Pommie Mbangwa: The best commentator!!!!

IAJ

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
What a man! I've allways liked his commentary but waited for a sepcial moment to create a thread on him but just loved his commentary when Abdul Razzaq smashed the saffers all over the place!

-Oh yes, oh yes, what a shot!
-Oh my world, can you believe it!
-A sensational innings from Abdul Razzaq, he has take his side singlehandly home....+++

What a man! I've allways liked his commentary but waited for a sepcial moment to create a thread on him but just loved his commentary when Abdul Razzaq smashed the saffers all over the place!

-A sensational innings from Abdul Razzaq, he has take his side singlehandly home....+++

I agree and Muhammad akram said eralier

"The way abdul razzaq and Fawad aalam playing, it seems like they started practise for the test match!"

He might not be the best analytical commentator, but if we were to judge purely on game commentary, he reads the match situation really well and acts appropriately; always been a fan of his. He's the perfect TV commentator.

He is OK, i would have preferred listening to Bumble commentate whilst Razzaq was batting, would have been awesome !!!

He is OK, i would have preferred listening to Bumble commentate whilst Razzaq was batting, would have been awesome !!!

LOL it would have been especially at the end "start the car" or something along those lines.

Ok ok, when I said "best", that was adding a bit masala but I really enjoyed it today, he keeps you interested if you understand what I mean.

Yes he is good, Razzaq's sixes and his commentary is a good combination.

Razzaq's brilliance brought out "the little school girl" in Pommie today. :kapil

Mbangwa's commentary is Awesome!

Has the excitement in his voice as if he is supporting the side who is on top :D

His commentary was EPIC! imo

(yeah bumble is a different league from every other commentator)

tbh it seemed like he forgot he was commentating and was a spectator like us watching Razzaq hit those sixes with a sense of wonder and excitement at the same time. :razzaq

If all you have to do to be called an amazing commentator and the like is say
"Oh myyy.. woooooooooooooord" whenever a six is hit, I think I should get his job and have these threads made about me.

"Oh myyy.. woooooooooooooord" whenever a six is hit, I think I should get his job and have these threads made about me.

lols, what a joker you are. Don't ruin the party man!

sledger, nothing against you bro but thats the 3rd time am lurking through a thread and everyone is excited and appreciating everything linked with this game but you for some reason is not happy. smile buddy......:inzi

sledger, nothing against you bro but thats the 3rd time am lurking through a thread and everyone is excited and appreciating everything linked with this game but you for some reason is not happy. smile buddy......:inzi

Chill, it's all good. I'm just joking. :asif

Razzaqs innings reminded me of Ijaz Ahmeds innings against india in lahore! the bowlers got wobbled all over!

Razzaqs innings reminded me of Ijaz Ahmeds innings against india in lahore! the bowlers got wobbled all over!

Oi when was that?, would love to see that innings as well.

A bit unfair comparing him to Bumble. Bumble is the king. But Pommie is quite good too.

Dont quit your day job yet. :inti

he can capture the excitement of the moment, so don't mind him at all.

Pommie goes a bit over the top sometimes, but generally he's a fan of the game and enjoys seeing good cricket.

I wouldn't say that he's the best commentator (that would go to David Lloyd, Geoffrey Boycott and Robin Jackman in my opinion), but he does contribute to the entertainment value.

I Like Pommie,Lloyd,Boycott and Nasser Hussain. The Indian and Pakistani Commentators are the worst. Especially Bhogle and Ramiz Raja.

Thank God Rameez Raja wasn't commentating..:facepalm:

Thank god Arun Lal or Zaheer Abbas were not commentating.

prefer Nasser Hussain Personally with a bit of bumble

I rate him the best after Bill Lawry.
Pommie has really come to be an absolutely superb commentator who fills the air with sensation and delight. What a commentator !!

cant forget that match, from my POV this hurted as equally as jayasurya's innings...if i remember, they chased 200 something score in 28 overs or so...

"Oh can you believe it!! Can you believe it! Abdul Razzaqqq!!!"

Loved that part.

I loved the part on the 49.2nd ball .... it was so natural and full of pure and uncontrollable excitement ... " OOOOOAAAWWWW Goodness meeee ... He smoooooked that !!! "

and man ! what a sound the bat made !!!! woof !!!!

Luckily for me o didnt had interest in this match. didnt watched SA inning then just watch pak innings cuz of YOUNIS n he looked great but stupid umpire gave once again a wrong out so then i left n didnt watched until i came home n saw last 5 overs and those were great moment, what a batting and a great commentary by bangwa. would have been great if bumble was there

he is most sensational and exciting commentator in this series.

I was looking for some clips of his bowling :( Unfortunately, all I could find is this:
[utube]y2oog5KtTgw[/utube]

He is the last one to get out. He must really love Pak.

He was too good when Razzaq was smashing..
"Ooo my woooooooorrrrrrddddddddd!!!!" was the best! :14:

Thankfully, it was him in the commentary box at that time!

can someone tell why some spectator bring dolls to a match ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :43::79::facepalm:

Rameez is a freaking curse for Pakistani batsmen. Every time he come on we lose a wicket. As soon as he came on at the start of the 30th over, I turned to my family and said "Someone is getting out this over." And sure enough Afridi went on the second ball. He's a bad omen. Akram is even worse. He's got a very negative and pessimistic attitude. His monotonous voice puts you right to sleep.

Ill bet on that:butt

The guys a good commentator. If you think about it in test you haqve got to change your speaking tone like a batsmen has to adapt from odis to tests.

Its when he shouts ''OOOOOAAAWWWW Goodness meeee'' or "Ooo my woooooooorrrrrrddddddddd!!!!" its kinda OTT.

i think he is rite now one of the best commentators around kinda enjoyable

I hate the way he commentates. Watch when he says " thats a beautiful shot "

also you can tell he doesn't like Mohammed Akram

Earlier today he said this which really made me laugh:

"I'm not sure he hit it, I couldn't hear the nick in my ear" :waqar

He's by far on my favourite commentators going about now. And kudos to him for sharing the commentary box with Akram, negates Akram's monotonousness quite a bit.

This guy is probably the best thing to hit TEN SPORTS since sliced bread !!!!
He's a seasoned commentator / or as rameez would put it a "smooth operator"
and knows how to conduct himself in the commentary box and handle situations unlike
our 2x comics who just say stupid things and put you to sleep.

He's a seasoned commentator / or as rameez would put it a "smooth operator"
and knows how to conduct himself in the commentary box and handle situations unlike

He's a seasoned commentator / or as rameez would put it a "smooth operator"and knows how to conduct himself in the commentary box and handle situations unlike

:))). I love this guy too, good comm, not brilliant but decent certainly and a nice chap to boost

The guy is so desperate for South Africa to win, he may as well be wearing a SA shirt.

I don't like his commentary, nothing technical, just obvious statements and a lot of criticism of Pakistani players.

I actually really like his commentary, he is always energetic, and his jokes with Ramiz are the best.

Kepler Wessels I think is a baised commentator, always only talking about South Africans, and how good they are bowling or batting.

Now,Mohammad Akram.Pommie is much more tolerable compared with Mr.Monotone !

The guy is so desperate for South Africa to win, he may as well be wearing a SA shirt.

I don't like his commentary, nothing technical, just obvious statements and a lot of criticism of Pakistani players.

Exactly!

Him & Kepler Wessels are the two most biased commentators going around. Mr. Oh my Word!!!!!!!!!

Mike Haysman is the best from Tensports I'd say

Exactly!

Him & Kepler Wessels are the two most biased commentators going around. Mr. Oh my Word!!!!!!!!!

Mike Haysman is the best from Tensports I'd say

Pommie is a like a neutral alien compared to Rameez. Rameez was virtually begging Younis and Misbah to go for win and every time one of them hit a four he went mental.

A very very good commentator.

there okay commentators but never in top bracket, not even haysy, showers praise to easily. pommie is okay, keppler is grumpy, rameez needs a hair cut, and mo akram, is well.... mo akram.

Back