[Report/VIDEOS] Babar Azam facing questions after allegedly sending obscene messages....

I feel sorry for our players. They are celebrities in this country but many of them come from poor/unsophisticated backgrounds and/or are not as well integrated with the celebrity community in this country. Which is why they cannot benefit from their fame the same way that cricketers in India can.

Ofcourse I'm not saying that the celebrity of cricketers in India can in any way be compared to cricketers in Pakistan. But I can't imagine that Pakistani cricketers feel great when they see Indian cricketers dating supermodels and actresses.

None of this is to say that any of the stuff exposed about Babar is actually even real. But we have seen this happen before where guys like Imad, Imam, Shaheen had their private stuff exposed. If they were dating celebrities in the public eye, they probably might not have to deal with stuff like this.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for our players. They are celebrities in this country but many of them come from poor/unsophisticated backgrounds and/or are not as well integrated with the celebrity community in this country. Which is why they cannot benefit from their fame the same way that cricketers in India can.

Ofcourse I'm not saying that the celebrity of cricketers in India can in any way be compared to cricketers in Pakistan. But I can't imagine that Pakistani cricketers feel great when they see Indian cricketers dating supermodels and actresses.

None of this is to say that any of the stuff exposed about Babar is actually even real. But we have seen this happen before where guys like Imad, Imam, Shaheen had their private stuff exposed. If they were dating celebrities in the public eye, they probably might not have to deal with stuff like this.

There is a solution for that. How about getting married to whomever and keeping the private business in their bedrooms lol

Fox has deleted their tweet after this reprimand by PCB:

Vge5cgr.jpg

What else do you expect from Fox? I mean they are pretty notorious in the US for appealing to the a very specific segment of the population.

They haven't deleted the article the tweet is referring to

I am sure smart Pakistani cricketers will have the same celebrity benefits as smart Indian cricketers. Imran Khan and his peers in 80s , Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis , Shoaib Akhtar all had their moments during their days.

I suppose some will say why no statement from Babar on this, whilst others will say why should he give it any attention.

Tricky situation.

Last edited:
Wait, fake or real... what do the videos in the OP even prove? What are we looking for? Where's the indication of any blackmail?

Who cares about fake or real - the video posted is harmless.

What am I missing?

Do NOT post tweets on this

All the information needed is in Post#1.

I am sure smart Pakistani cricketers will have the same celebrity benefits as smart Indian cricketers. Imran Khan and his peers in 80s , Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis , Shoaib Akhtar all had their moments during their days.

Good point.

Smartly played by BA and his team. No comment to give credence to the fakers.

I think the videos and audios and pics are genuine, It sounds like him, the pics don't look doctored and its hard to tell with the text messages. If he had a consensual relationship with a woman and she leaked these then he obviously shouldnt face any action.

If she was a girlfriend of another cricketer, and Babar promised favours in return for chatting - that is the worrying allegation and if that's true Babar should face disciplinary action.

I think the videos and audios and pics are genuine, It sounds like him, the pics don't look doctored and its hard to tell with the text messages. If he had a consensual relationship with a woman and she leaked these then he obviously shouldnt face any action.

If she was a girlfriend of another cricketer, and Babar promised favours in return for chatting - that is the worrying allegation and if that's true Babar should face disciplinary action.

Where in the video is that said? I have yet to see any proof.

A few posters had mentioned this point. I didnt see those exact messages either. The Fox article said she was the girlfriend of another cricketer but they later deleted the tweet and the article

This claim is fake and was meant to be a satire post by some Indian twitter account with blue tick mark which was picked by news channels. How pathetic of that guy and channels to have some fun at account of Babar.

So now suddenly all news clearly saying its fake!

Babar fans will say it's not true. Others know the reality. Previous court case in Lahore etc.

Babar fans will say it's not true. Others know the reality. Previous court case in Lahore etc.

One can only laugh at the naivety of the people who think this is fake & believe that Pakistani players do not get involved in these things.

Hilarious.

One can only laugh at the naivety of the people who think this is fake & believe that Pakistani players do not get involved in these things.

Hilarious.

Agreed. The guy looks like a sly predator and has history but still somehow assume he's automatically innocent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hilarious.

I wonder what those same people think about Danushka Gunathilaka.

Back