On This Day: August 30th, 2003 - Mohammad Hafeez scores his maiden Test century

Khabri420

Senior T20I Player
Runs
After Bangladesh had set Pakistan a target of 163 to chase at Peshawar, the task was made easy for Pakistan courtesy of Mohammad Hafeez and Taufeeq Umar's opening partnership of 140 runs.

Mohammad Hafeez finished the match unbeaten on 102, scoring his maiden Test century. Most importantly, Pakistan won the Test by 9 wickets.

Notably, Shoaib Akhtar also took his first 10-wicket haul in this very match

046183.jpg

Scorecard: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64044.html

On a side note, most of you may very well remember that the next Test in this series was played in Multan where Pakistan were on the verge of defeat, but Inzamam steadied the ship :)

Amazingly topical! I am hoping for him to increase that tally in the 2 series in UAE.

On This Day August 30th, 2003: Mohammad Hafeez scores his maiden Test century

This was the first Test series that I watched after coming to Germany.

he has a knack of century making centuries in late august.

Wow he has had a long career. :13:

He only played a few Test matches after that until he returned to the Test side after the Spot Fixing scandal.

Notably he played in the infamous Oval Test of 2006 and the 2006 home series against WI.

Although we can't play pace, bottle under crunch situations and a burden on team but despite knowing that our tweets start with Pakistan and end with Pakistan as we know this dramay baazi attracts Pakistanis and their emotions. Rather than stepping down and retiring in the better interest of team we are clever enough to know how things work.

Pakistan hai to sab kuch hai etc etc

Regards
Hafeez and Shoaib Malik

This is a funny headline: seems to imply first of many centuries

Think we are all very harsh on him in this forum. There was a time he was our best batsman. He’s not been great but he has helped win some games, including an all important knock against India in the champions trophy (yes that was ODI but he still made it)

what a player !! undoubtedly one of the best LOI players...has won a CT for Pakistan.

Back