Sadaf Hussain support thread

Analyst

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
Sadaf Hussain, a left arm fast bowler who has played 44 first class matches with a bowling average of 18 and strike rate of 36 and a 18 five wicket halls with a total tally of 211 wickets. He also has played 20 List A matches with a bowling average of 20 and strike rate of 26.8 with total wickets tally of 36 with 1 five wicket haul. He plays for Rawalpindi and KRL team in domestic circuits but has to often sit out due to the presence of Irfan and Rahat Ali in the teams. He has not been even considered for 36 member squad for training camp even though his performances are very consistent and way ahead from the likes of Rahat Ali, and M. Sami who have bowling averages of 45 and 27 respectively. Selectors often ignore Sadaf due to his lack of pace. They also had failed to identify M.Asif due to low pace untill when Bob Wolmer identified the bowler. Later on, Asif became a world class bowlers.
Sadaf Hussain with this impressive record deserves chance more than any one else, especially in test matches and must be a part of summer camp. He not only moves the new ball but also pitches the ball increasing the chances of taking wickets compared to our current bowlers who bowl short stuff. I hope selectors are reading this post and Sadaf is called in the camp.

I don't understand why he keeps getting ignored. I would really like to see him and Ehsan get an extended run with the new ball in Test cricket.

Rahat and Junaid are not good enough up front. Rahat is mediocre and Junaid is a workhorse who is likely to bowl throughout the day and can be dangerous if the ball reverses.

Irfan shouldn't play Tests and the likes of Gul were never good enough for Tests. People do want Wahab Riaz in a Johnson type of role and so do I but that's a bit far fetched at the moment and bordering on wishful thinking.

Rahat has been tried a few times now to fail again and again. This guys should be given a chance

I don't understand why he keeps getting ignored. I would really like to see him and Ehsan get an extended run with the new ball in Test cricket.

Rahat and Junaid are not good enough up front. Rahat is mediocre and Junaid is a workhorse who is likely to bowl throughout the day and can be dangerous if the ball reverses.

Irfan shouldn't play Tests and the likes of Gul were never good enough for Tests. People do want Wahab Riaz in a Johnson type of role and so do I but that's a bit far fetched at the moment and bordering on wishful thinking.

Good points i agree..n since we will play our group matches in Newzealand, we would need a bowler or two who can swing the ball too in ODIs so Ehsan or Sadaf could be the ones alongside junaid, irfan n wahab in world cup

This Guy seriously deserves a chance...

It's not like our test line-up is packed with exceptional seamers, just give Sadaf Hussain one chance if he doesnt perform drop him...

Both Saddaf and Ehsan Adil are miles better than our current mediocre line up Rahat, Junaid, and Gul.
Talha and Wahab are an absolute waste of spots

Its just mind-boggling as to why he isn't being picked or even considered for "camp" where the likes of Sami and Rahat have been picked again!.

Not saying he'll be a success at the Intl stage, but he deserves a spot simply on merit. An average of 18 and how can you not get noticed, its just beyond me!.

Its just mind-boggling as to why he isn't being picked or even considered for "camp" where the likes of Sami and Rahat have been picked again!.

Not saying he'll be a success at the Intl stage, but he deserves a spot simply on merit. An average of 18 and how can you not get noticed, its just beyond me!.

May be he does not have the sifarish which other players have :s

and because selectors only watch experience or recent performance they dont even consider stats or historical performance of a player unfortunately :s

He really deserves a chance but for some reason our selectors are ignoring him. Really unfair as he deserves en extended run with the new ball in tests.

I just dont get it how can a young bowler like him be ignored! I have seen him bowl. Is a tall guy. Generates a lot of bounce off the pitch. And can seam and swing the ball both and both ways. McGrath type pace and body.

I just dont get it how can a young bowler like him be ignored! I have seen him bowl. Is a tall guy. Generates a lot of bounce off the pitch. And can seam and swing the ball both and both ways. McGrath type pace and body.

+1

He has an added advantage of height, along with him being able to move the ball, so why not try him?

It must be frustrating for him because he has been the most consistent performer domestically, over the last 3-4 years.

Fawad was kept out for so long as well, but look how he is doing now, so why aren't the selectors learning?

6'5 better pace than Mir hamza and better accuracy than Rahat Ali

Back