[PICS/VIDEOS] Aleem Dar - Discussion thread

SL_Fan

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
LAHORE: Pakistani umpire Aleem Dar on Monday became cricket’s most experienced umpire as he broke the previous record of officiating in the most number of international matches during the second Test between South Africa and Sri Lanka in Cape Town.

The 48-year-old surpassed the tally of South African Rudi Koertzen, who had stood in 331 international matches.

Dar is currently supervising his 332nd international match —109 Tests, 182 ODIs, and 41 T20Is.

Speaking to Express News, Dar said the milestone is a great honour for him and thanked everyone who supported him throughout the years. “It is a great honour for me and I would like to thank Allah as well as my family and friends, who have always supported me,” he said.

While the Jhang-born started his career as a cricketer, he has earned accolades as an umpire ever since he officiated in his first match on February 16, 2000 in Gujranwala between Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

He was made a part of the Elite Panel of International Cricket Council (ICC) Umpires in 2002 and won ICC’s Umpire of the Year award in 2009, 2010, and 2011.

The Government of Pakistan honoured him with Pride of Performance on August 14, 2010.

Link

Fantastic umpire.

Simon Taufel was my all time favourite. He's up there with him.

Three reviews in three balls today and he is proved right on each occasion.

Brilliant umpire, having a brilliant game.

My all time favourite umpire. Hasn't regressed with age, is as good as he was back in 2007 or maybe even better.

A very consistent umpire who hardly gets a decision wrong. Any batsmen questioning him is normally a waste of time.

He had a dodgy period brought on by Shane Warnes unfair criticism around 4 years ago but he is back to his best and has been brilliant this series.

His decision on Pandya was overturned but I was very surprised, I thought it would be umpires call or even missing, when it was 3 reds I was stunned, but happy of course :)

Met him in Birmingham city centre before the 1st test. He was with his wife and buying a phone accessory from a mobile phone shop. I told him that I am proud of him for portraying such a good image of Pakistan.

Very good umpire.

Out of context question can he do umpiring for pakistan? or you can't umpire for own country team these days?

Very good umpire.

Out of context question can he do umpiring for pakistan? or you can't umpire for own country team these days?

Yes he can umpire ODIs and 20/20s on home tours for Pakistan and has done in the past. But as he is an elite umpire busy with other matches he umpires very few for Pak so it’s normally the other Pak umpires.

His decision on Pandya was overturned but I was very surprised, I thought it would be umpires call or even missing, when it was 3 reds I was stunned, but happy of course :)

I still think he was right, anything over the knee roll- not out. Even the commentators felt he was right not to give it out.

Yes he can umpire ODIs and 20/20s on home tours for Pakistan and has done in the past. But as he is an elite umpire busy with other matches he umpires very few for Pak so it’s normally the other Pak umpires.

how often does Pakistan get elite umpires for its game?

The 3 decisions off 3 consecutive balls were fantastic.

Ball 1: Kohli given not out down the legside through to the keeper (England reviewed for the catch, no edge)

Ball 2: Kohli off the glove to short leg, given out, Kohli instant review with a knowing smile fully thinking no glove. Ultra edge showed contact with a glove and Alim Dar confirms it with his own smile of borne out of satisfaction.

Ball3: Karthick given LBW, reviewed by the batsman again and ball tracking confirms
a 3rd correct decision in a row.

Aleem Dar take a bow sir.

In the interest of fairness, the Pandya one later was overturned but everyone is human.

It just sucks that i have rarely seen him umpire because i only ever watched Pakistani matches, and you dont find umpires umpiring for his local team, plus guys like Aleem Dar are always given duty for India, Australia and England matches.

Really feel proud that we have a great guy serving us in the Umpire field.

I really hate the way the Aussies treat him.

Excellent umpire, one of the best ever. He seemed to suffer a sharp decline few years back, but he has made a strong come back. Deserves a spot in 2019 WC Final, but this one I am sure no Pakistani would wish to happen :(

PCB congratulates Aleem Dar on completing double-century of ODIs

Lahore, 7 May 2019:

The Pakistan Cricket Board today congratulated Aleem Dar on reaching the 200-ODI milestone when he took the field in Dublin for the match between Bangladesh and the Windies.

Aleem, an ICC elite panelist and winner of the David Shepherd Trophy for ICC Umpire of the Year from 2009-2011, has become the third umpire after Rudi Koertzen (209) and Billy Bowden (200) to achieve the rare distinction.

Aleem, who was bestowed with the President’s Award for Pride of Performance in 2010, has been named as one of the umpires for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, which means he can potentially become the most ODI capped umpire during cricket’s pinnacle 50-over event.

PCB Managing Director, Wasim Khan, said: “On behalf of the PCB and all cricket fans, I want to congratulate Aleem on the magnificent achievement of officiating in 200 ODIs. This feat is testament to Aleem’s skill, judgement and commitment to excellence.

“Aleem made a swift and timely transition from a first-class cricketer in 1997 to an international umpire in 2000. Today, he stands tall as one of the most respected and admired umpires in the world.

“Aleem is a strong role model for youngsters and retired cricketers who are looking at careers within the game. Umpiring is a hugely credible profession and provides incredible opportunities for individuals to serve the game and earn an excellent living.

“As a nation, we are immensely proud of Aleem’s achievements and we look forward to him continuing to shine on the world stage.”

In the traditional format of the game, Aleem has umpired in 125 Tests and is three short of Steve Bucknor’s record of 128 Tests. He is sitting on top of the tree in T20Is with 43 matches.

Aleem Dar, reflecting on his achievement, said: “I feel honoured to have reached 200 ODIs. Not only the number of matches, it has been a privilege to be in the elite company of some of the best match officials, to watch the best players of this century around the globe and be involved in some of the most fascinating cricket matches.

“I remember my first ODI, which was coincidentally in my hometown of Gujranwala between Sri Lanka and Pakistan in 2000. My 200th is in Dublin, and it has been a 19-year journey, sometime a tough one without my family who made a big sacrifice for my ambitions and love for the game.

“As an umpire, you make good and bad decisions, and this is all part of the game. What an umpire shouldn’t do is to misinterpret the playing conditions as that is something everyone remembers for a long time.

“There have been lots of highlights in my career, but umpiring in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 is something I remember very fondly as all the 15 referrals against my decisions were upheld by technology. Being involved in some of the epic Ashes clashes, umpiring in the 2004 Antigua Test where Brian Lara scored 400 not out and the 2006 South Africa versus Australia ODI where South Africa chased down 434 to win in Johannesburg are some of the other matches that stand out for me.”

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.206%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/3u45c/uyrqjn" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) has congratulated Aleem Dar of the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Umpires for completing 200 One Day Internationals in the second match of the Ireland tri-series between Bangladesh and the West Indies in Dublin on Tuesday.

The 50-year-old Dar first officiated in an ODI in his hometown of Gujranwala in 2000 when he stood in a match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka. He has been part of ICC’s elite panels since 2004 and will be officiating in his fifth World Cup during the upcoming edition in England and Wales from 30 May to 14 July 2019.

Dar’s career highlights include standing in two ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup finals – in 2007 and 2011. He has also umpired in 125 Test matches, which is the second highest after Steve Bucknor’s 128 Tests, and his 43 Twenty20 Internationals are the highest by any umpire. He is only the third to get to the milestone after Rudi Koertzen (209) and Billy Bowden (200).

Adrian Griffith, ICC’s Senior Manager – Umpires and Referees: “Aleem has been one of our most reliable umpires, who has performed his duties consistently over a long period. The length of his career shows his quality and reflects our belief in him and the role he plays as a custodian of the game. On behalf of the ICC, I would like to congratulate Aleem for reaching this landmark and wish him continued success in his career.”

few questionable decisions throughout the years, especially against the aussies but brilliant advocate for Pakistan and the sport, well done to him

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What a brilliant ambassador Aleem Dar has been for Pakistan and the game of cricket:<br><br>2 World Cup finals (2007 & 2011)<br><br>Part of ICC’s elite panel since 2004 <br><br>125 Tests (2nd highest after Steve Bucknor’s 128)<br><br>200 One-Day Internationals<br><br>43 T20Is (highest by any umpire)<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://t.co/xOZ0xqMvDp">pic.twitter.com/xOZ0xqMvDp</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1125810975905595392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 7, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Standing in the heat for 125 tests (over 500 days), trying to concentrate on each ball delivered, and again in 200 ODIs and then hundreds more of t20s (internationals, IPL, etc), not an easy task by any means.

Remember his flawless umpiring in 2011WC when all his reviewed decisions resulted in review getting wasted.

Has been ICC best umpire of the year for three consecutive years.

Big thumbs up to the gentleman!

Wish Asad Rauf is redeemed back by PCB in some capacity, at least training other umpires or domestics, was a quality umpire as well

some bad decisions by him today agianst Warner.

Aleem Dar is obviously old now and he is probably losing his shine. There used to be a time when Aleem was one of the best umpires.

Nothing but respect for Aleem. Great human being and a legend.

Mad respect for Aleem Dar but he took some really bad decisions yesterday.

Good umpire but mostly awful when I saw him.

Two of his decisions I will never forget.

- Giving ABDV not out after he edged to first slip.
- Denying Tendulkar his comeback hundred after a rough patch of form in 2007, by giving an abysmal lbw decision when he was on 91 circa 2007 against England in England.

Aleem Dar is obviously old now and he is probably losing his shine. There used to be a time when Aleem was one of the best umpires.

Nothing but respect for Aleem. Great human being and a legend.

He was awesomely good around the turn of the decade. Not just with the accuracy of his decisions (which were exceptional), but also with the air of "Don't mess with me" with anyone who chuntered at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 55.000%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/sgf4s/evldwu" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Pakistan's Aleem Dar equaling Steve Bucknor's record of officiating 128th Test

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Aleem Dar has equalled Steve Bucknor's record for most Test matches as an umpire <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a><br><br>Aleem Dar 128<br>Steve Bucknor 128<br>Rudi Koertzen 108<br>Daryl Harper 95<br>David Shepherd 92</p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1161962490961510401?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 15, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When Aleem Dar walked out to the middle at Lord's for the second Ashes Test on Thursday, 15 August, it was his 128th Test match as an umpire.

Only Steve Bucknor, whose career spanned from 1989 to 2009, has stood in as many matches.

It was an especially poignant moment for Dar, who considers Bucknor his idol. "It's a great honour to equal the number of Test matches of my role model, umpire Steve Bucknor," he said in a statement.

"I am thankful to Almighty God, ICC, PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board), my colleagues, my coaches, my club P&T and especially thanks to my family as without their help it was not easy to achieve this."

Dar, 51, featured in 17 first-class games in Pakistan during his playing days, taking 11 wickets with his leg-spin. He has gone on to truly flourish in his umpiring career, having stood in his first ODI in 2000, aged 31, at Gujranwala.

He has been an umpire at all ICC Men's Cricket World Cup events since 2003. He is also one of only three umpires to have officiated in 200 ODIs.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1311886

The umpires had an excellent day.Let us hope they keep the same standard for the rest of the match.It is ok to make a wrong decision on odd occasions.Umpires have a very difficult job to do.

He's made some good decisions so far in this test match

LAHORE - ICC Elite Panel Umpire Aleem Dar was honoured during a reception hosted by former Pakistan team manager Azhar Zaidi for equalizing former West Indian umpire Steve Bucknor’s record of 128 Test matches.

The ceremony was attended by several cricket officials and organizers as well as former Test cricketers Abdul Qadir, Ashraf Ali and Amir Nazir. Azhar Zaidi, Abdul Qadir and Nawab Ashiq Hussain Qureshi, CEO veterans cricket, presented shields to Aleem Dar for his achievements.

Sharing his views, Azhar Zaidi said that Aleem Dar is a hero of Pakistan, who is earning laurels for the country across the globe. “We are proud of hero of this son of Pakistani soil and hope he will continue to shine and bring more laurels to the country.

“I am also hopeful that Prime Minister Imran Khan will also say a few words of appreciation for this great hero and also spare some time from his busy schedule to meet Aleem Dar and honour this umpiring legend in a trend-setting manner,” he added.

Speaking on the occasion, Aleem Dar termed Steve Bucknor as his role model and paid rich tributes to him. “It’s a great honour to equal the number of Test matches of Steve Bucknor. I am grateful to Allah Almighty, the ICC, the PCB, my colleagues, my coaches, my club P&T and my family as without their help as it was not easy to achieve such a big feat,” Dar said.

Dar, 51, featured in 17 first-class games in Pakistan during his playing days, taking 11 wickets with his leg-spin. He has gone on to truly flourish in his umpiring career, having stood in his first ODI in 2000, aged 31, at Gujranwala.

He has been an umpire at all ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup events since 2003. He is also one of only three umpires to have officiated in 200 ODIs.

https://nation.com.pk/29-Aug-2019/icc-elite-panel-umpire-aleem-dar-honoured

Aleem Dar will break Steve Bucknor’s record of most Test matches as an umpire in the first Test match between Australia and New Zealand, which commences in Perth on Thursday.

• The 51-year-old from Pakistan overtakes Steve Bucknor in the list of Test umpires as he officiates in his 129th Test in Perth

• Downloadable images and video of Aleem Dar to be available on our Online Media Zone

The 51-year-old, who took up umpiring after a decade of playing first-class cricket in Pakistan, stands in his 129th Test match as on-field umpire since his debut in Dhaka in 2003 during England’s tour of Bangladesh.

Starting his international career in 2000 during Pakistan’s home ODI series against Sri Lanka, Dar has officiated in 207 One Day Internationals and is only two matches shy of the record of 209 matches in that format held by Rudi Koertzen of South Africa. Dar has also officiated in 46 Twenty20 Internationals.

Aleem Dar: “This is one milestone I had never thought of when I began my umpiring career. It is a truly amazing feeling and a high point of my life when I take the field here in Australia; thousands of miles from where I started my international career at home in Gujranwala.”

“Steve Bucknor was my idol and it is only sinking in now that I will have officiated in more Test matches than him. In the nearly two decades of my international career, I have had the good fortune of watching some memorable matches and achievements like Brian Lara’s Test knock of 400 not out and South Africa’s epic chase of Australia’s score of 434 in an ODI in Johannesburg in 2006.

“It has been a long journey which would not have been possible without the support of my family. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them as well as the International Cricket Council and the Pakistan Cricket Board for giving me the chances I got. I am also thankful to all my colleague match officials for their support over the years. I am committed to doing my best in the coming years and taking on more challenges.”

Adrian Griffith, ICC Senior Manager Umpires and Referees: “Aleem has been a dedicated and consistent umpire over the years. He has been a member of the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Umpires for over 15 years standing across formats with distinction.

“I congratulate Aleem on this milestone and wish him all the best for the game. It is not easy officiating in this modern day of intense scrutiny, but I am sure with his dedication he will continue to move umpiring forward in the years to come.”

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most Test matches as an umpire:<br>Aleem Dar - 129<br>Steve Bucknor - 128<br>Rudi Koertzen - 108<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AUSvNZ?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AUSvNZ</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1204991920226869248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 12, 2019</a></blockquote>

He has been a far better umpire than Steve Bucknor though. Anyways, proud moment for Pakistan.

Really good umpire and deserves all the praise.

Pakistan's Aleem Dar on Thursday surpassed Steve Bucknor's record for officiating in most number of Test matches as an umpire during the first Test of the three-match series between Australia and New Zealand at the Perth Stadium.

The 51-year-old, who took up umpiring after a decade of playing first-class cricket in Pakistan, is standing in his 129th Test match as on-field umpire since his debut in Dhaka in 2003 during England's tour of Bangladesh.

Bucknor officiated in 128 Tests and 181 ODIs between 1989 and 2009.

"This is one milestone I had never thought of when I began my umpiring career. It is a truly amazing feeling and a high point of my life when I take the field here in Australia; thousands of miles from where I started my international career at home in Gujranwala," Dar was quoted as saying by ICC.

"Steve Bucknor was my idol and it is only sinking in now that I will have officiated in more Test matches than him.

"In the nearly two decades of my international career, I have had the good fortune of watching some memorable matches and achievements like Brian Lara's Test knock of 400 not out and South Africa's epic chase of Australia's score of 434 in an ODI in Johannesburg in 2006," he added.

Dar has officiated in 207 ODIs and is only two matches shy of the record of 209 matches in that format held by Rudi Koertzen of South Africa. Dar has also officiated in 46 T20 internationals

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cr...steve-bucknor-most-matches-1627648-2019-12-12

RTX71SGN-770x433.jpeg

Last edited:
Hope not serious in his record breaking appearance!

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/ymn8i/odkuph" frameborder="0" width="50%" height="50%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

e104a1c8-8c25-4a10-96f9-f29c13ccc7aa.jpg

Last edited:
Some more pictures of Aleem Dar after his collision with NZ fielder

ELvhk_6UYAA0U78

ELvhlCNUcAAhoFB

Who will be the next match referee/umpire after the likes of Aleem Dar from the subcontinent?

Aleem Dar is now international cricket's most experienced umpire, having broken Steve Bucknor's record of standing in 128 Test matches. Given he is only 51, I expect Dar sahab to carry on for a few more years.

The ICC, however, should be concerned with the dwindling representation of match referees and umpires from the subcontinent on the elite panel. At present, Javagal Srinath of India and Ranjan Madugalle from Sri Lanka are the only match referees from the subcontinent, while Aleem Dar and Kumar Dharmasena from Sri Lanka are the only umpires. With five Asian nations now playing Test cricket, one should expect more umpires from those countries.

So the question has to be asked - who after Srinath, Dar and Dharmasena from Asia?

I can only think of Ahsan Raza and Shozab Raza from Pakistan. One of them may get a promotion in the next few years.

His umpiring has really declined over the years however. Something else he shares with Bucknor.

how bad is Aleem Dar now? Almost gets everything wrong. It would be interesting to see how many of his decisions got over turned recently.

He should retire

Become part of NCA, groom Pakistani umpires

how bad is Aleem Dar now? Almost gets everything wrong. It would be interesting to see how many of his decisions got over turned recently.

just like Pakistani players he don't want to go on high.

Seems Aleem Dar even broke record for the fastest sprint amongst all umps :D

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/62kq0/dvevyz" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/vlvbw/fwnjgy" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Watched it again - and my word - he is pretty nimble on his feet

He might have a potbelly but he sprints like a gazelle. Well done, Aleem Dar.

Aleem Dar is my favorite umpire of all time. But, he needs to retire now. He has been making a lot of blunders lately.

Still Aleem Dar cannot match the number of howlers by Steve Bucknor.

Bucknor was a good umpire. He mostly gets hates from Indians because of his blunders in the 2008 Indian tour of Australia, particularly Sydney. He was past it at that point though.

Aleem Dar Sahib making a lot of news nowadays!

0:37 sec into the video. Out or not out?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Flintoff vs Kallis.<br><br>2008.<br><br>Goodness me. <a href="https://t.co/1HEIWdWWLM">pic.twitter.com/1HEIWdWWLM</a></p>— Jake Bourke (@JakeBourke) <a href="https://twitter.com/JakeBourke/status/1215108375152746497?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OnThisDay?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#OnThisDay</a> in 1968. One of Pakistan's greatest ambassadors was born in Jhang. Aleem Dar has been a well-respected umpire for over 20 years a holds the record for standing in the most Tests. An inspiration to many, Aleem does a lot for charities & helping young cricketers <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://t.co/sLwcfkYJOB">pic.twitter.com/sLwcfkYJOB</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1269183490299514880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 6, 2020</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The ever professional Aleem Dar "It's been about 7 months since I last umpired. So I requested the Pakistan Cricket Board to give me some practice matches to officiate in so I can get some practice ahead of the Zimbabwe series" <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://t.co/uWOrfRj2mQ">pic.twitter.com/uWOrfRj2mQ</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1319693807768817665?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 23, 2020</a></blockquote>

Aleem Dar set to break record for most ODIs as umpire

Aleem Dar will surpass Rudi Koertzen’s record of most one-day internationals as an umpire in the second match between Pakistan and Zimbabwe on Sunday, which will be his 210th ODI.

Aleem already holds the record in Tests and has officiated in a record 387 international matches

The 52-year-old, who played first-class cricket in Pakistan for over a decade as an all-rounder before taking up umpiring, had also made his ODI debut in Pakistan, when he stood in a match against Sri Lanka in his hometown of Gujranwala in February 2000.

Last year, Aleem passed his idol Steve Bucknor to the top of the Test umpires’ list. He holds the record of officiating in 132 Test matches and is second in the list of T20Is, only behind compatriot Ahsan Raza, with 46 T20Is. Aleem has officiated in 387 international matches so far, the most by any umpire.

Aleem Dar: "It is a matter of great honour for me to be on the top of the list of both Tests and ODIs for umpires.

"When I had started out in the profession, I had never imagined I would get this far. I can only say that I have enjoyed every moment on the field and learning has been an ongoing process all this while.

"I thank my family for standing by me over the years and am grateful to the International Cricket Council and the Pakistan Cricket Board for backing me and providing me with all the opportunities. I am also thankful to all my colleague match officials for their help and support."

Adrian Griffith, ICC Senior Manager Umpires and Referees: "Aleem has been a very consistent umpire over the years, and this is reflected in his 16 years on the Emirates ICC Elite Panel of Umpires.

"We congratulate Aleem on the milestone, and wish him all the best for the upcoming game and series. We are sure many aspiring match officials look up to Aleem, and he will continue to inspire the next generation."

Hes had a great run as umpire Congrats to him for a great career and for being a fine ambassador for pakistan

Its about time tho he started to think about retiring Umpiring isnt kind to ageing umpires who can be brutally exposed and its always better to leave on your terms rather than being pushed out

Back