'Never ever put me in a position where I have to show you how cruel and ruthless I can be': Shaheen Shah Afridi's message in his Instagram story

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
This is the Instagram story of our Ex-T20 captain, Shaheen Shah Afridi.

What do you guys have to say about this one?

Conflict and grouping in the team or just frustrated because he was removed from captaincy unfairly?

==

"Never ever put me in a position where I have to show you how cruel and ruthless I can be. Don't test my patience because I might be the kindest and sweetest person you've ever met, but once I reach my limit, you'll see me do the things that no one thought I was capable of doing".

View attachment yAVrutDmBN7ZR9kI.mp4

Last edited by a moderator:
true Pakistan cricket fans are with him.

PCB have no one to blame but themselves for creating rift between him and Babar or any other groupings in the locker room that may arise from this abrupt U turn a few months since Babar’s removal and now to his reappointment.

PCB couldn’t manage a corner paan shop let alone a professional sports team.

The OP ahould have kept us guessing by not saying who this post was from. I would have gone with Ken Doll.

In the good ol' days, SSA would've been staring down at the barrel of a Show cause on this type of thing....

The best thing pakistan can do is get this guy out of the team alongwith his father in law.

Mir hamza will perform better like we saw in recent Australia series he was comfortably being outbowled by domestic journeymen like hamza and shahzad

Lol , People have started taking themselves very seriously. All started with BD tigers

Shaheen will have a gimmick makeover.

The eagle will turn into a ferocious lion.

No. Shaheen was rightly appointed the captain

Those who say he wasn’t are the ones being stupid
Shaheen was Zaka Ashraf’s third choice, when Rizwan and Shadab had already refused.

Even in Zaka’s eyes, Shaheen was not the top man to lead and he just wanted someone to take over from Babar.

Shaheen should have known the writing on the wall once Qalandars crashed in the PSL and Zaka was ousted.

Lets see if Babar is also thrown out after the failure in World Cup.

But its different strokes for different folks.

In the good ol' days, SSA would've been staring down at the barrel of a Show cause on this type of thing....

Or a"Lifetime Ban" that lasts 2 T20s.

Pakistan players waste too much of their prime years fighting internally rather than the opposing batsmen and bowlers.

This is a msg for PCB and not babar.

But PCB is now under the direct wing of establishment. Sorry but Shaheen is nothing infront of the establishment. If the establishment wants, they can end Shaheens career

After the #sochna thing, we have this.

This is a msg for PCB and not babar.

But PCB is now under the direct wing of establishment. Sorry but Shaheen is nothing infront of the establishment. If the establishment wants, they can end Shaheens career
It's the first time that the PCB chairman rather than being an appointee of the most powerful people in the country is in fact a member of the most powerful people in the country.

“…once I reach my limit, you'll see me do the things that no one thought I was capable of doing"

Proceeds to pick up a 10fer in the first T20 bowling right-arm leg-spin

Rashid Latif was the king of groupings this current lot will give him a good run for his money.

A few words by COAS during iftari will turn the lion into a kitten in a few seconds.

A few words by COAS during iftari will turn the lion into a kitten in a few seconds.

Tbh, he's the daler punjabi who's already tamed Imran. What's another pathan for him?

I guess Shaheen will speak louder now with his bowling performance. Let's see how it goes. One thing is for sure, there is a rift between him and Babar.

Shaheen was Zaka Ashraf’s third choice, when Rizwan and Shadab had already refused.

Even in Zaka’s eyes, Shaheen was not the top man to lead and he just wanted someone to take over from Babar.

Shaheen should have known the writing on the wall once Qalandars crashed in the PSL and Zaka was ousted.
Is this true that rizwan and shadab refused captaincy? Was not aware of that. Wondered why rizwan was never offered captaincy and multiple posters here had the same question. But didn't know that he refused captaincy..

One final Diss track, sorry when these types of looney toon videos are made, I have no choice but to add to this mockery. Can't take these social media trolls seriously.

Diss track on babar

Yo, listen up, it's time to spit facts,
About Shaheen Shah, the one they sacked,
From captain to the bench, just like that,
While Babar Azam, still leading the pack.

Shaheen led the team, gave it his all,
But one bad series, made him fall,
Now Babar's back, standing tall,
But his captaincy? Ain't seen it at all.

Babar, Babar, what's your claim?
Never won a cup, just chasing fame,
Selfish on the field, chasing his name,
But against the best? He's just lame.

Zimbabar they call him, against the weak,
But when it counts, can't even speak,
No trophies in hand, just a streak,
Of failures and excuses, week after week.

Those cake videos, what a joke,
Team got lazy, like they were soaked,
In butter and cream, couldn't cope,
Now they're out, just hanging by a rope.

Babar, Babar, where's your pride?
In your personal milestones, you hide,
But against the giants, you can't ride,
You're just a fraud, trying to glide.

Friends 11 group, what a mess,
Picking buddies over real success,
Rauf and Nawaz, but where's the finesse?
Amir and Imad, they could impress.

In the final over, Nawaz fell flat,
Against India, he was a doormat,
And South Africa, he was a bat,
But Amir and Imad? They could combat.

So here's the truth, laid out plain,
Babar's captaincy? Just a strain,
But Shaheen Shah, he'll rise again,
While Babar's reign, just goes down the drain.

Thank me later 😂.

This story actually gives me a lot of faith that Shaheen will do as well as we have been expecting him to for the past two years. His journey from captaining the team and now suddenly being no longer the captain will help him to grow as a man, and by now he must have realized that the team needs his bowling more than his coming-up-to-bat at number five. Forget about removing him from the captaincy; Pcb has the gall to remove him from the team as well. Assume that Aamir's performance in this World Twenty20 was successful in getting him to stay for at least the 2027 World Cup. It implies that they will no longer be wholly reliant on Shaheen. I feel bad for him and hope that what is happening to him now will help him grow into a mature man. I hope he will start performing like the Shaheen we know.

One final Diss track, sorry when these types of looney toon videos are made, I have no choice but to add to this mockery. Can't take these social media trolls seriously.

Diss track on babar

Yo, listen up, it's time to spit facts,
About Shaheen Shah, the one they sacked,
From captain to the bench, just like that,
While Babar Azam, still leading the pack.

Shaheen led the team, gave it his all,
But one bad series, made him fall,
Now Babar's back, standing tall,
But his captaincy? Ain't seen it at all.

Babar, Babar, what's your claim?
Never won a cup, just chasing fame,
Selfish on the field, chasing his name,
But against the best? He's just lame.

Zimbabar they call him, against the weak,
But when it counts, can't even speak,
No trophies in hand, just a streak,
Of failures and excuses, week after week.

Those cake videos, what a joke,
Team got lazy, like they were soaked,
In butter and cream, couldn't cope,
Now they're out, just hanging by a rope.

Babar, Babar, where's your pride?
In your personal milestones, you hide,
But against the giants, you can't ride,
You're just a fraud, trying to glide.

Friends 11 group, what a mess,
Picking buddies over real success,
Rauf and Nawaz, but where's the finesse?
Amir and Imad, they could impress.

In the final over, Nawaz fell flat,
Against India, he was a doormat,
And South Africa, he was a bat,
But Amir and Imad? They could combat.

So here's the truth, laid out plain,
Babar's captaincy? Just a strain,
But Shaheen Shah, he'll rise again,
While Babar's reign, just goes down the drain.

Thank me later 😂.
No mention of Uganda?

I am sorry but this is incorrect.

Rizwan and Shadab were not offered captaincy. In Zaka's audio leak, he clearly says that he would have gone for Rizwan but he has also links with Saya so they went for Shaheen instead. Shadab was never part of the conversation.

Conflict and grouping in the team or just frustrated because he was removed from captaincy unfairly?

==

"Never ever put me in a position where I have to show you how cruel and ruthless I can be. Don't test my patience because I might be the kindest and sweetest person you've ever met, but once I reach my limit, you'll see me do the things that no one thought I was capable of doing".

View attachment 143053
He's heartbroken over the way the captaincy was snatched and the way he has been treated.

Thus this video resonated with him and he shared. He maybe contemplated what or if he should do anything drastic.

Shaheen, I love you, but why are you posting like a 50 year old on Facebook :ROFLMAO:

Shaheen: How dare you make fun of me? Calling me a 50 year old, I am the nicest and kindest guy on the planet but do not put me in a position where I shall show you how ruthless I can be.
I love Shaheen but these kinds of posts, no matter who posts them, always make me cringe

I am sorry but this is incorrect.

Rizwan and Shadab were not offered captaincy. In Zaka's audio leak, he clearly says that he would have gone for Rizwan but he has also links with Saya so they went for Shaheen instead. Shadab was never part of the conversation.
Rashid Latif might be a trouble maker, but I am sure he is aware of what’s happening in Pakistan cricket more than you and me.

All I would say about this topic.

Shaheen was always a left wing choice, as he had never been considered for vice-captaincy aswell.

I love Shaheen but these kinds of posts, no matter who posts them, always make me cringe
Ik bro, shaheen is fine, but these posts are a nasty habit of all our cricketers.

Like did he seriously have to put a motivational quote which states that he's the kindest person alive only to contradict himself 5 seconds later claiming he'll maul you to death if you irritate him?

And no the maul you to death isn't even metaphorical, it's literally with a lion video 💀

Other than Shaheen, everybody in this situation, associated with this situation are in the wrong. PCB should have done a detailed discussion into the captaincy affairs, its become a massive fiasco. Its borderline comical.

Seriously, the lows this cricket board (doubt you can call them that) is astonishing. Makes you wonder why cricket is at borderline extinction sport in Pakistan.

One thing in post 2010 Pak was unity in dressing room, absence of groupings.

Now the team has gone into the 90s and 2000s phases when groupings were common. Had Babar refused captaincy and publicly backed Shaheen, he would have been hailed as a good leader.

Guys shaheen Shah afridi might be dropped in this situation.

I swear if these guys replace shaheen with Amir I'll be so mad.

Amir should be in the team with shaheen, not as a replacement.

Naseem, Shaheen, Amir and Ali shpuld be our frontline in the squad, you can then alternate as pacers shouldn't pkay every game.

If Shaheen isn’t fit to play then what’s he doing running around and jumping around in Kakul?

This is just damage limitation. Removing Shaheen and making it look like they are taking care of his body

If Shaheen isn’t fit to play then what’s he doing running around and jumping around in Kakul?

This is just damage limitation. Removing Shaheen and making it look like they are taking care of his body
Obviously the fitness thing is nonsense.

That's why i said dropped, otherwise I would be saying he's unfit lol.

It's the same nonsense they use to pull with shan, claiming the openers are injured to accommodate him.

Obviously the fitness thing is nonsense.

That's why i said dropped, otherwise I would be saying he's unfit lol.

It's the same nonsense they use to pull with shan, claiming the openers are injured to accommodate him.
Dropping him will just make things even worse

At some point Naqvi will have to understand the team won’t play with a gun pointed at their heads.

Dropping him will just make things even worse

At some point Naqvi will have to understand the team won’t play with a gun pointed at their heads.
No, they'll loyalty will be questioned.

babar wants his own team with zero opposition, shaheen is clearly In opposition now and is not a part of the friends 11.

Guarantee babar is doing everything in his power to convince naqvi, the board or anyone to just get rid of imad, Amir, shaheen and pretty much anyone who doesn't adhere.

As I said expect Bobby to become an opener again, rizzu will probs open, I refuse to believe babar will make rizwan go to no 3 over saim.

He shouldn’t play any of the matches IMO. I already read a lot of stories that he’s likely to be rested the first 3 matches. We need to let all of the other fast bowlers compete for the 3rd and 4th paced spots.

Needs to rest up because his spot in the T20 WC is already ensured

He shouldn’t play any of the matches IMO. I already read a lot of stories that he’s likely to be rested the first 3 matches. We need to let all of the other fast bowlers compete for the 3rd and 4th paced spots.

Needs to rest up because his spot in the T20 WC is already ensured
Mate, he was captain, he was going to play, now he isn't captain.

He isn't unfit, rest is good but rn this period, Theirs nothing going on, doesn't this count as rest?

You need to have games under your belt, too much rest isn't good. He should okay atleast 3 games against NZ c string to find rhythm.

Guarantee babar is doing everything in his power to convince naqvi, the board or anyone to just get rid of imad, Amir, shaheen and pretty much anyone who doesn't adhere.
Shaheen and Babar are very good friends. Shaheen isn’t going anywhere.

Mate, he was captain, he was going to play, now he isn't captain.

He isn't unfit, rest is good but rn this period, Theirs nothing going on, doesn't this count as rest?

You need to have games under your belt, too much rest isn't good. He should okay atleast 3 games against NZ c string to find rhythm.
Why are you acting like this is new news?

The reason, even though I don’t think it’s true, the PCB gave for dropping Shaheen from captain was that they wanted to be able to manage his load better:

In a strategic move aimed at ensuring player wellbeing and peak performance, the board overhauled the white-ball leadership. Babar, renowned for his brilliant batting record in international cricket will take over the captaincy from Shaheen Shah Afridi.

While Shaheen Afridi has undeniably proven himself as a star fast bowler, leading Pakistan's pace attack over the years, the board recognises the importance of rotation and rest to maintain his peak performance. This decision aligns with board's commitment to safeguarding the longevity of the players, especially fast bowlers given their injury timelines in the past two years.”

Then in the next 2 days after Naqvi went and visited the camp it was already announced in the news that Shaheen was probably going to be rested for a few games of the T20I series. He’s going to play the full England series next month as the tournament gets closer.

Yeah I agree he should play 2-3 games and then probably most of the England series that’s coming up.

I swear if these guys replace shaheen with Amir I'll be so mad.

Amir should be in the team with shaheen, not as a replacement.

Naseem, Shaheen, Amir and Ali shpuld be our frontline in the squad, you can then alternate as pacers shouldn't pkay every game.
This reminds me of another masterstroke that Mr. Selection Committee Chairman Wahab Riaz played with Mohammad Harris.

Mohammad Harris was dropped in the last New Zealand tour series because. He was been given rest. When he deserved to go there and get opportunity to perform.

Now watch the committee drop Mohammad Harris from this upcoming series as well with the reason that he did not performed good enough in PSL. As if performing in the last PSL is the only criteria for selection. Which if it was. Would mean that Rizwan won't be getting selected. Which he will be of course.

Hypocrites at the helm.

This reminds me of another masterstroke that Mr. Selection Committee Chairman Wahab Riaz played with Mohammad Harris.

Mohammad Harris was dropped in the last New Zealand tour series because. He was been given rest. When he deserved to go there and get opportunity to perform.

Now watch the committee drop Mohammad Harris from this upcoming series as well with the reason that he did not performed good enough in PSL. As if performing in the last PSL is the only criteria for selection. Which if it was. Would mean that Rizwan won't be getting selected. Which he will be of course.

Hypocrites at the helm.
All of pcb is hypocritical lol

Rahnei dei 😭😭. Not doing this again
The most reputable news sources report that Babar and Shaheen’s friendship is just fine. It’s not just you but also other posters who are saying that Shaheen now hates Babar or something but it’s based on absolutely nothing besides trying to psychoanalyze how they think Shaheen feels about the situation.

The most reputable news sources report that Babar and Shaheen’s friendship is just fine. It’s not just you but also other posters who are saying that Shaheen now hates Babar or something but it’s based on absolutely nothing besides trying to psychoanalyze how they think Shaheen feels about the situation.
Many of the posters are gossip queens

Shaheen's Instagram story posted 2 hours ago. Mashallah

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406-004329~2.png
    Screenshot_20240406-004329~2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 5

==

View attachment 143053
There’s no way SS Afridi wrote this himself. Probably his media guy got carried away.
Plus he can’t be climbing ropes with Babar in the day and writing this at night!!

Rashid Latif might be a trouble maker, but I am sure he is aware of what’s happening in Pakistan cricket more than you and me.

All I would say about this topic.

Shaheen was always a left wing choice, as he had never been considered for vice-captaincy aswell.
Rashid has his own agenda in the game, his tweet about PSL captaincy percentage is an evidence in itself.

SSA has been wronged. I always knew the "sochna hi mana hai" was going to come back and bite up . Just goes to show how he was manipulated when he was made to put that up on his social media accounts, during Babar's failed captaincy stint.

Back