Pakistan have plenty of time to regroup before the 1st Test in Brisbane

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
So almost 16 days after end of the 2nd Test in Hamilton but here is the scary thing - and I am hoping someone can correct me.

There is NO warm-up game before that!

What exactly is the plan now? I am really concerned.

very scary indeed.

Our batsmen need to really utilize this final innings in NZ to improve batting. Especially the openers who have failed miserably in the past 3 innings.

I won't be surprised to see Aslam getting dropped and getting replaced by Sharjeel in Aus, especially if the wicket has bounce.

Younis also need to show his class on difficult tracks and trickey situations. He has a great 4th innings average so we can always count on him.

Babar should continue his form

Asad Shafiq is low on confidence and needs to spend ample time on the crease but i really hope he doesn't get a chance to bat today.

Nope.

Because the same pathetic squad has been selected.

very scary indeed.

Our batsmen need to really utilize this final innings in NZ to improve batting. Especially the openers who have failed miserably in the past 3 innings.

I won't be surprised to see Aslam getting dropped and getting replaced by Sharjeel in Aus, especially if the wicket has bounce.

Younis also need to show his class on difficult tracks and trickey situations. He has a great 4th innings average so we can always count on him.

Babar should continue his form

Asad Shafiq is low on confidence and needs to spend ample time on the crease but i really hope he doesn't get a chance to bat today.

Sharjeel, another sitting duck.

Why are there no practice games in both of these tours? What is wrong with PCB?

Pakistan should have just played ODI and T20 series against WI. Test series was boring and pointless.

Why are there no practice games in both of these tours? What is wrong with PCB?

Pakistan should have just played ODI and T20 series against WI. Test series was boring and pointless.

Bro possible that schedule not been published yet so I would hang-fire on that.

Apologies for saying this so candidly but looking at Pakistan's performances in New Zealand I would expect them to get whitewashed in Australia to be honest, particularly with the first Test being at the Gabba where Australia rarely seems to even draw let alone lose.

Last edited:
PCB are an unbelievable organisation. The preparation for the England tour was the template for how we should prepare for every tour outside Asia. Of course there are scheduling limitations but preparation is key for a team that's had such little exposure to conditions outside Asia in the last 5 years.

Why organise a three Test series with the West Indies in UAE, when two would've sufficed, leaving us little preparation time for the New Zealand tour ? Why no contingency plans for the only practice match arranged knowing this is a particularly wet season in New Zealand ? Could they not have asked for an alternative venue for the tour match knowing there was bad weather ?

And now we head into Australia, a place where we haven't seriously competed since the late frickin' 1970s, with one measly warm-up match arranged in Cairns where we have a day-night tour match vs a CA XI between Dec 8-10.

PCB are an unbelievable organisation. The preparation for the England tour was the template for how we should prepare for every tour outside Asia. Of course there are scheduling limitations but preparation is key for a team that's had such little exposure to conditions outside Asia in the last 5 years.

Why organise a three Test series with the West Indies in UAE, when two would've sufficed, leaving us little preparation time for the New Zealand tour ? Why no contingency plans for the only practice match arranged knowing this is a particularly wet season in New Zealand ? Could they not have asked for an alternative venue for the tour match knowing there was bad weather ?

And now we head into Australia, a place where we haven't seriously competed since the late frickin' 1970s, with one measly warm-up match arranged in Cairns where we have a day-night tour match vs a CA XI between Dec 8-10.

Spot on.

Sadly the talent nowadays is less than before therefore we need more time to acclimatise.

PCB is 50% responsible for NZ debacle.

The whole test series against WI was a waste of time. Nothing useful came out of that series.

The whole test series against WI was a waste of time. Nothing useful came out of that series.

How can you say that with a straight face after shelling a test match to them?

How can you say that with a straight face after shelling a test match to them?

That's what I said - the test series was useless.

Pakistan lost points by losing a test to a low ranked team.
The conditions in the UAE were completely different from those in NZ and Australia.
No new potential players for overseas tours were tried.
There was zero fan interest in that series.

Back