PCB's Governing Board member Shakeel Sheikh labels Misbah a geedar (jackal)

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
PCB's Governing Board member Shakeel Sheikh called Misbah a geeder(jackel)

So the player code of conduct is only for players, but what about when PCB's own officials say stuff like this against their captain?

Misbah answered back in his Press conference "Jo ground mein larta hai agar wo geedar hai tu mein geedar hi theek hoon"

Last edited:
The entire cricketing set-up seems a hilarious mess of epic proportions...

And then we wonder why there is no professionalism in our cricket. If the officials are acting like this then you cant exactly expect the players and ex players to not act like this. Embarrassing stuff really and we are slowly becoming the laughing stock of the entire cricket world. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hope that guy is reprimanded but at the same time we should all stop thinking misbah is the white knight here, everyone has made mistakes, what this governor has said though is truly shameless

he is CAPTAIN of the team. Its his responsibility (as a captain) to make others perform.[/B]

Have you ever given an exam your whole life. May be you encountered an exam where you had to solve e.g. 5 questions. His own performance may count as 1 questions answer. Not only answered but answered brilliantly... But he has FAILED in other 4.

He hasnt been able to make / encourage other batsmen to perform.

He has looked clueless while setting fields / as well as use of bowlers.

So his captaincy is a failure. His own performance CANNOT save him from flak he gets as captain.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the most corrupt governing board member is Shakil Sheikh.

Last edited:
One of the most corrupt governing board member is Shakil Sheikh.

Seems so (from facial outlook) !!

http://www.pcb.com.pk/photos-detail...ent-to-captain-of-rawalpindi-region-4492.html

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...s/11-Dec-2011/Shakil-elected-IRCA-chief-again

large-member-pcb-governing-board-shakil-shaikh-giving-away-winning-trophy-of-pcb-pepsi-cricket-stars-u-16-one-day-tournament-2012-2013-to-captain-of-rawalpindi-region-4492.jpg

What a discgrace this man is how can he make such a disgusting remark about the national captain that too when everything in Pakistan cricket is going downhill. I hope he is reprimanded and punished accordingly.

Misbah should understand that he is failing as a captain. He should stop making excuses. He has to kick out garbage players otherwise this will always happen. Youngster like maqsood. Umar akma shezad. Nasir. Hammad etc are the way forward.

What a discgrace this man is how can he make such a disgusting remark about the national captain that too when everything in Pakistan cricket is going downhill. I hope he is reprimanded and punished accordingly.

Exactly, he is national team captain. You cannot call names likes this in an official meeting.

Its PCB who chose him the captain, not his own fault. This official needs to be punished for using abusive words against the team's captain.

Yes I saw him saying this on Geo and then anchor said you are saying Misbah is a geedar? He realized that he was harsh to him so tried to justify his statement by saying Misbah is a very good batsman / player but not good for captaincy as he has a negative mindset.

Yes I saw him saying this on Geo and then anchor said you are saying Misbah is a geedar? He realized that he was harsh to him so tried to justify his statement by saying Misbah is a very good batsman / player but not good for captaincy as he has a negative mindset.

when did this happen?

Saw it live ! It's a shame really !

But overall the show was entertaining !

Misbah ul haq has been given 2 choices, either take rest for SA tour or Leave captaincy if you loose in Southafrica

he is CAPTAIN of the team. Its his responsibility (as a captain) to make others perform.[/B]

Have you ever given an exam your whole life. May be you encountered an exam where you had to solve e.g. 5 questions. His own performance may count as 1 questions answer. Not only answered but answered brilliantly... But he has FAILED in other 4.

So his captaincy is a failure. His own performance CANNOT save him from flak he gets as captain.

One of the few sane response i saw in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a ridiculous statement. He should be shown the door for such unprofessionalism

I watched this show yesterday and the panel was nothing but a band of hyenas with the slight exception of Amir Sohail who made vague statements that sounded good but offered nothing concrete.

The board official tried his best to deflect things onto the players, from fitness issues to Misbah.

What ever your stand is on Misbahs captaincy the statement was awfully unprofessional and in any other country would result in repercussions. This type of unprofessional behaviour is totally acceptable in Pakistan and the amount of lies and hypocrisy pundits get away with is amazing.

Sarfraz calling Shoaib Malik a parchee* merchant made me lol he was his usual self making match fixing claims on Waqar and Moin.

Last edited:
Wth is it national bash Misbah day?

This is ridiculous, will the PCB issue a show cause notice for one of their own? Totally unprofessional.

:))) jabbray test

was very funny and very poor show.Host was clueless about cricket and performance of individual players.Sikandar Bakht and Sarfarz were fighting over Gambling Mafia.

Since when do we have "Shers " in our team.

Feeling for misbah but he has to make a stand now, either get rid of the underperformers such as hafeez, afridi and co or resign

He isnt doing himself any favours by allowing these players to bring down the team

I see the blame game has reared it's ugly head again.

Blame Afridi, no it's Hafeez...heck it's both!

:facepalm:

Do you all think your team will perform better or worse without Misbah in it?

more then worse.

People here believe that with misbah gone, the team will perform better.

The problem is that the majority of Pak fans and even PCB officials have no idea what the main reason behind our poor performance is, when it is clearly right infront of us. OUR BATTING! Our batting is not good. Our batsmen are not good and need to be dropped, but still Misbah is to be blamed for some weird reason(who has scored the most runs and would be getting nominations for cricket award).....

Shakeel Sheikh is like mafia. Remember SHoaib Akthar mentioned him few years back.

Misbah is only man capable to leader Pakistan. Yet again we see politics in team and i am afraid ppl like Afridi and Hafeez are involved

Without Misbah the batsman, the team wont perform nicely. But it can only perform better if non-performers are shown the door. Otherwise, even with Misbah's presence the performance will remain stagnant.

Non-performers = Umar Akmal, Umar Amin, Nasir Jamshed, Shahid Afridi, M. Hafeez, Malik, YK, Farhat, etc

Bring best LIST-A performers as replacements...

Shakeel sheikh is MQM of PCB!! Always stays in power, is known as father of nepotism and buys votes to win regional elections.

I hate misbah's captaincy a lot but hate this guy 10 X more :/

Having said that, Misbah's demeanour has been very geedar'esque!! So shakeel sheikh has a point here.

"I will not runaway like cowards, will continue to play till I am in form.If someone who is performing outstandingly is GEEDAR, then I am a GEEDAR." Misbah

I feel sorry for him :((

Lol finally someone saying the truth in Pakistan!

Whether the remark bears some truth or not. The fact is "Why wash dirty linen in public"?

PCB appointed him as captain. How can a PCB official call him names on a National TV. If he is non-performing as a captain, remove him.

If the other so called 'Talunted', 'Boom booms', 'Blessed in all facets', 'Best technique in the team' kind of guys start performing 50% of what Misbah does, the team shall do far better then it has.

And no Misbah is not a coward. Cowards are the other so called batsmen who should be ashamed of themselves.

I am happy that Misbah maybe going as i see him as a hinderance to developing a decent team. His tactics are too negative and in the short run we will miss the his runs but as we are not winning, it doesn`t really make any difference,But this idiots behaviour is disgusting.What background does he have in cricket to be on the board.

Shakeel sheikh you beauty. you have given a voice to nation's feelings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

:facepalm: at guys defending Shakeel Sheikh. But then again we do love oath-gates , spot-fixing and will defend the beloved "Shers". Truly pathetic, Misbah should resign and let this system decay .

Another Afridi fan boy. :facepalm: at all the beast fans enjoying the insult of national team captain.

Misbah is the only player giving his 100% for the team every single match since the last few years. He deserves better.

misbah made 1700+runs in 2013 still people hate him for tailenders like afridi and professor

Shakeel sheikh is the godfather of Amin was probably frustrated by Amin's performance thus tried to ridicule Misbah :facepalm:

Misbah should retire and just get the hell away from this team and the venomous board. Should take county contract or something. Dude doesn't deserve to be called this and that by a bunch of nobodies on PP as also by some moronic crooks in the PCB.

Misbah should retire and just get the hell away from this team and the venomous board. Should take county contract or something. Dude doesn't deserve to be called this and that by a bunch of nobodies on PP as also by some moronic crooks in the PCB.

He is 40. Which county would offer him a contract? He should rest now.

He is 40. Which county would offer him a contract? He should rest now.

He was offered a contract for 2 years by some county( don't remember the name maybe Worcs) but he declined that to play for Pakistan.

What a sad day. The one batsman in pak side of repute and him being called by such names.. Height of unprofessionalism by pcb

"I will not runaway like cowards, will continue to play till I am in form.If someone who is performing outstandingly is GEEDAR, then I am a GEEDAR." Misbah

If he said this, Happy to know this response :)

Saw him on GEO Capital Talk yesterday, a joke of a PCB official not that I expected any better. Misbah deserves criticism but geedar he is not, a pathetic comment for which Mr. Shakil should be reprimanded but then again PCB itself is corrupt.

This analogy only works if you also require him to take the exams for all of the other players at the same time because all of them become illiterate the moment they step into the exam room.

Another Afridi fan boy. :facepalm: at all the beast fans enjoying the insult of national team captain.

Misbah is the only player giving his 100% for the team every single match since the last few years. He deserves better.

But Misbah is also the one putting fears in the hearts of once promising players like Jr and NJ, curbing their aggression, and destroying their careers. I wonder which quality has a bigger impact on Pak cricket.

This analogy only works if you also require him to take the exams for all of the other players at the same time because all of them become illiterate the moment they step into the exam room.

:)) So true.

But Misbah is also the one putting fears in the hearts of once promising players like Jr and NJ

Really? Funny because that's what Imran used to do Inzamam, even to the point where he forced an ill Inzamam to bat in a game (which he won) he was about to pull out of.

Perhaps 'Jr and NJ' should try netball or ballet if their poor feelings have such a big impact on their game.

Pathetic. Those guys have done nothing in their lives and then have the courage to criticize whoever they like to

But Misbah is also the one putting fears in the hearts of once promising players like Jr and NJ, curbing their aggression, and destroying their careers. I wonder which quality has a bigger impact on Pak cricket.

Misbah was implanted by the CIA to bring shame to Pakistan :zoni

If Misbah is what he said, than the rest are even worse.

Just listened to him on "Super Eye" few minutes ago, he said that

"Misbah is a brilliant cricket, an asset for Pakistan cricket who is extremely Fit, but doesn't have leadership qualities in him."

Regarding rumour on misbah not going to SA

"Inside news is, Misbah will be going to SA, it is someone's mischief to lite a spark."

"Introducing Moin Khan in PCB/Management was a recipe for disaster "

Man, we are one bunch of hypocrites :facepalm:

And now his son will play in Misbah's team ahead of other deserving youngsters. From what I heard, Misbah left the hall before the selection, and team coach Sabih Azhar who is also Arsal Sheikh's uncle made the pick..

And now his son will play in Misbah's team ahead of other deserving youngsters. From what I heard, Misbah left the hall before the selection, and team coach Sabih Azhar who is also Arsal Sheikh's uncle made the pick..

This is not enough from misbah at all. He should have stayed there and picked someone else

He is turning out to be one, by picking his son. What a weak character he is. Now some will say he left the hall and someone else picked him, so what? If you don't like this selection, then resign. Compromising here will mean, you have compromised your integrity. This is a real test for Misbah now.

each team had to choose u19 player from local area

Shaklee Sheikh son was the only u19 player from Fata so became automatic selection

This won't work. He should have picked someone else.

How can Misbah or the coaching staff pick another player when there is only one u19 option from Fata area in the draft.

He became an automatic selection for Fata as soon as the draft players were announced

How can Misbah or the coaching staff pick another player when there is only one u19 option from Fata area in the draft.

He became an automatic selection for Fata as soon as the draft players were announced

Why was there only one u19 player from FATA? Any reason?

Back