My Newberry Thruxton bat!!

X-ception

Debutant
Runs
Just got it yesterday from Jason (cricketstoreonline), who was really helpful with the whole ordering process.

n1.jpg

n2.jpg

n3.jpg

n4.jpg

PhotoApr0395950PMHDR.jpg

Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant..... just awesome....:14: post pics of profile.... wat weight is it....

Nice one Sir X-Ception!! The pick up on the Thruxton is very nice as its sweetspot is a tad high.

Enjoy!! :D

Beauty.How does it feels and what about the ping.Did you get it knocked by him?

It feels pretty amazing, got a tad higher sweet spot, the ping is great.

Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant..... just awesome....:14: post pics of profile.... wat weight is it....

Its light 2.7-2.8.

That sir, is a beauty.

Thank you.

Nice one Sir X-Ception!! The pick up on the Thruxton is very nice as its sweetspot is a tad high.

Enjoy!! :D

lol so where and when did I earn that "sir" tag Sir zeusky :p

People with such x-ceptional bats deserve epithets of the highest order.

The above pictures seem to be from Hammer himself---- so he sent you pics before you bought the bat?

People with such x-ceptional bats deserve epithets of the highest order.

The above pictures seem to be from Hammer himself---- so he sent you pics before you bought the bat?

You are too nice with your words Sir lol I am sure you possess a far better collection of bats yourself. And yes he ordered one for me and sent me pictures upon my request before he sent it out to me, which I think was nice of him.

That is a very very good looking bat

What is the handle like? rubber or cork inserts? round or oval handle? Flat faced or rounded edges?

How big are the edges?

The profile is just awsome and looks great too.
I hope make a lot of runs with this bat :)

Thruxton is a lovely bat...very good pick up (thanks to a higher sweet spot of course)...and very good balance. But the will doesnt look like players quality to me...especially when I see the profile pic.

I agree, willow quality is a bit suspect. I've been thinking of getting an SPS thruxton for this season but after seeing this bat I am not as sure. Still looks like a good bat though, hope you make lots of runs with it.

Thruxton is a lovely bat...very good pick up (thanks to a higher sweet spot of course)...and very good balance. But the will doesnt look like players quality to me...especially when I see the profile pic.

I agree, willow quality is a bit suspect. I've been thinking of getting an SPS thruxton for this season but after seeing this bat I am not as sure. Still looks like a good bat though, hope you make lots of runs with it.

The thing about Players is that it is not their top of the line willow, thats SPS so its not actually the Players edition bats like GM has.

How much did u pay for it ??? Lucky you got a good stuff.. friend of mine was not at all a happy chappy after his deal with cricketstore online....

The thing about Players is that it is not their top of the line willow, thats SPS so its not actually the Players edition bats like GM has.

I know. But my understanding was that their willow quality is high throughout, just slightly better in SPS. But if its a big difference, that means SPS has a lot of variety in willow quality which gives me pause.

Perhaps the GM/GN way of grading willow is better. Atleast you have a better idea of what you'll get if you order online.

I own 2 Newberries myself. Going by the looks on these, I am pretty certain it'll ping like a beast. Cant go wrong with Newberries man. Congrats.

Is it Grade 1 or 2 English willow bat please reply ? Even i want this beauty from cricket store online. ???

Is it Grade 1 or 2 English willow bat please reply ? Even i want this beauty from cricket store online. ???

Aditya...instead of getting a bat shipped from USA, you can get one locally...or from UK if you are looking at an English brand. I m sure the shipping prices would be pretty high.

My advise would be try something locally..try Sachdev Sport near Paradise. They always have a very decent collection of bats.

Cricket bat

Aditya...instead of getting a bat shipped from USA, you can get one locally...or from UK if you are looking at an English brand. I m sure the shipping prices would be pretty high.

My advise would be try something locally..try Sachdev Sport near Paradise. They always have a very decent collection of bats.

Shall Sachdev sports shop have English brands bats like Gray nicolls Kaboom,Newberry thruxton,etc.....???

Or Should i buy a custom made bat from Anthem sports shop located in jalandhar...They are saying around my budget 10,000 indian rupees they would like to make me a Grade 1 english willow bat in 2.8 lbs weight.....Is this True that in 10,000 indian rupees we can get a Grade 1 english willow bat please help me anyone ???

Hi there, yes for 10,000 rupees you can get a Grade 1 bat from India for sure...even a SS or SG bat can be sourced from India for this price..They have some top bats at the moment...I would stay away from Custom made bats unless you are sure it is made by a decent bat maker and brand..

Shall Sachdev sports shop have English brands bats like Gray nicolls Kaboom,Newberry thruxton,etc.....???

Or Should i buy a custom made bat from Anthem sports shop located in jalandhar...They are saying around my budget 10,000 indian rupees they would like to make me a Grade 1 english willow bat in 2.8 lbs weight.....Is this True that in 10,000 indian rupees we can get a Grade 1 english willow bat please help me anyone ???

I am not sure you will get the English brands in Sachdev...
Also, I doubt if you will get a real G1 English brand cricket bat for 10k...I would say that you better off getting an SS/SG/BAS/RNS for that price.

Dont go for custom bats unless you know the supplier. Try OnlineStockist. He is an Indian seller and has genuine quality stuff.

I am not sure you will get the English brands in Sachdev...
Also, I doubt if you will get a real G1 English brand cricket bat for 10k...I would say that you better off getting an SS/SG/BAS/RNS for that price.

Dont go for custom bats unless you know the supplier. Try OnlineStockist. He is an Indian seller and has genuine quality stuff.

Hey bro thanks for your concern....Should i go for PR bats they are available at Indiana sports at secunderabad and this brand bats are good & used by Ajinkya rahane etc....and Please tell me bro i'm so much confused which will you recommend from this brands and it should be lightweight around 2.7lbs... GM epic 606,GM Icon 909,GM 606,SS Torpedo, SS limited edition ????

Hey bro thanks for your concern....Should i go for PR bats they are available at Indiana sports at secunderabad and this brand bats are good & used by Ajinkya rahane etc....and Please tell me bro i'm so much confused which will you recommend from this brands and it should be lightweight around 2.7lbs... GM epic 606,GM Icon 909,GM 606,SS Torpedo, SS limited edition ????

You seem confused Bro :)...have you seen all these bats? Checked the balance and pick up. The ones u have listed are of a wide price range..I haven't seen PR bats but Indiana Sports does stock genuine items...check out the bat, the grains on it, check the ping and decide. From our list..

Epic 606 - Should be in budget. Lovely bat with elongated sweet spot.

Icon 909 - Top of the range..will probably be over your budget.

SS Torpedo - Thats my baby :)...big bat but I doubt if u will get it around 2.7lb.

SS LE - Top of the range...original costs around 20k I think

As I said, brand is immaterial...go check the bat, feel the pickup, test the ping and decide.

p.s. Indiana sports are known to house original RNS bats which are also awesome...check out RNS Unik if they have it in stock.

You seem confused Bro :)...have you seen all these bats? Checked the balance and pick up. The ones u have listed are of a wide price range..I haven't seen PR bats but Indiana Sports does stock genuine items...check out the bat, the grains on it, check the ping and decide. From our list..

Epic 606 - Should be in budget. Lovely bat with elongated sweet spot.

Icon 909 - Top of the range..will probably be over your budget.

SS Torpedo - Thats my baby :)...big bat but I doubt if u will get it around 2.7lb.

SS LE - Top of the range...original costs around 20k I think

As I said, brand is immaterial...go check the bat, feel the pickup, test the ping and decide.

p.s. Indiana sports are known to house original RNS bats which are also awesome...check out RNS Unik if they have it in stock.

@Smasher bro....Finally i decided to go for GM bats but please suggest which model to choose from this series of GM....I'm a attacking batsmen an opener batsman and i need a lightweight bat around 2.7 lbs short handle......Here is the list...... please suggest me 1 bat for matches and other 1 bat for practice in nets and both of them should GM bats ???????????
1.GM Epic dxm 808.
2.GM Icon dxm 909 grade 1 bat.
3.GM Luna dxm 909.
4.GM Luna dxm 606.
5.GM Icon 606.
6.GM Icon DXM Original made in U.K(17,230 Indian rupees)
7.GM Epic dxm 909.

Back