Pakistan v Australia | 1st ODI | 29 March, 2022 | Lahore | Australia innings

This is why Babar is a dumb captain. Spinners are doing well. Stick with them instead of bringing back your mate Hasan Ali who is garbage.

Zahid Mahmood gets Carey

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/5ma7gu" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Silly tactics from Babar. Spinners were doing well. Instead of turning back to Hassan Ali he should have given the ball to Iftikhar who is more economical. Hell I would even try Saud for a few overs.

imam made that look way harder than it actually was. totally mistimed the jump

imam should just be dropped based on his pathetic fielding.

Babar is a poor captain.

He is on course for bowling the worst bowler in this game 10 overs, Rauf (Your best pacer in this game) won't be able to bowl more than 8 and you missed the trick of bowling 4 overs of iftikhar in the middle overs who was also bowling economically well.

Hasan has been awful in white call cricket for a long time Babar can’t see that same old friendship selections.

Even though Australia are playing their bench players, their bench bowlers are actually quite okay (better than their bench batsmen).

So... Haris and Wasim, both of whom have bowled better than Hassan, will not complete their quota of overs? What am I missing here?

Last edited:
We believe in Hasan Ali believe in him getting phainty every match would be spot on.

Next up we believe in Imam playing slow innings to lose us matches.

Pathetic captaincy. Haris should have bowled 46th over.

We should stop playing cricket if Australia win this series 3-0 which is very much possible

78 runs from last 16 overs. bowlers have brought inns back here.

Hasan, Wasim Jr etc are not international level bowlers. They should have picked someone else.

So... Haris and Wasim, both of whom have bowled better than Hassan, will not complete their quota of overs? What am I missing here?

Memon: "Rauf should have bowled his full quota of overs. He's been the best among all. Poor captaincy!"

espncricinfo agrees with you :wy

Wicket has become slower and lower and scoring got harder. Will be interesting to see if the wicket speeds up with dew.

Its not a difficult target to chase on this wicket, just need to capitalise in the powerplay

Memon: "Rauf should have bowled his full quota of overs. He's been the best among all. Poor captaincy!"

espncricinfo agrees with you :wy

I think that not letting your top bowlers bowl their full quota is the most rookie mistake a captain can make. It is basic calculation - how can you get that wrong?

But these days nothing Babar does as a captain surprises me.

Really Brainless captaincy to not bowl out your best paceman in this game. Embarrasing school boy error.

I think that not letting your top bowlers bowl their full quota is the most rookie mistake a captain can make. It is basic calculation - how can you get that wrong?

But these days nothing Babar does as a captain surprises me.

You have world class tacticians in captaincy as Kane Williamson. And then you have this. Out of all your bowlers today that you wanted to him to bowl 10 overs, it was Haris Rauf.

Waseem is just as bad as Hasan and he will bowl the final over. Genius captaincy from Babar.

Babar isn’t captaincy material neither does he have an aggressive mindset can’t see progress under him low ranked Pakistan in tests and ODIs for some time yet.

You have world class tacticians in captaincy as Kane Williamson. And then you have this. Out of all your bowlers today that you wanted to him to bowl 10 overs, it was Haris Rauf.

Waseem is just as bad as Hasan and he will bowl the final over. Genius captaincy from Babar.

Like... it just baffles me. These kinds of decisions don't even require you to be a genius or something. It is basic math! Come on, Babar :facepalm:

Interesting chase coming against weaker Australia attack with Imam Rizwan Saud in the top 5 a lack of power means we are already behind the game in high scoring games.

Back