Runs
a6cd0acc-c677-c227.jpg

a6cd0acc-c686-e9ce.jpg

a6cd0acc-c6a5-866c.jpg

a6cd0acc-c6b4-c4a7.jpg

a6cd0acc-c6c7-da93.jpg

a6cd0acc-c6d8-5365.jpg

a6cd0acc-c6ef-e54f.jpg

Willow and stickers look very poor. Not sure what incentive any customer would have to buy these unless they are really really cheap.

Hey guys thanks for your comments on the stickers, so far people have really taken to the brand and we are almost sold out of our winter stock and look forward to a very successful summer with the boys from Vindico cricket.

Your comment on the willow however is very shocking and I'm unsure if you are either, just used to playing with $700 piece of willow, are either blind or your comment is just loaded and trying to get a response out of me. Either way, it doesn't bother us. These bats ping better than most top brands and so far customers have been very excited and happy about them. The willow in these pics are great quality and at $350 and $250 their prices are some of the most competitive in the market.

whats so shocking about the comment - the second bat from the right looks like great willow quality to you? i'm sure the ping must be unbelievable.

and whats competitive about pricing at $350. $350 = approx 225 pounds. Your customers could order grade 1 bats made in england with shipping and better quality willlow for cheaper.

Hey guys thanks for your comments on the stickers, so far people have really taken to the brand and we are almost sold out of our winter stock and look forward to a very successful summer with the boys from Vindico cricket.

Your comment on the willow however is very shocking and I'm unsure if you are either, just used to playing with $700 piece of willow, are either blind or your comment is just loaded and trying to get a response out of me. Either way, it doesn't bother us. These bats ping better than most top brands and so far customers have been very excited and happy about them. The willow in these pics are great quality and at $350 and $250 their prices are some of the most competitive in the market.

In UK for $350 you can get many bats in Grade 1 from smaller brands and they will be made by one of worlds finest batmakers.

In Pakistan you can get much better looking and who knows performing bats less than what Banjo goes for.

We can't see performance unless we have the bats in our hands. Our views are based on bats physically appearance and for $350 they really don't look very nice.

I can get much better looking and who knows much better performing bats from UK for that price to be honest.

Last edited:
And Jason what does five star Vindico dealership means? Is Vindico a US brand or Indian?

No one is asking you to buy these bats. If you don't like them that's ok. No one is forcing you to like them. I have ping tested more bats than most people on the planet, so I think I could be considered somewhat of an authority on the subject. Brands like slazenger, GM, etc don't come close to These guys.

Look I'm not here to fight with anybody. Or even to try and convince you guys. It is what it is.

Vindico are a quality brand but are new in the market and still have to prove themselves just like anyone else. Still however the comments on the willow were lame.

It means they have trusted me to be the sole dealership for them, as their passion is cricket and not sales.

Yes they are a USA based brand.

yes this is a forum where people will debate your posts, not fight, which you don't seem to understand. your claims on quality willow and competitive price is plain wrong - just pointing it out. and i'm glad you like to think you are an authority on the subject....

No one is asking you to buy these bats. If you don't like them that's ok. No one is forcing you to like them. I have ping tested more bats than most people on the planet, so I think I could be considered somewhat of an authority on the subject. Brands like slazenger, GM, etc don't come close to These guys.

Look I'm not here to fight with anybody. Or even to try and convince you guys. It is what it is.

Vindico are a quality brand but are new in the market and still have to prove themselves just like anyone else. Still however the comments on the willow were lame.

I don't understand how anyone is fighting with you, I also don't understand when someone says anything negative why do you have to get all excited and personal. Forums are platform where everyone shed there opinons. It is not necessary that everyone will have same liking as you. You like Vindico then its good, no one is forcing you to say ''Vindico is crap"

So have cool head when having discussion with peeps out there.

Yes , gloves were launched for 2012 this week and they have some cool Pakistan and Indian branded ones coming out soon.

As far as me being an authority on the subject. Check my YouTube channel or Facebook page, it speaks for itself. No one compares to me. Especially YouTube. No one comes close, not even Greg Chappell cricket centre when it comes to video gear reviews.

And like I said about the guys comment on the willow quality, he is obviously used to playing with $700 pieces of wood as these pics above are really good looking pieces of wood. Not the best, but that's why they only sell for $350 and not $450. The willow in these bats is better than GM originals. I will post some pics later compared to the GM originals. Their quality is poor.

ummmm agree with Jason here tbh post # 5 was utter garbage ... :)

not quite. it's more about doing simple math and thinking about it from a customers perspective. i'm not fighting with you - just pointing this fact out:
compare these vindico to your TK made sample bats for your own brand which cost 175 pounds from blankbats -> 270 USD. from the customers point of view of why they'd go for a cheaper RNS made indian bat and pay more then a TK made bat.

You are forgetting economics here. $240 for bat, $10 for stickers, $5 for grip, $70 for dhl shipping. That's $325 before we even talk about markup, time invloved, design work, samples paid for, etc etc etc. it's a business my friend

You are forgetting economics here. $240 for bat, $10 for stickers, $5 for grip, $70 for dhl shipping. That's $325 before we even talk about markup, time invloved, design work, samples paid for, etc etc etc. it's a business my friend

Totally understand that and I wish you all the best. but a business is run by sales from customers and as customer gain more knowledge from the same forums that you get all yours - they will also do the economics and order a blank tk on their own.

would appreciate you keeping this all withing this forum

That never happens. Regard it as the inverse ripple effect which turns into a huge wave in the long run. You do realize that at any time there are numerous 'guests' looking at all these right? 1 guest will speak to 4 more 'guests' and those 4 will talk to 16 more......

Here are some similar pieces of willow, in fact you may say the GM is the worst of the lot as it has about 25 ( specks ) on the face but put it in as is more expensive that all of these bats.

a6cd0acc-28a6-9dc6.jpg

King cobra $389
GM original, $400
Vindico $350, actually on sale now for $315
TK ( newbery SPS quality ) $ 459

Clearly the Vindico is the best value

These are your prices to cover your overhead. All I'm saying is look from a customers perspective. I can go to owzat or mapperly or prodirect all the way in England and get a cheaper bat even when you minus the vat and include shipping

Hey K, whilst there is some truth to that, there is something more powerful, when I sell a good bat, that guy speaks to his team mates, his team mates see it and think wow. That will forever be more powerful than something said on a forum. Not to mention the a forgets most of what he reads on a forum, especially when there is so much conflicting stuff written in different places. I am seriously not worried about anything written in here but do appreciate the medium for what it's worth. It is a available tool, but before I found pakpassion and CIF, I had never come across a cricket forum in my life, not one person had ever mentioned it to me or asked me about it. It's very minimal. I agree pakpassion is huge, but it's still insignificant in te world of cricket.

As I mentioned to the boys from Vindico, don't worry about what people say in forums. In my third year of this business now and people come to me 5 times a day and say, I saw you on YouTube, I saw you on facebook, I saw your add on google etc. I have yet to have a person come to me and say, I saw your post in pakpassion, CIF has been more profitable to me in the short time it's been around.

That's the reason I come here, is to try and see if it's beneficial for me. So far, it's just a bunch of talk. Nothing more.

I get that ca, but if that was the case this industry would not be generating $10 million a year in America at the moment.

Hey K, whilst there is some truth to that, there is something more powerful, when I sell a good bat, that guy speaks to his team mates, his team mates see it and think wow. That will forever be more powerful than something said on a forum.

Fair point Hammer :)

These are your prices to cover your overhead. All I'm saying is look from a customers perspective. I can go to owzat or mapperly or prodirect all the way in England and get a cheaper bat even when you minus the vat and include shipping

i agree with you by the way as far as the customer is concerned, but ask kaustav what happened to him when they sent him the wrong bat? how much hassle did he have to go through to get a replacement. or what about a repair.

what im trying to do is keep myself from flipping burgers at mcdonalds. im trying to build a life for myself in the sport i love.

if people would stop buying from overseas and buy local we could help the economy a bit, create a few jobs and all live happily ever after.

by the way, i got my black cat shadow, and whilst is a good bat. No offence to the person that i bought it from as he is in this forum. its not thing special. if you break it down, its a piece of wood, glue, handle etc. im not saying its not a good bat because it is. my point is the UK is fooling people into believing they are the be all and end all when it comes to making bats. my pakistan samples are as good if not better than my TK samples. my only problem right now is trying to get them to make them in the shapes that i wanted, but if they were the shapes i wanted it would be the pakistan models all the way as they are cheaper and the same quality, in fact my pakistan model are quite a bit better than this black cat shadow.

I get that ca, but if that was the case this industry would not be generating $10 million a year in America at the moment.

I'd love to see where that figure has come from - please let me know/ forward the report you saw to get this figure

Here are some similar pieces of willow, in fact you may say the GM is the worst of the lot as it has about 25 ( specks ) on the face but put it in as is more expensive that all of these bats.

a6cd0acc-28a6-9dc6.jpg

King cobra $389
GM original, $400
Vindico $350, actually on sale now for $315
TK ( newbery SPS quality ) $ 459

Clearly the Vindico is the best value

It is impossible to say that the plain TK made bat is of SPS quality, impossible mate!

Hey K, whilst there is some truth to that, there is something more powerful, when I sell a good bat, that guy speaks to his team mates, his team mates see it and think wow. That will forever be more powerful than something said on a forum. Not to mention the a forgets most of what he reads on a forum, especially when there is so much conflicting stuff written in different places. I am seriously not worried about anything written in here but do appreciate the medium for what it's worth. It is a available tool, but before I found pakpassion and CIF, I had never come across a cricket forum in my life, not one person had ever mentioned it to me or asked me about it. It's very minimal. I agree pakpassion is huge, but it's still insignificant in te world of cricket.

As I mentioned to the boys from Vindico, don't worry about what people say in forums. In my third year of this business now and people come to me 5 times a day and say, I saw you on YouTube, I saw you on facebook, I saw your add on google etc. I have yet to have a person come to me and say, I saw your post in pakpassion, CIF has been more profitable to me in the short time it's been around.

That's the reason I come here, is to try and see if it's beneficial for me. So far, it's just a bunch of talk. Nothing more.

Cif allows sale of equipment which is why it's been more profitable in terms of revenue - and it has bat makers on the forum hence profitable from a knowledge point of view

I'd love to see where that figure has come from - please let me know/ forward the report you saw to get this figure

there is no report but i have it under good authority. i know what i did last year and i know i was about 12th on the list of cricket stores in america. multiply my sales and consider there are at least 30 stores in america. its pretty simple to make some deductions. did you know sports authority is one of the biggest cricket stores in america?

i aslo just saw they sell Indian made GN legends for $530. yes i said indian made, or thats what it says on their website anyway. i was under the impression legends are made in england.

this is a very funny business guys. and its bigger than you think.

how is it impossible to say, ive handled tons of newbery SPS bats, player bats and 5 star bats of theirs. its pretty easy actually.

Well good for you if you have handled tons of Newbery bats (5 Star, Players and SPS) but ask any retailer if you want and anyone but sadly that bat is not a SPS standard bat unless you are grading it based on performance and Newbery goes after looks to grade a bat.

there is no report but i have it under good authority. i know what i did last year and i know i was about 12th on the list of cricket stores in america. multiply my sales and consider there are at least 30 stores in america. its pretty simple to make some deductions. did you know sports authority is one of the biggest cricket stores in america?

i aslo just saw they sell Indian made GN legends for $530. yes i said indian made, or thats what it says on their website anyway. i was under the impression legends are made in england.

this is a very funny business guys. and its bigger than you think.

Quite funny how a retailer who has been in a business for a while was under wrong impression.

You were talking about economics earlier so let's recall it. Gray Nicolls have a factory in India and a factory in England so tell me where would a company make there bats? I'm sure answer will be India because of cheap labour cost as oppose to UK where labour cost are quite high.

Secondly, Gray Nicolls have made few of Legends (Pro ones) in UK so that helps them say Legends are made in UK.

Quite funny how a retailer who has been in a business for a while was under wrong impression.

You were talking about economics earlier so let's recall it. Gray Nicolls have a factory in India and a factory in England so tell me where would a company make there bats? I'm sure answer will be India because of cheap labour cost as oppose to UK where labour cost are quite high.

Secondly, Gray Nicolls have made few of Legends (Pro ones) in UK so that helps them say Legends are made in UK.

Hey CD, thats was aid with a bit of Jest..

my current impression of the cricket industry is as follow.

dont believe a word anyone says as none of its true
take it with a pinch of salt.
dont take life to seriously.

Hey CD, thats was aid with a bit of Jest..

my current impression of the cricket industry is as follow.

dont believe a word anyone says as none of its true
take it with a pinch of salt.
dont take life to seriously.

Certainly don't believe someone after paying 550 for a bat and getting a dud bat for it.
Not to mention, I was even sent pictures of the exact willow (9 grains) i was going to get which i thought was fantastic customer service only to receive a **** bat with 5 grains on a goddamn blade 950 which by the way is top of the line bat of the said range.
You go on and on about how much you know about ping only to give me a bat that pings like a tennis ball bat. Cover drive checked the ping of that damn bat before i sold it for 100. so it can't be that i am making it all up. cricketer13 will vouch for me too. he saw that bat. Where do you draw the line on hypocrisy?! sheesh!

Jason,
I've followed your posts here and elsewhere for a while. I want to offer some comments, for what they're worth, because I think you're worth encouraging.

Remember you posted this topic, basically as a free advert, so you should be considered not confrontational in reply to criticism.

Its great to have passionate retailers involved in forums, I'm sure its not lost on members here that you've become involved since the 3 page negative thread regarding your business - i think you've done well to make a contribution and hopefully restore consumer confidence.

reply5 is a harsh comment (in my opinion), the wood isn't perfect but looks fine, but if opinion differs, there's little point in getting all defensive about it.

Frankly, I can't believe the quality product available from the UK for the prices offered, H4L, Redback etc. All you can do is offer the best product at the best price you can afford to present to the market. The point has been well made regarding value, though when buying from overseas the consumer should/does also consider freight, taxes etc which means its often more economical to buy in your own back yard, the exception being Australia, which is expensive.

I agree, there's a complete lack of clarity in the cricket equipment manufacturing business, most consumers will be more persuaded by marketing than reality, hard core players and forum members being the exception.

Also, I've read elsewhere you saying you don't regard yourself as an expert, now you do? you're clearly a decent chap, savvy in social media. I've viewed all your reviews, its a great thing to do from a business perspective, however the clips are more a product introduction than a review, perhaps offer some more descriptive/informative comments - and please, please, please don't hawk up a gob full in anything you upload, that's most unpleasant viewing!

with respect, its probably better to tone down the 'expert' bit, because some of your posts, which are perfectly valid and good queries, do not fit into the expert category.

I apologize if some of the above sounds hard, but no one ever improved by getting their back patted all the time.

keep working hard, best of luck.

Last edited:
Oh extra cover drive. Nice to hear from you again. If there was any way to make you a happy customer trust me I would do it. But I think even if I could move a mountain I don't think you would be happy with it. Feel free to shoot me an email regardless and lets talk about it. There is nothing that I would like more than to once again make you a fan of what I'm trying to do for cricket here in the united states.

All I will say on the blade 950 issue is trust me, it was out of my hands and there was nothing I could do about it. It is for sure a thorn in my side and there it will probably be till the end of my days.

It really is good to hear from you.

On another note Vindico gloves got here today. Already sold a pair to Australia.

Jason,
I've followed your posts here and elsewhere for a while. I want to offer some comments, for what they're worth, because I think you're worth encouraging.

Remember you posted this topic, basically as a free advert, so you should be considered not confrontational in reply to criticism.

Its great to have passionate retailers involved in forums, I'm sure its not lost on members here that you've become involved since the 3 page negative thread regarding your business - i think you've done well to make a contribution and hopefully restore consumer confidence.

reply5 is a harsh comment (in my opinion), the wood isn't perfect but looks fine, but if opinion differs, there's little point in getting all defensive about it.

Frankly, I can't believe the quality product available from the UK for the prices offered, H4L, Redback etc. All you can do is offer the best product at the best price you can afford to present to the market. The point has been well made regarding value, though when buying from overseas the consumer should/does also consider freight, taxes etc which means its often more economical to buy in your own back yard, the exception being Australia, which is expensive.

I agree, there's a complete lack of clarity in the cricket equipment manufacturing business, most consumers will be more persuaded by marketing than reality, hard core players and forum members being the exception.

Also, I've read elsewhere you saying you don't regard yourself as an expert, now you do? you're clearly a decent chap, savvy in social media. I've viewed all your reviews, its a great thing to do from a business perspective, however the clips are more a product introduction than a review, perhaps offer some more descriptive/informative comments - and please, please, please don't hawk up a gob full in anything you upload, that's most unpleasant viewing!

with respect, its probably better to tone down the 'expert' bit, because some of your posts, which are perfectly valid and good queries, do not fit into the expert category.

I apologize if some of the above sounds hard, but no one ever improved by getting their back patted all the time.

keep working hard, best of luck.

Hey AWP.

thanks for your comments, they are taken as good positive comments and criticism. they are received as non confrontational and professional and not insulting. thats the way i like comments to be.

i agree sometimes i get a bit hot under the collar and thats my deal and something i need to deal with. thanks for that.

im not perfect and not a professional, but what is a professional anyway. lets be honest that some people are selling themselves as Pro/s when clearly they are not.

I do however feel i do have a distinct advantage over the average retailer in the way i sell my business, communicate with customers, fans and viewers. you are correct they are not as in-depth as i would like them to be, but unfortunately i cannot afford to write off every bat that comes into my store to take into the nets.

it is those negative / unreasonable comments like #5 that get my blood boiling as its totally off the charts. these guys are working hard to bring a quality product to the market and then get someone who doesn't have a clue discrediting them just gets me going.

So, i think in ending this topic now, thanks for your comments AWP, you have brought some sanity to this thread.

the willow looks very decent for the price and i honestly think the stickers look nice, they are minimal and are still noticable enough to know which company it is, if i see one of those bats out on the field i would definitely be interested in it.

Yeah for now they only have one option, but I'm expecting some custom options coming in the next few weeks a s well as some Pakistan / color / branded gloves from them. For the real die hard Pakistan and India fans.

Hey AWP.

it is those negative / unreasonable comments like #5 that get my blood boiling as its totally off the charts. these guys are working hard to bring a quality product to the market and then get someone who doesn't have a clue discrediting them just gets me going.

again i stand by my point. i fail to understand the value from this bat especially for any customer who does any research around the bats they buy. Essentially they are paying $350 for RNS bat (correct me if im wrong). doesnt make much marketing sense to me. its unfortunate that the truth makes your blood boil, apart from anger management books, maybe i can recommend a few good marketing books that can help you sort out these price/perception/value issues.

So if these are RNS bats, which profiles are they? In your opinion. Ive had a good nights sleep and am over getting upset about this. I'm not trying to sell you a bat, rather am interested in you opinion. Like I said yesterday, people are seeing the value. I've sold more bats for them this winter than they did all of last year. And so far have had zero negative feedback.

good one mate, but u should get used to facing criticisms and ignore them

@hammer;

bro, my sincere advice to you is:

1) you should be honest with the customers (Im not saying that youre not btw); one of the things that ticks me off is when bats are advertised at grade 7 or grade 1 +++ etc;

2) if you could do a "ping test" of some sort;

3) to show pictures of the exact bat that you are trying to sell on the website eg weight, grains, grade of willow, ping etc

PS let the baby know he's a cutie pie!!!!

Hello, in response to your questions.

Grading. I just advertise the grading that the companies give me, I don't make anything up as I'm going along.

Pics for bats... Very difficult as I'm getting in about 500 GM bats next week.

Back