My Kit

b98154

Debutant
Runs
I bought some cricket stuff from Jalandhar, India: One SG Cobra Select, SG Hilite Batting Pads, and SG Hilite Batting Gloves. I am still waiting for my AS V10 Cricket Bat; it's being processed by US Customs. Anyway, I might sell my SG Cobra Select bat if I don't like it compared to AS V10; I have never used it, but only opened it and lightly oiled it.

Pictures;

kit.jpg

2-8.jpg

3-9.jpg

22-4.jpg

7-2.jpg

1-8.jpg

6-3.jpg

4-5.jpg

Hope you like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have never been a SG fan but your stuff looks very good.

The bat has good clean face with nice grains as well. The gloves and pads are good although I don't like SG.

So overall a great looking kit so far.

Thanks CD! I will definitely post AS V10 bat pics once I get it. I am sure it will get out of the customs very soon :)

No worries!

Tell us more about your bat. How does it feel in your hands ? How does it pick up ? Hows the balance ?

Same thing about gloves/pads how are they ? Comfortable or not ? Do gloves have pittard palm ? and so on.

No worries!

Tell us more about your bat. How does it feel in your hands ? How does it pick up ? Hows the balance ?

Same thing about gloves/pads how are they ? Comfortable or not ? Do gloves have pittard palm ? and so on.

The pickup and feel of the bat is awesome. I will compare it to AS V10 once I get it. The gloves are very comfortable. They do have Pittard Palm. The Pads are also great, but they were a tad dirty when they arrived :( That was most likely because of the way they were packed by SG. The bat has only 6 grains; Rupees 500 more could have gotten me a 9 grain English Willow bat (SG VS 319), but my dad did not understand the grain theory :p It is all good because this will help me to analyze the wide grain myth once I get my AS V10 :) It does seem like a nice piece of willow though.

Do you mind telling me how much you paid for the gloves, pads and bat ?

Don't worry about pads they get dirty in the factory sometimes, nothing serious.

Honestly, although it is a Grade 2 bat but it looks great. Don't worry about the grains just enjoy and play. It will take time to open up but once it reaches its peak it will go like a gun so mark my words and I wouldn't recommending selling it. But if you want cash then do as you wish :)

Do you mind telling me how much you paid for the gloves, pads and bat ?

Don't worry about pads they get dirty in the factory sometimes, nothing serious.

Honestly, although it is a Grade 2 bat but it looks great. Don't worry about the grains just enjoy and play. It will take time to open up but once it reaches its peak it will go like a gun so mark my words and I wouldn't recommending selling it. But if you want cash then do as you wish :)

Okay, I won't sell it then. At first, I thought it was Grade 3. If it is Grade 2, it is awesome :) I paid 9200 (INR) total and bought a lot of stuff, including Gloves, Bat, Pads, Bat Mallet, Ball Mallet, Two Super Test Cricket Balls, Cricket Stumps (Spring Loaded), GM Inner Gloves, and SG Thigh Pad. It was a discount of 20-25% over the Factory Price. My dad could have gotten BAS bats for an EXTREMELY good value since BAS owner is his College-Time Friend. He didn't know that BAS actually made Cricket bats because a decade or two ago, BAS only made Soccer Supplies.

Okay, I won't sell it then. At first, I thought it was Grade 3. If it is Grade 2, it is awesome :) I paid 9200 (INR) total and bought a lot of stuff, including Gloves, Bat, Pads, Bat Mallet, Ball Mallet, Two Super Test Cricket Balls, Cricket Stumps (Spring Loaded), GM Inner Gloves, and SG Thigh Pad. It was a discount of 20-25% over the Factory Price. My dad could have gotten BAS bats for an EXTREMELY good value since BAS owner is his College-Time Friend. He didn't know that BAS actually made Cricket bats because a decade or two ago, BAS only made Soccer Supplies.

I would say its Grade 2.

Oh thats good mate.

Ahh it sucks, personally I would have gotten BAS over SG but this bat is not bad either.

Thats an awesome price mate!

How did you manage to get so much discount? Did you know someone there or your dad really good at bargaining??

Thats an awesome price mate!

How did you manage to get so much discount? Did you know someone there or your dad really good at bargaining??

My parents were in India; I was not even there :( My dad knows a lot of people in Jalandhar. He managed to get discount somehow.

I would say its Grade 2.

Oh thats good mate.

Ahh it sucks, personally I would have gotten BAS over SG but this bat is not bad either.

Yep, I like BAS better than SG too. Oh well, I will buy it next time when my dad goes to India :p He told me that he might get Shadow LE for around 7000 INR, which is an UNBELIEVABLE price. I believe him since he told me that BAS owner is his really good friend.

Yep, I like BAS better than SG too. Oh well, I will buy it next time when my dad goes to India :p He told me that he might get Shadow LE for around 7000 INR, which is an UNBELIEVABLE price. I believe him since he told me that BAS owner is his really good friend.

Wow 7K for Shadow LE is too good to be true but I guess your dad can get a lot of discount especially if he knows the batmaker for a while.

Did you do mallet test on your SG bat ?

Wow 7K for Shadow LE is too good to be true but I guess your dad can get a lot of discount especially if he knows the batmaker for a while.

Did you do mallet test on your SG bat ?

Yes, 7K sounds too good to be true. I will call BAS after a week or two and let my father talk to them. My father is regretting for buying an SG bat instead of BAS because he wanted to meet his friend, who he hasn't seen in 30 Years!

Yes, I did do the mallet test on my bat. The sound is great, and most importantly, the bat pings really well. I also emailed the serial number of my bat to SG to make sure that the bat was original since the price sounds too good to be true. SG replied within few hours and informed me that I have their Genuine Bat :)

Last edited:
Sounds like BAS chaps are really good friends of your father. I hope you get a great deal soon :)

SG have serial number system ? Not bad eh

SG have serial number system ? Not bad eh

Yeah, there is a serial number on their little "Play SG Win SG" card. You can email the number to SG to make sure if it is genuine. Also, my AS V10 is stuck in Customs :( I hope it will get out soon. It has almost been a month since I ordered the bat :|

Yeah, there is a serial number on their little "Play SG Win SG" card. You can email the number to SG to make sure if it is genuine. Also, my AS V10 is stuck in Customs :( I hope it will get out soon. It has almost been a month since I ordered the bat :|

How long have it been since your AS has been in customs ?

How long have it been since your AS has been in customs ?
Not too long, so I am not that worried. It has only been two days; I am sure that it will get out soon. If not, then I will contact USPS. My only problem is that the Bat was shipped a little late, but it is understandable since Khalid Bhai was taking his time to match a good bat for my specs.

Last edited:
Not too long, so I am not that worried. It has only been two days; I am sure that it will get out soon. If not, then I will contact USPS. My only problem is that the Bat was shipped a little late, but it is understandable since Khalid Bhai was taking his time to match a good bat for my specs.

DOn't worry mate, your bat will be at your doorstep soon :)

I hope you get a good stick :)

Just a request any chance of having closer pictures of the pads and gloves (palm, side etc) ?

Thanks

Just email them and I will post em tomorrow morning

Just a request any chance of having closer pictures of the pads and gloves (palm, side etc) ?

Thanks

Just email them and I will post em tomorrow morning

Yeah, I will try to send them tomorrow. I have a Physics Final on Monday. So, I might not be able to send them to you tomorrow.

b98154 bro, mashallah ur kit looks amazing quality. I've never seen better quality pads then these SG hilite and I believe SG Hilite softs are best in India by a long distance. Bat is also very very good.
I'm getting SG soft for myself but different pads(SG nylite or megalite pads & SG test gloves). I know the quality of SG nylite pads will be touch lower then Hilites but I like the design and the (nylite )pads will suite my stance better then (hilites).

b98154 bro, mashallah ur kit looks amazing quality. I've never seen better quality pads then these SG hilite and I believe SG Hilite softs are best in India by a long distance. Bat is also very very good.
I'm getting SG soft for myself but different pads(SG nylite or megalite pads & SG test gloves). I know the quality of SG nylite pads will be touch lower then Hilites but I like the design and the (nylite )pads will suite my stance better then (hilites).

Thanks! I thought Megalite XL pads were Extra Large Size. Lol. So, I told my dad not to buy them. I haven't seen SG Nylite. I will look into them. I agree with you that SG softs are very good quality. I am not a professional cricket player, but I have used some other Softs in India. So far, SG Hilites and some MRF softs are the best in my opinion.

More close up pictures of the pads and gloves;

1-9.jpg

2-9.jpg

3-10.jpg

4-6.jpg

5-5.jpg

6-4.jpg

7-3.jpg

7-3.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the softs look really good...quality wise they are world class....and for the price that you have got it at, its absolutely a steal...as for the bat, even though it is not grade 1, i think it will be comparable to ur AS V10

I just converted and 9200 Indian Rupees are around 17,441 Pakistani Rupees so if were to compare the prices then in India stuff is a bit expensive compare to Pakistani stuff. For example, in this figure you can buy Bubber Sher lit (bat, pads, gloves, thigh pads, mallets, balls, stumps etc) with few hundred of rupees left in your pocket.

Not sure about quality comparison but I think in India cricket equipments are slightly expensive compare to Pakistan's market.

I just converted and 9200 Indian Rupees are around 17,441 Pakistani Rupees so if were to compare the prices then in India stuff is a bit expensive compare to Pakistani stuff. For example, in this figure you can buy Bubber Sher lit (bat, pads, gloves, thigh pads, mallets, balls, stumps etc) with few hundred of rupees left in your pocket.

Not sure about quality comparison but I think in India cricket equipments are slightly expensive compare to Pakistan's market.

Yep, I was aware of the fact that economically, goods are more expensive in India. Labor in Pakistan is also a little cheaper. I would have ordered from Pakistan, but no one from my family lives in Pakistan. The shipping from Pakistan would have made the kit a little pricier.

the softs look really good...quality wise they are world class....and for the price that you have got it at, its absolutely a steal...as for the bat, even though it is not grade 1, i think it will be comparable to ur AS V10

Thanks for your comments askmoi bhai :)

Yep, I was aware of the fact that economically, goods are more expensive in India. Labor in Pakistan is also a little cheaper. I would have ordered from Pakistan, but no one from my family lives in Pakistan. The shipping from Pakistan would have made the kit a little pricier.

No worries, hopefully next time get it delivered to your house in India so you can save shipping.

Having said that I would say you still got a great deal. I mean if you had paid factory price then it would have been expensive case but getting additional discount is a bargain.

Softs are brilliant. Your gloves are growing on me.

No worries, hopefully next time get it delivered to your house in India so you can save shipping.

Having said that I would say you still got a great deal. I mean if you had paid factory price then it would have been expensive case but getting additional discount is a bargain.

Softs are brilliant. Your gloves are growing on me.

Shipping to Pakistan from India, I heard, is expensive due to import/export duties. I hope it's not the same case for Shipping from Pakistan to India.

As I said before, these gloves are one of the best I have ever worn. I am not speaking from a lot of experience though since I have never used any Pakistani or English brand because they were not readily available to me when I was in India. I paid around 1300-1400 INR (i.e. 2466-2656 PKR) for my gloves.

Shipping to Pakistan from India, I heard, is expensive due to import/export duties. I hope it's not the same case for Shipping from Pakistan to India.

As I said before, these gloves are one of the best I have ever worn. I am not speaking from a lot of experience though since I have never used any Pakistani or English brand because they were not readily available to me when I was in India. I paid around 1300-1400 INR (i.e. 2466-2656 PKR) for my gloves.

Ah okay, not too sure about duties.

No doubt, these gloves look quality gloves and there is no doubt whatsoever.

It make sense why these type of gloves are expensive in India because they have genuine pittard whereas Pakistani gloves doesn't. The Boom Boom 5 Star (the one Afridi) wears go for this price. So my point is that you got genuine pittard gloves for Rs. 2700 whereas Boom Boom 5 Star which have Indian/Pakistani pittard go for Rs. 2400

Think its light because in the very first picture of this thread you don't see yellow :20:

Update on my AS V10: The package is out of customs as of December 13, 2010 (2:43pm EST). I might get it tomorrow or in next few days :D Can't wait..... gotta finish finals and start playing cricket :)
Oh it's 2 Hours 43 mins; IDK where that big 4 came from. LOL

Last edited:
Most likely, I will get my AS V10 tomorrow. So, I will post some pics either tomorrow or after two days :) Also, how do I oil my SG bat if it's face has already been covered with clear Anti-Scuff Sheet, and most of the back is covered with stickers? I am thinking of oiling only little exposed wood on the back of the bat.

Last edited:
I hope you get your AS tomorrow. Take loads of pictures and email them to me and I will post them for you.

As far SG is concerned if you find it dry then oil it otherwise its fine. Yes, oil the expose wood also don't ever oil anywhere near the handle.

Is it okay if I use Organic Flax Seed (Linseed) oil because Raw Linseed Oil isn't readily available in my area?

Flax seed and linseed oil are the same. As long as it is cold pressed, it should be fine. Although edible flaxseed is more expensive than oil you'd use for a bat.
You could get raw linseed oil from a doitbest store in your neighborhood (look up store locations online http://www.doitbest.com/StoreLocator.dib )

Flax seed and linseed oil are the same. As long as it is cold pressed, it should be fine. Although edible flaxseed is more expensive than oil you'd use for a bat.
You could get raw linseed oil from a doitbest store in your neighborhood (look up store locations online http://www.doitbest.com/StoreLocator.dib )

Yeah, I know that Flax seed oil is linseed oil. I don't know if I should e use Organic Oil on my bat because I don't know if it is cold pressed. I hope it hasn't been boiled. I have already bought the edible oil, but didn't use it on my bat because I am worried about it destroying my bat :| Between, thanks for the awesome website :D

I called my local Do-It-Best Store and was informed that they don't have Raw Linseed Oil in stock. They can order it for me, and that will take 7-10 Business days O-O Salman Bhai, could you confirm that Organic Flax Seed Oil (Linseed Oil) will not damage my bat? I have Cold Pressed Unrefined Organic Flaxseed Oil. I can list ingredients too :p .... Organic Milled Flaxseed, Organic Rosemary Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (Non-Hexane Extracted Natural Vitamin E) to maintain freshness. The oil is "Bottled in a facility that produces nut oils." Okay... I think this is a little too much. LOL. I am sorry if I am sounding a bit silly.

Last edited:

if you compare, the Bubber Sher bat will be better but the SG softs that he got are top of the range....

but yeah def it is more expensive in India...even this year all the companies have raised their prices...

I called my local Do-It-Best Store and was informed that they don't have Raw Linseed Oil in stock. They can order it for me, and that will take 7-10 Business days O-O Salman Bhai, could you confirm that Organic Flax Seed Oil (Linseed Oil) will not damage my bat? I have Cold Pressed Unrefined Organic Flaxseed Oil. I can list ingredients too :p .... Organic Milled Flaxseed, Organic Rosemary Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (Non-Hexane Extracted Natural Vitamin E) to maintain freshness. The oil is "Bottled in a facility that produces nut oils." Okay... I think this is a little too much. LOL. I am sorry if I am sounding a bit silly.

it would be best to get the raw linseed oil as that would enhance your bat......the aim here is to make it better...and not just "not damage it" ...

if you compare, the Bubber Sher bat will be better but the SG softs that he got are top of the range....

but yeah def it is more expensive in India...even this year all the companies have raised their prices...

Softs I have said earlier that there is no comparison as Indian are better than Pakistani in terms of quality (talking about SS and SG only). However, I have heard MB Malik owner saying that they also use genuine Pittard so it would be worth waiting for them.

Since Pittard palm increase the price of gloves perhaps that could be a reason why Pakistani manufacturer don't produce as local won't pay that much.

I have been to Under 19 Trails at Qadaffi Stadium and I didn't see anyone there using top top end bats. They were happy with G3-G2's. So the market isn't great for expensive stuff in Pakistan.

Yes, but the increase is very minimal. It's only Rs. 500-1000. Doesn't really make a difference , to be honest.

I don't think it will damage your bat. But it's like adding synthetic oil to a lawn mower ;)

I would wait a few days until the store orders your raw linseed oil. Understand the excitement of wanting to work on your new bat, but be patient and do it right.

Btw, that quart of linseed oil from the store will last you a lifetime :)

Back