Recommended Cricket Stores

Can someone share their experience with ordering from prodirectcricket, I have ordered a Redback Paradox LE yesterday, received my confirmation email, order status indicates its "back order". On that product's page, there is no indication that its sold out or back ordered when added to

Has anyone ordered any items for delivery to Canada? How many days did it usually take? I am assuming its forwarded to Canada Post via Royal Mail, were there any Customs charges?

Last edited:
They are legit; some of us have bought from there. But if it says backorder it means the order might get canceled eventually. They do not update their catalog regularly and that is one of the common complaints. If you are lucky, you might get your wish fulfilled but might take around 14 days for the bat to be dispatched. I hope this helps.

Thanks Zeusky for your feedback. I do have a feeling that this order will not be as prompt or straight forward as I expected.

They appear to be a proper, large operation. It is disappointing that they are unorganized :butt and fail to update their inventory, this is one of the biggest irritant for customers. I will cross my fingers and hope for the best. It doesnt matter how long they take, as long as they deliver. Our nets dont start for another 6 weeks.

ps: if anyone is looking to play some morning T25 league cricket, our club is recruiting.

There is one guy called 'tim' and this is what he posted on another forum;

tim2000s said:
Seems that if you placed an order, they are back ordered and you may not get it before christmas.

Can someone share their experience with ordering from prodirectcricket, I have ordered a Redback Paradox LE yesterday, received my confirmation email, order status indicates its "back order". On that product's page, there is no indication that its sold out or back ordered when added to

Has anyone ordered any items for delivery to Canada? How many days did it usually take? I am assuming its forwarded to Canada Post via Royal Mail, were there any Customs charges?

I seem to be the resident PDC expert so I'll chime in here :D

PDC is excellent in respect to efficiency but sometimes things can get a little complicated as they're a rather large retailer. Generally a product will say "backordered" or "will dispatch in 7 days", this usually means "we'll send the item out once we get it" so 7 days isn't an accurate representation of when your product will ship.

If you're not willing to wait, I believe you can cancel your order on the "My Account" page but that's up to you.

As for shipping, I've usually only had to wait a week though Canada Post sometimes likes to take their time with things.

Customs, as usual is a bit dicey. If it comes through Canada Post, you're less likely to get hit with customs though there is no guarantee.

Best of luck :)

Thanx Shirazi, appreciate your prompt and detailed response.

I got an amazing deal for a top product. Since im not in a rush, I dont mind waiting at all.

What have you ordered from PDC so far?

I've picked up a couple of lower end GM bats as well as a few pairs of gloves, pads and smaller things (grips, thigh guards etc.) over the last year.

They've been good as far as I can tell, though they don't offer the same level of service as a smaller shop. It's a trade off between price and service but if you're not buying top of the line bats they'll do just fine.

Yaar I had bought my Harlequin off them, it was actually Asad Bhai who ordered it for me and did everything for me, hence, I don't know about there service.

So the bat I got was the one displayed on the website, not sure if that happens everytime but that is what happened with me.

Yaar I had bought my Harlequin off them, it was actually Asad Bhai who ordered it for me and did everything for me, hence, I don't know about there service.

So the bat I got was the one displayed on the website, not sure if that happens everytime but that is what happened with me.

That's funny, I got the same GM they had on the website and so did Majid with his M&H I think. Strange......

I've picked up a couple of lower end GM bats as well as a few pairs of gloves, pads and smaller things (grips, thigh guards etc.) over the last year.

They've been good as far as I can tell, though they don't offer the same level of service as a smaller shop. It's a trade off between price and service but if you're not buying top of the line bats they'll do just fine.

I ordered a Redback Paradox LE.

Have you been dinged with customs yet? did you have any issues like the "back Order" message? Im guessing you are in the GTA, which league do you play in, if you dont mind me asking?

I will be very happy if they send the one as shown on their site.

I had that back ordered message a couple of time when I ordered there; after inquiring after a few days they simply canceled my order and e-mailed me saying that the item is out of stock and my card has not been charged.

BTW, I like your new appellation.

I had that back ordered message a couple of time when I ordered there; after inquiring after a few days they simply canceled my order and e-mailed me saying that the item is out of stock and my card has not been charged.

BTW, I like your new appellation.

Do you mind telling what products were they?

One was a Puma Iridium 3000-- I think without VAT it was around 99 dollars :O

And the other one was M&H Original.

Both efforts failed :(

Thanks Zeusky, my favorite shot was already taken by Uzair, had to select my number 2 shot :)

I will pass, Im not the type to make noise on social media, unless someone infringed on my rights or defrauded me :)

Update: Redback has been shipped by PDC. Will update and post a review when I receive it.

Why would u want to deal with Uzi when you get better quality products from Online Stockist for much less. I dont deal with such retailers as Uzispot who have no customer service and high prices. I messaged uzisports abt buying kook n GN and no reply, crap customer service.

That comment in my opinion is inaccurate and unfair. If you have something personal, keep it personal, dont try to discourage others.

I have had prompt response from Asad bhai at Uzi sports, via email and he answers the phone promptly. I know a few people who only deal with Uzi Sports due to their customer service and product quality.

I am still waiting for a reply from Online Stockist after sending multiple emails, its been a couple of months. I was going to place an order for the SS LE bat, I never got a response, I tried to call a few times and no one answered the phone. Ajit at Onlinestockist lost my business due to poor customer service.

Good one boss; I suspect we will be getting more than one review on that.

Yes my friend, you will definitely get a few updates along the way.

I must say that your articulation and composition is exemplary, I am yet to write a review.

Where did I discourage others from buying. I am simply telling the forum about by bad experience with Uzi sports I contacted them several times but got no answer simply because I deal with Ajit and recommend him to others.

That still doesnt justify your rant. after scoring 1460 runs here, I was not expecting that from you. By digging up a post that was over two months old, when no one has asked for your opinion sounds like you were discouraging others.

Uzi Sports is an active member of this forum, with regular posts, most recent one being yesterday. If you did have any issues or wanted to communicate with Uzi sports, you could have always approached him here.

As far as Onlinestockist is concerned, Ajit has no presence on this, or any other forum. Reviews of his store online and on Facebook are full of complaints about lack of response/communication and delays in shipping.

I have never received any emails from Majid and I am a seller so why should I stop selling to any individuals. I have a web site and shop and if you think prices are high or products are not better than other retailers then you are welcome to buy from other retailers.
You are the only one who had bad experience with Uzi Sports well I am not sure How can you justify it.
Regards

Asad

Majid if you have any issues then email Asad Bhai directly and sort them out, please don't do it on PakPassion.

Likewise if anyone has issues with Ajit they should directly contact him not you or this forum.

Thanks

If anyone has any issues with anything please donate me a bat and I will solve the issue for you :))

Where did I discourage others from buying. I am simply telling the forum about by bad experience with Uzi sports I contacted them several times but got no answer simply because I deal with Ajit and recommend him to others.

I think it's only fair that if people can write bad reviews of my store in this forum the this person can write bad reviews about any store he wishes.

The fact of the matter is none of us want to give bad service, but sometimes it just happens, or you catch us on a bad day.

Fair is fair, if he got bad device then this is the forum to write about it right?

that is fair commet but if a person has never contacted us, how can he justify that he received bad service

Regards

Asad

I think it's only fair that if people can write bad reviews of my store in this forum the this person can write bad reviews about any store he wishes.

The fact of the matter is none of us want to give bad service, but sometimes it just happens, or you catch us on a bad day.

Fair is fair, if he got bad device then this is the forum to write about it right?

that is fair commet but if a person has never contacted us, how can he justify that he received bad service

Regards

Asad

Fair comments from both Hammer and Asadbhai.

Zeusky is soliciting bat ki supari...creative!

Is not working man :(

Asad is yet again not telling the truth, I recently messaged him on msn few times but he did not reply to my query. One of the convo's I started with Asalaam Alaikum and I thought he would reply being a muslim but he did not reply to that and next day I messaged him again but still no reply. I did not want to post this on the forum but I did because all is not what it seems with US. He does not treat all customers the same.

Last edited:
Majid, can you please just outline your experience with Uzisports. Atleast put something out there that maybe can be addressed. The point of this forum is the sharing of knowledge, good and bad alike.

I will also add something regarding Online stockist, I've said it before so its nothing new.
I know of a couple of people who bought blank bats from him and got duds, ie buying G1's and getting G2 and max grainers having only 8/9 grains. To be fair I have also seen a gun SS bat sent from him so from this you need to be careful when dealing and communicating expectations.
Also recently heard the gloves he is selling are small mens, not his fault they clearly state "mens" on the labels but its actually a small mens to us.

I had experiences with Uzi sports long time ago and they were good experiences. But when I started dealing with Ajit more and started recommending him to other then things changed. Asad started ruining my topics, middle of my bat review he posts something against OLS and telling when he will receive his next bat shipment. At 1st I did not say anything but he started doing it more frequently then I simply told him not to post stuff like this, do not to hijack my topics and dont try to take the limelight away from OLS.

bigfan, If you have issues with Ajit you should contact him directly & not me. I dont see much point of you sharing it here because he does not read or post on this. As far I know about your dealings with Ajit you have never bought anything off him and you have never tried to contact him directly. I remember last time when you were ranting like this you were put on the spot & were asked to post pictures to prove what your telling is truth but you never replied with anything.
I'm not posting anything more on this as I dont want to get banned. I have said what I needed to say.
After Uzair post 190, I did not want to post anything more but I had to...

Last edited:
Asad is yet again not telling the truth, I recently messaged him on msn few times but he did not reply to my query. One of the convo's I started with Asalaam Alaikum and I thought he would reply being a muslim but he did not reply to that and next day I messaged him again but still no reply. I did not want to post this on the forum but I did because all is not what it seems with US. He does not treat all customers the same.

Well i have never received any message from u. Also i don't want customer to talk to me on msn. If you want me to reply Plz email me
Uzisports.co.uk@googlemail.com

People know How good my service is and How good my bats are.
You are the only one who has complaints but you haven't bought any thing from me. The prices are on the web site and I don't want you to dictate to me that you want to pay this price for a bat.

Regards

Asad

I would also like to make note, it would be perfect if people couldn't write bad reviews but they can. I have been victim to 2 people write bad reviews about my store and in fact they had my store mixed up with someone else's. I also have a guy at the moment harassing me who ordered before thanksgiving, and shipment took longer than he expected ive the long weekend, now he is complaining I cheated an lied to him and I had no control over the shipping over the long weekend.

It is what it is in these situations and we just do our best every day. None of us are here to screw anybody, we just do our best.

Please remember this thread is called "Recommended Cricket Stores" so it is asking for people's opinions from experience when dealing with online stores.

Are you lot seriously at this again?

I don't have an issue with people sharing their experiences but seriously, enough with the "my guy is that and yours is this". Cut it out.

I could care less who buys from OnlineStockist and who buys from UziSports. Unless you have a personal relationship with a dealer, you shouldn't have to roam these forums trying to defend them (and if you do have some sort of vested interest, it's a conflict of interest). If Ajit wants to come here and see what people are saying, he's more than welcome to, Jason's done it and it seems to be working out well for him.

In the meantime, nobody should be telling people their experiences with dealers is invalid or untrue and similarly, nobody should be bashing dealers based on a personal bias or without having purchased from them.

Let's end this here, thank you.

Are you lot seriously at this again?

I don't have an issue with people sharing their experiences but seriously, enough with the "my guy is that and yours is this". Cut it out.

I could care less who buys from OnlineStockist and who buys from UziSports. Unless you have a personal relationship with a dealer, you shouldn't have to roam these forums trying to defend them (and if you do have some sort of vested interest, it's a conflict of interest). If Ajit wants to come here and see what people are saying, he's more than welcome to, Jason's done it and it seems to be working out well for him.

In the meantime, nobody should be telling people their experiences with dealers is invalid or untrue and similarly, nobody should be bashing dealers based on a personal bias or without having purchased from them.

Let's end this here, thank you.

Well spoken Riz. Let us move on folks; this is a very important thread for buyers who want unbiased reviews and opinions. And please no personal attacks as well.

Mapperly sports in UK has been the best for me.

I agree. They have been the best for me aswell, very friendly customer service and top quality products, prices and customer service is better then the likes of cricket supplies, cricket direct, owzat cricket, pro direct etc. Mapperley sports are the best out of all the stores mentioned here in this thread.

Last edited:
Avoid Online Stockist

I agree. They have been the best for me aswell, very friendly customer service and top quality products, prices and customer service is better then the likes of cricket supplies, cricket direct, owzat cricket, pro direct etc. Mapperley sports are the best out of all the stores mentioned here in this thread.

I guess people here are happy with Mapperley's service overall.

I now come to my own experience about OnlineStockist:

Around the April 2nd or 3rd week I had ordered a bat from Ajit. He promised me that it will be delivered next week at the most. After some initial e-mails I stopped receiving any communication from him. Then every week he will send me an e-mail saying that the bat is with him and he is going to ship it out the next day. This happened for four weeks. I then asked Paypal to give me a refund. Seeing that he had no option but to give me a refund Ajit confessed that he never actually had my bat with him. So he is a lousy communicator and a blatant liar. My experience with Ajit is documented elsewhere in this forum. I had been keeping quiet for sometime and wanted some sanity to return to this thread before I posted this. Ajit was also on Ebay by the name of Ajit_trueseller and his customer reviews were replete with bad reviews of late orders and more importantly FAKE items; he was also on ebay as UnitedMart and his ratings there were no different. If you go to his facebook page you will see only bad reviews. Yes there have been a few people who have received their stuff from him but their numbers are not that high. But based on our collective experience I will stick my neck out to say that Asadbhai of Uzisports is miles better than Ajit. Jason of cricketstoreonline too is way ahead of Ajit. In fact I would put Ajit at the bottom of the pile because he is a blantant liar. I hope things will not get out of hand again but this is a thread meant to make the forum members know about which buyers to avoid and which to trust. So the bottomline is AVOID ONLINE STOCKIST.

One of my team mates got a SS Gladiator from Ajit (He knows Ajit personally) That bat was a belter, after considering my options, I had to choose between a Newberry Thruxton or a SS LE.

I decided to give the SS LE a try, since Ajit had provided a top bat to my team-mate, I set my mind and budget to purchase from Ajit. I patiently waited for months for his website to enable orders (there was a message that he is moving). Once his site was up, I emailed him several times, even tried calling him, to no avail. I had waited for months, things came up and I decided not to buy.

I am glad I did not, as I found a good deal for a Redback on pro direct cricket. I am still waiting for that bat, Ordered on the 4th of Dec, shipped on the 12th and has been stuck at Canada Customs since the 19th. Pro Direct Cricket was disappointing at first, they took 3 days to reply, their phone number is like a 1-900 number for UK. PDC did take ownership of the issue and notified me about the delay. I am not a hundred percent satisfied, but I am not disappointed either and would buy from PDC again when they have another sale.

Last edited:
PDC is just so big that it becomes difficult for them to communicate properly at times.

Redback!! How did you find out that it was stuck at customs? I don't suppose the Royal Mail parcel had a tracking number---just curious :)

I did get a tracking number, it was passed to Canada post on the 19th. CP updated on the 19th that customs like it so much that they are knocking and oiling it for me.

Ha ha. lol. :))

Nicely put bro; let's hope they don't oil your wallet too much and you get yourself trapped by the spider's web soon.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping that i dint get dinged. Royal Mail -> Canada post has had a good track record of avoiding Customs duties.

I am anxiously waiting, from what I have seen so far...Once you go Redback, You never go back.

This thread needs to go through operation clean-up...

Zeusky: Redback was delivered today, I did get my wallet oiled by customs :) First time I got hit.

I will post a review of the bat shortly.

This thread needs to go through operation clean-up...

Zeusky: Redback was delivered today, I did get my wallet oiled by customs :) First time I got hit.

I will post a review of the bat shortly.

Good news and bad news together; but at least you got it in your hands before Christmas :)

Pics coming soon I hope :D

Yes-- this needs a major clean up :O

Basically magid = agit. I wouldn't bother replying to this bumbling idiot Asad bhai. It serves no purpose as no one on any Internet forum takes him seriously.

Pics will be coming soon as soon as I get home from work.

Satisfaction of having the bat before the break and the relief from anxiety of waiting for status updates on Canada Post tracker makes up for the disappointment of being extorted by Customs. :)

Pics will be coming soon as soon as I get home from work.

Satisfaction of having the bat before the break and the relief from anxiety of waiting for status updates on Canada Post tracker makes up for the disappointment of being extorted by Customs. :)

I hope you plan on letting me borrow it

Lol you muppet. Asad is an idiot and hes a lowlife character. I normally dont reply to such lowlife characters.

So that's why you've been clogging up this thread - because you don't reply to lowlife characters? You really are an idiot.

Lol you muppet. Asad is an idiot and hes a lowlife character. I normally dont reply to such lowlife characters but this guy is such a creep, he lies himself and accuses me. Whatever I hav posted is full truth, not a single lie.

Dude...whats up with you today, no one really cares about your rants. You should sober up. Why this Kolaveri Di :)

Anytime Brother, It will be a fair exchange though ;) I hope you will let me pick one of the big guns from your armoury in return :)

My big guns are attached to me but you can borrow which ever bat you like :p

AoA folks ,
What about Cricketsupplies ? Are they reliable ? and what the heck is this

Proforma invoice :O

International Shipping
*All International Orders are processed by Proforma Invoice (emailed) and Payment is accepted via Bank Transfer (Details Available on Request)

Anyone ?

Lol at some of the above posts :) , Hope mods will look at them some day :))

I ordered some stuff from Asad Bhai coz somebody reccomended me about him , after recieving my items i can proudly say that he is top guy with awsome customer service . Dont know why the above poster is having a go at him :) Cheers

Lol at some of the above posts :) , Hope mods will look at them some day :))

I ordered some stuff from Asad Bhai coz somebody reccomended me about him , after recieving my items i can proudly say that he is top guy with awsome customer service . Dont know why the above poster is having a go at him :) Cheers

Do you mind telling us what did you order?

Mods are asleep mate :D

Lol CD :))

Hmmmmmmmm its not somethin very special that i make a review on that :D , but i ll tell you in short , iv ordered Albion Helmets i fink one is albion orignal 98 , one is albion club edition and one is albion premiour :) , 2 of them are for my club and one is for me (club edition) . :)

CD Bhai mind answering post # 224 ?

or anyone else ?

JAZAKALLAHKHAIR

Lol CD :))

Hmmmmmmmm its not somethin very special that i make a review on that :D , but i ll tell you in short , iv ordered Albion Helmets i fink one is albion orignal 98 , one is albion club edition and one is albion premiour :) , 2 of them are for my club and one is for me (club edition) . :)

CD Bhai mind answering post # 224 ?

or anyone else ?

JAZAKALLAHKHAIR
Cricket Supplies is a big store so pretty safe to order.
Performa invoice is like an invoice which they will send u and u have to pay money by bank transfer as I think this is the only way they will accept money for International orders. The performa invoice will be attached to ur goods when they will ship.
If there is anything u need i can buy from them and send it to u if it helps.
Regards

Asad

First of all thanks Asad Bhai for such nice customer service :)

All of the helmets are superb

btw thanks for such promt reply and ur offer :D , actually i was interested in purchasing single bay net and poles for training from them thats why iv asked their credibility but any ways thanks for your offer and reply .. i really appriciate it :)

JAZAKALLAHKHAIR

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bumping this up for everyone's benefit. There are far too many threads that are being created that keep asking the same questions. Please take the trouble of going through this thread before you ask the questions that have already been answered here.

For the benefit of some of you who are looking to buy gear from India here are two more options:

http://www.cricketershop.com/

They are based in Mohali and we know a few people who have dealt with them and were satisfied. The website could be better but they are legit. For international shipment, you need to contact them for a quote.

Here is another one:

cricbuy.com

This shop is owned by former Indian Test cricketer Aakash Chopra.

I hope this helps.

Adding to the above list:

Game, Set and Match:

http://www.gsam.co.uk/Default.asp?

Nice guys who try to handpick their bats. There are a couple of youtube videos around of them going to the Gray Nicolls and Kook warehouse to pick up their bats. The sales and marketing guy, John is a nice bloke to talk to.

I hope this helps. I will continue to look around and get some more store names. :D

Back