Need help with Bat choice. Gray Nicolls, GM, Kookaburra, Ihsan.

s.h.a.k

Local Club Regular
Runs
Hello guys. I'm after a new bat for the upcoming cricket season. I am a opening batsmen and want a lightweight bat with good pick up and big profile. I been using MB limited edition bat which been great but want a change.

I am stuck between Gray Nicolls, GM, Kookaburra and Ihsan.
I was interested in Gray Nicolls Kaboom but wasn't
sure as I never known anyone use that. Is that the best bat from Gray Nicolls or should I opt for a GM or Ihsan instead.

PLEASE HELP?

if uve been using **** made bats like mb, then u should again go for a **** made bat, otherwise you wont like the hard pressing on the english bats... go with ihsan, if u dont wanna go with ca or mids for some reason....

From reviews the Kaboom a really poor bat its grade 3, not tried new Ihsan range. Kookaburra bats have great reputation but are all made in India... ( so they just massively pumped out like most bats now days, C.A, Gray Nics all do it) depends on your budget and style of game. Back foot, front foot, pitches you play one etc

From reviews the Kaboom a really poor bat its grade 3, not tried new Ihsan range. Kookaburra bats have great reputation but are all made in India... ( so they just massively pumped out like most bats now days, C.A, Gray Nics all do it) depends on your budget and style of game. Back foot, front foot, pitches you play one etc

Thanks for your reply. Never knew Kaboom is grade 3. I was interested in a grade 1 bat prince range don't matter. Mainly play on low bounce wickets so mainly play from foot. What do you think between a top of range gray Nicolls and a GM flare.

Thanks for your reply. Never knew Kaboom is grade 3. I was interested in a grade 1 bat prince range don't matter. Mainly play on low bounce wickets so mainly play from foot. What do you think between a top of range gray Nicolls and a GM flare.

The new model of the Kaboom bat called Signature Kaboom is G1, has a low middle and will suit your pitches. Gm flare has a high middle, if you want Gm go for an octane or argon both have low middles. If you want a Gray nicolls then go for the powerbow gen-x or the oblivion E41

The new model of the Kaboom bat called Signature Kaboom is G1, has a low middle and will suit your pitches. Gm flare has a high middle, if you want Gm go for an octane or argon both have low middles. If you want a Gray nicolls then go for the powerbow gen-x or the oblivion E41

Yep sorry for late reply ! Nailed on the head that...

I believe for low bounce lower middle is what you want, only issue may be bottom heavy. Try out the GM Original (Trott old bat) think that had a middle middle which is probably the best to use in all condition.

But cant go wrong with the bats listed above ^^

Back