Pakistan v Scotland | T20 WC | Group D | Durban | [12/9/07] 2nd innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Yas take the last wkt against his former 'county colleagues'?

Noddy said:
Can Yas take the last wkt against his former 'county colleagues'?

Noddy bahi, happy with team or u will like to see fawad in there?

PlanetPakistan said:
disgraceful language from the crowd..
u r right. there were saying Imran and then using ***

Last edited by a moderator:
good win , but the Butt inning could have really killed us against a bigger team. I hope he proves me wrong , but he does not seem to a 20/20 player. Make him VC in Test or ODI , but I dont think he is 2020 material. Maybe Akmal and Nazir at the top with Alam coming lower down. Alam was the best 20 20 player in Pakistan so might as well play him

Asif picks up the last wicket - he was disspointing overall BUT im glad he picked up a wicket

Why do the bowlers do a regular runup when they know the opposition cannot win?

Asif takes the last wicket
SCO 120 all out 19.4??? overs

Well done Pakistan. At least, if our batsmen do not do as well as expected our bowlers do, do.

I can see some Pakistanis losing their temper ,because of ''Afridi's '' performance .Showing their ''disappointment '' quite openly .I wonder Why ?

Gul was awesome today. I have never seen him in such good rhythm. The yorkers he bowled, were fantastic! Brilliant bowling from him and Freedi.

LightSpeedGT said:
Gul was awesome today. I have never seen him in such good rhythm. The yorkers he bowled, were fantastic! Brilliant bowling from him and Freedi.

He really seems to bring his A game against minnows in non pressure situations

Great to see us win, but our batsmen kinda worried me. I think we might miss yousuf in this tournament. But overall, good to see Gul and Afridi bowling well.

SUPERSAMI said:
He really seems to bring his A game against minnows in non pressure situations
Don't know what the hell you're talking about. Think back to series in Windies and against India.

He hasn't really developed as a limited overs player. He bagan with a bang in tests and then got the serious injury. So your argument is pretty poor and pretty strange coming from someone with your nick.

So you agree he hasn't done anything of note in limited overs except against minnows in non pressure situations?

My Analysis:

I think it was a rather dismal performance of batting by Pakistan considering the opposition. S Butt was too slow and looked under pressure. M Hafeez played sensible, Y Khan played the anchor role required of him, but S Malik played irresponsibly. S Afridi's played a short but effective innings and M Haq also batted very sensibly. Y Arafat also played well under the circumstances. U Gul bowled well while M Asif was disappointing. S Afridi and M Hafeez bowled well as well.

I think S Afridi should bat higher up in the order mainly due to the fact that there are field restrictions in the first six overs and he can utilize those conditions perfectly by going the aerial route without being risky at the same time.

SUPERSAMI said:
So you agree he hasn't done anything of note in limited overs except against minnows in non pressure situations?

He's got 39 wickets in 30 one dayers which isn't bad.

Last edited:
As with the last World Cup in March 2007 - our batting is woeful, and its only good bowling that can bale us out.

Any other team barr Scotland would have tonked us big time!

I dunno why Fawad didn't play, and why Arafat played.

Malik and Butt batted very slow, and Afridi didn't get to bat long enough. 180 is more then enough for Scotland, but against India or Australia, 180 will be very easy to get, and it will also be hard to score against a better lineup.

Having said that, Gul really seems to be shaping up for the limited fixtures. Lets see how he goes on Friday. His rhythm suggests he'll be firing on all cylinders.

Sehsan,

As stated, I think we may need to look at the openers slot. This wicket was a good wicket for the bowlers and if wkts stay like this v India, then that will also be a tight game. They have the better batting and we, the bowling.

The case may be Hafeez opens instead of Butt and Afridi comes to a floating 3 or 5. Butt may think he lends a hand wiht the ball, but if he has to bowl in 2020 then we are in big trouble.

I dont think he has chance to think at 6 (not that he thinks much anyway).

Asif's bowling need to come back a yard as length bowlers will go round the park, who ever u r. You need to mix it about here on this wicket like Yasir did to some degree.

The rest of our bowling bowled well with the spinners as I stated (in the next 3 overs after the quickies had come off) would win us the game and they did.

They are luking to use Arafat at the death and that makes sense due to his low height and skiddy arm action....

A typical Pakistan Team effort....

Fantastic win for Pakistan, way to go to shut all the wrist slitters up..

Anyways, people are overplaying our batting a bit. We didn't bat to our potential BUT 171 is a very good score usually. The first game was a freak occurence - 200+ is NOT regulary chased so people need to get a grip.

Afridi should come before Malik number 6 is too low when u only have 20 overs to bat. The opners needs to pickup more singles too many dot balls and Salman was the main cuprit.

Noddy said:
Sehsan,

As stated, I think we may need to look at the openers slot. This wicket was a good wicket for the bowlers and if wkts stay like this v India, then that will also be a tight game. They have the better batting and we, the bowling.

The case may be Hafeez opens instead of Butt and Afridi comes to a floating 3 or 5. Butt may think he lends a hand wiht the ball, but if he has to bowl in 2020 then we are in big trouble.

I dont think he has chance to think at 6 (not that he thinks much anyway).

Asif's bowling need to come back a yard as length bowlers will go round the park, who ever u r. You need to mix it about here on this wicket like Yasir did to some degree.

The rest of our bowling bowled well with the spinners as I stated (in the next 3 overs after the quickies had come off) would win us the game and they did.

They are luking to use Arafat at the death and that makes sense due to his low height and skiddy arm action....

A typical Pakistan Team effort....

Thanks Noddy bahi for lenghty answer.
I do agree with you about asif our spinners and arafat. Any bowler who will bowl medium pace with same length will give away lot of runs.

Though i dont agree with you about butt not opening. I think he will do a fine job. Spinners bowled well and i think spinners would be key in 20-20 for every team. I was surprised not see Gayle bowling yesterday.

I am not sure whether Fawad should come in for Misbah. Misbah did a decent job. I think we will be missing one big hitter at the death against good teams.

A nice, easy and comfortable win for Pakistan.

We struggled a bit in the first 3 or 4 overs of the game but once we saw that through it was all one way traffic and there was only ever going to be one winner. Just a bit of concern about our batting...too many players got starts but nobody went on to bat out the innings. Every time we got a partnership going and started to build momentum, we lost a wicket. In spite of all this we still scored 171....if one guy such as Younis or Hafeez had stayed until the end we would have got close to 200 if not more.

All in all a good warm up for India but certain things, particularly in the batting, need to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back