[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Hasan Mahmud: Bangladesh right-arm fast bowler

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
1725265968087.png

1725265999995.png

Hasan Mahmud is a Bangladeshi cricketer. He plays as a right-arm fast pace bowler. He made his international debut for the Bangladesh cricket team in March 2020.

He made his first-class debut for Chittagong Division in the 2017–18 National Cricket League on 13 October 2017. He made his List A debut for Khelaghar Samaj Kallyan Samity in the 2017–18 Dhaka Premier Division Cricket League on 5 February 2018. In November 2019, he was selected to play for the Dhaka Platoon in the 2019–20 Bangladesh Premier League. He made his Twenty20 debut for Dhaka Platoon in the 2019–20 Bengal Premier League on 12 December 2019.

In December 2017, he was named in Bangladesh's squad for the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World Cup. In November 2019, he was named in Bangladesh's squad for the 2019 ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup in Bangladesh. Later the same month he was named in Bangladesh's squad for the men's cricket tournament at the 2019 South Asian Games. The Bangladesh team won the gold medal, after they beat Sri Lanka by seven wickets in the final. In January 2020, he was named in Bangladesh's Twenty20 International (T20I) squad for their series against Pakistan. The following month, he was named in Bangladesh's Test squad for their one-off match against Zimbabwe.

In March 2020, he was named in Bangladesh's T20I squad for their series against Zimbabwe. He made his T20I debut for Bangladesh, against Zimbabwe, on 11 March 2020. In January 2021, he was named in Bangladesh's One Day International (ODI) squad for their series against the West Indies. He made his ODI debut for Bangladesh, against the West Indies, on 20 January 2021. Later the same month, he was named in Bangladesh's Test squad, also for their series against the West Indies. In March 2023, he was named in Bangladesh's ODI squad for their home series against Ireland. During the third ODI, on 23 March 2023, he took his maiden five-wicket haul in international cricket. In March 2024, he was named in Bangladesh's Test squad for their series against Sri Lanka. He made his Test debut for Bangladesh on 30 March 2024, against Sri Lanka. In May 2024, he was named as a reserve player in Bangladesh's squad for the 2024 ICC Men's T20 World Cup tournament.

Change of line and length worked for Hasan Mahmud to dismiss Mohammad Rizwan and he already bagged 4 wickets in 2nd innings so far

OXer258.jpg

He is not a first choice pacer for Test format. He is playing because main pacers are injured.

Anyway, he did well. Well-deserved 5-fer.

If everyone is fit, Bangladesh's Test pace attack should be Ebadat, Shoriful and Nahid Rana. Taskin, Hasan, Tanzim and Khaled is a pretty good group of backups. I don't think Fizz will play Tests anymore.

If everyone is fit, Bangladesh's Test pace attack should be Ebadat, Shoriful and Nahid Rana. Taskin, Hasan, Tanzim and Khaled is a pretty good group of backups. I don't think Fizz will play Tests anymore.
Don't forget Khaled. He improved a lot too. Although not as talented as the guys you mentioned but can be a work horse in dead pitches

He needs to hit the gym and lose his baby fat while increasing his pace by 5-7 kph. I'm impressed by his consistent line and length in bowling. Shoriful, Hasan & Rana should be first choice.

Back