RS Robinson Recorder TEST quality thigh pad

Knightrider

Local Club Regular
Runs
RS Robinson Recorder TEST quality thighpad

My RS Robinson Recorder TEST quality thighpad

First impression of the thighpad was very good. Its lightweight, sturdy but still very comfortable. Its the best quality thighpad I have at the moment. Towelling backing feels soft & luxurious, straps are thick comfortable and can curve the thighpad to make it fit even better

It's great value for the level of protection and comfort it offers. I'm not a fan of batting shorts or aero strippers either and I believe this type of thigh pad offers protection over a greater area than the thigh pad in the shorts.

Great Customer service from Richard - I Ordered from Quantum Cricket on Thursday night 10pm and it was delivered on Saturday morning 9am with receipt and a business card. Quantum Cricket sells great quality Gear(thighpad) at very low prices. I don't think you can go far wrong at £17 delivered for a true TEST quality thighpad.

rsrecorderthighpad1.jpg
rsrecorderthighpad2.jpg

rsrecorderthighpad3.jpg
rsrecorderthighpad5.jpg

rsrecorderthighpad4.jpg

Last edited:
How many people here use this type of thighpad???

Looks decent...

this is the exact same design and feel as one of the older SG thigh pads. Cant remember the exact model name. It had really long straps to tie instead of the tape closing thingo in this one.

got it for a cheap price from India (and a SS one) and then a friend took it off me. :asif

looks very nice, i use a kook beast 700 thigh bad not the best but does what is required and is quite comfortable, not a fan of strippers also, they have too many components and you don't need that much protection either.

Looks decent...

this is the exact same design and feel as one of the older SG thigh pads. Cant remember the exact model name. It had really long straps to tie instead of the tape closing thingo in this one.

got it for a cheap price from India (and a SS one) and then a friend took it off me. :asif

Its a really good thighpad & it offers Test match level protection in the ultimate high end thigh pad. Pre-curved for a comfortable fit against the contours of your thigh. Three layers of protection; soft foam towel backed for comfort against your leg, fibre-tec shell for impact resistance, high density plastazote as the top layer to deaden the impact, covered in a durable PU facing. Elasticated velcro fastening for security and comfort, discreetly trimmed to sit unobtrusively underneath your clothing.

Are you sure its exact same design as older SG thighpad? bcoz I havnt seen any other Indian manufacturers make this quality.

Last edited:
Its a really good thighpad & it offers Test match level protection in the ultimate high end thigh pad. Pre-curved for a comfortable fit against the contours of your thigh. Three layers of protection; soft foam towel backed for comfort against your leg, fibre-tec shell for impact resistance, high density plastazote as the top layer to deaden the impact, covered in a durable PU facing. Elasticated velcro fastening for security and comfort, discreetly trimmed to sit unobtrusively underneath your clothing.

Are you sure its exact same design as older SG thighpad? bcoz I havnt seen any other Indian manufacturers make this quality.

Not talking too old - only couple of years or so.

It was high end model was well. Their top one was the really light Proflex? cant remember the exact name now.

did a quick google and even these Radix ones have similar design, are light moulded style and towelled back:

radix.jpg

Last edited:
lol i don't need a thigh pad aswell but im just used to it now and ive had a few nasty buises so i might aswell wear one

Not talking too old - only couple of years or so.

It was high end model was well. Their top one was the really light Proflex? cant remember the exact name now.

did a quick google and even these Radix ones have similar design, are light moulded style and towelled back:

radix.jpg

To me the SG looks no where near same design or quality. RS recorder is ACE test quality thighpad with bullet proof protection and SG seems village standard.

To me the SG looks no where near same design or quality. RS recorder is ACE test quality thighpad with bullet proof protection and SG seems village standard.

This is not the exact same model that I had but something looking like that - just better.

SG gear is worn by Ranji as well as pro players etc so its not all "village standard".

In fact I have been to the small RS Factory ages ago in Jalandhar- they are nobodies when compared to how big SG are!

lol @ bullet proof protection!

I've seen & used all SS, BAS etc. I current have 2 SS and 2 SG thighpads and they are nothing compared to RS recorder thighpad.
If Pakistan players were to pick frm SS, BAS, SG & RS. They would pick RS recorder as it by far the best quality thighpad.

u need to be linked but i am already linked with most of the players, just sent BAs thight pad to azher Ali and aero Strippers to Asad Shafiq

Asad Shafiq is currently using Aero P2 strippers as that size is perfect for him :)

I himself saw Azhar Ali's and Asad Shafiq's along my others stuff myself.

I can safely say Azhar Ali at least is quite safe with Asad Bhai :)

I've seen Afridi using SS thighpad but never seen any Pakistani with BAS.

Last edited:
I've seen Afridi using SS thighpad but never seen any Pakistani with BAS.
I have sent P1 strippers to Asad Shafiq, Azher Ali is using BAS Outer and inner thigh pads. there are few others who have requested for BAS Thigh pads after they have tried Azhers BAS thigh pads.
Regards

Asad

I had a net yesterday and faced the bowling machine. I used the SG test pads/gloves and this RS recorder thighpad. Pads and gloves were good but this thighpad is amazing it felt more comfortable then the older thighpads I used before like SS, SG & BAS etc. I got hit few times on it and didnt feel it at all. Protection and comfort both 10/10.

hav u tried any thing else Robinson?

I have used one of their bats- the old MRF shape. They used to make good bats- you might want to try one Knightrider?

Save some coin and get P2 Strippers, you don't really need P1s unless Wasim Akram and Allan Donald are playing in your league.

^ agree even int players use p2 so no need to spend extra money

I know Asad Shafiq use to use P2 until Asad Bhai sent him P1.

P2's are smaller in size too.

Hadn't noticed that additional bit before, you learn something new every day!

Back