Provide one wonder tip that can turn PCB into Cricket Australia

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Cricket Australia indeed is insulated from change of players, officials and coach. But still it is the best performing cricket board in the world.

In contrast, PCB is not even a poor man's Cricket Australia board. So what one advice as a cricket enthusiast or expert you will like to submit? To pull PCB out of their current infamy.

Bro he is just a player lol... Even if we kick him out there is still a great deal of mess to be cleaned.
He isn’t just a player

I’ve been watching Pakistan cricket for 20+ years

This guy is the biggest reason why I have completely lost trust in the PCB. Nothing is right, genuine with the promotion of this guy as a Cat A player of Pakistan cricket since 2019. I know in my soul that I am right about him!

If the thread asks for a “one wonder tip”, that’s what you will get. Rome wasn’t built in a day, PCB won’t become CA with a “one wonder tip” either.
Politics will need to go to start with. I wish we could get that in BCCI too.

Pakistan and other desi countries are no match to Australia when it comes accountability and system efficiency. Australia doesn't have problems like corruption, internal politics etc. Not to the extent Pakistan/other desi countries have.

If the thread asks for a “one wonder tip”, that’s what you will get. Rome wasn’t built in a day, PCB won’t become CA with a “one wonder tip” either.
But you can be straight to the point. That’s the definition of Australian cricket and their mindset. They don’t overthink, justify pathetic standards. They know what the standard is, who fits that standard and what must be done to reach that standard.

Those who don’t fit that standard, know it and accept it that they don’t. You won’t see them whinge about it, you won’t see them cry about it to their fiends in the media. They either work hard to reach that standard, or make way for those who they know fit it.

I have Soooooooooo many issues with Babar and Rizwan for not accepting the need to adapt… that too at a time when the whole world was years ahead of them even in 2019-2021 (supposedly their golden years)

I have sooooooooo many issues with their pathetic fans going after players who try their best to reach that standard but fail in positions where Pakistan needs players to step up

You all have a Sworn Enemy in me. I will not spare anyone who is hypocritical in criticising players with a much tougher job but have plenty of time for 2 frauds opening the innings!

Need to raise the IQ of the team. They should go into private schools and sponsor kids with potential so they are compensated for neglecting their studies for cricket.

I don't want to see age fudging mid 20s construction workers suddenly turning pro and making the team.

Need to raise the IQ of the team. They should go into private schools and sponsor kids with potential so they are compensated for neglecting their studies for cricket.

I don't want to see age fudging mid 20s construction workers suddenly turning pro and making the team.
That’s not as easy as it sounds bro.

The kids coming from good private schools in Pakistan are a bunch of softies.

The main thing is fearlessness. Aussies/ white players from a grassroots level are generally fearless. They love all the challenges posed to them in the field, with the ball and with the bat.

I find this "Aussie mentality" stuff to be overdone.

For a lot of people in the subcontinent, cricket is their only source of joy.

Our cricketers are under significantly more pressure than the Aussies. There's a reason besides SL in 96, we've all bottled WC finals to Australia.

No one's burning Pat Cummins' effigy outside his house if he doesn't do well in a tournament. But in part of the world, even the Sachin's and Inzi's aren't spared.

A long story .I was there when pak played against aus in scg test match this year.Rizwan hoicked a leg side shot and ball dropped in no man's land .it's 40 feet away from smith(deep square leg position).smith ran 25 to 30 feet and was not able to get near.I was thinking no one must have got it near the ball if not smith.An aussie sitting next to me sweared at smith for dropping that catch.my desi mentality was shell shocked for calling it a dropped catch. Demanding the highest standards is the first step I believe.We will not do it as we are lazy in first place.

ALmost all great teams start with great leaders. Clive Lloyd, Alan Border, Steve Waugh, Ricky Ponting, MSD. Pakistan never needed this after Imran as they won mostly because of individual brilliance. That individual brilliance has diminished.Lack of professionalism gets exposed. Pakistan needs a smart leader at this point. Good leader win matches with average teams.

On another thought. Is it really a big deal and needed for t20. Tests definitely. But for t20 hoe about replicate afghan board or bcb. Who both made it to second round. Or Nepal who gave tough fight to big teams given their ranking.

Its tine to admit , pure talent is also lacking. Surgeries can't make our Shadabs into Rashid Khan or Lamichane even.

It’s a culture thing. There is no hero worship in Australia. It’s not a simple ‘change this and that’ and you’ll be like CA. They are winners in multiple sports while in the subcontinent Cricket is the most popular and followed sport, so anyone excelling there is deemed a hero and celebrated in a cult like following. Given so many different factors I don’t see PCB (or BCCI) becoming like CA any time soon.

10 top teams with the 2nd tier also being 10 and select the best based on performances.

Do promotion and relegation of players based on 2 year performances.

Batsman in Lahore 2nd team scores at an average of 50 for two seasons - promote him and replace with batsman from 1st team averaging 30 after two seasons.

This is the only way to drive up the best and encourage improvements from players.

Have green, bouncy, turning and flat pitches.

I find this "Aussie mentality" stuff to be overdone.

For a lot of people in the subcontinent, cricket is their only source of joy.

Our cricketers are under significantly more pressure than the Aussies. There's a reason besides SL in 96, we've all bottled WC finals to Australia.

No one's burning Pat Cummins' effigy outside his house if he doesn't do well in a tournament. But in part of the world, even the Sachin's and Inzi's aren't spared.

Sport at international level always carries huge pressure, I don't think we should make excuses for Pakistan players who weren't able to perform. Maybe it's not even about pressure in the first place, the simpler answer is that the players are not technically good enough.

@mominsaigol brother the floor is all yours

Tell these guys about the way Australia raises their athletes from a grassroots level.
Rome wasn't a built in a day however we aren't building a god damn country.

Pakistan is a mid card team in that genetically pakistani players aren't as built as Australian player 100% agree however following their model to become a decent cricketing nation is not hard.

Seriously what's so hard about the aussie model? They play their best period. If a player doesn't perform, they replace with someone who can?

Warner and head are opening because their PP openers and utilise it. And their quality plain and simple. Players like jake Fraser who alot of fans including myself are having to wait and sit out, because Australia is not willing to rush the kid or use him as some sort of scapegoat like Babar is doing with players like saim.

They'll develop fraser when he's good and ready.

Now as for grassroot level.

Australia is a difficult team to get into even at grassroot level. School boys train their butts off every single day and practise with world class coaches every single day. From these school boys aka university teams max 10-15 will ever be selected and get to play domestic, From here 10-15 will be selected to represent the international team.

Case in point, they develop the best and hire the best, their is no dosti yaari, Nepotism or any of that drama. Someone like shan or azam wouldn't ever dream of entering the aussie team irrespective of culture.

Their is no dosti yaari, no one like Mitchell stark, His teammates hate him as a person but it doesn't matter. He's their because he's the best in recent times granted he's regressed since his 2015 days.

If you want Pakistan to become like CA, Get rid of this babar dosti regime fir a start and actually start developing and hiring your best.

Is you think think Babar and rizwam are your best when the country in the past have developed players like saeed anwar, then you're in for a rude awakening.

Once you fix and implement on grassroot level, Maintain proper fitness standards. Get off your social media and start properly representing your nation ahead of Bobby individual interest only then you'll learn to become a mid card team.

If a war torn country like Afghanistan can do it, and Pakistan did it under sarfraz in 2017 and it took sarfi less then a year to pull it off, then theirs no reason it should take more them a year to fix certain issues and become a mid card team again

Stop listening to everything ImmyK says. He has already ruined PCT enough. Hope he won't make a comeback.
:inti

The first wonder tip is to stop this dosti yaari culture.

Even our fans are divided because imad and Amir were included.

Oh bhai, Stop this babar babar cult nonsense and act like he or misbah can't be critised. And stop giving captains that much power.

The reason Marsh is am equal captain to pat Cummings is because he alone isn't making decisions, Their playing and functioning as a team.

Not every player likes each other in Australia. No one like Mitchell stark, They ain't buddies but when their in the dugout, they talk and plan about cricket and gell, That's all that matters.

This whole let's go Texas yee haw chacha mode must stop.

Why wasn't abrar played? To protect shadab? Or because babar doesn't like him? This would never happen in CA, if Warner wasn't performing they'd boot him for jake fraser in a heartbeat, Theirs no such thing as respect and seniority, It is earned. Warner earned it via performance and being an ATG, Shadab over abrar cause of seniority is the most backward nonsense approach I have ever witnessed

Sport at international level always carries huge pressure, I don't think we should make excuses for Pakistan players who weren't able to perform. Maybe it's not even about pressure in the first place, the simpler answer is that the players are not technically good enough.
Not denying every top-level athlete has pressure, but I can't imagine it's anything like a subcontinental cricketer faces.

Tendulkar was practically worshipped and a whole nation tied their self-worth to his batting exploits.

The closest comparison I can think of is the Beckham-era England team wilting under the relentless media scrutiny. Since the weight of expectation was lifted after a decade of disappointments, they started doing better albeit losing semis and finals a la India in cricket.

Not denying every top-level athlete has pressure, but I can't imagine it's anything like a subcontinental cricketer faces.

Tendulkar was practically worshipped and a whole nation tied their self-worth to his batting exploits.

The closest comparison I can think of is the Beckham-era England team wilting under the relentless media scrutiny. Since the weight of expectation was lifted after a decade of disappointments, they started doing better albeit losing semis and finals a la India in cricket.

I think you are overcomplicating this. Generally you will find there are sportsmen who can handle pressure and those who can't. Once you reach a certain level whether you are getting effigies burnt or not won't make much difference.

I'm not sure if Pakistan players are weak mentally, but they do lack experience and technique on seaming wickets, those are the reasons I would give for their failures before looking deeper.

<B>Rome wasn't a built in a day however we aren't building a god damn country.</B>

Pakistan is a mid card team in that genetically pakistani players aren't as built as Australian player 100% agree however following their model to become a decent cricketing nation is not hard.

Seriously what's so hard about the aussie model? They play their best period. If a player doesn't perform, they replace with someone who can?

Warner and head are opening because their PP openers and utilise it. And their quality plain and simple. Players like jake Fraser who alot of fans including myself are having to wait and sit out, because Australia is not willing to rush the kid or use him as some sort of scapegoat like Babar is doing with players like saim.

They'll develop fraser when he's good and ready.

Now as for grassroot level.

Australia is a difficult team to get into even at grassroot level. School boys train their butts off every single day and practise with world class coaches every single day. From these school boys aka university teams max 10-15 will ever be selected and get to play domestic, From here 10-15 will be selected to represent the international team.

Case in point, they develop the best and hire the best, their is no dosti yaari, Nepotism or any of that drama. Someone like shan or azam wouldn't ever dream of entering the aussie team irrespective of culture.

Their is no dosti yaari, no one like Mitchell stark, His teammates hate him as a person but it doesn't matter. He's their because he's the best in recent times granted he's regressed since his 2015 days.

If you want Pakistan to become like CA, Get rid of this babar dosti regime fir a start and actually start developing and hiring your best.

Is you think think Babar and rizwam are your best when the country in the past have developed players like saeed anwar, then you're in for a rude awakening.

Once you fix and implement on grassroot level, Maintain proper fitness standards. Get off your social media and start properly representing your nation ahead of Bobby individual interest only then you'll learn to become a mid card team.

If a war torn country like Afghanistan can do it, and Pakistan did it under sarfraz in 2017 and it took sarfi less then a year to pull it off, then theirs no reason it should take more them a year to fix certain issues and become a mid card team again
Dude, “Rome wasn’t built in a day” is an adage, what it means is that you can’t do one great thing and everything just happens; it takes time to make a change. Don’t take it literally!!
There are too many factors affecting the performance, including team culture, country culture, pressure, importance of a sport in a country, political interference, money, nepotism, hero worship (comes under culture though), education, street smarts.
I was responding to the OP message that asked for a magic bullet to cure world hunger and I said it will need a 1000 magic bullets to make that happen.
Calm down.

If you fix fitness, you will prevent the actual talented players from not fulfilling their talent. It will also improve fielding, running between the wickets, discipline etc. which all help. We shouldn’t even have unfit players in domestic or youth cricket let alone international.

Talent it’s much harder to suddenly produce. Same with changing the domestic structure, it’s not clear exactly what will work. Fix the things that are easier and clearer to fix first. Then worry about the rest. But what we keep doing is making exceptions for fitness standards, letting players become unfit. It never works out in the long run. Even if the unfit players perform, they will usually have a limited shelf life as a cricketer anyway when age catches up with them and then we have to find new guys to replace them.

Pakistan has to stop taking T20Is way too seriously. Best way to get better at it. Because they take it seriously they are afraid of making changes doing experiements even in bilaterals.

Might as well as do a Ted Lasso right now, hire a Baseball coach.

Leverage proactive strategies, harness cutting-edge analytics and foster a culture of continuous innovation to optimize performance across all stakeholders.

Corpo speech for you.

remove corruption.. fine the match fixers in the team ... reduce salaries.. make players work hard for money... sudden increase in assets/bunglows/sports cars must be checked....

Not possible for both India and Pakistan to match that level. Here’s why:

- Shield cricket. Top quality and competitive.

- Cricket is not a matter of life or death for them, it’s also not the sole way of earning $$$ for them. Hence they’re not super nervous when playing and are mostly confident.

- Players are educated and have high IQs. Those coming up also come from an educated background.

- A culture of playing a particular brand of cricket, a legacy. Their players are so confident and it again comes down to education and high IQ.

- Upcoming talent pool that is picked on merit from shield and domestic cricket.

Unfortunately cricketers in the subcontinent are mostly uneducated villagers and have below average IQ levels. It holds true for both India and Pakistan but the prevalence now is much less in India as they have high IQ and educated cricketers coming up.

Unfortunately the educated and rich class in Pakistan does not even consider sending their kids to play professional cricket.

It’s not part of any of the top and elite schools of Pakistan. Or even tier 2 schools. Parents cannot even think about sending their young kids to play cricket and sacrifice school time / education.

This is slowly changing but at a very low rate, can’t see Pakistan becoming a top team unless this changes.

Fill the team with 12 Aussies...an Aussie coach and backroom staff move them all to Australia and give them a kangaroo mascot

If Usman Khawaja played for Pakistan they would have kept him on the bench for years and given him a surprise debut on a green mamba, 3 more flops and he would have been kicked out. Would now be playing for sui gas :ROFLMAO:

He's a perfect example why it's not the lack of talent that's the issue.

ALmost all great teams start with great leaders. Clive Lloyd, Alan Border, Steve Waugh, Ricky Ponting, MSD. Pakistan never needed this after Imran as they won mostly because of individual brilliance. That individual brilliance has diminished.Lack of professionalism gets exposed. Pakistan needs a smart leader at this point. Good leader win matches with average teams.
Great point. In the modern era, two of the best examples that come to mind are Stephen Fleming and Michael Vaughan.

Just getting rid of Rizwan will be enough to see a 50% improvement in team performance. Other than that reinstating Saifi and giving him full creative control may allow for us to reach the same level we were in 2019 and the longer he stays the better we will get

Just getting rid of Rizwan will be enough to see a 50% improvement in team performance. Other than that reinstating Saifi and giving him full creative control may allow for us to reach the same level we were in 2019 and the longer he stays the better we will get
Yeah which means losing at home to Sri Lanka. Great times were those.

Yeah which means losing at home to Sri Lanka. Great times were those.
Nope. The great times are happening right now

Losing to Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, Ireland and the US

Failing to win any silverware despite being given 5 chances to do so

Failing to win a single test match at home

The team is fully divided and controlled by a single talent agency

We are truely living in the great times of Pakistan cricket not like when Saifi was captain and we were the number 1 T20 team and had a ICC trophy under our belt

Ricky Ponting summed up the Australian mentality when the Pat Cummins team won the ODI WC in India ie the Aussie team is going to celebrate and party hard tonight but I guarantee you tommorow is going to be a new day, the captain and selectors will meet, discuss the players needed to win the next tournament 4 years down the line and if it means moving on from the present team then so be it, no one survives in the Australian team based on reputation and past performances, achievements.

And here in Pakistan our present players are still living off the 2017 CT, 2021 & 2022 T20 WC performances.

Ricky Ponting summed up the Australian mentality when the Pat Cummins team won the ODI WC in India ie the Aussie team is going to celebrate and party hard tonight but I guarantee you tommorow is going to be a new day, the captain and selectors will meet, discuss the players needed to win the next tournament 4 years down the line and if it means moving on from the present team then so be it, no one survives in the Australian team based on reputation and past performances, achievements.

And here in Pakistan our present players are still living off the 2017 CT, 2021 & 2022 T20 WC performances.
That’s not really true

Australia have been carrying Starc, Warner and Maxwell on past performances and the threat of what they can do on their best day.

Can you please share that Ponting statement

That’s not really true

Australia have been carrying Starc, Warner and Maxwell on past performances and the threat of what they can do on their best day.

Ponting mentioned it in commentary. Warner is playing his final tournament for Australia. Starc and Maxwell will be gone in a heartbeat when their performances dip

That’s not really true

I wouldn't be suprised. Warner and maxwell haven't been performing in IPL but have in international, And Australia are selecting them on the basis of International performance. Same with stark.

But Australia will discard them in a heartbeat if they don't show up. That's how they've always functioned and how a cohesive unit is made

It's the fear of failure that's holding them back. The whole of Australia isn't watching ICC cricket unlike in the subcontinent. Makes a huge difference with the teams. India don't play their free flowing style of cricket in ICC tournaments that they otherwise display in bilateral cricket.

It's the fear of failure that's holding them back. The whole of Australia isn't watching ICC cricket unlike in the subcontinent. Makes a huge difference with the teams.
Highly doubt that. This team doesn't give off the vibe of fight for your life, it gives off the vibe that they don't even care and are here on holiday and just wanna go back home for Eid

Highly doubt that. This team doesn't give off the vibe of fight for your life, it gives off the vibe that they don't even care and are here on holiday and just wanna go back home for Eid

I get fear vibes from the Pak team, not 'I dont care' vibes.

I get fear vibes from the Pak team, not 'I dont care' vibes.
Those fear vibes don't seem to be present during their social media nonsense.

Fear and pressure will remain during games 100% but its more so individual fear aka for Babar is fear of being removed from captaincy, fir the rest its fear of being dropped.

Theirs no fear of not winning or having the opposition beat us

I want all of you guys to know, for those claiming Pakistan can't be like CA, I agree but remember, Afghanistan a war torn country became a proper solid mid class side, that would wash Pakistan black and blue.

Ask yourself why they did it and why we couldn't, I'll give you a hint. Not playing abrar to protect shadab.

Other than that reinstating Saifi and giving him full creative control may allow for us to reach the same level we were in 2019 and the longer he stays the better we will get

LOL.

This is not going to solve anything. Saw Quetta in PSL? Sarfaraz is not the same anymore.

If we have to bring washed-up guys then Shoaib Malik is still a better middle-order batter than the likes of Azam and IFFI... Bring him back too.

It's extremely difficult for anyone else to copy Australlia. Even England and India struggle to compete with them, PCB has no chance.

Australia does not have to suffer from age fraud , has only 6 teams (much more competitive domestic cricket ), and in terms of coaching/player development they are far ahead of everyone else.

They are in an enviable position wherein they can simply pick the best players in their domestic and they usually turn out to be the best players in the country since they have already come through such a rigorous system .

The teams which did wonders inspite of poor infrastructure and system were the one which have chosen a good captain and given a free hand to him ..Choose one dynamic captain and give him all the rights and responsibilities... Gambling of a sort but when system is not good a good captain can compensate most of the shortcomings and encourage the team towards a goal..

Azam khan being the biggest dumb decision
Do u think azam ll play ahead of rizwan if he was austrailian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banned Misbah tuktuk type Players and Defensive mindset players… Any player who speaks to Misbah… will be banned for Spot fixing for playing Tuktuk
Which of our high scoring high risk players scored 20 runs even?? Its time u admit and play acc to ur strenghts. U dont have head and buttler sitting in domestic.

I have been asking same question for all the cry babies crying about sr and lack of intent name me replacements. 3 of ur star players played and did zilch. Forget that name better players a better captain.

The fact is that pcb is as dumb as its fans. These fans have no basics no understanding and will only cry without having any reality checks themselves.
Heard someone say babar is bad captain yess get in that boat. He was genuinely bad in last wc but this wc his major flaw was giving superover to amir. Rest his placements bowling changes were on spot.

Fakhar azam saim chacha combined failed to score 100 runs in 4 matches. How can u blame it on tuk tuk or sr or babar
Fans need bigger reality check than the board

Give replacements of babar rizwan
U dont have half good wicket keeper in domestic. No one in domestic is as good as babar at 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan isn’t Australia as a country (in terms of its governance & functionality), therefore expecting PCB, which is a tiny element of PAK governance is unrealistic by even a laundry list of ideas (let alone one point solution).

Still, if I’m to pick one, may be demolish the entire governance structure of PCB (or let the governing body stay as ornamental), put a professional (this one may be an Aussie or Brit) as all powerful CEO for a guaranteed significant period, then allow him to hire his first line of repartees (like COO, CFO, CCO, CTO….), empower him running the operation as a corporate without any political influence or interference.

He (his CTO) will plan, design & implement everything related to cricket - the domestic structure, grass root development, selection policy, coaching staffs, facilities, payments, team leadership ……. within the allocated budget.

It's extremely difficult for anyone else to copy Australlia. Even England and India struggle to compete with them, PCB has no chance.

Australia does not have to suffer from age fraud , has only 6 teams (much more competitive domestic cricket ), and in terms of coaching/player development they are far ahead of everyone else.

They are in an enviable position wherein they can simply pick the best players in their domestic and they usually turn out to be the best players in the country since they have already come through such a rigorous system .
Good thing about Australia is that their players take their domestic cricket seriously unlike subcontinent players.

Indian players take domestic very seriously. They have to.

The issue is that the system itself is nowhere near as good as the Aussies'.
But the restrictions to play that applies only on new comers but not on the likes of Pandya

Cricket Australia indeed is insulated from change of players, officials and coach. But still it is the best performing cricket board in the world.

In contrast, PCB is not even a poor man's Cricket Australia board. So what one advice as a cricket enthusiast or expert you will like to submit? To pull PCB out of their current infamy.
increase the economy 10X. Done!!

Australian players are all athletes and make their preparations with an elite mindset, while we think that we can still compete rolling up the likes of Azam Khan and old man Ifti.

But the restrictions to play that applies only on new comers but not on the likes of Pandya
Senior cricketers don't play a lot of domestic anywhere. Even the Aussie cricketers don't play Shield cricket full season now. They play max 1 or 2 games before the international season and that is also only if they need the match practice.

Back