Nuns Harassed and forced off train in Uttar Pradesh

El Generico

Local Club Star
Runs
The police in Uttar Pradesh briefly detained four nuns from Kerala from a train in Jhansi district on allegations of forceful religious conversions, PTI reported on Wednesday. The incident has sparked a political controversy, with the Opposition accusing the Hindutva group Bajrang Dal of harassing the nuns on a false pretext.

The incident took place on March 19, when two nuns and two postulants belonging to the Sacred Heart convent under the Kerala-based Syro-Malabar Church, were travelling on the Utkal Express from Delhi to Rourkela in Odisha. The postulants were dressed in civilian clothes while the nuns were in their religious habits.

The postulants had joined the Sacred Hearts Congregation of the Delhi Province recently. Since they were travelling to their home in Odisha for the first time, the two nuns were accompanying them on the journey, according to The News Minute.

However, some Bajrang Dal members boarded the train from Rishikesh in Uttarakhand, and started to create a ruckus. They alleged that the nuns were taking away the youth to forcefully convert them to Christianity.

A purported video of the incident, which was widely circulated on social media, shows some men interrogating the postulants and forcing them to show their Aadhaar cards and other identity proof. “We work...for the Hindu samaj, we are from the Hindu sanstha,” one of the men can be heard saying in a video.

When one of the postulants told them that she was born a Christian and had not been forced into converting, the men accused the girl of lying. “Does this say you were born a Christian,” a man can be heard asking, as he waves the girl’s Aadhaar card in front of her. “This does not say you are a Christian.” The Aadhaar Act does not record the caste, religion or race of individuals to ensure that these demographics are not used to discriminate among citizens.

more on: https://scroll.in/latest/990426/up-...fter-bajrang-dal-alleges-forceful-conversions

UP should declare independence from India and create their own Hindu state. No need to pretend to be part of secular India.
Who the hell are these people to question someone's religion and the purpose of their travel?

UP should declare independence from India and create their own Hindu state. No need to pretend to be part of secular India.
Who the hell are these people to question someone's religion and the purpose of their travel?

They know they have the support of huge swathes of India, their boys the BJP were voted into power by the people of the nation. This sort of harassment will be quietly endorsed by many people who love Modi and venerate him as a god in secular India.

They know they have the support of huge swathes of India, their boys the BJP were voted into power by the people of the nation. This sort of harassment will be quietly endorsed by many people who love Modi and venerate him as a god in secular India.

This type of nonsense will not be allowed in South India. Only in the cow belt region, these incidents have become common. People seem to have accepted it as part of their lives which is scary.

Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Wednesday promised strict action against those responsible for the harassment of the four nuns.

“I want to assure the people of Kerala that the culprits behind this incident will be brought to justice at the earliest,” the BJP leader said while addressing an election rally in Kanjirappally district of the state. The state will vote on April 6.

:)))
Last thing he wanted while campaigning in Kerala.

[MENTION=133315]Hitman[/MENTION] how do you feel about stuff like this. Not taunting you. Serious question. It's ok if you don't feel like replying.

Every religion can live peacefully, but if they go actively converting others, people are not going to like it. Live and let live.

Why harass these poor women ..what harm could they possibly do?

Why are these stories more & more showing bullying of intersectionally disadvantaged people. I.e minority plus some other challenge like elderly or that kid who drank water at a temple.

It is not enough for them to just bully a minority which these dirty junglees outnumber 10 to 1 anyway. They must go after minority elders, and minority women , and minority children.

Is it so hard for these hyenas to face up to someone their own size ?

I read that these missionaries pay good money to lower caste hindus to convert them to Christianity where they are treated as equals. Sounds like a sweet deal to me. Religion is a personal choice. Government or some other org has no right to object as it's an individual choice.

Knew it'll happen in Bisht's state. UP was already a basket case, 4 years under Bisht has made it a total dustbin.

I read that these missionaries pay good money to lower caste hindus to convert them to Christianity where they are treated as equals. Sounds like a sweet deal to me. Religion is a personal choice. Government or some other org has no right to object as it's an individual choice.

Why does it happen successfully with poor Dalit Hindus but not people of other religion?

Why does it happen successfully with poor Dalit Hindus but not people of other religion?

Your question explains it all. Poverty. I am all for people who study religion and form proper opinions. But conversion by fake miracles is deplorable. Playing straight into the hands of Hindutva thugs.

A poor Muslim in Pakistan will not be spared by his neighbors if he converts. I am sure about that. Also, I believe you have to appear in court if you have to change religion from Islam to Christianity or Hinduism or Buddhism.

I believe it's because of the marginalization due to caste system for decades if not centuries. Based on the reports, the conversion comes with financial assistance along with a sense of belonging. What's not to like about it

Back