No Sponsor for Micheal Clarke

six_and_out

Debutant
Runs
michael clarke as of day 1 test 2 has no bat sponsor. anyone heard anything about this?

His sponsorship contract must have ended I guess..:13::20:

Attachments

• 140846.jpg
    140846.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 500
Slazenger couldnt afford to renew his contract and I say that with 100% confidence.

GM Definetly wont be signing him as Watson is on sufficient enough funds.

I know Gray Nicolls are interested. Kookaburra id also expect to make an offer as they do for everyone and I have nothing to back it up but think Spartan may be interested too.

The smokey would be Puma, as they don't really have anyone, so they should have a fair bit to spend. But Kook and GN are the deffinate front runners. Mainly Kook as Ponting will retire soon, and with the signing of Bell, it would make them have Bell, De Villiers and Clarke. Another longshot would be GM, but for the money he is apprently asking, they would probably say no.

Gray Nic's went from having no one in the team, to having the top 3, which is likely to come down to 1 or 2, depending on whether Watson can get fit again and then comes straight back in, and if Marsh gets dropped. Problem for Marsh is that all FC cricket is on hold for the big bash league, where he hit 99* in his return from injury, but he can't go back to FC cricket to find some form, as test cricket isn't the place to be doing that.

Last edited:
Maybe it has something to do with the McGrath foundation!! Thats probably why his bat also has a pink grip on it...?

Slazenger couldnt afford to renew his contract and I say that with 100% confidence..

I also think this is true. MC wanted around $750k a year, but Slazenger weren't willing to pay that.

Last edited:
I also think this is true. MC wanted around $750k a year, but Slazenger weren't willing to pay that.

WOW - I wonder how much pakistani players get from BOOM BOOM - I am sure not even remotely close to that.

I can see Afridi fetching close to $250k a year but no more than that.

WOW - I wonder how much pakistani players get from BOOM BOOM - I am sure not even remotely close to that.

I can see Afridi fetching close to $250k a year but no more than that.

Definitely, I was once told Azhar Ali gets in four figures (Pounds Sterling) from Ihsan when he is playing in a test match, not sure how true this is.

Read this post by 02thoeva;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showpost.php?p=4447125&postcount=11

It makes sense if Clarke's rate have increased as he is captain now before he wasn't.

Maybe it has something to do with the McGrath foundation!! Thats probably why his bat also has a pink grip on it...?

Yes and no :).

Pink grip is to support McGrath Foundation in past Clarke have sported pink stickers to support McGrath Foundation :)

Here is a picture :);

GYI0059216665_crop_450x500.jpg

I remember I was once talking to Malik Zulfiqar (owner of MB Malik) and he said that when Ahmed Shahzad was with them, he got Rs. 50,000 for each fifty he scored and Rs. 100,000 for each century he made.

If Ahmed Shahzad earned that much then one can imagine how much Shahid Afridi and other top Pakistani players make.

02thoeva mate can you tell how much English Players got for sponsorship per year?

Odd that his contract expired in the new year, so he starts the Australian season with one sponsor and will probably end it with a different one!

189206-michael-clarke.jpg

Michael Clarke wielded a bat with no sponsorship decals on day one of the second Test after his deal with Slazenger ended. Picture: Mark Evans​

UNLIKE his heavily tattooed arms, skipper Michael Clarke arrived in the middle yesterday with a clean-skinned bat.

Clarke has been linked with Slazenger since he was 13, so had Pup and the batting giants parted ways?

Yes, says new manager James Erskine, who revealed last night: "We are negotiating with two or three companies, that's why he was using a clean skin with the McGrath (Foundation) stickers."

We wonder if the split with Slazenger coincided with Pup's recent break-up with long-time manager Chris White?

Bat sponsorships for captains can run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We're tipping it won't take long for a new mob to join forces with Pup.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket/bare-pup-bat-lures-sponsors/story-fn6reduj-1226236188320

Pups will be very expensive after today's test match, especially the way he has performed in this test match.

This performance will definitely get Pups a great deal.

won't take long to 251* and plenty of time to bat, that should of pushed his rate up a bit

Just imagine Michael Clarke using SS or SM Pintu Bat and softs! Will be an epic fail...:)):)))

Slazenger would have happily paid that 750K to have their bat sticker on a player with triple hundred score. GN has plenty of these in BCl, CG, MH.

Last edited:
regardless of how much money they have SM PINTU is a shocking name to have as your sponsor! lol

Just imagine Michael Clarke using SS or SM Pintu Bat and softs! Will be an epic fail...:)):)))

Unless SS or SG give him a ridiculous over the top offer (they can definitely do that if they want to) Clarke would try hard to avoid a subcontinent brand.

It doesnt sit well with the "CLARKE" Brand image! :danish

Bat sponsorship is only one part of the deal.

Also, unlike the subcontinent Captaincy in Aus is a huge deal - captains get lot of sponsorships. Certainly helped Ponting make $$$$. :akhtar

Your thoughts and mine match a lot...except from the times when you are thinking about hooking your friends with great bat deals. :moyo

Ufff abhi thak app nahi boholay?! ;-) :(

Waisay it is still unsold and friend didn't buy it :)

M.Clarke's demand might increase even more because of his form!

*MJ Clarke* not out 329 of 468 balls.:98:

Clarke's asking price is going to sky rocket after his knock at the SCG. I think Puma would look good on him imo, I can even see him branded all over by Adidas.

Slazenger really dropped the ball by releasing his contract. Even before his 329*, who wouldn't want a playerthat avgs 45 in test/odi and more importantly captains the Australian side??

Clarke's asking price is going to sky rocket after his knock at the SCG. I think Puma would look good on him imo, I can even see him branded all over by Adidas.

Slazenger really dropped the ball by releasing his contract. Even before his 329*, who wouldn't want a playerthat avgs 45 in test/odi and more importantly captains the Australian side??

I doubt Adidas would take him, Adidas have Sachin Tendulkar who get around 1.2 million USD if I'm not mistaken and KEvin Pietersen gets around 260,000 Pounds.

02thoeva can correct me if I'm wrong.

Clarke has a new manager looking after him. So this may also be a reason why his moved on and asking for a higher price/cricket brand

I personally think its silly as he gets plenty of income from other sponsors plus his cricket Australia contract which would be in the mid to high 100's of thousands.

I really hope more money is not the main motivator for him looking for a new company. This will make me dislike him even more

I really hope more money is not the main motivator for him looking for a new company. This will make me dislike him even more
Slazenger is a business, not a charity. Michael Clarke is a valuable commodity, and therefore is right to try and get as much value for his image as possible imo.

I doubt Clarke is motivated by money for the sake of accumulating or spending the funds but more as an indication of his value as a player/brand ambassador.

I expect he has benchmarked himself against other leading International players and feels Slazenger are coming up short. I don't think there is any bad blood with Slazenger as he is still wearing the softs without covering up the logos.

Step up Boom Boom there is an opening in the Australian marketplace. :afridi

mitchell johnson recently signed with them...this would make them a big company in sponsorships...two high profile players..now need to consolidate on the market with multiple domestic signings imo.

Australian Captain playing Tests & ODI gets over $1 million per year from Australian Cricket Board. (Could be more now)

You might think "how can be so greedy?", but honestly if it was you would you pass up $250k+ per year just for a bat sponsorship, he can only play professional cricket for so many years he should make as much money as he can an not have to be a phony "tow the broadcasters line" commentator that we see so much of.

Seriously most of these commentators have sold their dignity for a average wage.

That's a massive sponsorship for a relatively obscure company. Smacks of what led Woodworm into trouble.

I'm surprised by the budget Spartan has, as Sami said the company is not very big nor many people know much about them.

I'm sure this is good sign for Spartans but I don't like there stickers :yuck:

indeed the stickers aren't great but think of it quite a suitable sponsor because he is a leader and sparta was a kingdom so....
And I think clarke is doing this because if you can make more money withoud damaging performance go for it.

Back