Pakistan's batting future looks bright

The intelligent Supporter

Local Club Captain
Runs
I know , it is very hard to recover from this collapse. But on a positive note, two of the best innings this whole tour were played by two of the youngest Players in our side both experience and age wise. The 90s by Sami and Babar came at crucial times and both were very disciplned.

We might be losing seasoned pros like Yuni and Misbah soon but we already see replacements coming up and performing in alien challenging conditions.

Rizwan, another young prospect is great on the pull and hook as we saw from these two innings. I know he got out on the hook, but he times it a little too well that it carried to the boundary. Today he came in immense pressure and dispatched some very well directed bouncers to the boundary. We cant keep ducking under bouncers, and rizwan might be handy in Australia.

Nothing is going to happen. One/two players hardly make a difference.

Besides, Sami is a Test player only. He doesn't have Babar's all-format potential.

We have seen such threads a billion times. They pop-up nearly every 6 months.

It's better and worse than that.

There is a reason why Lara, Tendulkar, Ponting and Sangakkara don't play any more. Hand-eye coordination fades with age and so do reflexes.

And they were all better than Misbah, Younis and Hafeez.

Pakistan's next generation has been ready for years. Babar Azam and Umar Akmal could have been in the team two years ago.

Ironically, Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq are several years older than Umar Akmal but were never as good, and have been persisted with for having gentler temperaments, which may not be a good thing.

I'd be delighted if the top order in the West Indies next Easter is:

1. Salman Butt
2. Sami Aslam
3. Azhar Ali
4. Babar Azam
5. Asad Shafiq or Umar Akmal
6. Mohammad Nawaz

It's better and worse than that.

There is a reason why Lara, Tendulkar, Ponting and Sangakkara don't play any more. Hand-eye coordination fades with age and so do reflexes.

And they were all better than Misbah, Younis and Hafeez.

Pakistan's next generation has been ready for years. Babar Azam and Umar Akmal could have been in the team two years ago.

Ironically, Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq are several years older than Umar Akmal but were never as good, and have been persisted with for having gentler temperaments, which may not be a good thing.

I'd be delighted if the top order in the West Indies next Easter is:

1. Salman Butt
2. Sami Aslam
3. Azhar Ali
4. Babar Azam
5. Asad Shafiq or Umar Akmal
6. Mohammad Nawaz

You really think Nawaz is a no.6 bat?

Back