"My job is not to please others or just give in to what people want" : Mohammad Wasim

Credit to Nawaz, he bowled really well. But sorry that's not an answer. Nawaz still can't bat and our middle to lower order looks incredibly weak.

Imad makes the team purely as a batsman and his numbers prove it. Same for Haris who can't even be compared to a rookie like Saud.

I understand your point regarding Imad and Haris but I think you need to give Wasim a bit of leeway here.

I think Imad is a terrific player (thought he could play for us in tests at #7 in 2016) but he has not reached his potential for some reason. I'm not saying he is underperforming intentionally, rather maybe due to his low fitness levels he is unable to attain that level of performance. Hopefully, Imad takes this as a challenge and comes back stronger.

On the other hand, Haris is officially 32 years old with constant fitness issues. His last ODI was against Zimbabwe 71 (82) and before that in 2019. In the recent test matches, he looked like a genuine #11 which was very sad to see because he was a pleasure to watch. However, with a massive question over his form and fitness, can Pakistan really afford to hang on to Haris or move to someone younger like Saud?

It's best to experiment around and challenge the guys so they can form a formidable unit over the 2-year horizon.

Excellent selections from M Wasim paying off.

His vision of not selecting darters but proper spinners

Also selecting Fakhar Zaman instead of Abid Ali (Misbah backed Abid Ali in the last ODI series).

Credit to Nawaz, he bowled really well. But sorry that's not an answer. Nawaz still can't bat and our middle to lower order looks incredibly weak.

Imad makes the team purely as a batsman and his numbers prove it. Same for Haris who can't even be compared to a rookie like Saud.

Imad’s role was that of a bowling al rounder if I am not mistaken?

I understand your point regarding Imad and Haris but I think you need to give Wasim a bit of leeway here.

I think Imad is a terrific player (thought he could play for us in tests at #7 in 2016) but he has not reached his potential for some reason. I'm not saying he is underperforming intentionally, rather maybe due to his low fitness levels he is unable to attain that level of performance. Hopefully, Imad takes this as a challenge and comes back stronger.

On the other hand, Haris is officially 32 years old with constant fitness issues. His last ODI was against Zimbabwe 71 (82) and before that in 2019. In the recent test matches, he looked like a genuine #11 which was very sad to see because he was a pleasure to watch. However, with a massive question over his form and fitness, can Pakistan really afford to hang on to Haris or move to someone younger like Saud?

It's best to experiment around and challenge the guys so they can form a formidable unit over the 2-year horizon.

You said it right there bud the key word i've been shouting for ages "experiment", if guys fail they fail but we must experiment with new faces.

In regards to Haris we must ignore his test shortcomings in NZ as that's what we shouldn't judge his ODI performances on and him being included/dropped has been a mystery to me given his good performances and not to forget in this past Pakistan Cup he averaged 50 plus with a century to his name. Although I support M. Wasim's selections and think majority have been good but the omission of Haris was a harsh one. Biggest question to me was why he was rested or dropped during the Zimbabwe ODI series he played a great knock of 71 (82).

I've said it before that Imad has a bit of a lazy mentality and the dropping is probably a good thing to shape him into gear.

You said it right there bud the key word i've been shouting for ages "experiment", if guys fail they fail but we must experiment with new faces.

In regards to Haris we must ignore his test shortcomings in NZ as that's what we shouldn't judge his ODI performances on and him being included/dropped has been a mystery to me given his good performances and not to forget in this past Pakistan Cup he averaged 50 plus with a century to his name. Although I support M. Wasim's selections and think majority have been good but the omission of Haris was a harsh one. Biggest question to me was why he was rested or dropped during the Zimbabwe ODI series he played a great knock of 71 (82).

I've said it before that Imad has a bit of a lazy mentality and the dropping is probably a good thing to shape him into gear.

I was not aware that he had a good Pakistan Cup. However, there are still questions regarding his fitness levels. Remember, he didn't go to England last year due to his knee which has consistently caused him problems. Haris is a terrific batsman when is in form and can be great in India, but if he cannot improve his fitness, he may not be playing 2 years down the road. Haris should take a couple of months off from competitive cricket and solely focus on fitness. It could really help prolong his career and ensure that he plays the 23' WC.

If fitness issues continue, it may seem harsh to drop Haris, but Saud is much younger and fitter. Based on his domestic performances, Saud should be playing or at least be in the squad.

Last edited:
I was not aware that he had a good Pakistan Cup. However, there are still questions regarding his fitness levels. Remember, he didn't go to England last year due to his knee which has consistently caused him problems. Haris is a terrific batsman when is in form and can be great in India, but if he cannot improve his fitness, he may not be playing 2 years down the road. Haris should take a couple of months off from competitive cricket and solely focus on fitness. It could really help prolong his career and ensure that he plays the 23' WC.

If fitness issues continue, it may seem harsh to drop Haris, but Saud is much younger and fitter. Based on his domestic performances, Saud should be playing or at least be in the squad.

I mean with that last ODI series against Zimbabwe somebody has to explain why he was dropped after performing in the 1st ODI. Injury? Wanted to try something new?

To correct you bhai he didn't go to England for personal reasons due to fear of Covid and his family not allowing him to travel.

I would be excited about having Saud in the team as middle order batsman or could we re-try with Hammad Azam/Sohaib Moqsood or toss a cap to Abdullah who i feel needs to be trialed (can't just keep warming a bench).

I think with the competition getting more and more intense in the ODI squad, it could be tough for him to make a comeback but never say never.

Haris Sohail drop turned out to be a big mistake ever since Saud got injured and Asif got selected.

If it was

4. Saud
5. haider ali
6. Rizwan

Would have been a different story.

Would like to know why Haider ali was not played in this series. Was he injured or tested positive for COVID.

Haris Sohail drop turned out to be a big mistake ever since Saud got injured and Asif got selected.

If it was

4. Saud
5. haider ali
6. Rizwan

Would have been a different story.

Would like to know why Haider ali was not played in this series. Was he injured or tested positive for COVID.

Haider wasn't playing due to tooth ache.

I mean the big questions for me surrounding Haris Sohail are why he didn't play the Shaheen's game in NZ? Why did he only bat in the first game against Zimbabwe in the ODI series and lastly why did he only participate in only 4 games in the Pakistan Cup?

He was on TV the other day with Akhtar and Latif.

Apart from questioning the exclusion of Masood, they raised some valid points but Wasim failed to provide any valid justifications.

He kept denying his own statements that he has made in the media in the recent past and was also side-stepping questions.

Akhtar was a big disappointment. He has been a vocal critic of his selections but couldn’t barely open his mouth in his presence.

He looked flustered and it isn’t the first time he has failed to walk the talk and crumbled under pressure.

He missed the opportunity to ask Wasim the tough questions that he has been asking on his YouTube channel and on Dr. Nauman’s show in recent weeks.

As far as Wasim is concerned, it doesn’t look he will be in the job for long.

Was hoping someone would pick this up. Most of MW’s ‘arguments’ were palpably petty and where he tried indulging in anything remotely logical it ended up sounding like buffoonery of the highest order.

For anyone still looking to impart saving graces / benefit of the doubt, this interview helped dispel that notion. His reasons for keeping people in or out of the team are the same as they have been at PCB from time immemorial.

No comments on Akhtar. Man-child should never get airtime in the first place.

So far so good.His exclusion of imad was a very brave decision and even i disagreed with it but credit to him and nawaz for proving all of us wrong till now

However, let me ask you brother would you agree or disagree completely with his inclusions/exclusions?

Imad Wasim he explained that he's not effective enough in those middle overs and despite having a good economy rate needs to be taking wickets, i can agree with this to an extent but yes you can argue it was a harsh drop. However, Imad didn't help himself either by taking a back seat during the PSL with not bowling
as much and coming way too late in the batting similar to what Sarfraz did when he took the captaincy. In the Lahore game which Karachi lost, he didn't bowl a single over you explain to me the logic behind this?

Haris Sohail had a very good domestic tournament (List A) and has good ODI stats yes he was a very harsh exclusion, but i was curious in seeing Saud Shakeel or maybe even Kamran Ghulam for the ODIs. Can't really come up with an explanation for his dropping other than fitness which is the main reason.

Not sure I agreed with his mentality of ‘players need to be able to play in all possible situations’. This is OK to an extent when it comes to being adaptable / flexible, however, players do have some sort of roles in the team. Barring 2-4 gun players who can slot in to various positions, most players have a set role.

Had Haris not regressed overall (primarily red ball) he could still have been a selection for ODIs. Hard to see him being an asset on the field. However, on current ability / form he does walk in (purely white ball) given what the contenders have to offer. Having said that, still a greater chance of Hafeez making it to CWC23 given their relative fitness.

PAK could have played a middle order comprising of Azam, Sohail and Hafeez post CWC19 for a bit. All of this precedes Rizwan though, who at any rate is best served opening the batting in my opinion. Now we need to pray that Saud is half as good as he’s made out to be and can take 4/5. Hafeez needs to return though.

Not sure I agreed with his mentality of ‘players need to be able to play in all possible situations’. This is OK to an extent when it comes to being adaptable / flexible, however, players do have some sort of roles in the team. Barring 2-4 gun players who can slot in to various positions, most players have a set role.

Yep agreed bro, just feel Pakistan is heading towards the right direction in all 3 formats and partly I say it is due to good selection.

Mohd Wasim as the CS has the mandate to implement his vision and choose the squad of 16-20 that he deems fit after consulting the coach, captain but the final decision is his. If he has to agree to everything the captain and coach want then his position is a complete waste, might as well appoint the captain and coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mohd Wasim as the CS has the mandate to implement his vision and choose the squad of 16-20 that he deems fit after consulting the coach, captain but the final decision is his. If he has to agree to everything the captain and coach want then his position is a complete waste, might as well appoint the captain and coach.

It's a sad pity that some posters have chosen to **** on an individual under whose watch we have won two series on the trott because of a deeply badniyat attention seeker who has a horrendous moral compas with no loyalty to any cause other than his five minutes of fame.

Add to boot, do we see him on trips with the team? Unlike Inzi who toured with the team taking liberty.

Yep agreed bro, just feel Pakistan is heading towards the right direction in all 3 formats and partly I say it is due to good selection.

Hopefully.

But there is no baggage in including one person of 35+ in the LoIs. Given the majority of our mainstays in BA, MR, SSA, FZ/IuH are young enough to keep the ball rolling, the inclusion of one person won’t skew the dynamic.

4 out of 4 - it's been anything but convincing, however!

That middle order looks really bad, really means really really bad

What can we do????

We tried all the top performers of the National t20 Cup in Talat, Khushdil and chachu all of which failed. I'm not willing to bring back Malik because he'll be a big mistake as well.

Sohaib Moqsood and to an extent Khurram Manzoor possibly deserve a trial.

Got to give credit to M Wasim for bringing back Fakhar.

Misbah dropped him from abid Ali in ODI's but M Wasim made the right call and it paid dividends.

M Wasim might not be perfect, but he is walking the right path and with a few tweaks we will have a very decent World T20 squad by the end of the year.

Just need a few middle order batsmen.

Got to give credit to M Wasim for bringing back Fakhar.

Misbah dropped him from abid Ali in ODI's but M Wasim made the right call and it paid dividends.

M Wasim might not be perfect, but he is walking the right path and with a few tweaks we will have a very decent World T20 squad by the end of the year.

Just need a few middle order batsmen.

Yep, couldn't agree more.

I now wish that next week, management tell Shaheen to put his feet up and not lift a finger for the entire Zimbabwe tour.

What can we do????

We tried all the top performers of the National t20 Cup in Talat, Khushdil and chachu all of which failed. I'm not willing to bring back Malik because he'll be a big mistake as well.

Sohaib Moqsood and to an extent Khurram Manzoor possibly deserve a trial.

Could try Rohail Nazir and Talat(in ODIs only). Overlooking Imad's batting has not been good either.
Khurram is not suited for ODIs and t20is especially in the middle order. Haris Sohail can be brought back.

Younis Khan on players being selected for international level before they are ready:

"I always feel that a players selected for the national side should have played enough cricket (at the domestic level); These should be the best players that the country has and those who dont play at an average of 5 runs an over when 10 runs an over is the required rate, and also when 5 runs an over are needed they arent trying to play for a situation which demands 15 runs an over"

"This can only happen when they have played enough cricket before coming into the national side"

"So its important that we select players who are suited for particular roles and that they have played enough cricket before they are brought in"

Could try Rohail Nazir and Talat(in ODIs only). Overlooking Imad's batting has not been good either.
Khurram is not suited for ODIs and t20is especially in the middle order. Haris Sohail can be brought back.

Harris can make a come back but only if he's fit enough if you add saud in that middle order then it's actually quite strong in odis.i think imad should be given a chance at number 6 in t20s in odis it maybe a bit to High thou

Harris can make a come back but only if he's fit enough if you add saud in that middle order then it's actually quite strong in odis.i think imad should be given a chance at number 6 in t20s in odis it maybe a bit to High thou

Haris is definitely a lot fitter than Sharjeel whose return is the hot topic these days. During 2019wc, he showed he had added the finishing touch in his batting with some good acceleration towards the end while batting at no.5.

Imad averages 40 in FC and 37 in LA, and looks a lot more composed than majority of our middle order batters. If anything we have tried guys with batting averages in 20s in ODIs at no.6 and higher.

We tend to pigeon hole a guy at no.7 spot if he is an allrounder. Even if M Wasim's infatuation with Nawaz persists, Imad can still be given a chance at no.6 considering he has a good enough record in domestic cricket than many others to be considered an option.

Shoaib Malik on selection issues:

"Do select players based on PSL as that is a good tournament and there is a lot of exposure but at least see a player's performances in 2 editions of the tournament to see how consistent he is; Don't select players based on good performances in 1 bowling spell, or one innings"

"So, assume if you do select someone due to an exceptional performance in PSL, then give him more chances and not discard him after one bad performance and say, we selected him too early"

"If you are selecting a bowler from PSL who has bowled at 140kph, he only knows how to bowl 4 overs, he has no idea how to bowl in a 5th over and so one"

"Only when your domestic cricket is strong will you get a good product from it who can play at the international level"

I believe that's 5 out of 5 ha ha

Yes - so in terms of performance you cannot doubt him.

Players have fear that they might get dropped Keeping them on their toes, and thats a good thing.

M Wasim has made a few stupid selections in between but at least nobody now takes their place for granted, including the undroppable Yasir Shah or M Hafeez.

People need to understand the game that Mohammad Wasim and Misbah are playing here.

Wasim will select these domestic veterans who deserved debuts years ago into the team, and it will alleviate pressure from him if the squad is not performing because he "gave a depth of options".

Misbah on the other hand is still in charge of selecting the playing XI, and he will do just that yet will tell Babar to go out in the media and say that he decides the playing XI. That keeps pressure off of Misbah.

Wasim has made some good selections, but a few have been uncalled for. This same Haris Sohail who he claimed was unfit only a few days after being dropped hit a 100 in List A cricket as if he had not a care in the world.

My question to people is this: If Wasim is such a good chief selector, how has he not spotted Sohaib Maqsood yet?

Below are his stats in recent domestic tournaments:

National T20 Cup - 12 games, 393 runs, 32.75 average, 167.94 strike rate

Pakistan Cup - 10 games, 455 runs, 45.50 average, 128.16 strike rate.

In the Pakistan Cup, he had a 101 (58) and 130(79) and was the leading six hitter in the whole tournament despite playing less games than a few others on that list.

In the National T20 Cup, his strike rate speaks for itself, and he also had some good outings in the PSL before it was cut short.

We keep saying that we are looking for modern-day players, the reason Haris Sohail was removed was because Wasim wanted him to "operate at a higher strike rate". So when a guy like Sohaib Maqsood is doing just that, why aren't we selecting him?

People need to understand the game that Mohammad Wasim and Misbah are playing here.

Wasim will select these domestic veterans who deserved debuts years ago into the team, and it will alleviate pressure from him if the squad is not performing because he "gave a depth of options".

Misbah on the other hand is still in charge of selecting the playing XI, and he will do just that yet will tell Babar to go out in the media and say that he decides the playing XI. That keeps pressure off of Misbah.

Wasim has made some good selections, but a few have been uncalled for. This same Haris Sohail who he claimed was unfit only a few days after being dropped hit a 100 in List A cricket as if he had not a care in the world.

My question to people is this: If Wasim is such a good chief selector, how has he not spotted Sohaib Maqsood yet?

In the Pakistan Cup, he had a 101 (58) and 130(79) and was the leading six hitter in the whole tournament despite playing less games than a few others on that list.

In the National T20 Cup, his strike rate speaks for itself, and he also had some good outings in the PSL before it was cut short.

We keep saying that we are looking for modern-day players, the reason Haris Sohail was removed was because Wasim wanted him to "operate at a higher strike rate". So when a guy like Sohaib Maqsood is doing just that, why aren't we selecting him?

I reckon Moqsood is due selection and I would certainly pick him over Malik as well as this I’d like Manzoor at the top of the order.

Wasim said he has performed in top 3 we need 5 and 6 number batsman , same reason Agha Salman in tests over Kamran Ghulam however i believe Kamran Ghulam can also bat at 6 in tedts and bowl like Agha and even better.

Mohammad Wasim has indeed done a fine job so far.

2-0 vs SA Test
2-1 vs SA T20

2-1 vs SA ODI
3-1 vs SA T20

2-1 vs Zim T20
2-0 vs Zm Test

Can't fault the results. But the real test will come against better teams.

So Media reports say Pakistan squads for tour of England and West Indies being announced tomorrow by Mohammad Wasim - so is he likely to not please others with his selection?

Hmm. For England perhaps I can understand but certainly for west indies they can wait for psl to conclude.

Hmm. For England perhaps I can understand but certainly for west indies they can wait for psl to conclude.

Quite ridiculous really ..
Non performer like asif ali and shadab only chance to get in the team without really giving any audition .

So Media reports say Pakistan squads for tour of England and West Indies being announced tomorrow by Mohammad Wasim - so is he likely to not please others with his selection?

Yay yet another powerpoint masterclass. Hope he uses better font and colours.

"No one has the right to decide upon ending the career of any other player" : Mohammad Wasim

Mohammad Wasim speaking in a press conference after announcing T20I/ODI/Test squads:

Sharjeel Khan and Azam Khan selections

"Even when Sharjeel Khan was selected before, I indicated that we are trying to create a balance between skill and fitness; Obviously fitness is an important part but when we talk about T20 games, we talk about fitness for 20 overs and then there are batting skills and we need to balance this out"

"We have seen fitness improve for Sharjeel Khan and the same applies to Azam Khan also; We have set goals for fitness for him in the future too which he will hopefully achieve"

"He has to work on fitness but we feel that we are in need of a batsman of the ability that Azam Khan has"

Haris Sohail's selection, Saud Shakeel and Asif Ali

“Haris Sohail has reclaimed the required fitness standards. Middle-order is an area of concern, which is why we have made changes to strengthen that area"

“We selected Saud Shakeel for South Africa ODIs but he got injured at last moment, so he has also made his comeback. Asif Ali was only his replacement on that tour"

Imad Wasim's selection

"The scenario has changed when it comes to Imad Wasim's selection for the T20I squad; There is a good chance that the T20 World Cup will happen in UAE and Imad has performed outstandingly well, especially in bowling, in the UAE so looking at the future, we have brought back Imad and even his batting could give us the edge down the batting order; So its not the case that he was dropped without a reason before, and has been brought back in for no apparent reason"

Test side selection

"Our Test side looks well settled and only when there is a vacancy in it will we bring others in; You mentioned Usman Salahuddin and a few others but the fact is that we have players who have performed better who are still waiting for a chance in the playing XI - so players like Saud Shakeel are examples; We have a good idea of who are our number one preference is and who number 2 is and we have ranked them also in that way; You will see some of these players in the A tour but at the moment, not everyone can come into the Test team; The moment space is there, preference will be given to these performers"

PSL and selection decisions for upcoming tours and WT20

"Ideally, we should have used the PSL to select players but that's not happened due to circumstances that we all know about and the tours are upon us"

"You would have seen more consistency in our selection as less changes than compared to before"

"No team can be 100% ready before the World Cup and there will always be 1 or 2 slots up for grabs and those need to be reconsidered; This is our plan too and if we have some slots available then we will look at PSL performances and also pay attention to domestic cricket performances"

Shoaib Malik and Wahab Riaz

"No one has the right to decide upon ending the career of any other player; We need to see if there is space in our side for another player; Our bowling line-up is pretty much settled in T20s, and if we feel that there is a need for another bowler, we will definitely consider them; At the moment we have selected the best available players - no one is being ruled out; At the moment we have selected bigger options but we still have an eye on these 2"

Possible differences on selection

"We were on the same page before about selection, and we are the same now when it comes to our team management and selection committee"

Ahmed Shehzad

"Ahmed Shehzad or any other player who is not part of the high performance camp has not been included because their performances are not good; Shehzad has played some matches this season but his performance wasn't that good that he should have been considered for this camp; The next season is coming up and whether it is Ahmed Shehzad or another player, if they do well and make a good case for selection then they will be considered"

Last edited:
I totally disagree with him on fitness level thresholds for 20 over cricket. Clearly Wasim does not place any thresholds on fitness when he is looking to make selections. Azam Khan, Imad Wasim and Haris Sohail all of whom have been selected are known to have poor fitness levels. If fitness is not a criteria in selection then he should say as it is rather than saying fitness is different for each version of cricket and whatnot. Make it official that Pakistan cricket disregards fitness levels as a criteria in selecting its players and just get done with it.

On new selections. Let's start with Azam Khan most likely he is being bought in to replace Asif Ali or Haider Ali who just couldn't buy a run at 5/6 in the batting order. Personally I would have made Haider bat at 3 and move Fakhar down to 5 in T20s however as they are fixated on the idea that Fakhar should play at 3 then we do need a finisher. Azam Khan maybe worth a try but I'm not sold on this kid yet. Played PSL with clear backdoor connections and hasn't really dominated any international level bowling of any sort. He would crumble under international pressure and a different league of bowling. But hey its Pakistan cricket everyone deserves a go as its just national colors so good luck to Azam.

Naseem Shah and Haris Sohail. I have got no idea as to how these 2 managed to get themselves in international level fitness mould over the spring. Perhaps PCB was working very closely with them in the background to improve their fitness levels. But it shouldn't come as a surprise if when they show up to play for Pakistan, Haris is seen carrying bulging belly while Naseem would struggle to break 140k barrier. Given its Pakistan cricket this is more likely outcome.

Mohammad Abbas. This selection should only make sense if he is on plane to mentor young fast bowlers and not play for Pakistan. But hold up, do we have young fast bowlers need mentoring? We have got SSA, Hasan Ali, Haris Rauf and Dahani of which the only bowler need mentoring is Dahani. Another personal opinion here, Dahani shouldn't be part of test squad. Now given this is our squad Abbas is definitely going to play if they go for 3 pacers. The concept of forward planning is non-existent in Pakistan cricket. What's next Asad Shafique set to replace Saud Shakeel?

Overall, Muhammad Wasim is an extremely lucky person that the teams we are playing against in his tenure are either low ranked teams or we are playing at home which is why Pakistan would scrape with a win or draw in most cases but his thought process in selections is non-existent.

Pure mental gymnastics on imad. And he is still out of ODI squad

The selection of Azam Khan is an absolute joke. Mohammad Wasim's grandstanding selection policy continues.

I think azam Khan is a good selection and it was due to Khushdil,asif,iftikhar,Danish aziz not doing well.

Happy Birthday to him

Born on August 08, 1977, Rawalpindi, Punjab, Age = 45y

Selection of Nawaz over Imad Wasim proving to be a masterstroke. This guy is a quality chief selector unlike the inzis and misbah's :mw1

Selection of Nawaz over Imad Wasim proving to be a masterstroke. This guy is a quality chief selector unlike the inzis and misbah's :mw1

Imad and Malik will be back next month

They will replace Khushdil and Iftikhar

He may not be the most popular guy in Pakistan but credit where due - selections of Mohammad Haris and M Wasim Jr are good ones.

He may not be the most popular guy in Pakistan but credit where due - selections of Mohammad Haris and M Wasim Jr are good ones.

His test selections have been pretty poor. Expecting Nauman Ali and Agha Salman to sneak in the Eng test squad again.

May be these were not his choices?

I think Rameez is making final calls.

Cheap? Why get personal? Question his selections but why call him cheap Thats uncalled for

Technically I may not be getting personal or wrong

He was a cheap option for the PCB

Technically I may not be getting personal or wrong

He was a cheap option for the PCB

Judge him on his work is all im saying Any namecalling is just low remarks, totally uncalled for and unjustified

Judge him on his work is all im saying Any namecalling is just low remarks, totally uncalled for and unjustified

His work is pure rubbish

Terrible

Unjustifiable

Non existent

Illogical

Lacks vision

Lacks understanding of requirements

Reeks of favouritism

He is the worst selector we ever had, no one else would select the dead woods like Khushdil, Asif and an out of form and injured Fakhar . Imad is also out just due to his personal issues with him.

Can't blame Mohd Wasim, ever since Ramiz became chairman, Babar got all the authority to select the players he wanted without questions.

Mohd Wasim should have resigned for being a useless dummy since then.

If news leaking out from media sources in the last 12 months are to be believed, then Wasim is simply a puppet. The strings are in Babars hands.

To his credit, he did bring in domestic performers like Fawad Alam and Tabish Khan! But the results simply don't warrant his extension.

He was terrible. Had his favourites. Destroyed the careers of Yasir Shah, Haris Sohail, Imad Wasim, and Mohammad Abbas all just to satisfy his own ego.

M Wasim ....

nTaXRbQ.png

He was terrible. Had his favourites. Destroyed the careers of Yasir Shah, Haris Sohail, Imad Wasim, and Mohammad Abbas all just to satisfy his own ego.

Yep - another nalaiq tattu type selector.,Seriously lacked intelligence, sharpness and affirmation required for the job.
Acted like a typical all knowing mama ji type who thought who thought he knew it all.

He had a hbait of preferring his Northern players. The likes of Sajid Khan and Nouman getting test caps was just ridiculous

Yep - another nalaiq tattu type selector.,Seriously lacked intelligence, sharpness and affirmation required for the job.
Acted like a typical all knowing mama ji type who thought who thought he knew it all.

His pretty stellar domestic cricket coaching record would suggest otherwise. Infact he just won the Moin Khan Academy t20 ramzan cup with a very young team (Tareen academy) led by Hassan Khan.

Be careful what you wish for - we now have Haroon Rasheed as Chief Selector!

Be careful what you wish for - we now have Haroon Rasheed as Chief Selector!

Haroon is a better person and a far better selector than Waseem, who had no such quality, the worst selector we ever had . Worst than even Misbah and Inzamam .

Haroon is a better person and a far better selector than Waseem, who had no such quality, the worst selector we ever had . Worst than even Misbah and Inzamam .

Haroon is being discarded soon as per media reports.

Back