Prime Minister's XI v England XI | Canberra | 10/01/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did Copeland bowl? I've heard a lot of hype about this guy.

I will quote another Aussie fan on another board.

"Copeland...wow. Just wow.

That's not a good wow."

To be fair he has hype because of an extraordinary first class record. He doesn't even make NSW 2nd XI in LOC.

Good matching winning ton from Bell.

Intrested to see of he gets a place in the england ODI side?

I have heard about Pattison ie he is a genuine tearaway and looks for wickets.

Pattison's the one with the unique hairstyle, right?! :)) he did trouble Pietersen today with a few short balls.

Should be the first bowler picked if fit. But who knows with our selectors these days.

I guess so too. I watched the match live today and the commentators were full of praise for him, he did look completely fit and didn't bowl as badly as his figures suggest. Some really good throws from the outfield too.

I have heard about Pattison ie he is a genuine tearaway and looks for wickets.

He is the most highly rated of our 3 young quicks, Hazelwood and Starc are the other 2. But none of them can stay on the park for more than 3 games.

Will be playing for us this summer though as he appears to be fit for a change. And our other bowlers suck.

Pietersen had a solid Ashes, or certainly had his best series of any description for a long time - apart from the World Twenty20 of course, but that was just weird how well he played in that. This season he has done his 227 and his fair share with the bat, and took a hatful of catches - that makes him just about good enough for now. He is sadly no longer the upper-middle order batsman to die for - the days of 2005-2008 are long gone - but he remains a good player for England.

Impressive win for mixture of England full and second-string side. Bell just gets better and better - I haven't decided yet, but I'm not sure that I've seen a more naturally talented batsman in the England shirt since I started watching in '99. My stab at a team for the first ODI would be as follows:

Strauss (c)
Davies (wk)
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Morgan
Bresnan
Yardy
Swann
Shahzad
Tremlett

T20 squad is pretty much the same apart from Lumb and Finn being added, so I guess you would have Lumb in for Strauss and have Collingwood as captain. With the return of Pietersen, not sure where Trott fits in to either XI now - he's been damn useful in ODI cricket so far but maybe when the pressure's on, he scores too slowly. They may well prefer him to one of my batsmen though.

England beat NZ and Aus in the tri-series on their last tour of Oz, almost unbelievable really, given how bad our tour and our team had been. I won't be losing sleep over the result of these nine (yes nine...) games but it would be nice to win as many as possible - our record on this tour thus far is won 6, drawn 3, lost 1. Therefore a strong LOI showing would complete a very happy tour indeed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back