Pakistan v New Zealand | 1st T20I | Rawalpindi | April 18 | Pre-Match Discussion

Which side will win the 1st T20I game?

• Total voters
Bro, Naser Hussain and other commentators already revealed why Warner and Kane weren't selected. The issue with Warner was availability, they weren't sure if he'd be available for the whole season which is why they don't want to waste 100k on a player who won't play the entire thing.

Kane missed out due to being injury prone and being at risk of not playing the whole season.

As for Roy, that I do not know, nor was it explained, but it's likely due to poor form.

It is relevant though, in the 1st t20, we true fans do NOT want Babar and rizwan to play, because its a c string side and we don't want a repeat of everyone going goo goo ga ga when they perform but making out of form excuses for when the world cup happens and they fail in the super 8 stages, with more memes of Them being crowned as Muhammad Canada and USA E Azam.

The fact they weren't selected for the hundred just proves that these 2 aren't the big dawgs that certain fans think they are.

And okay first game gets washed out? And? We have 4 more games for them to stat pad and fool the nation.
Don't worry Babar and Rizwan are not gonna open I am sure.

Don't worry Babar and Rizwan are not gonna open I am sure.
They will, One of them will 100%. But very likely both of em will eventually.

Saim will fail one game and they'll use that as an excuse to reestablish the opening partnership while pushing saim at 3 or 4.

Fast bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi’s availability for the first two matches of the upcoming five-match T20I series against New Zealand hanged in the balance as he strived to fine-tune his bowling pace after a training session in Kakul.

The sources close to the development disclosed that the left-arm pacer’s availability for the initial two matches is not sure so far.

Source: The News International

Rawalpindi is the worst venue in Pakistan. Why do PCB even bother with this place?

i am happy, because now i am glad he wont get IPL contract.

The IPL contract would probably be worth around $400k, for 3 months. He can make up for that by playing in franchise leagues throughout the year.

If you're going to rest Shaheen from the first few T20s, then might as well rest Babar & Rizwan from those games. Right new combination, new players & new leadership.

Captain Azam must ensure there's a rotation policy in place for this series.

Rizwan
Saim
Babar
Usman Khan
Fakhar Zaman
Azam Khan
Imad Wasim
Amir
Abrar Ahmed
Zaman Khan
Wasim Jnr

No need to play Shaheen,Naseem it should be straight shoot out between Wasim Jnr and Zaman Khan.

Pakistan and New Zealand practice

BcUkYvp.png

djVAKJY.png

bJRcwzt.png

SksXRij.png

(On question of SSA missing first two T20s)

Azhar Mehmood, the current Head Coach of team Pakistan answered some interesting questions in his press conference today
:

(On question of SSA missing first two T20s)

"Well Shaheen is completely fit not injured so I have also heard this news that he may skip the first two games. But I have heard this from media not came from our side"

(On question pertaining to who will open the batting for Pakistan)

"Any player could play at any position and we are supposed to bring that flexibility into the side. I believe in the T20 format you need to settle on your top 3 slots, have a clarity of roles regarding them but besides that there needs to be a flexibility within the team"

(On trolls regarding facing New Zealand B or D team)

"The New Zealand board has sent their best talent to Pakistan. Obviously if you observe their stats they don't have much international exposure but these guys do possess a rich domestic experience . So it's a great chance for these New Zealand players too to perform well and grab the slots in the T20 World Cup 2024 squad. I believe no side in T20 could be reckoned as weak and the New Zealand team has sent their best talent for the series in Pakistan"

(On Pakistan chances in T20 WC 2024)

"I think you can never write off Pakistan team in the T20 format. Especially the depth and strength of the current squad is something very special but there is always room for improvement and I as a coach is looking into our short comings in the batting and bowling department"

"Any player could play at any position and we are supposed to bring that flexibility into the side. I believe in the T20 format you need to settle on your top 3 slots, have a clarity of roles regarding them but besides that there needs to be a flexibility within the team"
So what’s the settled top 3 according to him?

This is exactly what Misbah, Saqlain, Mickey and Hafeez have done.

2 players have always been a part of that top 3 in 90% of games since 2020. So what exactly is Pakistan going to do different now??

One huge positive of this series is that teams are frequently touring Pakistan now , well done concern authorities. Pakistan team management should take a leaf out of IPL book and focus on making someone like Sunil Narine , 12/1 in 1st over for T20 cricket is no big goal if the project fails

What are your views on Shadab and Shaheen scoring 50’s in PSL?
Someone got hurt after stating a fact about India again. I have said Psl is a rubbish league
Shaheen is a tail ender. As for shadab he has multiple fifties in international levels narine hasn't even come close to scoring a 50 at international level.

Someone got hurt after stating a fact about India again. I have said Psl is a rubbish league
Shaheen is a tail ender. As for shadab he has multiple fifties in international levels narine hasn't even come close to scoring a 50 at international level.
So tailenders can score runs in IPL…

PSL is a rubbish league…

What is a world class league?

So tailenders can score runs in IPL…

PSL is a rubbish league…

What is a world class league?
League cricket is rubbish. For you IPL may be better than international as being an Indian cheerleader. for proper fans it will be international cricket.

League cricket is rubbish. For you IPL may be better than international as being an Indian cheerleader. for proper fans it will be international cricket.
Why so angry?

It’s just cricket. If Pakistan were on OK terms with India, their players would play IPL too. No need to be so angry about it.

The initial matches of Pakistan’s home T20I series against New Zealand could be affected by rain in Rawalpindi.

The first three matches of the series will take place in Rawalpindi, where rain is expected throughout this week.

According to The Weather Channel, on April 18, when the first T20I is scheduled, the chance of rain is 30 percent during the day and 80 percent at night.

There is also 65 percent chance of rain on April 20, which is the day of the second T20I.

However, the chance of rain on April 21, when the third T20I is set to take place, is considerably less at 21 percent.

Why so angry?

It’s just cricket. If Pakistan were on OK terms with India, their players would play IPL too. No need to be so angry about it.
Ah yes I will change my opinion based on Pakistanis being allowed.

You would be hoping that Aamir makes Pakistan win the WC but bhai Babar is the captain and he'll get a lot of credit if Pak emerge as champions. How do you deal with this conundrum?
If Pakistan wins I'll be happy. Its a team game, Amir is only as effective as his captain that utilises him effectively.

If Pakistan win the cup then full credit to babar, ofcourse their will always be elements of luck in cups, same as case for sarfraz, imran Khan, pat Cummings etc, but if babar wins credit is due.

The way Imad Wasim got bowled is a worrying sign for Pakistan :ROFLMAO:

I actually enjoy these videos. These I don't mind as it's the team having fun and getting along and creating a good vibe for a tour.

I hated those cake videos celebrating stupidity and that akshay kumar video where horror music was played and everyone was saying Hum bhoot bari atei hain

League cricket is fun though. Its kinda why people love football league matches more then international.

International is only fun for tournaments.

He'll have to perform in clutch games against top teams. He's a glorified minnow basher. That's the thing.
He has improved his game a lot and is consistently performing in bigger events too. I am sure he will surprise us all in this World Cup.

He has improved his game a lot and is consistently performing in bigger events too. I am sure he will surprise us all in this World Cup.
That's what everyone says before a world cup.

I'd be a billionaire if someone paid me 10 dollars everytime I heard the words insert phrase

Babar has really improved against spin.

Azam Khan has been working on his fitness and has improved his power game

Chacha has been working hard and really improved his game

Imam has been working hard and has improved his issues with the shortball

Shan masood is the most improved cricketer in the past year.

Pak team should not be playing each match on this series like the WC final and should give the new players more chances and see what they're made of. I don't like when Babar and all other established player don't give themselves a break against a touring B team . Babar and Rizwan just love to improve their stats against weaker teams.

Rain might be playing spoil party in the 1st game. So much discussion will go to waste if happens. Hope that I am wrong.

Babar has no poker face. It’s clear that in this meeting he is being forced to make decisions that go against his Dosti Yaari/all or nothing ethos. His face says it all.

C9EBC151-7FD6-498A-B178-8C20A8221463.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Saim
2. Fakhar
3. Babar
4. Usman
5. Shadab
6. Azam
7. Imad
8. Amir
9. Abrar
10. Shaheen
11. Naseem

As long as we don't select rizwan than it should be an easy series win. All I can hope for is Babar continues to expose himself and is thrown out for Saud/Omair in the next series

1. Saim
2. Fakhar
3. Babar
4. Usman
5. Shadab
6. Azam
7. Imad
8. Amir
9. Abrar
10. Shaheen
11. Naseem

As long as we don't select rizwan than it should be an easy series win. All I can hope for is Babar continues to expose himself and is thrown out for Saud/Omair in the next series
Don't you want Babar Azam to play well and help win the WC for Pakistan? I know omair yousuf is as good as ABD but still ..

Can't control the weather. This is why i dislike pindi. I'd prefer the game to complete in an empty stadium.
Pindi is a terrible venue. Highly overrated by PCB and sections of the fans.

-unpredictable weather

-Bad light issues during Test matches

-Pathetic, placid tracks

-Ugly, outdated stands

-Small boundaries

If an SENA team tries, they can smash 550 at this venue in the Champions Trophy, unless the ICC doesn’t take control of the wickets.

How's the weather like? I heard that rain is expected. Are we going to see a couple of washouts?

But if rizwan outperforms him then it will break hearts of so called Pakistani fans who are in reality indian fans.
Idk about others, but I've openly claimed I'm an Australian fan and do not support the current Pakistan team, I more or less just make fun of em since I refuse to support a non gelled team. I will support the team once we go back to our 1996, 2011, 1992, and 2017 ways. Even if we go back to our 2009 ways idk if I wanna support cause YK wasn't exactly a good role model, good captain but eh.

Also the chances of rizwan succeeding are higher considering usman khan won't be opening, Stat pad time incoming.

Knowing Pakistan they'll make usman bat at no 5 lol.

Tomorrow is a big day for Babar and Pakistan. Babar's decisions and particularly the approach towards the playing XI, his position and the game will determine a lot of things.

Ideally Babar should bat at no. 3. But even if he opens then Rizwan shouldn't open with him. If we see Rizwan and Babar opening combination again, then it will say a lot about Babar and the team management's approach towards the WT20.

Tomorrow is a big day for Babar and Pakistan. Babar's decisions and particularly the approach towards the playing XI, his position and the game will determine a lot of things.

Ideally Babar should bat at no. 3. But even if he opens then Rizwan shouldn't open with him. If we see Rizwan and Babar opening combination again, then it will say a lot about Babar and the team management's approach towards the WT20.
Babar and rizwan opening will return eventually, they just need an excuse for saim to fail

Half of Babar’s press conference is uploaded

Looks like he is going to shirk away from the responsibility of playing in the middle, as he clearly stated that Usman Khan, Irfan Niazi, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan will be used for these roles.

He said that the top 4 will have its role and these guys will have their role…

So that means Babar, Rizwan, Saim and Fakhar will be top 4, and then it’s those players he mentioned specifically

Half of Babar’s press conference is uploaded

Looks like he is going to shirk away from the responsibility of playing in the middle, as he clearly stated that Usman Khan, Irfan Niazi, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan will be used for these roles.

He said that the top 4 will have its role and these guys will have their role…

So that means Babar, Rizwan, Saim and Fakhar will be top 4, and then it’s those players he mentioned specifically
My prediction of usman batting at no 5-7 will come true eventually

Babar and rizwan opening will return eventually, they just need an excuse for saim to fail
He said things will be clear about the team batting order by the Ireland/England series.

So I recon 2 if not 3 of these NZ games are going to get washed out

That leaves 2 or 3 games to experiment in. Hence, if Saim, Fakhar or Usman get a chance to open in these games…they better do something that forces them to stay in their rightful batting positions. Otherwise, they will be forced to bat at 3 or 4 whilst Babar and Rizwan will open…and they will basically fail.

My prediction on how our batting line up in t20 world cup will look like in the world cup
He said things will be clear about the team batting order by the Ireland/England series.

So I recon 2 if not 3 of these NZ games are going to get washed out

That leaves 2 or 3 games to experiment in. Hence, if Saim, Fakhar or Usman get a chance to open in these games…they better do something that forces them to stay in their rightful batting positions. Otherwise, they will be forced to bat at 3 or 4 whilst Babar and Rizwan will open…and they will basically fail.
1) Babar
2) Rizwan
3) Saim
4) Fakhar/Usman
5) Shadab
6) Chacha
7) Imad
8) Usama
9) Shaheen
10) Naseem
11) Amir

Fakhar and usman will be interchangeable, no way the clueless captain will view chacha at fault lol

My prediction of usman batting at no 5-7 will come true eventually
You can see why Rizwan was shifting him around in the middle whilst hogging an opening slot.

Rizwan opened the innings with some jobber/rubbish opener when Malan/Hendricks were away. The guy was so rubbish and as poor as Rizwan with strike rate, I can’t even remember his name exactly, that’s how rubbish he was.

Rizwan knew to keep Usman away from the opening slot (where he actually belongs) because Saim has already forced the PCB and the journalists to put pressure on them to open with him for Pakistan. That’s 1/2 of the opening stranglehold gone and with Babar back, Rizwan will have to part way and become a deer in front of headlights batting in the middle. So he took a punt with Usman to bat in the middle and not shine as an opener…otherwise it would be clear that both Usman and Saim should be Pakistan’s openers and not this fraud combo of Babar and Rizwan.

As such…Babar can easily claim: “well I am an opener, and captain so I have to perform to lead the team. I will open.

Usman looks great for number 3 or 4, that solves our middle order.

Saim is a bit raw at the moment, Rizwan knows how to open. So for safety and results I will open with Rizwan”

These guys have it all planned out. Just wait and watch. If I am wrong, well great because I sincerely hope I am wrong in this case.

Pakistan launches ICC T20 World Cup preparations on Thursday

· Babar Azam’s interview available here for free download and editorial use; video from the captains’ photo-shoot with trophy available here for editorial purposes only

· Scorecards and player stats from the series will be available here

Rawalpindi 17 April, 2024:

Pakistan will kick-off their ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 preparations on Thursday at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium when they will take on New Zealand in first of the five matches. The venue will also host matches on Saturday and Sunday, while Lahore’s Gaddafi Stadium will be the stage for the remaining two matches next week on Thursday and Saturday.

This will be the third five-match series between the two sides inside a 12-month period. Last year, Pakistan and New Zealand drew the series at two-all in Pakistan, while New Zealand clinched the series 4-1 earlier this year in their backyard.

Pakistan have named uncapped Abrar Ahmed, Mohammad Irfan Khan and Usman Khan in the 17-player squad, which also sees the return of Babar Azam as the white-ball captain.

Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim are also back in national colours along with fast bowler Naseem Shah. Naseem last played for Pakistan in the ACC Asia Cup 2023 before suffering shoulder injury in the match against Indies in Colombo that sidelined him from the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 and tours of Australia and New Zealand.

Azhar Mahmood, for the first time in his career, will be the head coach of the Pakistan men’s team. The former Test all-rounder has previously worked as the national side’s bowling coach from 2016-2019.

Babar Azam: “This five-match T20I series holds a lot of importance for us as we look forward to preparing for the all-important mega-event. We had a great fitness camp in Kakul and are looking forward to express ourselves as unit.

“New Zealand will challenge us at different points in the series, serving as a fine work out for the Pakistan side. The prospect of having a blend of youth and experience in the side excites me as a leader.”

Michael Bracewell: “I’m proud to be leading the team on this tour. We’ll look to play entertaining cricket as a side and take the game forward. Most of the players in our squad have played a lot of T20 Cricket growing up and they are very well equipped with the knowledge of this format. Pakistan are formidable side at home and we’ll look to put challenges in their backyard.”

The toss is scheduled to take place at 7pm local time and the first will be bowled at 7.30pm local time.

Squads:

Pakistan - Babar Azam (captain), Abrar Ahmed, Azam Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Abbas Afridi, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohmmad Amir, Muhammad Irfan Khan, Naseem Shah, Saim Ayub, Shadab Khan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Usama Mir, Usman Khan and Zaman Khan

New Zealand - Michael Bracewell (captian), Tom Blundell, Mark Chapman, Josh Clarkson, Jacob Duffy, Dean Foxcroft, Ben Lister, Cole McConchie, Jimmy Neesham, Will O’Rourke, Tim Robinson, Ben Sears, Tim Seifert, Ish Sodhi and Zak Foulkes.

You can see why Rizwan was shifting him around in the middle whilst hogging an opening slot.

Rizwan opened the innings with some jobber/rubbish opener when Malan/Hendricks were away. The guy was so rubbish and as poor as Rizwan with strike rate, I can’t even remember his name exactly, that’s how rubbish he was.

Rizwan knew to keep Usman away from the opening slot (where he actually belongs) because Saim has already forced the PCB and the journalists to put pressure on them to open with him for Pakistan. That’s 1/2 of the opening stranglehold gone and with Babar back, Rizwan will have to part way and become a deer in front of headlights batting in the middle. So he took a punt with Usman to bat in the middle and not shine as an opener…otherwise it would be clear that both Usman and Saim should be Pakistan’s openers and not this fraud combo of Babar and Rizwan.

As such…Babar can easily claim: “well I am an opener, and captain so I have to perform to lead the team. I will open.

Usman looks great for number 3 or 4, that solves our middle order.

Saim is a bit raw at the moment, Rizwan knows how to open. So for safety and results I will open with Rizwan”

These guys have it all planned out. Just wait and watch. If I am wrong, well great because I sincerely hope I am wrong in this case.
Naw, I trust your insight more then anyone.

But the whole babar and rizwan opening was obvious and what rizwan was trying to do in psl was also obvious.

You know I'm actually ashamed cause I once use to forward rizwan opening. I always thought rizwan was medicore back in 2015 but I was always like poor guy, pcb always forcing players to play put of position since I knew rizwan was an opener in domestic t20.

But flash forward 9 years later, Allah made me eat my words.

My prediction on how our batting line up in t20 world cup will look like in the world cup

1) Babar
2) Rizwan
3) Saim
4) Fakhar/Usman
5) Shadab
6) Chacha
7) Imad
8) Usama
9) Shaheen
10) Naseem
11) Amir

Fakhar and usman will be interchangeable, no way the clueless captain will view chacha at fault lol
Pretty accurate

They might drop Usama for Usman and Fakhar both to fit in somehow.

Realistically, they need Azam Khan at 5 or 6. He’s been poor in international so far but the guy is a talented bosher of the ball. Would be stupid not to pick him and hope for Shadab, Imad and Chacha to do a lot of the heavy lifting

Idk about others, but I've openly claimed I'm an Australian fan and do not support the current Pakistan team, I more or less just make fun of em since I refuse to support a non gelled team. I will support the team once we go back to our 1996, 2011, 1992, and 2017 ways. Even if we go back to our 2009 ways idk if I wanna support cause YK wasn't exactly a good role model, good captain but eh.

Also the chances of rizwan succeeding are higher considering usman khan won't be opening, Stat pad time incoming.

Knowing Pakistan they'll make usman bat at no 5 lol.
True, Captain Azam and his friend will bat at their preferred positions. They've earned this right through performances. Clowns in PCB are replaced every month but none have have been able to touch the duo so far. And haters too have tried everything but failed.
Babar and Rizwan zindabad

Pretty accurate

They might drop Usama for Usman and Fakhar both to fit in somehow.

Realistically, they need Azam Khan at 5 or 6. He’s been poor in international so far but the guy is a talented bosher of the ball. Would be stupid not to pick him and hope for Shadab, Imad and Chacha to do a lot of the heavy lifting
They won't, ik how Babar functions as a captain.

He'll experiment here and their during NZ series.

After that he'll stick to playing the same winning 11 until it gets exposed and found out eventually.

Oh and expect a few of pur pacers getting injured. Atleast one pacer is getting injured 100%.

True, Captain Azam and his friend will bat at their preferred positions. They've earned this right through performances. Clowns in PCB are replaced every month but none have have been able to touch the duo so far. And haters too have tried everything but failed.
Babar and Rizwan zindabad
April fools was 17/18 days ago.

Back