[PICTURES/VIDEOS] ICC T20 World Cup 2024: Fielding watch

Asad T

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan haven't fielded well of late, with a lot of sloppy work in the series against England and Ireland of late. Let's see if they can change their fortunes in the field in the World Cup. Also, I'm curious to see how the minnow teams field compared to us in this tournament, let's see!

Great work by USA's Stephen Taylor at backward point, saving 4 runs. Really good cricket so far in the first match of this WC.

fFQuXyp.png

Too poor for Kusal Mendis they already have posted a very low total and this missed chance.
IMG-20240603-WA0037.jpg

Some of these catches are just demonstrating how pivotal a fielding unit is in cricket, yet Pakistan are living in prehistoric times with their approach.

Superb catch from Fakhar Zaman in first slip off the bowling of Shaheen Afridi against Canada.
IMG-20240611-WA0034.jpg

A simple catch dropped by Bhurtel at long-off who makes an absolute mess of this and what's worse it runs away for four lol

1718410960718.jpeg

Mark Adair leaps high and takes an excellent catch with the ropes just behind him.

1718557214802.png

This catch would be widely discussed now. Looked grounded to me. Liam Livingston against South Africa.
IMG-20240621-WA0020.jpg

I came here to post about this.

What a catch!!!

I know some people will say that Miller and South Africa were in a too challenging task of 16 form the last over, but who knows, if that full toss shot went for 6, we could have had a "David Miller, Remember the name"

And so the catch meant the World Cup on the line. Surely this has to be the greatest catch ever

I dare anyone to bring up another catch and explain why its better than this one.

That catch if Kapil changed the course of cricket itself. Brought the power to subcontinent.Iconic moment in world cricket.
For me that catch of Viv is the best ever.
Agreed. We also need to remember that in those days fielding and athleticism were not really a priority for the cricketers. That was a great example of catches win matches. Of course the World Cup win made that catch even more momentous.

Back