and you can see that when he takes his top off when he scores a goal.

"I'm not saying he's going to be like Cristiano Ronaldo when he's 35 or 36, still topping the goalscoring charts, but I think this lad's got a lot in him as he goes into his 30s.

"It's imperative that at his peak he's still scoring goals in the red shirt of Liverpool."

Basically the Yanks are setting up the plot to sell Mo next year through character assassination. It’s old tactics now - next will be Virgil. The club that has the highest gross revenue in UK made a transfer profit when the rivals are spending over 100mn/window and this is time & again happening. Add to that, they’ll strip the squad to bare minimum to reduce the wage cost.

I’m afraid, Klopp will leave in a year or two and we’ll get Steve G as Manager to keep us in mid table with value for money buys.

Footballer's are worth whatever a club is willin to make them worth. Ronaldo, Messi etc are worth their money because they also bring in massive merchandise and ad revenue. Is Sala on par with them?

The other variablr in this equation is who else will he willing to pay him £500k and the decision should be made taking that in to account.

Due to the financial situation clubs like Barcelona, Real and Bayern are automatically ruled out. So they are not in play.

The other clubs who can afford to pay him what he wants are as follows;

- Manchester United
- PSG
- Chelsea
- Man City

United is a non-starter. City do not need him: and are well covered. Chelsea again don’t need him and I doubt he would want to go either.

PSG are a possible option but only if Mbappe jumps ship next season. If he stays then they are not an option either. If Mbappe stays then Real Madrid possibly opens up but I think Real want someone who can go a bit central which Salah cannot (and Mbappe can)

So it is a very small pool and I do not believe that Salah has a strong position here. He doesn’t have all the cards. The market isn’t big for him and he would struggle to find a club to move to who would

The best outcome would be to meet around £300-350k and call it a day.

I dont think he is demanding any amount, this would mean pay or leave, which is not the case.

Considering the likes of Grealish, who is nowhere near the level of Salah on £300k, he should be getting much more.

Does he deserve a pay rise? Salah was bought to score 15 odd goals, 10-15 assists, along with being a fit for Klopps high press, quick counter football. He has surpassed this to a level making him one of the best in the world, in many peoples world XI.

Salah also has a huge following worldwide, esp in the Arab world where LFC has gained huge support.

LFC could sell him for £120+ million but he would be very tough to replace esp in Klopps style of play.

Good news is Salah wants to stay, he wants to end up as a LFC legend and break more records in the PL. Hope an agreement is reached soon.

Salah may have brought support from Arab world (mostly Egypt to be honest; Gulf Arabs are Egyptians as different to them) but it hasn’t translated to as much of a financial boost as say a star from Korea or Japan etc would have done. Egypt isn’t a strong economy and counterfeit stuff is prevalent

Basically the Yanks are setting up the plot to sell Mo next year through character assassination. It’s old tactics now - next will be Virgil. The club that has the highest gross revenue in UK made a transfer profit when the rivals are spending over 100mn/window and this is time & again happening. Add to that, they’ll strip the squad to bare minimum to reduce the wage cost.

I’m afraid, Klopp will leave in a year or two and we’ll get Steve G as Manager to keep us in mid table with value for money buys.

I hope your wrong, but I doubt it.

Got rid of a very good wijnaldum and never even got a replacement.

Their not gonna invest money hence why they were one of the biggest proponent of the European super league.

They need to be ousted ASAP

American owners of British clubs will never understand the love fans have for their clubs here. Their priorities are in other businesses they have, Football is just a side show for them. I hope the next owners of Liverpool are not American's but British or some filthy rich Arab consortium who takeover. FSG are always gonna be penny pinching with their tight fistedness and a "sell before you buy" policy. We just need to compare our net spending to other top clubs in the EPL yet these guy's still keep trying to convince us that we are doing okay.

It is thanks to Jurgen that we are doing well. By the way Steven Gerard should never be Liverpool's next manager on the basis of winning a cheap Scottish title with Rangers in an incredibly poor league.

‘It’s win-win’ – Liverpool backed to accept ‘silly offer’ for Mo Salah

Liverpool will likely be tempted by a “silly offer” for Mohamed Salah after Glen Johnson claimed the decision will be entirely data-driven.The Egyptian forward is arguably the world’s best player on current form. He has bagged 15 goals in 15 appearances in red so far this season. Proving he is far more than just a finisher, Salah has also provided six assists for his teammates.

The thought of Salah leaving Liverpool is an unpalatable one for Reds fans. However, the longer his contract situation drags on, the more their fears will rise.

Salah’s current deal expires in the summer of 2023. Time is therefore still on Liverpool’s side to find a breakthrough and Salah’s recent revelation that he wishes to end his career at Anfield will settle their nerves.

Nonetheless, football is a money-driven business. And speaking to the Liverpool Echo, former Reds right-back Glen Johnson claims owners FSG would be seriously tempted by a “silly offer” for Salah.

Barcelona and Real Madrid had previously been linked before the pandemic hit their finances hard. That will likely spare John W. Henry and co from having to make a difficult decision. But if a huge offer arrives, Johnson thinks Salah could be sold.“We know when Liverpool renew players and when they sign players, it’s all about numbers and stats,” said Johnson. “They’ll only do it if their computer says so.

“They have got the new deal coming along, he will demand big wages and he is getting older. If they get offered a silly amount of money transfer fee wise, it might be tempting, but you just don’t know. We just have to see what the deal that is offered is when it comes.

“I’m sure Liverpool will be thinking, ‘great, if it’s at all costs then make us a silly offer. If not, we keep Mo Salah’. It’s win-win.

“Timing is everything. Barcelona of old, of course that gets everyone’s attention. But they’re not that team at the moment, they’re not that club at the moment.

“In terms of timing, if you’re a 23-year-old then of course because you can be a Barcelona legend for the next two years.

“But with Mo being slightly older, to go to Barcelona for two years, what’s the point? You could stay at Liverpool for two or three more years and be a legend. I think his ears would be *****ed a lot more if he was 23 than he would now.”“Phenomena” reason why Liverpool didn’t see Solanke’s best

Meanwhile, Free-scoring Bournemouth striker Dominic Solanke has put his finger on precisely why his Liverpool career never got off the ground.

Solanke, 24, was thought to be a smart pick-up when Liverpool snatched him from Chelsea in 2017. Because of his age, the fee Liverpool paid was determined by a tribunal. The Reds believed the figure should have been around £3m, while Chelsea sought over triple that at £10m.

That was an indication of the high regard in which Solanke was held at Stamford Bridge. Now, speaking to Goal (via the Liverpool Echo), Solanke has lifted the lid on his move between the two giants. In doing so, he explained why his Liverpool career failed to ignite.

“Nothing’s a given in football and the front three when I was there were just phenomenal,” said Solanke.

“I don’t think anyone would have got in ahead of them [Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino].

“I wasn’t as prolific as I am now, so that played a part as well, but it was always going to be difficult to break into a top team with quality players like that.”

Via : https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foo...y-offer-for-mo-salah/ar-AAQU3ja?ocid=msedgntp

Mohamed Salah: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp optimistic forward will sign new deal

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is optimistic forward Mohamed Salah will sign a new contract at the club.

The Egypt international is enjoying a superb season and is the Premier League's top scorer with 13 goals.

Salah, 29, joined the Reds in 2017 and his current deal expires in 18 months.

"We're talking - and extending the contract for a player like Mo is not one where you meet for a cup of tea and find an agreement in the afternoon," said Klopp.

He added: "Mo is fine, I'm fine. What we all want is clear. Things like this take time.

"I think what we all want is clear things. It needs time, that is it."

Jurgen Klopp to rotate side for final Champions League group game at AC Milan

Liverpool face AC Milan in their final Champions League group game on Tuesday, with Klopp's side having already qualified for the knockout stage.

Salah has scored in each of Liverpool's past six away games in Europe but Klopp would not say whether the forward will start against the Italians.

"I cannot change all the line-up," he said. "We need players on the pitch so I can't rotate and start with nine, that's not possible.

"We will see if Mo plays or not and if he plays or scores or not, but the players are very understanding about the situation. We want to field the best possible side for the situation we are in."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59448089

Oh so he joined Liverpool only in 2017? I thought he had been there for some 7-8 years. He has achieved alot in those 4 years.

Last edited:
Oh so he joined Liverpool only in 2017? I thought he had been there for some 7-8 years. He has achieved alot in those 4 years.

If he remains at LFC for another 4/5 years he will end up as ATG Premier League player and make the All Time Liverpool XI, which for many he already has.

I think he will sign before the transfer window in Jan, as this will stop any rumours of him leaving to another club.

He deserves another contract of 4 yrs

That will close his career out at Liverpool and definetly hallmark him as Liverpool atg and club legened.
Also a premier league legend.

If liverpool let him go they will still have to spent big on a worthy replacement who scores so many goals.

That is a huge demand from Salah, but Liverpool obviously don’t want to lose the guy because he is arguably the best player in the world at the moment. (forget about the compromised “Ballon D’or”.)

Best way to convince him to stay would be to win both the Premier League and the Champions League this season. Which Liverpool can certainly do with their squad in the current sort of form and being led by this manager.

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool are having "really good conversations" with Mohamed Salah over extending his contract.

Salah, who has 18 months left on his deal, told Sky Sports in October that he never wants to leave Anfield, but that his future is dependent on the club.

Liverpool have tied down a number of senior players to new deals this season, but fans are still waiting for their star forward to put pen to paper on a new contract.

Manager Klopp, though, is not worried about the pace of negotiations.

"We are in really good conversations," Klopp told Sky Sports News.

Speaking ahead the 5-0 thrashing of Manchester United at Old Trafford, Salah told Sky Sports: "If you ask me, I would love to stay until the last day of my football career, but I can't say much about that - it's not in my hands.

"It depends on what the club want, not on me.

"At the moment I can't see myself ever playing against Liverpool. That would make me sad. It's hard, I don't want to talk about it, but it would make me really sad.

"At the moment I don't see myself playing against Liverpool but let's see what will happen in the future."

"I want it to happen, but when? I couldn't care less."

SKY

Salah will sign an extension sooner or later. In the likes of Coutinho and Wijnaldum he has two examples how the grass is mostly not greener on the other side. It is only downhill after a player leaves Anfield:19:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/mohamed-salah-agreement-made-as-liverpool-seek-transfer-influence/ar-AASaaK6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

It feels as though Liverpool's season could hinge on what happens in the coming weeks.

Not only do they have a stacked calendar and matches to play in three different competitions, the Africa Cup of Nations and the subsequent loss of some key players loom large.

Negotiating this spell without Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Naby Keita will be a massive challenge for manager Jurgen Klopp and he'll be keen for the team to bank maximum points in the coming games against two tricky opponents as a result.

It's a trip to Leicester City next for the Reds in the Premier League on Tuesday and Mirror Sport has your latest Liverpool headlines before that encounter.

Liverpool have reached an agreement with the Egyptian Football Association that will see Salah join up with the team for AFCON after the showdown with Chelsea on January 2.

The Reds travel to Stamford Bridge for what could be a crucial game in the title race, with Chelsea's win over Aston Villa on Sunday putting them level with the Merseyside outfit.

There were fears among Liverpudlians that Salah might miss the game due to his international commitments, although it now appears the match in the capital will be the forward's last one before he heads to Cameroon for the competition.

"It remains to be seen whether Mane and Keita will be afforded the same luxury by the Senegalese and Guinean footballing authorities respectively," continued David Lynch's report.

Former Liverpool defender Stephen Warnock is completely confident that Salah will sign a new contract with the club.

The Egyptian is widely regarded as the finest player on the planet at the moment and has cemented his status as an Anfield legend. However, Salah's deal will run out at the end of the 2022-23 campaign.

While it would be understandable for those associated with Liverpool to have some concerns about the 29-year-old's position, Warnock is confident an extension will be sorted.

"From Liverpool's point of view, the contract doesn’t just come down to what he’s producing on the pitch, you have to think of what he brings in revenue-wise," said the former left-back.

"People come to Anfield to watch him, he sells shirts around the world, he’s a global icon. That plays a part and I think Liverpool know there’s that side of it as well. I don’t think there’s any doubt that he will sign a new contract."

Liverpool are said to be hopeful Salah's influence can help the club beat Arsenal to the signing of Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty.

The youngster has had a trial with the Reds and has been seen with Salah. While the Gunners are building an exciting young team at the Emirates Stadium, Liverpool will be hoping the best player on the planet can be persuasive in getting the Canadian to come to Anfield.

Marshall-Rutty enjoyed a breakthrough 2021 with Toronto FC in Major League Soccer, with the 17-year-old making 11 appearances last term.

Happy to have him v Chelsea, will be needed.

Im looking forward to watching the AFCON. All 52 matches will be shown live on Sky Sports :salah

Mo Salah has been told to delay his contract negotiations with Liverpool after Manchester United reportedly made a mammoth offer to Paul Pogba in their attempts to tie down the Frenchman.

Pogba is out of contract at Old Trafford at the end of the season, but has so far been stalling on extending his stay in Manchester, with PSG, Real Madrid and Juventus all interested in signing him.

The Red Devils have offered the midfielder a series of improved contract offers, which Pogba has so far failed to sign, with the France international having frequently hinted at a desire to leave.

United are doing all they can to keep their club-record signing at Old Trafford though, with the Premier League giants having paid £90million for him in the summer of 2016.

Mohamed Salah says he is "not asking for crazy stuff" in contract talks, as he reiterated that it is up to Liverpool to decide his future.

Salah, whose deal at Anfield runs out in the summer of 2023, has publicly stated on multiple occasions that he wants to stay at Liverpool.

Recommended
4/5
Australia vs England | Sky Sports Live Cricket
'His biggest win' - Djokovic family say 'justice done' LIVE!
A Bespoke Toronto Mansion With Room for a Fleet of Cars
NFL Sunday recap: San Francisco 49ers beat Los Angeles Rams in overtime after Jacksonville Jaguars stun Indianapolis Colts
Your 2022 Future - Pick Your Card
Australia vs England | Sky Sports Live Cricket
'His biggest win' - Djokovic family say 'justice done' LIVE!
NFL Sunday recap: San Francisco 49ers beat Los Angeles
Rams in overtime after Jacksonville Jaguars stun...
Sponsored by m.blancheofsaintandre.com
READ MORE
Recommended by
But the two parties are yet to come to an agreement over new terms for the Premier League's top scorer, who is currently representing Egypt at the Africa Cup of Nations.

"I want to stay, but it's not in my hands. It's in their hands," Salah told GQ. "They know what I want. I'm not asking for crazy stuff."

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp told Sky Sports last month that the club are having "really good conversations" with Salah over a new deal.

But Salah gives the impression that there is still a hurdle to overcome in negotiations as he seeks reward for playing a leading role in Liverpool's Champions League and Premier League-winning campaigns.

He added: "The thing is, when you ask for something, and they show you they can give you something [they should] because they appreciate what you did for the club.

"I've been here for my fifth year now. I know the club very well. I love the fans. The fans love me. But with the administration, they have [been] told the situation. It's in their hands."

Sky Sports News reporter Vinny O'Connor, who covers the club closely, explains the situation…

First and foremost this is not just about money. Salah is still ambitious, with his hunger to win undiminished.

At some point, this is a Liverpool squad that will need refreshing. Roberto Firmino is now 30 years of age, Sadio Mane is 29, Jordan Henderson is 31, Thiago Alcantara is 30, Virgil van Dijk is 30, and Fabinho is 28.

Salah will want to see that there's a continued commitment from the club to add quality to what they have got, with the intention of maintaining Liverpool's ability to challenge for titles.

Salah is now an all-time Liverpool great as a Premier League and Champions League winner.

So, in terms of the wage he can command, his market value is as high as it has ever been.

He's been labelled as the best player in the world on current form, yet currently, he's reportedly the fifth highest-paid footballer globally.

He was the top earner at Liverpool until Van Dijk signed his new contract. Now the figures being talked about around a new deal are in the region of £300,000 a week.

Salah's current contract expires in 2023. It makes sense, at the age of 29, with this being potentially the biggest contract of his career, that he would want a deal that reflects his status in the game.

Salah wants to stay
At the same time, he wants to stay at Liverpool. He told Sky Sports in October he would like to spend the rest of his career at the club.

"If you ask me, I would love to stay until the last day of my football career, but I can't say much about that - it's not in my hands. It depends on what the club want, not on me," he said.

He has a strong relationship with Jurgen Klopp and he's settled in the Liverpool dressing room.

Even when linked with Barcelona, while flattered, he said he's happy at Liverpool and at the moment prefers to stay in the Premier League as it is the strongest league in the world.

But there was a broad hint in that Sky Sports interview he needs to feel the love from the Liverpool hierarchy and he followed that up in an interview with Egypt's MBC Masr.

Salah reiterated while he wants to extend his Anfield contract, Liverpool's owners have an issue to solve.

"Your financial value shows how much the club appreciates you and that they are ready to do anything for you to stay," he said.

When Jurgen Klopp was asked about this he responded: "Extending a contract with a player like Mo is not something where you meet for a cup of tea and find an agreement. That's completely normal.

"Mo is fine, I am fine. What we all want is clear and things like this need time."

There is goodwill on both sides to reach an agreement on a new contract.

Ideally, Liverpool would like to get this done before it gets to the stage where Salah goes into the final year of his current deal without securing his future beyond that.

From the club's perspective, they need to find the magic figure that confirms Salah's status among the elite of world football, while being mindful of their wage structure and not upsetting that.

They are also operating in a transfer market where the financial clout of Real Madrid and Barcelona has been drastically reduced, which in turn, reduces the chances of pushing up a potential transfer fee as high as possible if it looks as though an agreement is not going to be reached.

At the same time, with Salah's contract running down, there is potential in the future for clubs to better the wage offer coming from Liverpool if it gets to the stage where he's likely to be available on a free transfer.

Michael Edwards has got so much right in his time as the club's sporting director, especially when it comes to tough negotiations.

Before he leaves in the summer, securing Salah's long-term future at the club could be his biggest success of his time at Anfield.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ing-for-crazy-stuff-as-contract-talks-drag-on

Is it even financially viable to be chucking 500k/week contracts around these days? I get that he's one of the elite players, but eventually you end up having to pay other players in your squad probably more than they are worth just to keep some sort of wage structure balance, and it's the slippery slope to financial difficulties if the trophies dry up.

Just look at Barcelona and some of the Italian clubs who are now having to rein in their spending after losing fortunes.

No chance that Salah goes to Barcelona, they can barely even afford their current wage bill and his arrival would add on hundreds of thousands of Euros per week.

It has just taken Barca a fortnight to register Ferran Torres on their books because they have had to fiddle around finances elsewhere to even prove that they can pay his salary. They took out an extra bank loan to pay the transfer fee as well.

Salah I think will remain at Liverpool, his agents are just trying to negotiate him the best deal to stay which from his perspective is fair enough.

Mohamed Salah: Jurgen Klopp 'very positive' on new deal negotiations with star striker

Manager Jurgen Klopp says he is "very positive" about the prospect of Mohamed Salah extending his Liverpool contract beyond the end of next season.

Salah, 29, says his future is in Liverpool's hands and that he is not asking for "crazy things" amid reports he wants £300,000-a-week wages.

"I know that Mo wants to stay. We want Mo to stay. That's where we are. It takes time," said Klopp.

"I think it's in a good place. The fans are not as nervous as [the media] are."

Klopp added: "I'm very positive about it. It's nothing to worry about; it's a normal process."

Salah has scored 148 goals in 229 games for Liverpool since signing from Roma in summer 2017.

His streak of goal-scoring form helped Liverpool win a sixth European title in 2019 and end a 30-year wait for the domestic league title the following season.

He signed a five-year deal on improved terms in 2018 after a stellar debut campaign in which he won the Premier League's top-scorer award with 32 goals.

"The thing is, when you ask for something and they show you they can give you something, [they should] because they appreciate what you did for the club," Salah added in an interview with GQ magazine.

Klopp suggested that Salah's agent added another dimension to discussions.

"There are so many things in negotiations," he added. "It's a third party too, with the agent."

Salah's representative Ramy Abbas Issa attracted attention on social media in August when he tweeted "I hope they are watching", apparently in relation to Salah's man-of-the-match performance in Liverpool's opening weekend win over Norwich.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59970208

Is it even financially viable to be chucking 500k/week contracts around these days? I get that he's one of the elite players, but eventually you end up having to pay other players in your squad probably more than they are worth just to keep some sort of wage structure balance, and it's the slippery slope to financial difficulties if the trophies dry up.

Just look at Barcelona and some of the Italian clubs who are now having to rein in their spending after losing fortunes.

Salah never looked for 500k, it would silly of him because there is no chance LFC would pay double of anyone else. Some clubs can still afford this ie Man Utd Ronaldo contract. Barca just took out too much debt and Covid ruined them.

Salah is looking for around 300k, which is less than KDB, a bargain for LFC.

I think the deal is done , they are just sorting the fine print out.

This could get interesting if another club comes in and offers Salah more money than Liverpool.

I know he wants to stay at LFC but I wonder if he could get tempted to move away.

This could get interesting if another club comes in and offers Salah more money than Liverpool.

I know he wants to stay at LFC but I wonder if he could get tempted to move away.

Liverpool better be quick.
If Mbappe goes to Real Madrid as expected. Salah would be a natural replacement for Mbappe at PSG.

It would make things interesting. Imo if this happens, the contract will be signed very quick.

From what I know, Salah loves LFC, he loves living in the UK, playing for Klopp.

Another 4 years of Salah at LFC will mean another major trophy for sure. His statue will be placed outside Anfield making him a legend who would walk into the All time LFC XI

Liverpool are reportedly not prepared to meet Mohamed Salah's salary demands, leaving the door open for an Anfield exit.

Egypt international Salah is in the final 18 months of his current contract, worth more than £200,000 a week, and is yet to sign an extension at Liverpool.

Salah has been locked in talks with Liverpool for some time with the Reds keen to keep hold of the Premier League's top marksman.

And according to The Telegraph, the stand-off could continue for some time with Liverpool currently unprepared to meet Salah's salary demands, whatever they may be.

Jurgen Klopp has provided little by way of an explanation for what is going on behind the scenes at Anfield.

Liverpool have not publically challenged Salah over his demands nor responded directly to his comments that his salary request is reasonable.

But they are yet to meet them, suggesting Salah's time at Anfield may be coming to an end.

Salah recently spoke out about his contract stand-off with Liverpool, claiming he's not "asking for crazy stuff".

DAILY MIRROR

Liverpool are correct to be taking a tough stance with Salah if his wage demands are on the verge of becoming a bit greedy. No one player is bigger than any football club, and no club should allow itself to be held to ransom by a single player being represented & influenced by an army of sports agents who are all chasing the largest possible cut for themselves.

Salah is a star player

Absolute madness if the board let him go.

I probably think klopp will leave in the very near future , the yanks can never back him like the owners at Chelsea and Manchester City do , hence why Liverpool will fall short .

There are rumours that the owners have refused Salah's terms. Yesterdays draw at home to Arsenal proves how average we are without Salah and Mane. It will be nothing short of tragic if we sell Salah.

Liverpool are reportedly not prepared to meet Mohamed Salah's salary demands, leaving the door open for an Anfield exit.

Egypt international Salah is in the final 18 months of his current contract, worth more than £200,000 a week, and is yet to sign an extension at Liverpool.

Salah has been locked in talks with Liverpool for some time with the Reds keen to keep hold of the Premier League's top marksman.

And according to The Telegraph, the stand-off could continue for some time with Liverpool currently unprepared to meet Salah's salary demands, whatever they may be.

Jurgen Klopp has provided little by way of an explanation for what is going on behind the scenes at Anfield.

Liverpool have not publically challenged Salah over his demands nor responded directly to his comments that his salary request is reasonable.

But they are yet to meet them, suggesting Salah's time at Anfield may be coming to an end.

Salah recently spoke out about his contract stand-off with Liverpool, claiming he's not "asking for crazy stuff".

DAILY MIRROR

Disaster for LFC - as we saw in the Carabao Cup game vs AFC - that team needs Salah.

Disaster for LFC - as we saw in the Carabao Cup game vs AFC - that team needs Salah.

Yes theyre a much better team with him in it but looks like they wont be held ransom to paying out an extortionate salary no matter who it is

Yes theyre a much better team with him in it but looks like they wont be held ransom to paying out an extortionate salary no matter who it is

It will be Liverpool’s loss tho.

They aren’t city that they can lose their best player and have literally negligible impact on outcome like in case of De Bruyne last season.

UK tabloids are always sensational , need to sell papers.

The negotiations are on-going. I still feel confident a deal will be done for Salah to stay.

The problem for Salah is that no one is going to pay the 1/2m a week because it would smash any wage structures they have. Liverpool know that would cost millions in higher wages for the likes of Van Dyke, Mane and others. Salah would be better off looking for around the 350 mark

<b>Mohamed Salah agent gives game away with 'reaction' to comments from Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp</b>

Mohamed Salah's agent has set tongues wagging about his client's Liverpool future following his apparent response to the latest comments from Jurgen Klopp.

It took Ramy Abbas Issa little more than an hour to seemingly react to Jurgen Klopp’s latest claims about Mohamed Salah’s contract negotiations at Liverpool.

The German had been asked about the Egyptian’s contract negotiations in his latest press conference, and while confirming an agreement was no closer to being reached, he put the ball in Salah ’s court, insisting the club have done all they can.

"Mo definitely expects this club to be ambitious," Klopp told reporters. "We were in the last few years and we are.

"We cannot do much more, that's how it is. But I don't think it's about that. It's Mo's decision pretty much. The club did what the club can do. That's how it is.

"Nothing bad to say about it. It's fine from my point of view. It's exactly like it should be in this moment in time. Everything is set. Nothing happened further, no signing, no rejection or whatever.

"We just have to wait for that. It's completely fine. No rush in that situation."

It was a change of tone from Klopp. While not panicking about the 29-year-old’s future, it was arguably a step back from previous confidence that Salah would inevitably be staying at Anfield.

With over a year to go on his contract, there is still plenty of time for a breakthrough in negotiations, of course. But having seen Emre Can and Gini Wijnaldum both depart on free transfers after a year of side-stepping new contract questions, Reds onlookers will understandably be increasingly anxious following Klopp’s latest admissions.

And if they hadn’t been enough to shake faith in Salah’s future, his agent’s apparent response on Twitter certainly did.

Without saying a word, Issa’s churlish post of seven laughing emojis hinted that all is not going his way behind the negotiating table as the summer of 2023 begins to loom.

Salah’s agent has courted controversy before on social media as his client’s star has continued to rise in recent years, and, in truth, it would have been a surprise if he hadn’t taken to Twitter after Klopp’s contract comments.

The longer all the talk of a new contract goes on, the more likely it seems that Salah will leave.

I'm sure the likes of PSG are watching what's happening very closely.

Mo Salah rejects Liverpool contract offer as star's preferences become clear

Mo Salah has reportedly turn downed Liverpool’s latest contract offer and is awaiting a better deal in order to commit his future to the club.

The Egyptian’s current contract runs until the summer of 2023 but Liverpool are desperate to tie their talisman down to a new long-term deal as soon as possible to fend off interest from European suitors.

However, The Guardian claims Liverpool’s latest offer in December was knocked back by Salah and his team and talks have since broken down.

Salah’s intention remains to stay on Merseyside but he feels he deserves better terms than what he’s currently being offered.

Jurgen Klopp recently downplayed any suggestions of problems surrounding the attacker’s future but Salah’s agent seems to have another view.

On Friday, Salah’s agent Ramy Abbas Issa posted seven laughing emojis on Twitter in apparent response to Klopp’s press conference comments.

‘I think Mo definitely expects this club to be ambitious and we are. It’s Mo’s decision,’ Klopp said.

‘The club did what it can do. It is all fine. All fine from my point of view. Nothing has happened further, no signing, no rejection, we just have to wait. Completely fine, no rush.’Salah has previously gone public with his desire to stay at Liverpool, the club he’s helped to win the Champions League and Premier League since joining from Roma in 2017.

However, The Guardian claim that should he fail to agree a new deal he would be open to joining a Premier League rival.

Speaking earlier this month, Jamie Carragher urged Liverpool and the 29-year-old to reach an agreement in the interest of both parties.

‘You’d say every club would love to have Mo Salah but paying someone or taking someone at the age of 32 and giving them a massive contract… when a lot of these teams have maybe got (Kylian) Mbappe, they’ve got (Erling) Haaland), they’ve got the younger generation coming through,’ he said.

‘I think it’d be mad for Liverpool to let him go but I think it would be mad for Mo Salah to leave Liverpool because I think this club and Jurgen Klopp have been great for him as well.’

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/tra...erences-become-clear/ar-AAUXdCl?ocid=msedgntp

I would pay Salah whatever he wants such has been his impact at Anfield. In today's Football like it or not player power is everything. Letting him go would mean going out and buying a replacement that would cost us near £100 million. If JK lets him go it can only mean that a replacement in the form of Mpabbe or Haaland has been lined up. Would like to know what the turned down offer was so fans can make up their mind if it was sufficient or is Salah being greedy.

If Salah loves Liverpool like he claims to then he may have to lower his demands or come to a realistic compromise. I feel like Can, Coutinho, Wijnaldum among others he may live to regret leaving if he does that. Paying him the £500,000 weekly will also affect our summer transfer activity. It also greatly depends who we sell in the summer.

Last edited:
Salah is a great player, possibly the best in the world at the moment, but if he really wants to leave and is getting to the point where he is messing Liverpool about, then cut ties with him and let him go. They will be able to get a massive windfall of cash and make a huge profit on his sale — surely his transfer fee would be valued at £125-150 million, or possibly even more. This constant rumour mill is becoming a distraction for the team, and no individual player no matter how brilliant can ever be bigger than a historic football club with a global profile.

I sense Salah is under pressure to play for either Barca or Real Madrid before he retires. It could be that his agent and even the Egyptian government are behind all these games he is playing by trying to play the victim here. He should tell Liverpool if he is leaving right now so that a replacement can be lined up right away. No matter what we offer him he'll turn it down it appears.

I sense Salah is under pressure to play for either Barca or Real Madrid before he retires. It could be that his agent and even the Egyptian government are behind all these games he is playing by trying to play the victim here. He should tell Liverpool if he is leaving right now so that a replacement can be lined up right away. No matter what we offer him he'll turn it down it appears.

Take a hard line from now on.
Player power is becoming too much in the modern era.

Salah will either then capitulate and stay, and fall back into line — or he will go.

Remember the two successive summers of speculation around Steven Gerrard to Chelsea. It got to the point where Gerrard was consistently and slyly pushing in every interview for the biggest contract possible with either Liverpool or with Chelsea, was playing games with all sides, and he was just taking the mickey out of the football club and the fans. Rafa Benitez and Rick Parry then unambiguously showed him the door and invited him to walk out, and suddenly he retracted his threats, signed a new contract the next day, and slithered back into his box permanently.

Take a hard line from now on.
Player power is becoming too much in the modern era.

Salah will either then capitulate and stay, and fall back into line — or he will go.

Remember the two successive summers of speculation around Steven Gerrard to Chelsea. It got to the point where Gerrard was consistently and slyly pushing in every interview for the biggest contract possible with either Liverpool or with Chelsea, was playing games with all sides, and he was just taking the mickey out of the football club and the fans. Rafa Benitez and Rick Parry then unambiguously showed him the door and invited him to walk out, and suddenly he retracted his threats, signed a new contract the next day, and slithered back into his box permanently.

Yes if Salah wants to leave them let him go. He will be who regrets it rotting away at Real Madrid or Barca. If we give him £500,000 weekly then Mane, Jota and others will be demanding the same. I completely trust JK to replace him with perhaps even two players for the money we should get for Salah.

We moved on without any problem when Torres and Suarez left and will do so without Salah too. LFC and their fans will not be blackmailed by any player no matter how good he is. I am sure eventually the owners and gaffer will call his bluff giving him an ultimatum by telling him to sign a contract or leave.

It will be Salah's loss leaving a club that is going places.

<b>Mohamed Salah: Liverpool forward scores again - but what does his future hold?</b>

Another game, another goal. Mohamed Salah scored once again for Liverpool on Saturday, at the end of a week in which his uncertain future returned to the spotlight.

The Egypt forward, 29, struck his 20th Premier League goal of the season from the penalty spot as Liverpool kept up the pressure on title rivals Manchester City with a 2-0 win at Brighton.

On Friday, manager Jurgen Klopp said it was up to Salah, who has 153 goals in 238 appearances for the club, to decide whether he signs a new contract.

So, how does the future look for Salah and Liverpool?

Salah's current deal runs until the end of next season.

It has been reported that talks between player and club have broken down, and a new deal will only be possible if Liverpool offer improved terms.

Since joining from Italian club Roma in June 2017, Salah has helped the Reds win the Premier League, Champions League, League Cup, Fifa Club World Cup and Uefa Super Cup.

Klopp admitted on Friday that the club had done all it could to persuade the forward to stay, adding there was "no rush" over a deal and the situation was "completely fine" despite a lack of progress.

After Klopp's comments, Salah's agent Ramy Abbas Issa tweeted several laughter emojis, without adding further context.

Salah has previously said he wants to stay, but that his future is in Liverpool's hands and he is not asking for "crazy stuff".

How badly would Liverpool miss Salah?

Losing the two-time Premier League Golden Boot winner would be a huge blow for the club.

The Egyptian's second-half penalty at Amex Stadium saw him become the first Liverpool player to score 20 or more times in four different Premier League seasons.

Only former captain Steven Gerrard (212) has now been directly involved in more Premier League goals for Liverpool than Salah, who has 115 goals and 43 assists in the competition.

The January arrival of Colombia forward Luis Diaz, who scored his second goal for the club in Saturday's win, has bolstered Klopp's attacking options alongside the likes of Diogo Jota and Sadio Mane.

Jota and Mane have contributed 12 league goals each this season - the pair scoring 31 goals between them across all competitions.

By comparison, Salah has now scored 28 times in 35 games across all competitions in 2021-22 after delivering Liverpool's 2,000th Premier League goal at the Amex.

<b>'Salah must decide if he wants icon status - or money'</b>

Build-up to the match at Brighton was dominated by talk over Salah's future.

Speaking on BT Sport, former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand said it was down to Salah to decide what is more important to him.

"It's up to Mo Salah. What does he want? Does he want to be an absolute idol and icon at Liverpool forever and stay there, or is it about money? We'll find out at the end of this," Ferdinand said.

"For the Premier League's sake, I hope Liverpool can keep him."

Ex-Liverpool striker Peter Crouch said: "From Salah's point of view, he can say 'I should be the highest-paid player in the world'. He's been that good. There's no-one better than him in the Premier League at the moment.

"If they get held to ransom they're not going to break the pay structure for one player. If Liverpool get offered the right price they may have to look at it," Crouch added.

On BBC Radio 5 Live, former Stoke City manager Tony Pulis said he would be "very surprised" if Salah did not remain at Anfield, and added his team-mates would accept him being paid more "because of what he does".

Meanwhile, ex-Republic of Ireland midfielder Andy Reid said "clubs all over the world" will be "prepared to spend everything" to sign the former Chelsea player.

"Liverpool will need to break the bank for him," Reid added. "If they don't push those boundaries they will not be able to compete with their rivals. They have to be careful not to upset other players, but they have to be competitive as well."

<b>Where might Salah go if he leaves?</b>

There are a limited number of clubs who could afford to pay huge wages following the coronavirus pandemic, and European giants such as Barcelona are rumoured to be keen on signing Salah should the opportunity arise.

With France striker Kylian Mbappe admitting he is yet to make a decision on his future before the 23-year-old's contract expires this summer, French heavyweights Paris St-Germain could also be in the market for a new star forward.

It has also been said that Salah would be happy to stay in the Premier League with another club.

However, with Chelsea in chaos after the Premier League disqualified owner Roman Abramovich, it leaves perhaps only Manchester City and Manchester United as realistic options if Salah decided to remain in England.

But a move to either Manchester club would be unthinkable for many Liverpool supporters and tarnish his standing, regardless of his achievements at Anfield.

For now at least, Salah and Liverpool have their eyes firmly set on overhauling Manchester City at the top of the Premier League, as the Reds chase an unprecedented quadruple.

Klopp said "something was not right" with Salah as he was substituted because of injury against Brighton - though the forward suggested it was nothing serious. Liverpool travel to Arsenal next, on Wednesday.

On the title race, Klopp said: "You expect Manchester City to win every game when you watch them play.

"The only thing we can do is win as many football games as possible. We're ready. We don't need to call it a title race, we just want to win games."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60722135

The reality is that Salah is the best player in the league and has consistently delivered, he's entitled to ask for wages to reflect that

Although I also understand why Liverpool would be reluctant to pay that but something will have to give

If reports are to be believed then Salah wants £350,000 not £500,000 a week. This means he is not as greedy as initially many had thought. I guess he is not asking for anymore then the really top EPL players are earning at their clubs. If LFC can't afford that then we can forget about replacing Salah with a Mpabbe or Haaland who will want much more then what Salah is demanding. Unless JK plans to pull out another rabbit from the hat like signing a Suarez or Diaz then Salah has to be made to stay.

Last edited:
If reports are to be believed then Salah wants £350,000 not £500,000 a week. This means he is not as greedy as initially many had thought. I guess he is not asking for anymore then the really top EPL players are earning at their clubs. If LFC can't afford that then we can forget about replacing Salah with a Mpabbe or Haaland who will want much more then what Salah is demanding. Unless JK plans to pull out another rabbit from the hat like signing a Suarez or Diaz then Salah has to be made to stay.

Mbappe and Haaland are not even thinking about going to Liverpool. Don’t worry about them.

How do you know what they are thinking? Liverpool are linked with both.

It is obvious to everyone that Mbappe wants Madrid. There is no possibility of him going elsewhere.

Haaland’s preferred destination is Barcelona or Man City because of his father’s connection to the club.

Liverpooo might be “linked” but there are no legs behind these links, just tabloids putting two and two together because Liverpool might lose Salah and they will look to replace him with an elite forward.

Liverpool is a great club and has a great manager at the moment but it doesn’t have the same pull as Madrid and Barcelona as far as non-English players are concerned.

Liverpool fans should look elsewhere to replace Salah and not think about the two hottest young forwards in the world because it is not going to happen.

I mean both parties have to comprimise a bit to get to an agreement. However if both parties are dug in then it doesn’t look good at this stage.

However a lot will come down if Liverpool can win either the Premier league (that looked out of the question 2 months ago) or the champions league.

If that happens then I think both parties will want to make sure that their prized asset doesn’t leave or will want to go.

It is obvious to everyone that Mbappe wants Madrid. There is no possibility of him going elsewhere.

Haaland’s preferred destination is Barcelona or Man City because of his father’s connection to the club.

Liverpooo might be “linked” but there are no legs behind these links, just tabloids putting two and two together because Liverpool might lose Salah and they will look to replace him with an elite forward.

Liverpool is a great club and has a great manager at the moment but it doesn’t have the same pull as Madrid and Barcelona as far as non-English players are concerned.

Liverpool fans should look elsewhere to replace Salah and not think about the two hottest young forwards in the world because it is not going to happen.

The real reason is L'pool won't pay the stupid money other top clubs do hence the two players you mentioned will most likely not join us. Real and Barca are no longer the force they are where as Liverpool are a rising power again. If Salah were to depart then we will most likely replace him with another gem like Suarez or Diaz.

It is all about money moreover due to their Hispanic roots and inability to speak fluent English many such players prefer moving to Spain. There are many players who have chosen us over Real or Barca. Salah has made it known that even he would prefer to stay in England if he left Liverpool. The only problem here is that Man City or perhaps Chelsea are the only club who will probably want him. We won't sell to Man Utd even if they wanted him.

If Liverpool offered Haaland and Mbappe £1 million a week they would crawl to Anfield . We are a well run club and business now who won't sign greedy players if their heart is not in it.

Salah has shown consistency

He is in top form and physical shape there's no reason why he can't be at the level he is for another 4 years and go down as a club legend.

How liverpool are treating this situation is ridiculous you don't get rid of a world class player who is a proven goal scorer and bangs in 30 + goals every year in all competitions

Would liverpool currently be better of with salah ?

Answer is no , are there many players at salahs levels who can be bought for peanuts answer is no .

so the stance by these yanks is ridiculous they don't even have a replacement lined up who can even fill salahs shoes

Last edited:
I'd give him £350k p/w. Apparently Jadon Sancho is on the same amount for reference.

It still wouldn't be the highest salary in the league with De Gea, De Bruyne and Ronaldo earning more.

Indeed Salah deserves to be our top paid player. £350k a week is reasonable demand for me considering many lesser players at other clubs are getting more money. It would be wrong to say a replacement is not lined up if Salah left for such things are only known to the management. I want Salah to stay but trust JK if he decided to sell him.

We survived if not improved after the last generation of attacking players moved on like Coutinho, Sturridge Suarez and Sterling did ....we'll continue to do so with or without Salah too. He will regret leaving us if that is what he decides to do.

Last edited:
The real reason is L'pool won't pay the stupid money other top clubs do hence the two players you mentioned will most likely not join us. Real and Barca are no longer the force they are where as Liverpool are a rising power again. If Salah were to depart then we will most likely replace him with another gem like Suarez or Diaz.

It is all about money moreover due to their Hispanic roots and inability to speak fluent English many such players prefer moving to Spain. There are many players who have chosen us over Real or Barca. Salah has made it known that even he would prefer to stay in England if he left Liverpool. The only problem here is that Man City or perhaps Chelsea are the only club who will probably want him. We won't sell to Man Utd even if they wanted him.

If Liverpool offered Haaland and Mbappe £1 million a week they would crawl to Anfield . We are a well run club and business now who won't sign greedy players if their heart is not in it.

My dearest freshpot, Mbappe is a free agent.

My dearest freshpot, Mbappe is a free agent.

Do you know what your are on about sunshine!? I am talking about his salary too that will be nothing free! Currently he is on at least £500k a week. If he moves will demand a considerable increase that you obviously have no clue about. Liverpool are reluctant to pay Salah £350k a week never mind what Mpabbe may want.

Liverpool's Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 29, is not desperate to leave this summer and he could instead decide to leave for free next year when his contract ends. (Fabrizio Romano)

Reds boss Jurgen Klopp will not talk to Salah and his agent amid a stand-off over a new deal for the forward. (Mirror)

These days the problem is often the agents who want to fill their pockets. Salah should cut out the middle man by dealing with Liverpool himself. It will be much easier like it was in the old days before the blood sucking and greedy agents got involved.

Barcelona are reportedly preparing to make an offer to sign Mohamed Salah from Liverpool.

According to Spanish news outlet Fichajes, the La Liga club are willing to make an offer worth £58m to sign Salah in the summer.

However, the report adds that Liverpool would demand £84m in order to part ways with Salah before the start of next season.

Salah has been in contract talks with Liverpool for several months, although no deal over an extension has been reached just yet.

Juventus are preparing a huge financial package to lure 29-year-old Egypt forward Mohamed Salah from Liverpool to Turin. (La Gazzetta dello Sport)

The yanks need to go its obvious the club has outgrown them and they simply cannot invest money into the club and make those big name signings and keep the big stars

Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 29, is close to agreeing a new contract which will keep him at Liverpool until the end of his career. (Sunday Mirror)

Back