Now Australia suddenly has 7 left-handers

Junaids

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Post of the Week
That is not a misprint.

Pakistan expected that Warner, Khawaja and Starc would be the only left-hand batsmen.

And suddenly you have to add Renshaw, Maddinson and Wade in the top seven.

And that means Pakistan needs to rethink the attack.

Abdul Qadir was awful in Australia in similar circumstances in 1982-83 - and at least he could turn it the other way.

Meanwhile at The Oval Pakistan eventually had to turn to Iftikhar, because Yasir's line left him unable to get LBW decisions to left-handers.

I never rate off-spinners in Australia. But suddenly circumstances are screaming for one.

There is a major problem with the quicks too.

Suddenly Sohail Khan is a liability who swings it the wrong way - and we have seen Latham and Raval find batting fairly easy against him.

The only two right-arm quicks I know who can move it away from left-handers are Mohammad Asif and Hasan Ali. I don't see how they can be left out now.

The requirements for Australia have changed massively now. Suddenly all the left-armers have the wrong angle, not the right angle.

The bowling attack selected for NZ simply won't work against Australia's army of left-handers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all get it. Asif and Ajmal are sorely needed for the Australian tour. Throw in Butt too if possible. There.

You make a good point.

And....we need Asghar not Ajmal.

WOuld love to have Hafeez if he clears his action. He's as good as they come against Lefties

Lol [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION], Pak goes with an unchanged squad

No right arm of spinner was selected so Babar and Asad should bowl some overs. Not ideal but when you are bowling to so many left handers an off spinner is required.

Last I heard Ajmal was still available and given the serious drought of off spinners in Pak I would think it would have been sensible to pick him. I wouldnt be surprised if we see the likes of Hafeez being added to the squad in case he clears his bowling test the results for which are expected anytime now.

That is not a misprint.

Pakistan expected that Warner, Khawaja and Starc would be the only left-hand batsmen.

And suddenly you have to add Renshaw, Maddinson and Wade in the top seven.

And that means Pakistan needs to rethink the attack.

Abdul Qadir was awful in Australia in similar circumstances in 1982-83 - and at least he could turn it the other way.

Meanwhile at The Oval Pakistan eventually had to turn to Iftikhar, because Yasir's line left him unable to get LBW decisions to left-handers.

I never rate off-spinners in Australia. But suddenly circumstances are screaming for one.

There is a major problem with the quicks too.

Suddenly Sohail Khan is a liability who swings it the wrong way - and we have seen Latham and Raval find batting fairly easy against him.

The only two right-arm quicks I know who can move it away from left-handers are Mohammad Asif and Hasan Ali. I don't see how they can be left out now.

The requirements for Australia have changed massively now. Suddenly all the left-armers have the wrong angle, not the right angle.

The bowling attack selected for NZ simply won't work against Australia's army of left-handers.

MAybe we should get Hafeez back, the king of spin against the Left Handed. But it seems Inzamam is sleeping and is going select the same squad.

Back