Players wanted

azhar329

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Assalamalaikum,

Anyone interested in playing league cricket on sundays this coming season pls leave a reply. We are playing primarily in the East London area: 40 over league, 40 over cup and 20/20 cup.

i am interested. i am also in east london

Assalamalaikum bro mehr

insha'Allah I'm in the process of booking nets, there is a problem with block booking, but when I sort something out I'll post on here with the details.

I'm not sure if I can pm you on here to get your mobile number; anyway pls keep your eye on this thread and insha'Allah we can have some nets in the near future.

Take care

ws

EAST London Cricket

I am interested in playing for your Club since I live in East London, also I have played at International Level but obviously cannot disclose details on this post.

We will need to discuss in more detail, please let me know when you are holding net sessions.

Do let me have your personal email address so we can speak more!

Thank you
:shahzaib

Brother, my request for players was genuine, I dont think you're last post was serious.

Last edited:
Assalamalaikum bro mehr

insha'Allah I'm in the process of booking nets, there is a problem with block booking, but when I sort something out I'll post on here with the details.

I'm not sure if I can pm you on here to get your mobile number; anyway pls keep your eye on this thread and insha'Allah we can have some nets in the near future.

Take care

ws
ok let know :)

We dont have an individual website bro but the league does. Yusuf pathan played in the same league for a few years and there are some good cricketers who play.

Hi,

What division is the team in? I live in West London but I played last year in the Mid-Essex league so wouldnt mind the travel....sounds like the quality of cricket is pretty high if players like Yusuf Pathan were playing in it.

I requested your email address so we can discuss further details, having played at International level and still being a young player I live in East London.

If you can provide your email address so we can discuss further, currently I am receiving offers from different clubs so I need to decide ......if you can let me know....thank you

I requested your email address so we can discuss further details, having played at International level and still being a young player I live in East London.

If you can provide your email address so we can discuss further, currently I am receiving offers from different clubs so I need to decide ......if you can let me know....thank you

You have played at international level??

Hi,

What division is the team in? I live in West London but I played last year in the Mid-Essex league so wouldnt mind the travel....sounds like the quality of cricket is pretty high if players like Yusuf Pathan were playing in it.

bro, as far as Im aware there are 4 divisions for this season. There used to be 3 divisions but several new clubs including our one are joining so we have to start from the 4th division.

But the thing is I dont think we're a 4th division team its just that we have to start there; there is also another team I know who I think won a league competition last year and have to start in the 4th division as well. So you could in theory be playing 1st/2nd eleven teams in the 4th division.

But the 40 over cup and 20/20 cup is a mixed competition so everyone plays everyone.

Prior to this club I helped run our club which won the West Indian league (once) and cup (twice). Masha'Allah, this is a new team and we have some good players. The fact that it is a new team may also suit some people.

In terms of the league it is competitive and there are some good players and some not so good. I recently heard that a team I know has an ex under 19 player from Bangladesh so he should be able to bat but it depends.

Insha'Allah I'll post on here when we have the next net and you're welcome to come down. It will be scheduled for a sunday.

What are you batsman, bowler etc ??

Last edited:

brother, please, as I said before Im making a genuine request; I dont find your post amusing.

bro, as far as Im aware there are 4 divisions for this season. There used to be 3 divisions but several new clubs including our one are joining so we have to start from the 4th division.

But the thing is I dont think we're a 4th division team its just that we have to start there; there is also another team I know who I think won a league competition last year and have to start in the 4th division as well. So you could in theory be playing 1st/2nd eleven teams in the 4th division.

But the 40 over cup and 20/20 cup is a mixed competition so everyone plays everyone.

Prior to this club I helped run our club which won the West Indian league (once) and cup (twice). Masha'Allah, this is a new team and we have some good players. The fact that it is a new team may also suit some people.

In terms of the league it is competitive and there are some good players and some not so good. I recently heard that a team I know has an ex under 19 player from Bangladesh so he should be able to bat but it depends.

Insha'Allah I'll post on here when we have the next net and you're welcome to come down. It will be scheduled for a sunday.

What are you batsman, bowler etc ??

Hey Bro...I am a left arm spinner and a middle order batsman...I will watch this thread for further updates :)..

I am not being amusing well if you arrange a net session then I will let you know who I am....post further details.

The nets have been arranged for this Sunday 5th February at
1.00pm (session is from 1-2pm).

It is at: Chingford Cricket Club, Forest Side, Kimberley Way, Chingford, E4 6DE (entrance is Kimberley Way off Kimberley Road).
Tel: 0208 529 5849/0208 529 4931.

See you there insha'Allah.

Just to let you know that tomorrow's net (sunday 5th feb from 1-2pm) has now been cancelled due to the weather. Sorry for the late update but I cancelled the net when I was outside and posted as soon as I got home.

Will post again when its rearranged insha'Allah.

Can I ask you do you pay players who are Professionals, is this a Saturday or Sunday League Matches?

Thanks Smasher good to know we have Intelligent people in this world, who can figure some things out! Take Care

Azhar bro, have you organised any nets yet as season is coming very soon?

Bro, insha'Allah Im trying to book for this sunday and I'll confirm by tonight with all the details. Its provisional at the moment but I have to confirm 100%; keep a look out insha'Allah

Sorry for the late notice, I just confirmed the booking a short while ago;

Nets are this Sunday 19th Feb from 4.15pm to 5.15pm at:

Bancrofts School, High Road, Woodford Green, IG8 0RF; Tel no: 0208 506 6777.

If you cannot get in through the front of the school then go down Whitehall Road for about 200-300 yards which is next to the school, go across the zebra crossing and turn right into the prep school. (I think you're basically going round the back of the school). The Sports Centre is at the back.

Had the first session today; 7 sessions left for those who wish to come. Same time and venue as above.

Bro, there was no pro; the closest thing to a pro was our own player (he's a former under 19 player for sri lanka)

Back