Sadiqabad train accident: Death toll rises to 24 as more bodies found - Will Sheikh Rasheed resign?

Mamoon

ATG
Runs
Post of the Week
Eleven people were killed at at least 58 injured after the Akbar Express hit a parked cargo train at the Walhar Railway Station in Rahim Yar Khan's Sadiqabad early Thursday morning.

The train was travelling from Rawalpindi to Quetta. Its engine and six bogies were completely destroyed in the accident that officials say was because the train was switched onto the wrong track.

There are fears that the death toll will rise. Forty-six injured passengers were taken to the Tehsil Headquarters Hospital Sadiqabad while 12 whose conditions were more serious were taken to the Sheikh Zayed Hospital in Rahim Yar Khan. An emergency has been declared at the Sheikh Zayed Hospital.

Rescue 1122 used 12 ambulances to transport people to the hospitals.

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2019/07/sadiqabad-train-accident-akbar-express/

Since the man who wasn't good enough to be Imran's chaprasi - as stated by Imran on live tv himself - was appointed as Railway Minister, such accidents have been taking place frequently.

It is increasingly obvious that this incompetent lota is out of his depth and does not know what he is doing. His appointment is yet another example of Imran Khan botching his team selection.

Nevertheless, mistakes do happen but it is important to rectify them. Previously, when such accidents took place, Imran Khan would waste no time in demanding resignation of the concerned ministers and giving examples of what happens in states like Iceland etc.

Will Imran Khan follow his own advice and put Sheikh Rasheed out of his misery, the man who wasn't good enough to be his chaprasi as he stated on Capital Talk in 2005?

Here is Imran Khan demanding Khawaja Saad Rafique to resign after the Lodhran accident in 2017:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YHOCDcDDdiU?start=99" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His exact words for those who do not understand Urdu (1:26 onwards):

"I think the Railway Minister should resign. Anywhere in the world, whenever there is a railway accident, the minister resigns because unless he does so, there cannot be any proper inquiry", and this isn't the first time it has happened".
[MENTION=133397]WebGuru[/MENTION] [MENTION=1269]Bewal Express[/MENTION] [MENTION=142451]Mian[/MENTION]

When can we expect the news of Sheikh Rasheed getting fired/resigning as Railway Minister? I hope it should not take more than a couple of days.

Since the man who wasn't good enough to be Imran's chaprasi - as stated by Imran on live tv himself - was appointed as Railway Minister, such accidents have been taking place frequently.

It is increasingly obvious that this incompetent lota is out of his depth and does not know what he is doing. His appointment is yet another example of Imran Khan botching his team selection.

Nevertheless, mistakes do happen but it is important to rectify them. Previously, when such accidents took place, Imran Khan would waste no time in demanding resignation of the concerned ministers and giving examples of what happens in states like Iceland etc.

Will Imran Khan follow his own advice and put Sheikh Rasheed out of his misery, the man who wasn't good enough to be his chaprasi as he stated on Capital Talk in 2005?

Here is Imran Khan demanding Khawaja Saad Rafique to resign after the Lodhran accident in 2017:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YHOCDcDDdiU?start=99" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"I think the Railway Minister should resign. Anywhere in the world, whenever there is a railway accident, the minister resigns because unless he does so, there cannot be any proper inquiry", and this isn't the first time it has happened".

[MENTION=133397]WebGuru[/MENTION] [MENTION=1269]Bewal Express[/MENTION] [MENTION=142451]Mian[/MENTION]

When can we expect the news of Sheikh Rasheed getting fired/resigning as Railway Minister? I hope it should not take more than a couple of days.

Firstly, this is terrible tragedy with a horrendous loss of life and in your desperation to score political points there wasnt a single word of regret or sadness but you are petty man with bitterness at your heart , so nothing unexpected there.And just like the copy and paste king you look for bad news all day and take great pleasure in anything that goes wrong and then tag everyone.
As far as Sh Rasheed is concerned if he was negligent or incompetent in his doing his job then serious questions need to be asked.

RIP. my deepest condolences to the families.

Politicians are same everywhere when they are in opposition they raise all sorts of issues and when they come in power they act the same way. Hypocrites

Politicians are same everywhere when they are in opposition they raise all sorts of issues and when they come in power they act the same way. Hypocrites

Its a terrible tragedy but look at your post and the op.

Its a terrible tragedy but look at your post and the op.

We all know mamoon so I'll leave it at that. He is one of the besr posters if not the best but his hatred and agendas sometimes get the best of him.

It's 2019 and still we have such incidents in sub continent. World is moving towards bullet trains and driverless trains and we have people losing their life every year due to such incidents.

It boils my blood when I read such news, yet for majority of our population the issues which matter are whether a temple should be built or a mosque. Whether someone can eat beef or not.

Firstly, this is terrible tragedy with a horrendous loss of life and in your desperation to score political points there wasnt a single word of regret or sadness but you are petty man with bitterness at your heart , so nothing unexpected there.And just like the copy and paste king you look for bad news all day and take great pleasure in anything that goes wrong and then tag everyone.
As far as Sh Rasheed is concerned if he was negligent or incompetent in his doing his job then serious questions need to be asked.

Why is it wrong for me to score political points but right for Imran Khan and his supporters? Do you think Imran Khan was justified in scoring political points on the day of the Lodhran tragedy?

When can we expect Sheikh Rasheed to be removed? How is it justified to have him continue, especially in the light of what Imran Khan has previously said?

Why is it wrong for me to score political points but right for Imran Khan and his supporters? Do you think Imran Khan was justified in scoring political points on the day of the Lodhran tragedy?

When can we expect Sheikh Rasheed to be removed? How is it justified to have him continue, especially in the light of what Imran Khan has previously said?

You can score as many political points as you want, These were real people and this is real tragedy but its your lack of regret or sadness that says so much about your desperation and motivation.

is shahbaz sharif ready to accept the model town killing ?
this is an incident, and other was a criminal act.

With trains from the British era such things are bound to happen. IK will now put some spin on it even though he was a fast bowler himself to save Rashid's job. I am always sorry when innocent people die anywhere in the world. It is their families who live with anger and a great loss for the rest of their days. Even though we are not to blame our condolences just anger them even more.

Not really. Only the subcontinents politicians are experts and PhD's in lies and deception which is why the subcontinent is a backward dump in most parts. In the west such people are taken to task or they resign. They bring religion in to everything coz they can't do any real job right.

You can score as many political points as you want, These were real people and this is real tragedy but its your lack of regret or sadness that says so much about your desperation and motivation.

Why are you assuming he would be sad?

This is a guy who was begging Indian Air Force to bomb Pakistani schoolchildren.

On topic, sad tragedy, thoughts with the families of the victims. Train accidents happen in every country, from 3rd to 1st world.

Why are you assuming he would be sad?

This is a guy who was begging Indian Air Force to bomb Pakistani schoolchildren.

On topic, sad tragedy, thoughts with the families of the victims. Train accidents happen in every country, from 3rd to 1st world.

No Politician is averse to political point scoring and IK is no different but this guys lack of humanity has hit a new low. You could feel that he was excited by the tragedy.

is shahbaz sharif ready to accept the model town killing ?
this is an incident, and other was a criminal act.

Lodhran was an accident too. Why did Imran insist that Saad Rafique resign? Why doesn’t he follow his own advice and remove Sheikh Rasheed?

Lodhran was an accident too. Why did Imran insist that Saad Rafique resign? Why doesn’t he follow his own advice and remove Sheikh Rasheed?

read the post before replying me.
i asked about model town.

read the post before replying me.
i asked about model town.

Deflection is PTI supporters’ usual trick. If you explain why Sheikh Rasheed’s sacking/resignation is not justified, I will also comment on the Model Town issue. How about you stick to the thread.

Oh. My. God. :broad

Irony just died a thousand deaths and nobody attended her funeral.

Thread is about the train accident. Explain why Imran is not demanding Sheikh Rasheed to resign. Your responses clearly shows that you cannot.

Deflection is PTI supporters’ usual trick. If you explain why Sheikh Rasheed’s sacking/resignation is not justified, I will also comment on the Model Town issue. How about you stick to the thread.

first of all i am not PTI supporter. secondly, if i am going to stick to the thread nonsense, thn you will find it difficult becoz i can upload all the accident from last one decade under ppp/pml tenure. it will be messy for you to handle. you will runaway from thread, and i dont like to waste my energy on bhagoras.

first of all i am not PTI supporter. secondly, if i am going to stick to the thread nonsense, thn you will find it difficult becoz i can upload all the accident from last one decade under ppp/pml tenure. it will be messy for you to handle. you will runaway from thread, and i dont like to waste my energy on bhagoras.

You are again changing the topic. I am not suggesting that our railway was world class under PMLN/PPP. My point is that after the Lodhran accident, Imran wasted no time in demanding Saad Rafique to resign.

These are his exact words as you can see in the video I posted:

“I think the Railway Minister should resign. Anywhere in the world, whenever there is a railway accident, the minister resigns because unless he does so, there cannot be any proper inquiry, and this isn't the first time it has happened".

Please explain why the above doesn’t apply to Sheikh Rasheed. This isn’t the first accident in his tenure.

The only people who are running from this thread are the PTI supporters who cannot defend this.

I am not suggesting that our railway was world class under PMLN/PPP.

there you go, you gves the answer yourself. if it wasnt world class thn , thn ist world class now ?
100 yr old railway structure needs overhaul, imran govt cant do that in 1 yr.

18 accidents in less than a year. This hypocrite, liar, stooge hasn’t done that last 17 times and on this 18th ocassion aswell he won’t.

Kattputli videos se yarghamaal bna hoga apne maalkoun k haathoun.

there you go, you gves the answer yourself. if it wasnt world class thn , thn ist world class now ?
100 yr old railway structure needs overhaul, imran govt cant do that in 1 yr.

You are evading the question again. I am not talking about whether the railway needs an overhaul or not.

My point is that if Imran was asking for Saad Rafique to resign after Lodhran, why isn’t he asking Sheikh Rasheed now?

I am sure you will deflect again.

I am sure you will deflect again.

No i wont :)
imran khan should ask shiekh rashed to resign. period.
i will wait for my turn in other threads, you better come up with sensible replies , otherwise i will ripp your "honest" views.
make sure you stay and wont runaway.

Mohalay Ki Aunty at it again.

Asked what would be the solution to solve Pakistan's issue within the parameter of reality of Pakistan and the reply was, "no solution because Pakistan is a lost cause".

And yet, you see, trying to capitalize and score points on tragic incident.

If you claim that Pakistan is a lost cause then why indulge in Political discussion unless you are obsessed with Khan? or what other reason could it be?

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

Tragic news.

The question is whether Sheikh Rasheed will get fired?

I doubt it...

But even if he does the opposition will mock him for selecting an ‘incompetent’ guy for the Railway Ministry.

So what should he do?

Stick to his words or let the opposition do the hue and cry...

Extremely sad day today. Started with the news of train accident & ended with news of jeep falling into river. May Allah SWT give the families strength to get through this.
Now, PTI supporters before you all start bashing me, please for God sake show some humanity for once & demand justice for the victims of criminal negligence in train accident. Show your love for humanity & demand death sentences to culprits.

I sincerely hope justice is given to the families of the lost one’s.

IK should sack Sheikh Rasheed for the families solace.

Tragic news.

I doubt it...

But even if he does the opposition will mock him for selecting an ‘incompetent’ guy for the Railway Ministry.

So what should he do?

Firing Sheikh Rasheed only will not be justice. One silly mistake of station master (who gave green signal) caused 21 deaths & more than 100 injuries. Matter should be investigated & everyone involved in negligence should be hanged so that officers & servants are more careful in their duties in future.

Firing Sheikh Rasheed only will not be justice. One silly mistake of station master (who gave green signal) caused 21 deaths & more than 100 injuries. Matter should be investigated & everyone involved in negligence should be hanged so that officers & servants are more careful in their duties in future.

I agree.

This is a serious matter not a joke.

If justice is provided there may be a chance there won’t be any kind of incidents like these in the future.

Can’t we do this much for our ‘awaam’?

Tragic news.

I doubt it...

So what should he do?

But Sheikh Rasheed is incompetent. A shameless lota and Imran knows it better than most. Unfortunately, he joined hands with him for the same reason why he welcomed filth from other parties to get into PTI.

Letting an incompetent man like him continue is a lose-lose situation.

Death toll rises to 24. Incompetency at its peak as rescue operation still not completed yet. Why pti brigadiers not demanding justice in this incident?

11 people killed and this guy is actually trying to score political points. Wow...just wow. Someone above said that Mamoon is one of the best posters on this forum. If this is the quality of posts this forum has, then the bar must be very low.

Shame on you.

As far as safety is concerned, until Pakistan Railways signalling system is modernized, you're going to continue having accidents like this. How can you actually sit there and say that it's one mans fault alone? Pakistan Railways is using a signalling system that they inherited from the North Western State Railway in 1947...itself which was constructed between 1842 to 1888! That's over 100 years old.

The signal modernizing scheme has been proposed since the 1990s. None of the revolving chair governments in the 90s did anything, neither did Musharraf, neither did Zardari and neither did your hero Nawaz Sharif.

In 2010, Pakistan Railways was supposed to award a $56 million rail signalling contract to a consortium Bombardier Transportation and China Railway Signal & Communication. It never materialized.
https://www.railway-technology.com/uncategorised/news76324-html/

Why? Because it was a big scam and NAB was successful in nabbing the culprits.

NAB arrests five accused in Railways signalling system scam
APP
May 16, 2019

LAHORE : National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Lahore have arrested five accused including four Pakistan Railways (PR) senior serving and retired officials and one private company owner in Railways Signalling System Scam. The arrested accused persons include project director Fahim Anwar Shah (Grade-20) officer, former Chief Signal Engineer Atta Ullah (Grade-20), Ex-Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer Dr Muhammad Saeed, Deputy Project Director Muhammad Ahmad (**-18) and owner of M/s Equinox accused contractor Moaz Mohi-ud-Din. According to the case, NAB Lahore has been probing PR Signal System Scam for few months after a complaint was filed regarding financial embezzlement and misappropriation of government funds to the tune of million of rupees in said project. It has been revealed that Pakistan Railway awarded four contracts for up-gradation/re-habilitation of Signaling Projects head. First two agreements were for provision of new signaling system from Lahore to Karachi etc. In 2016, the above mentioned contracts amounting to Rs 550 million were awarded to M/s Equinox for providing of signaling system and way side equipment for Bin Qasim Yard. It was further alleged that the contract was malafidely awarded to said firm in sheer violation of rules and regulations as the said firm was registered in category (C-5) with Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), while category (C-3) was required to get this project.

Remind me again...who was in power in 2016 Mamoon?

If you have the guts and honesty, answer me. If you not, go back into the corner where you belong.

11 people killed and this guy is actually trying to score political points. Wow...just wow. Someone above said that Mamoon is one of the best posters on this forum. If this is the quality of posts this forum has, then the bar must be very low.

Shame on you.

Did you feel the same about Imran and PTI supporters when they did their political point scoring after Lodhran?

Death toll rises to 24. Incompetency at its peak as rescue operation still not completed yet. Why pti brigadiers not demanding justice in this incident?

Innocent lives only matter when PMLN and PMLN are in power. 24 hours and counting, and we are still waiting for Imran to follow his own advice and fire Sheikh Rasheed.

As far as safety is concerned, until Pakistan Railways signalling system is modernized, you're going to continue having accidents like this. How can you actually sit there and say that it's one mans fault alone? Pakistan Railways is using a signalling system that they inherited from the North Western State Railway in 1947...itself which was constructed between 1842 to 1888! That's over 100 years old.

The signal modernizing scheme has been proposed since the 1990s. None of the revolving chair governments in the 90s did anything, neither did Musharraf, neither did Zardari and neither did your hero Nawaz Sharif.

In 2010, Pakistan Railways was supposed to award a $56 million rail signalling contract to a consortium Bombardier Transportation and China Railway Signal & Communication. It never materialized.
https://www.railway-technology.com/uncategorised/news76324-html/

Why? Because it was a big scam and NAB was successful in nabbing the culprits.

APP
May 16, 2019

LAHORE : National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Lahore have arrested five accused including four Pakistan Railways (PR) senior serving and retired officials and one private company owner in Railways Signalling System Scam. The arrested accused persons include project director Fahim Anwar Shah (Grade-20) officer, former Chief Signal Engineer Atta Ullah (Grade-20), Ex-Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer Dr Muhammad Saeed, Deputy Project Director Muhammad Ahmad (**-18) and owner of M/s Equinox accused contractor Moaz Mohi-ud-Din. According to the case, NAB Lahore has been probing PR Signal System Scam for few months after a complaint was filed regarding financial embezzlement and misappropriation of government funds to the tune of million of rupees in said project. It has been revealed that Pakistan Railway awarded four contracts for up-gradation/re-habilitation of Signaling Projects head. First two agreements were for provision of new signaling system from Lahore to Karachi etc. In 2016, the above mentioned contracts amounting to Rs 550 million were awarded to M/s Equinox for providing of signaling system and way side equipment for Bin Qasim Yard. It was further alleged that the contract was malafidely awarded to said firm in sheer violation of rules and regulations as the said firm was registered in category (C-5) with Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), while category (C-3) was required to get this project.

Remind me again...who was in power in 2016 Mamoon?

If you have the guts and honesty, answer me. If you not, go back into the corner where you belong.

Your copy paste job has been wasted because you are talking about South when the topic is about North. Avoiding the topic or changing the channel will not take you anywhere.

My question is very simple and I am happy to repeat it for your convenience. I am not talking about the state of railway under the previous governments and neither am I defending their performance.

My question is the following: in 2017, when there was a train accident in Lodhran, Imran wasted no time in scoring political points and stated that Saad Rafique should resign.

I will quote his statement again:

“I think the Railway Minister should resign. Anywhere in the world, whenever there is a railway accident, the minister resigns because unless he does so, there cannot be any proper inquiry, and this isn't the first time it has happened"

Please explain why he isn’t demanding Sheikh Rasheed to resign.

Did you feel the same about Imran and PTI supporters when they did their political point scoring after Lodhran?

What political point scoring? Did you bother reading my second post? Who were involved in the signal upgrading scam? Why was over $550 million dollars simply siphoned off in 2016 instead of used to upgrade our signaling system along Main Line 1 (Karachi-Peshawar Railway Line)?

Would you like me to post it again? Here.

APP
May 16, 2019
https://nation.com.pk/16-May-2019/nab-arrests-five-accused-in-railways-signalling-system-scam

Reply to me with some semblance of intelligence if you can mister so-called Peshawari who can't read Pashto.

What political point scoring? Did you bother reading my second post? Who were involved in the signal upgrading scam? Why was over $550 million dollars simply siphoned off in 2016 instead of used to upgrade our signaling system along Main Line 1 (Karachi-Peshawar Railway Line)?

Would you like me to post it again? Here.

APP
May 16, 2019
https://nation.com.pk/16-May-2019/nab-arrests-five-accused-in-railways-signalling-system-scam

Reply to me with some semblance of intelligence if you can mister so-called Peshawari who can't read Pashto.

The light of your sheer ignorance illuminates every thread, but I am here to help.

Firstly, Pashto is a spoken language. It is not taught in schools so 99% of the people in Peshawar have trouble with reading and writing Pashto.

If you really want to learn to read and write Pashto fluently, you will have to study Pashto literature in Peshawar University or take Pashto specific courses which no one does, simply because it is pointless and serves no purpose.

If you ever bless us with your mighty presence in Peshawar, you will note that you won’t see Pashto anywhere except for the people who speak the language.

As far as the rest of your post is concerned, again, your copy paste is to no avail. I am not talking about PMLN’s performance - my question is that why isn’t Imran asking his friend to resign when he wasted no time in asking Saad Rafique to resign.

Your copy paste job has been wasted because you are talking about South when the topic is about North. Avoiding the topic or changing the channel will not take you anywhere.

a. There is nothing wrong with providing evidence to back your claims up. You should try it sometimes, people might take you more seriously.

b. What are you talking about "north" and "south"? Do you even know how Pakistan Railways operates? Sadiqabad is on Main Line 1 (Karachi-Peshawar Railway) - in 2016, contracts were supposedly offered to upgrade signalling for sections of the line. Those funds were siphoned off.

In 2016, which government was in power. Give me an answer.

My question is very simple and I am happy to repeat it for your convenience. I am not talking about the state of railway under the previous governments and neither am I defending their performance.

I don't care. I'm telling you, Pakistan Railways signalling upgrades have not come to fruition because of corrupt governments in the past. $550 million dollars worth of upgrades never happened. Explain to me why.

My question is the following: in 2017, when there was a train accident in Lodhran, Imran wasted no time in scoring political points and stated that Saad Rafique should resign. Please explain why he isn’t demanding Sheikh Rasheed to resign.

Because Sheikh Rasheed isn't running around Punjab and doing rallies for Imran Khan. Despite the fact I loathe Sheikh Rasheed as a person, he's doing his job...for better or for worse is up for interpretation.

Saad Rafique during his entire tenure as Ministers of Railways was more interested in doing political rallies for PMLN rather than run the railways. Did he even inaugurate a single thing?

a. There is nothing wrong with providing evidence to back your claims up. You should try it sometimes, people might take you more seriously.

b. What are you talking about "north" and "south"? Do you even know how Pakistan Railways operates? Sadiqabad is on Main Line 1 (Karachi-Peshawar Railway) - in 2016, contracts were supposedly offered to upgrade signalling for sections of the line. Those funds were siphoned off.

In 2016, which government was in power. Give me an answer.

I don't care. I'm telling you, Pakistan Railways signalling upgrades have not come to fruition because of corrupt governments in the past. $550 million dollars worth of upgrades never happened. Explain to me why.

Because Sheikh Rasheed isn't running around Punjab and doing rallies for Imran Khan. Despite the fact I loathe Sheikh Rasheed as a person, he's doing his job...for better or for worse is up for interpretation.

Saad Rafique during his entire tenure as Ministers of Railways was more interested in doing political rallies for PMLN rather than run the railways. Did he even inaugurate a single thing?

The usual steps of how PTI supporters try to get themselves out of a corner:

Step 1: deflect the question by (a) counter-questioning or/and (b) changing the topic.

Step 2: make personal attacks to take the argument to a different sphere.

Step 3: blame the previous governments because PTI inherited a mess.

You have successfully completed all three steps. Congratulations.

Sheikh Rasheed is Railway Minister now and whatever accidents happen during his tenure, he will be have to bear the responsibility.

If the railways are in a state where they are in dire need of upgrades and cannot be operated without putting lives at risk, whose fault is that?

Why didn’t Sheikh Rasheed notify Imran Khan and why didn’t Imran Khan take action?

Why didn’t Sheikh Rasheed go to Imran Khan, informing him that the line needs to be upgraded and it is currently not safe to operate?

If Sheikh Rasheed did do that, why didn’t Imran act? Why did both of them wait for almost 1 year for an accident to happen before they could act?

This government did not come into power yesterday. 1 year is sufficient enough to work on the lines and to at least ensure that such accidents are avoided.

Where does this lead us? Either Sheikh Rasheed is incompetent or Imran Khan is.

I will give you another example - PTI have spectacularly botched the metro bus in Peshawar. It is a complete disaster. They even killed a woman during its test run a few months ago.

If PTI loses KP in 2023, and the next government decides to operate the metro bus knowing that it is not in a state to be operated, who do you think will cop the blame? Will it not be the responsibility of the Chief Minister to check that the metro bus is in a state to be operated? Whose negligence will it be, and who will be responsible if people die because he is too negligent to take safety precautions?

The usual steps of how PTI supporters try to get themselves out of a corner:

Step 1: deflect the question by (a) counter-questioning or/and (b) changing the topic.
Step 2: make personal attacks to take the argument to a different sphere.
Step 3: blame the previous governments because PTI inherited a mess.
You have successfully completed all three steps. Congratulations.[/quote]

The topic is about a train accident and how the signalling system is outdated. This is the crux of the debate right, as per the title of this topic right?

If it's not, then then the title of your topic should be changed. Next time, instead of being a clickbait hoor, be more honest with yourself and others when trying to score political points. The irony here is you're attempting to vilify Imran Khan for doing something, which you YOURSELF do on a daily basis.

The rest of your "steps" mean literally nothing. I have full rights to question you as a poster on here. You're the first person I have ever come across who claims to be from Peshawar and can neither read, write or understand Pashto. If that isn't raising red flags, I don't know what else is. Coupled with your conspiracy theories which oddly mimic that of monkeys like the RSS across the border, one can easily question what your motives are. It's not a crime. Deal with it apu.

Sheikh Rasheed is Railway Minister now and whatever accidents happen during his tenure, he will be have to bear the responsibility.

So, why are you not extending this logic to the Lodhran train accident? Just because you type long paragraphs in English, doesn't mean what you're saying it right. Most of the time, you just go around in circles...as you've done here.

If the railways are in a state where they are in dire need of upgrades and cannot be operated without putting lives at risk, whose fault is that?

As I posted twice above, the signalling system scam was caught by NAB in May 2019, for contracts that were signed in 2016. I've asked you twice now to tell me which government was in power at that time when those contracts were signed.

You either seem to have reading comprehension skill problems or are simply dishonest. I'll go ahead and choose both.

Why didn’t Sheikh Rasheed notify Imran Khan and why didn’t Imran Khan take action?

First off, who says he didn't? You? Who are you?

ML-1 To Be Completed In Five Years
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1961609/1-ml-1-completed-five-years/
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and China inked an agreement on Sunday to upgrade the Mainline-1 (ML-I) Peshawar to Karachi railway track. Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmad and Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Yao Jing signed the declaration for the preliminary design of the phase one of the ML-1 project.
...The track will have a computer-based signalling and control system as well as a grade separation to ensure the safety of train operations. The main line will cover Karachi to Peshawar via Hyderabad, Nawabshah, Rohri, Rahimyar Khan, Bahawalpur, Khanewal, Sahiwal, Lahore, Gujranawala, Rawalpindi and Peshawar.

What should have been done in sections throughout the 2000s, now has to be done within 5 years under CPEC, which China reluctantly agreed to. Under the two phases of ML-1 upgrades, the entire line will adopted an automated signaling system.

Date? 29 April 2019

Why didn’t Sheikh Rasheed go to Imran Khan, informing him that the line needs to be upgraded and it is currently not safe to operate?

Again, why don't you read?

If Sheikh Rasheed did do that, why didn’t Imran act? Why did both of them wait for almost 1 year for an accident to happen before they could act?

This government did not come into power yesterday. 1 year is sufficient enough to work on the lines and to at least ensure that such accidents are avoided.

Where does this lead us? Either Sheikh Rasheed is incompetent or Imran Khan is.

The only one incompetent here is you. I mean, how hard is it to google?

I will give you another example - PTI have spectacularly botched the metro bus in Peshawar. It is a complete disaster. They even killed a woman during its test run a few months ago.

What exactly has been "botched" about it? I'd like to see some detailed reports please.

If PTI loses KP in 2023, and the next government decides to operate the metro bus knowing that it is not in a state to be operated, who do you think will cop the blame?

Again, you're making accusations, which is what 99% of your posts are. I'd like to see some evidence, some reports, some integrity studies. Surely, you must have them since you're such an expert.

Will it not be the responsibility of the Chief Minister to check that the metro bus is in a state to be operated? Whose negligence will it be, and who will be responsible if people die because he is too negligent to take safety precautions?

Once again I ask, why don't you read?

All PTI Supporters here have no clue what Pakistanis are going through

My deepest condolences to the families that lost their loved ones.

It's the 2nd train accident in 1 month? (Correct me if I'm wrong). Whether Imran Khan's appointed Sheikh Rashid is good enough or not. Or if opposition is behind this as well. The matter of the fact is that there was a train accident and plenty of people lost their lives and that's the truth for aam awam. And it doesn't matter what was behind the back the scene politically. So it's a worrying sign for Imran and his men. The roots of PMLN and PPP are old and they are old players, Imran needs to produce some results for the awam asap because we awam are impatient as well.

The topic is about a train accident and how the signalling system is outdated. This is the crux of the debate right, as per the title of this topic right?

The topic is about Imran once again failing to practice what he preaches. He demanded the resignation of Saad Rafique after Lodhran. He stated that unless the minister resigns, there cannot be proper investigation. He also stated that whenever such an accident happens in other countries, the ministers immediately resign. I will ask again - why isn't Imran Khan pushing for Sheikh Rasheed to resign?

Let's assume that PPP would have won the election last year, and Bilawal would have appointed a RM of his choice. This accident would have still happened since you are blaming PMLN for it, but do you think Imran would not have pushed for the PPP RM to resign? If you are being your usual disingenuous self, you would say no, but deep down you know the reality.
If it's not, then then the title of your topic should be changed. Next time, instead of being a clickbait hoor, be more honest with yourself and others when trying to score political points. The irony here is you're attempting to vilify Imran Khan for doing something, which you YOURSELF do on a daily basis.

My thread title is self-explanatory. Will Sheikh Rasheed resign in light of this accident? If yes, great. If no, why did Imran demand Saad Rafique to resign?
The rest of your "steps" mean literally nothing. I have full rights to question you as a poster on here. You're the first person I have ever come across who claims to be from Peshawar and can neither read, write or understand Pashto. If that isn't raising red flags, I don't know what else is. Coupled with your conspiracy theories which oddly mimic that of monkeys like the RSS across the border, one can easily question what your motives are. It's not a crime. Deal with it apu.

Not sure why you have a fetish for the word "apu", but I have proved you wrong with respect to Peshawar and I am happy to add to your misery further if you wish. I will ask you again - let's talk about Peshawar because the more we talk about it, the more your accusations will be exposed.
So, why are you not extending this logic to the Lodhran train accident? Just because you type long paragraphs in English, doesn't mean what you're saying it right. Most of the time, you just go around in circles...as you've done here.

I am. I don't believe that Saad Rafique should resign I don't believe any minister has to resign when there is such an accident, unless he is directly involved. I am simply going by Imran Khan's words. He claimed that there cannot be a proper investigation unless the Minister resigns. So what is different this time?
As I posted twice above, the signalling system scam was caught by NAB in May 2019, for contracts that were signed in 2016. I've asked you twice now to tell me which government was in power at that time when those contracts were signed.

And I have answered which you have ignored.

You either seem to have reading comprehension skill problems or are simply dishonest. I'll go ahead and choose both.

I will take both. At least I don't think that people in Peshawar read and write Pashto.

First off, who says he didn't? You? Who are you?

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and China inked an agreement on Sunday to upgrade the Mainline-1 (ML-I) Peshawar to Karachi railway track. Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmad and Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Yao Jing signed the declaration for the preliminary design of the phase one of the ML-1 project.
...The track will have a computer-based signalling and control system as well as a grade separation to ensure the safety of train operations. The main line will cover Karachi to Peshawar via Hyderabad, Nawabshah, Rohri, Rahimyar Khan, Bahawalpur, Khanewal, Sahiwal, Lahore, Gujranawala, Rawalpindi and Peshawar.

What should have been done in sections throughout the 2000s, now has to be done within 5 years under CPEC, which China reluctantly agreed to. Under the two phases of ML-1 upgrades, the entire line will adopted an automated signaling system.

Date? 29 April 2019

[/quote]More useless copy paste. You are deflecting the question again - if the line is currently not fit for operation, why is it operating? Why did Sheikh Rasheed let people die when it is an accident waiting to happen? Who is responsible for this decision?

Again, why do you deflect?

Read above.

Read above.

The only one incompetent here is you. I mean, how hard is it to google?

I think it is hard enough, maybe that is why you are unaware of the problems with the BRT in Peshawar.

What exactly has been "botched" about it? I'd like to see some detailed reports please.

Is this a serious question? Have you been living under a rock in deepest dungeons of Swat? To provide a very, very, very brief summary - it has been delated 6 times, it has been reconstructed multiple times, a woman died in a test run, after almost two years, they realised that at some points, the track is two narrow for two buses to pass through together, there are permanent bottlenecks on University road right before KFC and Shelton Rezidor etc. etc. etc. etc.

Again, you're making accusations, which is what 99% of your posts are. I'd like to see some evidence, some reports, some integrity studies. Surely, you must have them since you're such an expert.

Once again I ask, why don't you read?

Accusations? I am presenting a scenario. If a non-PTI government takes over and operates BRT when it is unsafe, who will cop the blame if an accident takes place?

All PTI Supporters here have no clue what Pakistanis are going through

oh bhai meray, i lived through Altaf husseins rise in karachi janaab, when they were killing us on the streets of karachi just for speaking pushto or punjabi..i went through the terrorism of the early decade too when my parents were in islamabad and my army family was fighting in waziristan... compared to karachi in the 80's and 90's you live in a paradise..

My question is addressed to all PTI supporters and not just the flop spy who thought I was from New Delhi.

If the line was unfit for operation because it wasn't upgraded, why was it operational? why did Sheikh Rasheed wait for an accident to happen?

[MENTION=253]the Great Khan[/MENTION]

This worse,its state killing people

The topic is about Imran once again failing to practice what he preaches. He demanded the resignation of Saad Rafique after Lodhran. He stated that unless the minister resigns, there cannot be proper investigation. He also stated that whenever such an accident happens in other countries, the ministers immediately resign. I will ask again - why isn't Imran Khan pushing for Sheikh Rasheed to resign?

He's acting like a politician now that's why. That's how politics are played. Also, it's doesn't help that Imran Khan can be stupid at times. He pushed himself into a corner by making dumb statements in the past. He has to live with them now.

Let's assume that PPP would have won the election last year, and Bilawal would have appointed a RM of his choice. This accident would have still happened since you are blaming PMLN for it, but do you think Imran would not have pushed for the PPP RM to resign? If you are being your usual disingenuous self, you would say no, but deep down you know the reality.

Well that's how politics work. Whoever is in opposition will say he should resign, and whoever is in power will keep him onboard. It's politics. The fake outrage your displaying is quite entertaining though.

My thread title is self-explanatory. Will Sheikh Rasheed resign in light of this accident? If yes, great. If no, why did Imran demand Saad Rafique to resign?

The answer is politics. Sheikh Rasheed should resign, as did Asad Umar.

Not sure why you have a fetish for the word "apu", but I have proved you wrong with respect to Peshawar and I am happy to add to your misery further if you wish. I will ask you again - let's talk about Peshawar because the more we talk about it, the more your accusations will be exposed.

I still don't believe you're from Peshawar or a Pashtun for that matter, but what's this talk about "misery"? Really, I'm having a fun time making a fool out of you and I intend on doing it in the future...again...and again...and again.

I am. I don't believe that Saad Rafique should resign

That sums you up.

[quot]I don't believe any minister has to resign when there is such an accident, unless he is directly involved.[/quote]

Where's the logic in that?

I am simply going by Imran Khan's words. He claimed that there cannot be a proper investigation unless the Minister resigns. So what is different this time?

Proper investigation for what? There was no foul play here...it was an accident due to an outdated signalling system which wasn't upgraded when your daddy was in power.

I see, should if Saad Rafique didn't resign, and Sheikh Rasheed isn't being asked to resign, you're crying

No,

And I have answered which you have ignored.

Your answer doesn't address my question. Try again, this time more neurons firing might actually help you Apu.

I will take both. At least I don't think that people in Peshawar read and write Pashto.

If you're Pashtun, you should be able to. If you're not Pashtun, then Hindko, which I bet you probably don't know either right Apu?

Date? 29 April 2019

More useless copy paste. You are deflecting the question again - if the line is currently not fit for operation, why is it operating? Why did Sheikh Rasheed let people die when it is an accident waiting to happen? Who is responsible for this decision?

a. Copying and pasting isn't against any law I'm aware of.
b. You said why hasn't Sheikh Rasheed addressed the signalling problem, and I just provided you a link with an entire ML-1 upgrade inauguration, which you simply decided to call "copy and paste".

Why is this being ignored? You said Sheikh Rasheed hadn't addressed the signalling problem. I just proved to you he has. Any other questions?

Again, why do you deflect?

Deflect what? I've ascertained clearly in this topic that:

a. Under your daddys administration, the signalling upgrades worth $550 million dollars were not done.
b. That the money was siphoned off in 2016 under your daddys adminstration
c. That the current Railways Minister addressed the signalling problem under ML-1 upgrades under CPEC

If you're still having trouble understanding, I can draw a flowchart for you.

I think it is hard enough, maybe that is why you are unaware of the problems with the BRT in Peshawar.

As I mentioned earlier, please provide me with your evidence. I'm sure several integrity studies have been done, since you're the expert here on Peshawar's BRT. Please provide me the links to them. Your opinions and feelings mean nothing. Who are you again?

Is this a serious question? Have you been living under a rock in deepest dungeons of Swat? To provide a very, very, very brief summary

*yawn* and your evidence is where?

it has been delated 6 times

Most mass transit projects are almost always delayed and overbudget in every part of the world. Why would Peshawar be any different?

Why infrastructure projects are chronically over budget
https://www.tvo.org/article/why-infrastructure-projects-are-chronically-over-budget

Why Costs Often Creep On Public-Works Projects
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.50fbb4a6ba36

Costs And Delays Mount For Downtown L.A. Subway Link
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-regional-connector-20151112-story.html

it has been reconstructed multiple times

What has been constructed multiple times?

a woman died in a test run

The victim, identified as 30-year-old Lubna, managed to cross the fencing and come onto the tracks when she was hit by the bus.

So somehow this is the fault of the Peshawar BRT because a 30 year old woman crossed a fence and entered the restricted busway? Wow...tell me more.

after almost two years, they realised that at some points, the track is two narrow for two buses
to pass through together

Can you provide the report which mentions this.

there are permanent bottlenecks on University road right before KFC and Shelton Rezidor etc. etc. etc. etc.

Yeah that tends to happen when you're building mass transport systems.

Accusations? I am presenting a scenario. If a non-PTI government takes over and operates BRT when it is unsafe, who will cop the blame if an accident takes place?

Who says its unsafe? You? I don't care what you have to say, show me actual evidence. So far, you've made accusations and skewed a story about a woman being killed on the BRT testrun. Go play around on train tracks or busways which are restricted and see what happens.

Furthermore, if a non-PTI government takes over and knows its unsafe (lets just assume your nonsense is true), then that government should take steps to correct it, as did the current Railways Minister with the signalling project being included into ML-1 Upgrade (CPEC).

Do you have anything else further to add?

My question is addressed to all PTI supporters and not just the flop spy who thought I was from New Delhi.

If the line was unfit for operation because it wasn't upgraded, why was it operational? why did Sheikh Rasheed wait for an accident to happen?

Bhai do not ask these questions here. All PTI supporter now will come hard on you.

[MENTION=150793]RameezRambo_Fan[/MENTION]

Thank you for saving me the trouble of rubbishing your post quote by quote, because you have finally gathered the courage to admit that Imran makes dumb statements and that is why they come back to haunt him over and again.

However, out of respect, I will still address the main points of your post.

Firstly, “he is playing politics” is the most pathetic excuse PTI supporters come up with, and it is usually the last resort.

He portrayed himself as a savior, sold people a dream and now that he is struggling to deliver by showing “sabz baagh”, the excuse is that he is playing politics.

Basically, whenever he fails to walk the talk, it is okay because he was making fool of people in the past by playing politics.

Secondly, if you are seeking “evidence” for PTI messing the BRT and think that it is just a regulation hiccup, you haven’t stepped foot in Peshawar in the last two years.

A word on the delay: in November 2017, PTI came up with the nonsense deadline of 6 months. Anyone with half a brain-cell knew that it wasn’t a realistic deadline, but PTI fooled the public to win cheap votes before the election.

Yes projects are delayed, but people are not killed in Test runs. Who will answer for the woman who was killed in Hayatabad? The BRT failure is the single biggest example of PTI incompetence and their arrogance has blown in their faces. Now they are getting exposed at the federal level with their erratic, haphazard and impulsive decision-making. It is a circus and even hardcore PTI supporters are getting frustrated.

Thirdly, if you still don’t believe that I am from Peshawar, you can also believe that the earth is flat. I did offer you an exercise: let’s talk about Peshawar and I will give you details that you won’t find on google. O ka khwaka de wi nu um pukhto ke ba gup ulagao.

Actually, my mother is Hindo speaking but my father is Pashtun. As a result, we speak Pashto at home but I can understand Hindko and speak decently too. Reading and writing Hindko? Hindko literature is even less common than Pashto literature. If 99% of the people here don’t read or write Pashto, then 99.99% of the people don’t read or write Hindko.

Bhai do not ask these questions here. All PTI supporter now will come hard on you.

Look their excuses.

It was the previous government’s mistake and Imran was simply playing politics when he asked Saad Rafique to resign. They really have no shame.

But Sheikh Rasheed is incompetent. A shameless lota and Imran knows it better than most. Unfortunately, he joined hands with him for the same reason why he welcomed filth from other parties to get into PTI.

Letting an incompetent man like him continue is a lose-lose situation.

The ‘electables’ which Imran has given tickets are absolutely the opposite of ‘Naya Pakistan’.

Incompetent and scandalous.

Look their excuses.

It was the previous government’s mistake and Imran was simply playing politics when he asked Saad Rafique to resign. They really have no shame.

whatever imran does it is fine with them.
One question to you. Imran wants ehtesab for the last 10 years. Don't you think He should ehtesab for last 20 years? Why he is not mentioning General musharf's name? Does army has to do anything with it?

One question to you. Imran wants ehtesab for the last 10 years. Don't you think He should ehtesab for last 20 years? Why he is not mentioning General musharf's name? Does army has to do anything with it?

[MENTION=1269]Bewal Express[/MENTION] [MENTION=21699]Pakpak[/MENTION] [MENTION=133397]WebGuru[/MENTION]

Lets all join together to welcome another patwari on board here :yk

Typical patwari mindset, why are you only checking our loot and plunder why not checking others as well. :)))

[MENTION=1269]Bewal Express[/MENTION] [MENTION=21699]Pakpak[/MENTION] [MENTION=133397]WebGuru[/MENTION]

Lets all join together to welcome another patwari on board here :yk

Typical patwari mindset, why are you only checking our loot and plunder why not checking others as well. :)))

call me whatever you want. You calling me anything would not make any difference? You guys supporting Imran would not make any difference either to pakistan. I want justice for everyone? why exclude Generals? May be Generals brought him here?

Of course. Look at what he said about the army in the past. They are running the show and Imran is just their yes man. He is playing the same role that Nawaz Sharif did in the 90’s, and once they find a new puppet, he will be discarded.

Tragic accident. However there must be a full enquiry and if sheikh is found to have made errors that lead to this he should resign..

In the meantime I hope the patwaris can ask their quaid to return the stolen loot so the ministry can repair the tracks and signals

call me whatever you want. You calling me anything would not make any difference? You guys supporting Imran would not make any difference either to pakistan. I want justice for everyone? why exclude Generals? May be Generals brought him here?

No me and 17 million Pakistanis who voted for him brought him here. You think your opinion is worth more than 17 million people who voted for him?

Do not overestimate your importance.

No me and 17 million Pakistanis who voted for him brought him here. You think your opinion is worth more than 17 million people who voted for him?

Do not overestimate your importance.

Do you really think Vote has value in pakistan? Vote has no value in any country even in USA. Again let me tell you i am not even supporter of any party. I just support Pakistan.

Do you really think Vote has value in pakistan? Vote has no value in any country even in USA. Again let me tell you i am not even supporter of any party. I just support Pakistan.

Yes that is typical patwari thing to say. You all start off by saying you do not support any party because some part of you (and others) feel ashamed having to type out that you support known corrupts, murderers and child molesters. There is a reason why even attention seeker [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] will write long boring essays against PTI and in favour of Sharif khandaan but at the end say "I do not support Noon league."

On your point of significance of vote. Just because you do not believe in the importance of vote doesn't mean there is no importance. If you think the 2018 elections were rigged to make PTI win then you will also have to accept that 2013 elections were rigged to make PTI lose. Cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Hahahahhahahah just one post ago you said I do not support any party. Took all of one post to show your true colors patwari :))) :))) :)))

Again read my post carefully. I am just asking for Justice for anyone. If i did corruption i should be punished. Why Mariam nawan not in the jail?

Yes that is typical patwari thing to say. You all start off by saying you do not support any party because some part of you (and others) feel ashamed having to type out that you support known corrupts, murderers and child molesters. There is a reason why even attention seeker [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] will write long boring essays against PTI and in favour of Sharif khandaan but at the end say "I do not support Noon league."

On your point of significance of vote. Just because you do not believe in the importance of vote doesn't mean there is no importance. If you think the 2018 elections were rigged to make PTI win then you will also have to accept that 2013 elections were rigged to make PTI lose. Cannot have your cake and eat it too.

AT which point i said 2013 election were clear? In history of pakistan which election were clear?

Again read my post carefully. I am just asking for Justice to anyone. If i did corruption i should be punished. Why Mariam nawan not in the jail?

She will be in jail very soon, don't worry there is no hiding for corrupt politicians and their supporters.

She will be in jail very soon, don't worry there is no hiding for corrupt politicians and their supporters.

But why she is out for last 5 months? Her father is in jail. and she was in jail with her father? plus where her husband? Where is justice?

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] ye hai wo pindi ka shetaan jis k mutaliq Imran Khan Niazi sahib farmatay thay k mein issay chapraasi takk na rakhun.

Jo Uturnia azeem leader railway ka qalamdaan issay dega wo iss se isteefa maangay ga ?

[UTUBE]QA6h7TXxoGs[/UTUBE]

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] ye hai wo pindi ka shetaan jis k mutaliq Imran Khan Niazi sahib farmatay thay k mein issay chapraasi takk na rakhun.

Jo Uturnia azeem leader railway ka qalamdaan issay dega wo iss se isteefa maangay ga ?

[UTUBE]QA6h7TXxoGs[/UTUBE]

Copy and paste merchant is back.

Tragic accident. However there must be a full enquiry and if sheikh is found to have made errors that lead to this he should resign..

In the meantime I hope the patwaris can ask their quaid to return the stolen loot so the ministry can repair the tracks and signals

Shouldn't burgers demand Sheikhu's resignation to ensure transparent inquiry?

Back