Pakistan cannot win the ICC World Cup 2023 as they are not mentally and physically strong enough to defeat India, England, Australia and New Zealand

Because he sold the country for a few pounds because he was greedy *******

amir was above 20, he faked his age, everyone in pindi knows this. He was never a minor, had a fake age on the papers.
Amir first lied, he confessed when he knew there was no way out.
Well I ain't from pindi and I didn't know about the fake age thing.

Regardless I do know that amir was the first to confess and the whole no way out thing, butt and asif kept and kept denying way way longer then amir did.

On top of that amir straight up said how he was forced otherwise butt would boot him out and he had no way of confessing as asif would have supported butt. They were 2 senior players and amir couldn't go against them due to lack of credibility.

And butt even admits to amir's story, butt straight up said that he did the things that amir claimed.

Also I don't see anyone complaining about amir winning us the CT 2017 trophy. Dismissing a prime rohit, Dhawan and kholi straight up is a match winning spell. He also did really well against England in the semi final.

Because he sold the country for a few pounds because he was greedy.

amir was above 20, he faked his age, everyone in pindi knows this. He was never a minor, had a fake age on the papers.
Amir first lied, he confessed when he knew there was no way out.
I'm still confused.

You hate him because he's a fixer who won us a tournament in 2017 or you hate him because he's not willing to lick misbah's or babar's boot?

Either way, the whole selling your country thing no longer applies if he literally just won his country a cup, a cup so important that before the CT, We were seen as a Fodder minnow, ranked no 8 lol, pretty sure he restored honor to the country mate. We wouldn't have won the ct 2017 Cup without him, that is an irrefutable fact.

The selling your country stuff applies for the other cricketers, not only have they never won us anything, they've also been primarily involved. Amir wasn't involved.

Lastly 20's is still an extremely young age. I'm 20 lol and know full well I'm not immune to outside negative influences just because my minor tag dissipated a couple years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still confused.

You hate him because he's a fixer who won us a tournament in 2017 or you hate him because he's not willing to lick misbah's or babar's boot?

Either way, the whole selling your country thing no longer applies if he literally just won his country a cup, a cup so important that before the CT, We were seen as a Fodder minnow, ranked no 8 lol, pretty sure he restored honor to the country mate. We wouldn't have won the ct 2017 Cup without him, that is an irrefutable fact.

The selling your country stuff applies for the other cricketers, not only have they never won us anything, they've also been primarily involved. Amir wasn't involved.

Lastly 20's is still an extremely young age. I'm 20 lol and know full well I'm not immune to outside negative influences just because my minor tag dissipated a couple years ago.
He didnt win us champions trophy. Hassan ali and fakhar zaman did.

Thing is amir sold the country out

Last edited by a moderator:

Bro only vital wicket hasan Ali got was Ms Dhoni.

The other ashwin and bumrah at the back end were tailenders lol.

Getting the wickets of dhawan, Kohli and rohit at the early end of the innings pretty much crippled India. We'd properly have them 70 all put if it weren't for some pandya magic.

NZ were treating this more as a warm up

Pakistan were taking it much more seriously
Have to disagree in a serious game you will not see Agha bowling as much and Shaheen sitting out or Haris only bowling 4 overs. And Rizwan would never retire, Babar would not try a lofty shot in the same over he hit a 6, especially when he was in 80s and had plenty of overs to score. Bottom line is most batsmen.got ample opportunity to bat.

Not trying to take anything away from fakhar, but his century would be meaningless if kohli, wasn't dismissed early.

2016-2017 kohli was a different beast then he is today dominating 1st string Australia like no tmr.

In this era he was literally chasing down 350 to 360 totals like they were a walk in the park.

Have to disagree in a serious game you will not see Agha bowling as much and Shaheen sitting out or Haris only bowling 4 overs. And Rizwan would never retire, Babar would not try a lofty shot in the same over he hit a 6, especially when he was in 80s and had plenty of overs to score. Bottom line is most batsmen.got ample opportunity to bat.
No they did not

Not Saud got a fair amount of time. Iftikhar batted at 8, faced 3 balls

In a serious game Shadab would have bowled and Usama wouldn’t

And Shadab would go for 50-0 in 5 overs on this deck

Bro only vital wicket hasan Ali got was Ms Dhoni.

The other ashwin and bumrah at the back end were tailenders lol.

Getting the wickets of dhawan, Kohli and rohit at the early end of the innings pretty much crippled India. We'd properly have them 70 all put if it weren't for some pandya magic.
Bro hassan ali was the highest wicket taker of the tournament. He won player of the tournament. The reason we were in the final was cause of him.

Fakhar zaman destroyed india up front

Bro hassan ali was the highest wicket taker of the tournament. He won player of the tournament. The reason we were in the final was cause of him.

Fakhar zaman destroyed india up front
My point is, the whole CT was a team effort but amir's contributions in the final can't be denied especially if he got rid of india's top 3 which included Prime rohit, Dhawan and kohli who were leaps and bounds ahead of anyone at that point.

Fakhar did destroy India but credit also needs to be given to hafeez, he finished extremely well.

Amir, Hafeez and Fakhar were the best players that day. Their contributions can't just be thrown aside.

Well I ain't from pindi and I didn't know about the fake age thing.

Regardless I do know that amir was the first to confess and the whole no way out thing, butt and asif kept and kept denying way way longer then amir did.

On top of that amir straight up said how he was forced otherwise butt would boot him out and he had no way of confessing as asif would have supported butt. They were 2 senior players and amir couldn't go against them due to lack of credibility.

And butt even admits to amir's story, butt straight up said that he did the things that amir claimed.

Also I don't see anyone complaining about amir winning us the CT 2017 trophy. Dismissing a prime rohit, Dhawan and kholi straight up is a match winning spell. He also did really well against England in the semi final.
Amir did not play the Champions Trophy semi final what are you on about?

My point is, the whole CT was a team effort but amir's contributions in the final can't be denied especially if he got rid of india's top 3 which included Prime rohit, Dhawan and kohli who were leaps and bounds ahead of anyone at that point.

Fakhar did destroy India but credit also needs to be given to hafeez, he finished extremely well.

Amir, Hafeez and Fakhar were the best players that day. Their contributions can't just be thrown aside.
Ide add Azhar Ali to that list as well.

The only difference is that they are not getting paid secretly for it…
its normal in pak cricket.. all superstars do it... akram , salim malik, amir , asif , babar , shadab .. hopefully rizwan will stay away from this cheat culture

The people expecting us to win this WC are ridiculously overconfident I believe. 2003/2011 sides were stronger and couldn't what makes people believe this team will?

The people expecting us to win this WC are ridiculously overconfident I believe. 2003/2011 sides were stronger and couldn't what makes people believe this team will?
Not really look at sa and nz how many knockouts they have won in their history we have done pretty decent in world cups so i believe this team will do well in knockout games.

No they did not

Not Saud got a fair amount of time. Iftikhar batted at 8, faced 3 balls
Read the post I said most Iftikhar is the only batsman that did not and that too for some odd reason Shadab batted before him
. Babar and Rizwan needed longish batting as they are batting first time in India. Next game they should give opportunity to others to bat more.

In a serious game Shadab would have bowled and Usama wouldn’t

And Shadab would go for 50-0 in 5 overs on this deck
So that would mean after 5 overs he would go for even more as most teams hit the later overs more. When was last time Shadab conceded in excess of 100 runs? He is not bowling well for long time but he still would had been more threat than Nawaz was.

Nice read @Rana bro

Today the team’s ability to deal with pressure got put to task and they were all over the place

Pakistan have a good chance of beating England I feel.
Had New Zealand and England nailed qualification before the Pakistan games, you could have expected them to rest their key players in the last games of their groups against Pakistan, also not go in with full intensity

As it seems, only New Zealand will rest players by the end. England will be in survival mode themselves

They can win but this round robin format is not suited to their style of play.

This is where you need an inspirational captain that has charisma and and that aura of leadership to boost the team rather than go into every game like you have already lost.

It’s not the solution to all our problems but it makes a big difference

If opposition player is calling you timid, then that is a terrible sign.

England’s most likely defeats from now:

1. Australia
2. India
3. South Africa (50-50)

Another loss outside of these teams and England are running for 4th position and that too on nrr

Bangladesh also beat GOAT Australian team in Cardiff 2005.

That’s cricket
I know, but what you do not know is that Bangladesh also beat Pakistan in the 1999 WC.

Mindset is everything, and your OP reveals alot more. Such is the confidence from you that Pakistan will lose against all the teams you have mentioned.

i suppose when Pakistan do win against any of the teams in the OP, you will be declaring, that's cricket for you.

Sensible posts only or don't bother posting.

Read post#1 and answer that.

Honestly Rana, be yourself is what you can do right now.
Brother,

I understand your anger. I don’t blame you, I’ve been there before too when Pakistan have been in the dumps and people have used it as an opportunity to further infuriate the true fans. It’s not a pleasant time or phase.

Pakistan is my team. It’s the only team in the world that I invest my time and money for. I don’t book days off from work to watch other teams play, nor do I buy tickets to watch any other team play live.

Having dislike for certain elements of the team, structure and culture is part of the love one has for its family. Families have disagreements, but they always stay family. You can’t replace your biological mother, father, brother, sister, cousins, uncles with others that are not related to you in blood. But that doesn’t mean that you cannot fall out with them, have disagreements with them, start harbouring ill thoughts for them. It’s life, life teaches you many lessons. Life offers new perspectives with the passage of time and with the growth of maturity.

I don’t think I am being someone who I am not. It is who I am, I struggle to accept things that do not sit right with me within. As far as this article or essay is concerned, maybe this is something I have written with a positive tone towards Pakistan, not my usual blunt force driven narrative style.

What I have written is an honest assessment. I do regret not mentioning Rizwan’s number 4 position as a positive or negative, because I’d rather just let it be and not offend or appease anyone. Besides that, how can I be criticised for saying I ‘personally’ do not believe Pakistan is mentally or physically strong enough to defeat those 4 teams mentioned? I did also admit that I had the same personal feeling in 2019 for Pakistan against England, so I could well be wrong. It’s just a personal opinion, and it’s not supposed to be the overall narrative. I don’t hold that power, no one honestly holds the power to establish the complete narrative.

If every small thing, comment that doesn’t conform to how you would expect people to be offends you, then then you will always be hurting yourself time and time again mentally. It’s really not worth it. Take this honest advice from me if you wish,

Believe in something. Don’t care if others believe in you or not. Mark those whose strong views do not match yours about that subject, wait patiently. When your time comes, let them know! Wait for the right time, because your time will come if you truly believe it to be correct.

Brother,

I understand your anger. I don’t blame you, I’ve been there before too when Pakistan have been in the dumps and people have used it as an opportunity to further infuriate the true fans. It’s not a pleasant time or phase.

Pakistan is my team. It’s the only team in the world that I invest my time and money for. I don’t book days off from work to watch other teams play, nor do I buy tickets to watch any other team play live.

Having dislike for certain elements of the team, structure and culture is part of the love one has for its family. Families have disagreements, but they always stay family. You can’t replace your biological mother, father, brother, sister, cousins, uncles with others that are not related to you in blood. But that doesn’t mean that you cannot fall out with them, have disagreements with them, start harbouring ill thoughts for them. It’s life, life teaches you many lessons. Life offers new perspectives with the passage of time and with the growth of maturity.

I don’t think I am being someone who I am not. It is who I am, I struggle to accept things that do not sit right with me within. As far as this article or essay is concerned, maybe this is something I have written with a positive tone towards Pakistan, not my usual blunt force driven narrative style.

What I have written is an honest assessment. I do regret not mentioning Rizwan’s number 4 position as a positive or negative, because I’d rather just let it be and not offend or appease anyone. Besides that, how can I be criticised for saying I ‘personally’ do not believe Pakistan is mentally or physically strong enough to defeat those 4 teams mentioned? I did also admit that I had the same personal feeling in 2019 for Pakistan against England, so I could well be wrong. It’s just a personal opinion, and it’s not supposed to be the overall narrative. I don’t hold that power, no one honestly holds the power to establish the complete narrative.

If every small thing, comment that doesn’t conform to how you would expect people to be offends you, then then you will always be hurting yourself time and time again mentally. It’s really not worth it. Take this honest advice from me if you wish,

Believe in something. Don’t care if others believe in you or not. Mark those whose strong views do not match yours about that subject, wait patiently. When your time comes, let them know! Wait for the right time, because your time will come if you truly believe it to be correct.
Okay brother.

I will take your word for it.

Nothing offends me by the way, but when I regularly see self proclaimed Pakistan fans that do not even have the decency to praise Pakistan wins or players that perform towards wins, that's when questions must be asked.

I believe in Pakistan.

🤍 💚 🇵🇰 (y)

Okay brother.

Nothing offends me by the way, but when I regularly see self proclaimed Pakistan fans that do not even have the decency to praise Pakistan wins or players that perform towards wins, that's when questions must be asked.

I believe in Pakistan.

🤍 💚 🇵🇰 (y)
Think of it like this,

Fans who you think wanted Pakistan to lose do not congratulate Pakistan when they win because they simply are cowards within. Just leave it at that.

I’ll tell you something honestly. I really didn’t want Pakistan to win the 2022 wc game against South Africa. I was sick and tired of the Riz-Bar + Shan Masood ‘paint dry’ top 3 tactic. As I said, it just doesn’t sit right with me that these 3 players are top 3 players in a T20 side. I wanted Pakistan to lose and pay the price of being stubborn because of Babar’s limited view on cricket and protecting friendships.

But Muhammad Harris’s innings when those top 3 frauds (yes I call them t20 frauds) failed beat that love of Pakistan cricket and the will for them to win right back into me. That’s the power these players hold. They can make you love or hate something with their performances. Those who do not like Pakistan’s squad right now or their approach, their hearts can be won again with unreal performances by individuals. Maybe a blistering innings like Mendis v Pakistan, or Rohit v Pakistan or Gurbaz v England. Such performances pull back those who were drifting away.

We have see a couple of really big upsets in the last few days in this World Cup with Afghanistan beating England and we just saw Netherlands win over South Africa so we can't be sure which team can beat which one. With Pakistan team, you can never be certain. They did very good run chase against Sri Lanka and then their batting line failed in the next match against India. I think Pakistan going to win at least 2 of these games and make it to the semifinals.

Too much babar and rizzu obsession. @Rana Was correct on rizzu, imam, nawaz and all these guys blocking cricket.

His analysis was spot on 🫡

Okay brother.

I believe in Pakistan.

🤍 💚 🇵🇰 (y)
You better do after today's loss, if they need to crawl to the semis.

Seems you missed Afghanistan in that list!

Although a win against England is very much possible.

Seems you missed Afghanistan in that list!

Although a win against England is very much possible.
Pakistan beat them 3-0 at home with no pressure of a World Cup

I did say Pakistan won’t win all 4 matches against NL, SL, AFG and Bang

I find it funny their so many shocked about the performance. Like I'm still hearing we were no 1, how could we lose?

This was so obvious that I question if people are blind or arrogant.

The defeat against afg was a long time coming. No more naseem to bail you out

Pakistan beat them 3-0 at home with no pressure of a World Cup

I did say Pakistan won’t win all 4 matches against NL, SL, AFG and Bang
Theirs also the factor of confidence. Afg werent confident at all in the first game.

In the 2nd game they fought but due to farooqi chocke they lost as well as naseem having a mental affect on afg in general and in the 3rd game they were mentally drained after the loss.

Afg were mentally drained this world cup too and were losing, the England game gave them the belief that they can beat anyone so they didn't back down against Pakistan. Also no more farroqi and naseem were even more of a confidence booster since naseem had the mental effect on afg, their players just went into a shell for some reason.

In this game, they were ready to attack and Pakistan had frankly thrown in the towel after India and Australia game. Match was over before the first ball was even bowled.

I'm not sure about physically.

But a few things are issues:

Lack of fitness
Poor preparation
Poor captaincy
Defensive and timid approach
Stubborn way of batting
Selfish attitude
Stats and averages and rankings put ahead of team requirements

Lack of fitness
Poor preparation
Poor captaincy
Stubborn way of batting
Selfish attitude
Physically 100%. Even if the > things you mentioned were correct, India is at full strength with 3 atg's playing and are at home ground

We could have had a prime fakhar, A blossomed saim ayub, a full force babar as well as the strongest players and top scorers and wicket takers from our domestic playing and I still don't see us beating 2023 India.

This Indian team is the strongest I've ever seen in the last decade. Even stronger them 2011 India.

Lack of fitness
Poor preparation
Poor captaincy
Stubborn way of batting
Selfish attitude
I think we have to admit that we arent very good. You can get rid of all these players and put in another 11 and they will be just as useless. There is no easy fix, infact there is no fix-its a structural problem with the PCB and our cricketing culture based around the views of thick ex players. The World of cricket has moved on and we are stuck as country and as a cricketing power. In the past,We relied heavily on Natural talent but our players are barely better than the Dutch. In 4 years time there will be another failure, and then the same in 2031. And Here is also some more news for you, we arent going to be in SFs in the World T20s and it will be pretty much like this.

Lack of fitness
Poor preparation
Poor captaincy
Stubborn way of batting
Selfish attitude
Saj, agree with most of your points but I believe the role of obnoxiously venomous/agenda-driven media and ex-cricketers of PAK can't be excluded. Unfortunately, for the right or wrong reasons, these players get scrutinized left, right, and center by everyone. Even if they don't watch/read news from Pak, it is going to have an impact on their mental health which in turn may affect their performance.

It's a skills issue. Need to remember that PAK were ranked #5 before they smashed NZ missing Boult/Phillips/Conway etc . 4-1 to get to #1 ranking.

#5 is a truer reflection of this team's abilities . Nothing to do with physical strength. Mental strength is needed for KO's.

This team, even with Naseem, is probably not skilled enough to make semis.

Pakistan will lock horns with England and New Zealand in remaining 2 matches. After victory today against Bangladesh will give them confidence and Fakhar Zaman is back in form. Some good signs for PCT.

Not even close to other big teams when it comes to the mental game.

While talking to reporters Pakistan Fielding Coach Aftab Khan Said:

"In our culture, fielding isn't given as much importance. With just fifteen minutes of fielding practice, we can't compete with the world's top teams like Australia, New Zealand, India, and even Afghanistan, who are better than us in fielding. We need to give fielding the same attention as batting and bowling,"

"Previous coaches have also worked with these players, and I have been working with them for three to four months now. It's hoped that fielding issues will be resolved soon. However, it's essential to work on this at the grassroots, domestic, and academy levels because other teams are improving rapidly while we're struggling with the basics,"

"Our domestic culture doesn't prioritise fielding as much, but what we do at the international level should also be done at the domestic level. I have been working closely with them for three to four months on how fielding should be, what the throw should be like, how to catch, and how to take catches,"

"Catches can be dropped by anyone; even great fielders like Herschelle Gibbs have dropped catches. Usama Mir dropped a catch but later took some excellent catches. Sometimes, it is costly."

Very detailed from Rana. I agree with the point regarding NRR. We often neglect these small aspects but in a tight group makes a huge difference. We took 40 overs to chase 190 vs Bangladesh in the Asia Cup.

Overall I won't make any predictions but Naseem's injury has reduced the expectations on us.
Looks like NRR will cost PAK once again. Although this time I blame PAK new ball bowlers and spinners for this miserable outcome.

Allowing Afghans to chase 280 + on a Chennai pitch was atrocious.

Almost beat South Africa and defeated NZ but no one expected a loss to Afghanistan.

5. Lack of killer instinct/game awareness/intent

A lot of talk about becoming a dominating and aggressive side. Teams announced 24 hours prior to the match as a sign of confidence, but the application on the pitch is underwhelming as of now. 193 runs were chased in ‘our own time’ by the batsmen against Bangladesh. If Sri Lanka didn’t beat us in the game, NRR most certainly would have knocked Pakistan out of the tournament. Like it did in 2019 and could have done on many other occasions. Pakistan have the choice of wether they want to continue with this approach of neglecting NRR and just doing whatever it takes and however long it takes to win a game, only for it to come back and bite you in the backside…or actually stay alert and vigilant for once and get things done like a champion team would. In particular:

If you bowl out an opposition cheaply, try getting the runs as soon as possible.

If you are batting first against a lesser side (according to your understanding), look to bat them out of the game and then skittle them out cheaply with the ball.

If you end up facing a mammoth total against a good bowling attack, do whatever you can to stay at the crease for as long as possible to close out the deficit once it becomes clear that the total will be out of your reach.

For once, NRR and basic game awareness cannot be left for granted. Wasting reviews because of immature, selfish bowlers cannot also be a thing.
It was forewarned

We never change

Almost beat South Africa and defeated NZ but no one expected a loss to Afghanistan.

To be honest, the loss to Afghanistan has been in the cards for a couple of years. I knew it was coming. They ran you guys close quite a few times in the past and recently they even defeated you the first time before the World Cup. World Cup happening in Bharat where the Afghans have established their cricketing home and where the crowd support would also be in their favour vs Pakistan was always going to be the perfect place for the Afghans to beat Pakistan and they did. The Jagger of defeat was surprising, I thought it would be close.

There are a lot of problems in this team. Mental weakness, no spinner, the approach of scoring 280 290 won't work anymore. Captain needs to go. T20 specialist should be sent back to t20 format, not needed in odis and tests.

The team sent for the ODI World Cup 2023 was a T20 team. Those players have no idea about the longer format of the game, except Babar, Rizwan, and Shaheen.

We are a mighty side in T20s, considering our success in previous T20 tournaments. However, in ODIs and Tests, we are below average. We need to form an entirely different squad for ODIs and Tests.

The team sent for the ODI World Cup 2023 was a T20 team. Those players have no idea about the longer format of the game, except Babar, Rizwan, and Shaheen.

We are a mighty side in T20s, considering our success in previous T20 tournaments. However, in ODIs and Tests, we are below average. We need to form an entirely different squad for ODIs and Tests.
Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen?

What exactly did they do when Pakistan needed them to come through?

These 3 players are billed as the Hogan, Nash and Scott Hall of Pakistan cricket in the past 4 years. They have been the core of the WORST EVER World Cup campaign in the history of Pakistan cricket

Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen?

What exactly did they do when Pakistan needed them to come through?

These 3 players are billed as the Hogan, Nash and Scott Hall of Pakistan cricket in the past 4 years. They have been the core of the WORST EVER World Cup campaign in the history of Pakistan cricket

Babar, Rizwan, and Shaheen consistently play test cricket for Pakistan and have good records. All they need to do is stop thinking about leadership and focus on their actual abilities.

Babar, Rizwan, and Shaheen consistently play test cricket for Pakistan and have good records. All they need to do is stop thinking about leadership and focus on their actual abilities.
Rizwan has been dropped in Test cricket. He will continue to fail against proper teams in this format. He can always stat pad against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka to make it look like he belongs at this level, but he truly doesn’t.

Until we are not honest with ourselves as a cricket nation, we will continue to remain in this rut that we have found ourselves in.

What other options do we have for ODIs and tests other than rizwan?

You may say, Sarfaraz. Ok i agree he is good for test. But he is not long race horse for ODIs

You may say, Sarfaraz. Ok i agree he is good for test. But he is not long race horse for ODIs
Haris. You need to groom him.

It takes years to develop players my dude.

Rizwan didn't fall from the sky, he was a failure from 2015 to 2019 before the aus series.

Adam gilchrist was a failure in his first few odi games. If he was born in Pakistan he'd be dropped for good.

It's this mentality that causes us to be narrow minded.

The whole we cannot move on from rizwan because he's the best.

Bhai he's the best due to the longest rope, and blocking pathways for youngsters.

Despite the longest rope possible he remains medicore.

Bro respectfully disagree.

Sarfraz can easily fit into both the ODI and T20 team.

We need proper middle order batsmen who can tackle spin and score consistently at a run a ball. For such a job, Sarfraz is the perfect player. A busy batsmen who can properly assess any situation and take them game from there.

His brilliant captaincy and keeping is just an added bonus

Bro respectfully disagree.

Sarfraz can easily fit into both the ODI and T20 team.

We need proper middle order batsmen who can tackle spin and score consistently at a run a ball. For such a job, Sarfraz is the perfect player. A busy batsmen who can properly assess any situation and take them game from there.

His brilliant captaincy and keeping is just an added bonus
The correct grammar for your statement would be:

Sarfaraz is arguably a good wicket keeper batter, and his services for Pakistan are remarkable. But considering his age, we can't look at him for the long term. We need someone who is available for Pakistan for long term

Back