Pakistani Pop Songs

Riff

First Class Star
Runs
Pakistani Pop music is much beter than Indian Pop. Does anyone agree?

My All time Pakistani Pop Songs

- Kaho Ek Din by Ahmed Jahanzeb

- Pehla to kabhi kabhi gham tha by Rahim Shah

- Soni Lagdi by Sajjad Ali

- Teri Yaad by Sajjad Ali

- Channo- Ali Zafar

- Billo dey ghar- Abrar Ul Haq (brilliant video :)), apologies to anyone who finds the song offensive)

- Woh Lamhe- Jal

- Jazba Junoon- Junoon (great video and great song)

- Sayonee- Junoon

Plenty more which I cant think at the moment :98:

India doesn't really have much of a music industry.....most of their music comes out of Bollywood.

Hash said:
India doesn't really have much of a music industry.....most of their music comes out of Bollywood.
lol america doesnt have much of a film industry all of their movies come from hollywood...

snazir6 said:
lol america doesnt have much of a film industry all of their movies come from hollywood...
whats so funny? bollywood is a film industry not a music industry.

Nazia/Zoheb Hassan, Sajjad Ali, Vital Signs, Junoon, Ali Haider, Strings, Abrar-ul-Haq, Shehzad Roy, Awaz (Haroon, Faakhir), Najam, Karavan, Rahim Shah, Ahmed Jahanzeb, Noori, Fuzon, Aaroh, Rungg, Ali Zafar, Jal, Aatif, EP, Mekal Hasan Band, Aamir Zaki etc. The list is endless.

Ive read somewhere that Billo de ghar can be offensive and you have said too, how can it be offensive? i read somwhere guys in pak(including Nauman :D ) used to sing the song when passing by girls and if the girls were with male family members, riots would start..can someone explain? maybe its because i dont know what billo means?

Kashif said:
Nazia/Zoheb Hassan, Sajjad Ali, Vital Signs, Junoon, Ali Haider, Strings, Abrar-ul-Haq, Shehzad Roy, Awaz (Haroon, Faakhir), Najam, Karavan, Rahim Shah, Ahmed Jahanzeb, Noori, Fuzon, Aaroh, Rungg, Ali Zafar, Jal, Aatif, EP, Mekal Hasan Band, Aamir Zaki etc. The list is endless.
great list... we've always had talent in the music dept... sad that its getting exposure this late...

reading Amir Zakis name i had to listen to "mera pyar" again... great song...

Behind the scenes people like Aamir Zaki, Mekaal Hassan, Rohail Hyatt/Shahzad Hassan (Vital Signs) have been instrumental in raising the bar when it comes to sound quality and production values. Before we had loner PTV which was strongly censored. But now bands coming out of nowhere are getting exposure which Vital Signs could only dream of. Internet and media is helping hype the music now and it can be difficult deciphering quality from paap.

Aamir Zaki underachieving artist for whom the scene is just right now.

Nauman said:
whats so funny? bollywood is a film industry not a music industry.

kids don't understand these things

yeah man pak pop music is way ahead...
ma top 5 of this month,
1- You've got sumthing by Omer Inayat
2- Tu hi hai mera pyar Mahiya by Annie
3- Jhuki Jhuki by Shiraz Uppal
4- Shayad by Call
5- Sab bhula key by Call again.

um ok if i had to chose 5 best pakistani pop songs ever( they might sound cheesy now but i am treating them from their respective time eras)

1. Sar ki yeh pahar( srings, the original version in 1992, amazing amazing song)
2. Hum Tum( pure brilliance, vital signs)
3. Camera( Nazia Hassan)
4. billo on gt road(Abrar, all the elements of a hit hit song)
5. Aadat( yes as much as i hate how that band just sold that song out, the original version was pure brilliance)
6. Aaja na ( najam sheraz)
7. Deah Jalta Raha ( Awaz)
8. Ajnabi ( Vital Signs)
9. boohay Barian ( Hadiqa)
10. Milan ( Arid Zone)

I think i've done a fairly good job, all of these are pop songs. These songs were the best at their own times, most popular and most listened to.

Kashif said:
Aamir Zaki underachieving artist for whom the scene is just right now.

add Amir Saleem in underachiever list. some of his songs are just brilliant. but sadly at that time there was not much music video trends and they had only PTV and STN.

aamir zaki - mera pyar (class)

vital signs all the songs

arid zone

yadagan

junoon

awaz

nadeem jafferi

strings

french benifits

all are legends ;)

oh yeah the grandaddy of em all babia 93

sajjad ali
then

chief saab ;)

cant get any better then that ;) ooo rakshey waley ;) zara dekh kar chalna ...mera mehboob...........................;)sorry :D

yaar kia songs yaad keraing!!
Now i will have to listen to most of these songs before going to bed......and it's already 1:45 AM!

Sajjad Ali reinvented himself with the Babia album in 1993. Alongwith his brothers, they also setup the 'Sound Master' music label. Thanks to rampant piracy they probably never made much money anyway. One of the few pop singers who learned classical music before entering pop.

Asim was never a big Aamir Saleem fan but he has churned out quite a few albums.

I eagerly await the release of Rahat Ali Khan's 'Charkha'. Produced and composed by Rohail Hyatt (Vital Signs), its a pop/classical crossover album. Checkout the samples at www.friedjunkies.com

Fakhir's new song Kash is also good, it isnt really new but the video was just released.

Kashif said:
Asim was never a big Aamir Saleem fan but he has churned out quite a few albums.[/url]

yeah I know most ppl are not his big fans, as he was not so popular and other singers like Junaid Jamshed,Sajjad ALi, Ali Haider were on top of their music in his time. got to www.pakistanimusic.com and listen to his songs. He got wonderful voice too.

HAFRIDI said:
Ive read somewhere that Billo de ghar can be offensive and you have said too, how can it be offensive? i read somwhere guys in pak(including Nauman :D ) used to sing the song when passing by girls and if the girls were with male family members, riots would start..can someone explain? maybe its because i dont know what billo means?

Can someone answer my Q?

Thanks for the links

My fav Shehzad Roy tracks are "teri soorat", "jinna karlo gai pyar" with Sukhbir and i love "mukhra" these 3 tracks especially last 2 are awesome!!

Oh and Zindagi!

I havent listened to much other pak acts, just Roy, strings, vital signs

Last edited:
ha, i used to sing Billo de ghar when i was younger.

It was my absolute fav song

I dont quite know why it is offensive

HAFRIDI said:

I don't think name Billo is offensive in any way.
in that song Abrar used word Billo as nickname of girl freind. so when song got hit, every beautiful girl bcame Billo in boy's eyes. that's only reason, their family members ll get angry on teasing the girl, otherwise not offensive word at all.

Riff said:
Pakistani Pop music is much beter than Indian Pop. Does anyone agree?

My All time Pakistani Pop Songs

- Kaho Ek Din by Ahmed Jahanzeb

- Pehla to kabhi kabhi gham tha by Rahim Shah

- Soni Lagdi by Sajjad Ali

- Teri Yaad by Sajjad Ali

- Channo- Ali Zafar

- Billo dey ghar- Abrar Ul Haq (brilliant video :)), apologies to anyone who finds the song offensive)

- Woh Lamhe- Jal

- Jazba Junoon- Junoon (great video and great song)

- Sayonee- Junoon

Plenty more which I cant think at the moment :98:

Riff would you happen to have the video for Billo De Ghar ?

Osman said:
Riff would you happen to have the video for Billo De Ghar ?

I don't think any one ll have that video and even not sure if they made video of that song.
only I have seens in Pak movie for that song when it was played long time ago on PTV

Asim2Good said:
I don't think any one ll have that video and even not sure if they made video of that song.
only I have seens in Pak movie for that song when it was played long time ago on PTV

?????? the part in bold text ?????? are you mad ??? irt was and still is a must see brilliant video !!!

Last edited:
HAFRIDI said:

there was this guy who sang that song to a girl in some village, who went home told her brother who picked up a gun and blasted the guy who sang the song at his sister.

thats what I was told but it could be b/s.

Sajjad Ali - Paaniyon Main, nice song that it is...has been inspired from Kishore's O Majhi re (RD Burman composition).

Bulletproof Monk said:
there was this guy who sang that song to a girl in some village, who went home told her brother who picked up a gun and blasted the guy who sang the song at his sister.

I wouldnt be surprised if it were true.

uzzie01 said:
ne pakistani rock music fans here??? ep, call, noori, aaroh etc?
I like Call songs, Noori is ok but I prefer EP its a pity that EP is broken up.

Nauman said:
I like Call songs, Noori is ok but I prefer EP its a pity that EP is broken up.
yah and just to inform ya noori is also broken up... jaffri left b4 the 2nd album and latest is gumby who also left and i think hav joined meekal hassan band... so only ali brothers r left now... call is also going good these dayz... hope they dont brk up :21:

I am more of a mizraab fan, i think their music is brilliant and i also think faraz anwar is arguably the best guitarist in Pakistan. Maazi Haal Mustaqbil was an exceptional album.

Ep i used to dig them about 2 years ago but they havent really capitalized on their success. Call is good but can do far better, they have some good songs but songs like shayed and pukaar make me think they're pretty much unoriginal( i know xulfi's in call but that doesnt shift them to awesome status)

Anyone heard underground band? most of them pretty much suck but one that stuck out was Kain, they have this song qaid. brilliant stuff

There is a great song by Shiraz Uppal. Im not sure what the name of it is i think it is Dil Bolay as those seem to be the main words in the song if you know what i mean. Can somone confirm this plz. thnx.

uzzie01 said:
yah and just to inform ya noori is also broken up... jaffri left b4 the 2nd album and latest is gumby who also left and i think hav joined meekal hassan band... so only ali brothers r left now... call is also going good these dayz... hope they dont brk up :21:
:O noori too? gumby imo is the best drummer in Pakistan... anyone know the status of his solo album?

can any1 please upload this new song by atif n hadiqa?
i think its called 'aas pas'--(not sure)

Osman said:
There is a great song by Shiraz Uppal. Im not sure what the name of it is i think it is Dil Bolay as those seem to be the main words in the song if you know what i mean. Can somone confirm this plz. thnx.

Are you talking about Jhuki Jhuki aankhein???that's his best song so far.

sneekysneeky said:
:O r u serious? whos left?
According to them they are all taking a break, one of their drummers went to Australia, Xulfi has joined Call, Fawad guy is working in a movie so thats about it.

Nauman said:
According to them they are all taking a break, one of their drummers went to Australia, Xulfi has joined Call, Fawad guy is working in a movie so thats about it.
fawad in a movie :10:

xulfi has always been helping call... jal too...

sad to hear... great band they couldve been...

Bulletproof Monk said:

It actually happened in many different parts of Pakistan, the worst one was when 4 people were killed by "Billo's" chaacha (shot them all) who got sick of Billo complaining about some young men harrassing her all day by playing this song in front of her house.

Asim2Good said:
Fuzon is awesome! khamaj is their best work...

that song by shabnam majeed is good too... my mom loves it... the video is brilliant... she has a beautiful voice... iirc she did some nice songs for bally sagoo...

Last edited:
does anyone know where i could find that bilo de ghar video? I really want to see it.

UJ said:
does anyone know where i could find that bilo de ghar video? I really want to see it.
just noticed i had 2 vcds of videos... abrar special hits and best of junaid jamshed... will watch em and get back to you...

PS. found bakra qiston pay and a cricket vcd also...

found these videos:

abrar

sanu tere naal
wan kutia
jatt
december
majajani
GT road (billo 2 hilarious)
and some other live concert videos...

junaid

ankhon ko ankhon se
saanwli saloni
na tu aayegi (one of my favorite junaid songs)
maula (beautiful song)
us rah par
wo kaun thi
tum door the
ye sham
mera dil tu hai
hum tum
dil mangay aur
dunya se chup lena
yaad karna
dil dil pakistan
hum hain pakistani (live at some place)
tu hai kahan feat strings and haroon(great video feat. imran nazir, sami, wasim, imran farhat(or humayon), razzaq)

sneekysneeky said:
found these videos:
abrar
wan kutia
majajani
GT road (billo 2 hilarious)

junaid
ankhon ko ankhon se
na tu aayegi (one of my favorite junaid songs)
wo kaun thi
ye sham

can you upload above if there are not live performances ?

Asim2Good said:
can you upload above if there are not live performances ?
ya they arent live performances... one question how do i upload? do i just copy the file to my hard drive and upload to a filesharing website?

sneekysneeky said:
ya they arent live performances... one question how do i upload? do i just copy the file to my hard drive and upload to a filesharing website?

I think that should work.

sneekysneeky said:
Fuzon is awesome! khamaj is they best work...

that song by shabnam majeed is good too... my mom loves it... the video is brilliant... she has a beautiful voice... iirc she did some nice songs for bally sagoo...

Shabnam Majeed has beautiful voice, the song you are talking about is "Anarkali". For me, Anarkali is one of the best ever Pakistani song and the video directed by Shoaib Mansoor is undoutedly the best ever.

Waseem said:
Shabnam Majeed has beautiful voice, the song you are talking about is "Anarkali". For me, Anarkali is one of the best ever Pakistani song and the video directed by Shoaib Mansoor is undoutedly the best ever.
yep both are great anarkali and ishq...

No worriez sneeky, take your time, no rush

D/l it now

thnax alot sneeky ... i have seen most of his new videos from 2002 onwards but not many of his videos from earlier songs (apart from billo de ghar of course.)

Last edited:
Aadat is one of my favourite songs as well

Anyone that hasn't heard it really should. Excellent song!

has anyone heard multani kangan by Khadija, its a phat tune :19:

the remix version is pretty good aswell.

smoothcriminal said:
anyone remember arid zone? or the sequencers?

I really liked 'Yaadein' by Sequencers. Arid Zone did some nice songs but I did not like the vocalist.

arid zone..were brilliant as well...yasir akhtar when in arid zone was great...couldnt make it big as a solo...

but i rate french benefits very high..quality songs /music..wonder what happend to them 2..the song tanhai was superb ;)

cavin420 said:
arid zone..were brilliant as well...yasir akhtar when in arid zone was great...couldnt make it big as a solo...

but i rate french benefits very high..quality songs /music..wonder what happend to them 2..the song tanhai was superb ;)
was never a fan of yasir akhtar but french benefits were class...

Back