Sami Aslam to leave Pakistan and head for USA

I have a doubt
How US cricket making money? How they are paying big amount?
Cricket is not a big game in US, no viewership and no craze but still buying OS players.

They are investing 1 billion dollars into Cricket with a major T20 league slated to be launched next year so don't be surprised if you see more players heading to the USA

I have spent over a decade in north america from a relatively young age - america is not where you make a cricket career and you really have to work hard even for careers that are lucrative here. If he thinks it will be easy for him to actually make money through cricket here he is living in la la land.

Let us just hope he doesnt have to turn tail and come back in five years to play domestic cricket.

I was thinking the same thing.

If nothing else this whole episode proves that Sami doesn’t have the mental fortitude and patience to stick around and fight out his case. If he couldn’t do that for the game he loves I really don’t see him doing well in the US.

It is a concern for PCB that USA cricket is giving more lucrative offers.

The domestic financial packages are not just good enough

I’m almost certain that Sami Aslam has not done the requisite homework and a cost-benefit analysis of this move.

Sami can feel that he’s been hard done by but he can’t average in the 30s season after season, then suddenly after one good season demand to be selected otherwise he will quit.

I feel a little sorry for him because his attitude is a big strange. He keeps posting emotive tweets after squad announcements. Most players aren’t like this.

However, this is a big decision and I’m sure it’s not a spur of the moment thing, he must have discussed it with his family. If he feels it’s the best thing for him then all the best to him.

I agree, but from afar, it does seem that he needs some reassurance from the top management. Some players need that. I am not a fan of his attitude either, especially after that Biryani fiasco.

As a 24-year old, and with the opener's slot not set in stone, I would have thought the rational decision for Sami would be to just wait out the overseas tours. Hopefully, you're right and it isn't a spur of the moment decision that's just to attract some attention, which there have been plenty of examples of recently (JK's silent protest, Usman Qadir's brief move to Aus). Good luck to him either way.

USA major League T20 thats where Mohammad Asif is nowadays. Now Asif will have some company in form of Sami Aslam. The t20 leagues are the second option (after the national side) for all Players.
Problem with Sami is, he is a test player. so he gets overlooked for PSL, BPL, LPL etc. So he is going for a new and relatively unknown T20 league like USA T20 league.

Hue and cry over an average player. To put things in perspective, Mickey persisted with someone like Babar, while he was struggling. Sami would have been persisted with too, had he shown any intention besides blocking the ball.

Masood is mediocre, but much better intent than Sami. Quite happy such entitled cricketers find ways to shoot themselves in the foot and let Pakistan cricket be.

Hue and cry over an average player. To put things in perspective, Mickey persisted with someone like Babar, while he was struggling. Sami would have been persisted with too, had he shown any intention besides blocking the ball.

and if he had the self discipline to not cheat on the diet plan in his hotel room

and if he had the self discipline to not cheat on the diet plan in his hotel room
Exactly.

Pretty sure this guy has serious attitude issues. If I am not mistaken, didn't he get into an altercation with his head coach in last year's QeA trophy aswell? Mediocre player, and even worse attitude. Get him on the plane as soon as possible.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To the new beginning 🇺🇸 🏏</p>— Sami Aslam (@Samiaslam999) <a href="https://twitter.com/Samiaslam999/status/1334350458568146944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seems to be in USA now

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To the new beginning 🇺🇸 🏏</p>— Sami Aslam (@Samiaslam999) <a href="https://twitter.com/Samiaslam999/status/1334350458568146944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seems to be in USA now

I’d like to say good riddance but truth is he had a chance of making it to the Pakistan team at some point if he worked hard. He was (statistically) a top 5 batsman last year and another top 5 or preferably top spot this year would seal his position.

Seems after a horrible initial patch of 3 matches and consecutive failures for Balochistan, he woke up and smelled the coffee.

Didn’t seem willing to develop new facets of the game either - would rather not play National T20 cup at all than play for the second XI as captain, where a winning team and good performances would have catapulted him into limited overs contention.

Last edited:

Masood is mediocre, but much better intent than Sami. Quite happy such entitled cricketers find ways to shoot themselves in the foot and let Pakistan cricket be.

We both know Sami is not a world beater but Masood and Imam are not either. I don't think he deserves to be a sure shot slot as an opener but his replacements haven't set the test cricket on fire either. We know his replacements are parchi. I don't think Pak cricket will miss him but atleast he is honest with his feelings. I saw an interview of Khurram Manjoor where he mentioned how much favor Masood received in first class cricket.

He won't be missed. If he is thinking he will magically achieve cricketing success recognition in the US he is mistaken.

If he wants an American passport and to settle in the US that's a different matter, he can get into coaching and make a living from that just like Asif Mujtaba did

I mean this is obviously nothing to do with Cricket considering the USA don't even have a decent team. If he was serious about his cricket he would have gone to Australia or the UK.

These guys once again showing what their priorities are. Most people just want to live abroad.

Anyways good riddance he's not exactly the best batsman in Pakistan so won't be missed.

We both know Sami is not a world beater but Masood and Imam are not either. I don't think he deserves to be a sure shot slot as an opener but his replacements haven't set the test cricket on fire either. We know his replacements are parchi. I don't think Pak cricket will miss him but atleast he is honest with his feelings. I saw an interview of Khurram Manjoor where he mentioned how much favor Masood received in first class cricket.

Maybe check Masoods Avg since his return along with the oppositions he has faced before commenting?
He has been the 2nd best Batsman in the team who can actually play well off the backfoot.

The cricket scene here in the US is pretty underrated. People make a decent living off here, and they can use someone like him with International experience. He will probably make more of a decent living here than working on the pennies that he gets working in Pakistan. Plus we know how the system is rigged in Pakistan that somehow only TTF's with connections end up making to the playing XI. We know the standards are different for everyone here and Sami made the right choice. Welcome to the USA brother.

The cricket scene here in the US is pretty underrated. People make a decent living off here, and they can use someone like him with International experience. He will probably make more of a decent living here than working on the pennies that he gets working in Pakistan. Plus we know how the system is rigged in Pakistan that somehow only TTF's with connections end up making to the playing XI. We know the standards are different for everyone here and Sami made the right choice. Welcome to the USA brother.

He’ll make more but will have a less comfortable standard of living. We both know that. Costs are much more in the US, in fact my first concern for him is his rent.

After Sami Aslam, Corry Anderson has also moved to USA.

Thats a surprise too. Anderson looked pretty good when he came into the scene but somehow got tangled into the web of T20 leagues and his career went almost nowhere.

He’ll make more but will have a less comfortable standard of living. We both know that. Costs are much more in the US, in fact my first concern for him is his rent.

He’ll earn from rent, trust me. Property price has gone down and you can Mortgage a duplex with basement & separate entrance for as low as $75k now, may be 10% either side in greater Houston, then rent the basement to Mexicans. If you have some hard cash at hand & a secured monthly income, life in USA is much easier, unless you blow that money for wrong cause. Yes, life will be less comfortable- no servants or drivers, millionaires need to do own stuffs in west.

He’ll earn from rent, trust me. Property price has gone down and you can Mortgage a duplex with basement & separate entrance for as low as $75k now, may be 10% either side in greater Houston, then rent the basement to Mexicans. If you have some hard cash at hand & a secured monthly income, life in USA is much easier, unless you blow that money for wrong cause. Yes, life will be less comfortable- no servants or drivers, millionaires need to do own stuffs in west.

Maybe I should get into this then. I think easier said than done, otherwise it seems I’m losing out on easy money.

Maybe I should get into this then. I think easier said than done, otherwise it seems I’m losing out on easy money.

If you are allowed to buy property in USA, and have a steady source of monthly income to pay mortgages, definitely you can look into it.

I disagree, depends on where you live. People can make a very comfortable living here doing odd jobs which is not possible in Pakistan. I think if he is playing in a professional league, chances are he will be making between 55-60k a year which is good for a decent lifestyle.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-ne...ncement,highest salary soaring around $90,000.

To my surprise

'In a path-breaking announcement mid-last year, USA Cricket handed out contracts to the national team players for the very first time in history. In a country with a minimum annual wage of $15,080, the players were paid an average salary of around $70,000 with the highest salary soaring around $90,000. It is understood that the comparatively hefty paychecks (by associates standards) came in lieu of a verbal agreement between the players and the board where the board expected the players to resign from their current day jobs and focus full-time on their cricket and training activities.'

He made the right call. He’s gonna be a much bigger name in USA than he will in Pakistan. Helping cricket grow here will only benefit World Cricket.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-ne...ncement,highest salary soaring around $90,000.

To my surprise

'In a path-breaking announcement mid-last year, USA Cricket handed out contracts to the national team players for the very first time in history. In a country with a minimum annual wage of $15,080, the players were paid an average salary of around $70,000 with the highest salary soaring around $90,000. It is understood that the comparatively hefty paychecks (by associates standards) came in lieu of a verbal agreement between the players and the board where the board expected the players to resign from their current day jobs and focus full-time on their cricket and training activities.'

Texas probably pays lowest or among lowest tax in USA - around 2.5% + State surcharges ... in total around 5% and there is hardly any sales tax. In Canada, if your family income is over $150K, you pay around $35k-$38k as income tax ..... then 13% sales tax on every purchase outside essential staffs. And, at that income level, you don’t get any perks from govt. like discounts on day care ....

If someone from South Asia can launder US $120K in hard cash and has a steady monthly income of $3500; he’ll live better in USA than most people in PAK. But yes, you’ll have to clean your toilet and garage by yourself.....

If someone from South Asia can launder US $120K in hard cash and has a steady monthly income of $3500; he’ll live better in USA than most people in PAK. But yes, you’ll have to clean your toilet and garage by yourself.....

Which is not very hard if you have a joint family.

He made the right call. He’s gonna be a much bigger name in USA than he will in Pakistan. Helping cricket grow here will only benefit World Cricket.

Lol bigger name. No one will get to know him apart from desi circles which follow cricket. And they already know him

To my surprise

Not much different to what Pakistan A category players earn (Through PCB retainers) but taxes expenses in USA are much more. Sami Aslam cant imagine to have a lifestyle of some Pak players in USA with this much money. However, I wish him best and hopefully things turn out to be as per his expectations.

Not much different to what Pakistan A category players earn (Through PCB retainers) but taxes expenses in USA are much more. Sami Aslam cant imagine to have a lifestyle of some Pak players in USA with this much money. However, I wish him best and hopefully things turn out to be as per his expectations.

He was not even Cat D, therefore this comparison doesn’t make sense for him. By the way, is PCB’s Category A pays $6,000month? Also, I am sure tax expense in USA is lower than PAK, however in USA, you’ll have to pay tax by pennies after proper assessment ...... some of the doctors in BD charges BDT 1000 per 10 minute, practices for 14 hours a day, almost seven days a week and pays income tax for annual income of BDT 1,000,000 - this is not possible in USA.

He is not even in emerging cat. Why compare his package with A cat?

It is a good package for him

Who cares how much money he will earn from going to America? It's not that deep lol. He would rather make a career elsewhere than fight for his place. Good luck to him. But it shows his mentality isn't the best if he is giving up on getting into the national team .

He was not even Cat D, therefore this comparison doesn’t make sense for him. By the way, is PCB’s Category A pays $6,000month? Also, I am sure tax expense in USA is lower than PAK, however in USA, you’ll have to pay tax by pennies after proper assessment ...... some of the doctors in BD charges BDT 1000 per 10 minute, practices for 14 hours a day, almost seven days a week and pays income tax for annual income of BDT 1,000,000 - this is not possible in USA.

He wasnt even given a contract so as you said definitely doesnt apply to him. However, if if he would have worked hard and followed up with a good second 4 day season, he would have had a high chance to get into B or C category (Obviously no 100% guarantee). Even in that category he would have had a pretty decent lifestyle in Pakistan with around USD4,600 or USD3,400, as monthly retainers alone depending upon category. With his current scenario its fine I guess but, at the end there is nothing 100% right or wrong it all comes down to what kind of life someone wants.

Pak nationally contracted players (Retainers):

A Category: 1.1 Million PKR (USD 6,798) monthly = 13.2 Million PKR (USD 81,576) annually

B Category: 750,000 PKR (USD 4,635) monthly = 9 Million PKR (USD 55,627) annually

C Category: 550,000 PKR (USD 3,400) monthly = 6.6 Million PKR (USD 40,793) annually

Match fees and domestic contracts are separate.

He is not even in emerging cat. Why compare his package with A cat?

It is a good package for him

Agreed. My point was that even in B or C category which he had a chance to get into he would have done decently well in Pakistan with the retainer alone. However, obviously, there would have been no guarantee of continuous contract unless he would have performed well enough to make one of the positions his own.

Just to add, Sami Aslam hasnt been given a contract yet. He will be playing league cricket in USA and after 2 years and 10 months he will be eligible to represent USA according to his deal with the authorities.

Taxes are alot but it is still a very decent lifestyle. Not to mention you earn performance bonuses, man of the match awards etc. Even if he has a wife that earns part time, they can make a very decent living which includes school, healthcare, and then travel for vacations etc.

Taxes are alot but it is still a very decent lifestyle. Not to mention you earn performance bonuses, man of the match awards etc. Even if he has a wife that earns part time, they can make a very decent living which includes school, healthcare, and then travel for vacations etc.

There is more you can do in America after retirement than in Pakistan. Life is tough for non graduates in Pakistan unless you own a decent business.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sami Aslam has accepted an offer with America's Major League Cricket T20. He will move to America and hopes to play for USA once he is eligible <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1330099195475337218?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2020</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

His T20 stats are dire (strikes at 114) - strange that an up and coming T20 setup would target someone like Aslam.

Sami leaving for the US is black mark for Pakistan cricket , him leaving , is it or wrong am ignoring for the moment.

Just shows the complete patchi nature of Pakistan cricket , we can keep changing structures blah blah blah but until we do not pick players on merit , we will never go anywhere

If the names i am hearing are really investing into this MLC league, then this league will have the deepest pocket for any league, bar the IPL.

How’s Sami’s going to the US any different from a plumber going to the Middle East, a doctor to the UK or an IT engineer moving to US. His own cost benefit analysis told him that he’s better off in the US. That’s it. It’s not a blackmark on PCB or anyone else.

There’s a limit to which a player can be paid locally esp if he is not in the top flight.

If the US cricket becomes richer, more second-tier India/SL/Pak and even UK/NZ cricketers may move there. So getting into the US team will not be that easy as Sami thinks but he will probably get a role in some local club.

Sami leaving for the US is black mark for Pakistan cricket , him leaving , is it or wrong am ignoring for the moment.

Just shows the complete patchi nature of Pakistan cricket , we can keep changing structures blah blah blah but until we do not pick players on merit , we will never go anywhere

I think you should take a look at Sami's performances and then his attitude on Social Media. He could have waited a year and strung up some performances and he would have made it to the Shaheens if not the main Squad. Deciding to leave was his personal decision and saying its PCB failure is a bit of an exaggeration.

His T20 stats are dire (strikes at 114) - strange that an up and coming T20 setup would target someone like Aslam.

Someone striking at 114 SR in Pakistan domestic leagues should be capable of dominating Associate leagues

How’s Sami’s going to the US any different from a plumber going to the Middle East, a doctor to the UK or an IT engineer moving to US. His own cost benefit analysis told him that he’s better off in the US. That’s it. It’s not a blackmark on PCB or anyone else.

There’s a limit to which a player can be paid locally esp if he is not in the top flight.

If the US cricket becomes richer, more second-tier India/SL/Pak and even UK/NZ cricketers may move there. So getting into the US team will not be that easy as Sami thinks but he will probably get a role in some local club.

Depends on how much money USA cricket is willing to pump (in a post pandemic economy) in a sport that is literally fringe to their local audience and maybe somewhat of a knock off (they would think that) from their already existing MLB. The sourcing of athletes that you're seeing right now is just the initial push and if substantial ROI is not made in at least the next 5 years, then I can see these same people reverting to small clubs and just being run of the mill cricketers in leagues that don't even represent a gamesmanship fit for an associate country.

Sustaining a model is something very difficult because to do that you need an audience that follows the sport religiously since sustained audience is what drives sponsorship. Markets like India (Billion+) and Pakistan/Bangladesh (200 million+) would always outperform a market like the USA (regardless of how much money they pump in) because the sport in itself is competing with giants that far outweigh the national interest of the USA so much so that even something like presidential politics can't match it's numbers.

Cricket no matter what will always be a Tier 2/Tier 3 sports in the US (that's the harsh reality of it) because the initial push comes from imports and it won't drive a fundamental change in the mindset, might even create a counter productive negative connotation given how the national mood swings in the US so until the government gets involved (which they wont because there are much better avenues that investing in a sport alien to their audience) I don't see how USA cricket would enable anything from a move that they might be doing right now.

Yes, expat Indian, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis residing their might have something to cheer about but in the grand scheme of things, the change would be negligible.

Indian batsman Suryakumar Yadav will not leave India to play for a different country because of the support he gets from his IPL franchise and the BCCI, whereas Pakistan continues losing talents like Sami Aslam to other countries because of lack of support from PCB, said former Pakistan cricketer Danish Kaneria.

Speaking on his YouTube channel, Kaneria said he thinks Sami Aslam — the 24-year-old opener who played 13 Tests and 4 ODIs for Pakistan — has taken the right decision to move to USA. Aslam, who last played for Pakistan in 2017, announced last week that he had quit Pakistan cricket and that he would ply his trade in USA.

“He (Sami Aslam) was a consistent player. There’s been injustice done with him. He never got the chances that people like Shan Masood, Imam-ul-Haq did,” Kaneria said in his video, adding that nepotism is rife within Pakistan cricket.

“It is unfortunate that PCB behaves in such a way that players need to leave their homes. India’s Suryakumar Yadav got an offer from Scott Styris to play for New Zealand, but his franchise has stood by him, the BCCI has stood by him, so he will not leave India,” added Kaneria.

This was a reference to a recent tweet by Styris.

Kaneria also added that he had himself received ‘offers’ from two other countries while he had still been playing for Pakistan but that he had rejected these ‘offers’.

“Looking back, I should have gone to another country, at least their cricket board would have supported me,” he said.

https://indianexpress.com/article/s...-aslam-path-danish-kaneria-slams-pcb-7094897/

Last edited:
Indian batsman Suryakumar Yadav will not leave India to play for a different country because of the support he gets from his IPL franchise and the BCCI, whereas Pakistan continues losing talents like Sami Aslam to other countries because of lack of support from PCB, said former Pakistan cricketer Danish Kaneria.

Speaking on his YouTube channel, Kaneria said he thinks Sami Aslam — the 24-year-old opener who played 13 Tests and 4 ODIs for Pakistan — has taken the right decision to move to USA. Aslam, who last played for Pakistan in 2017, announced last week that he had quit Pakistan cricket and that he would ply his trade in USA.

“He (Sami Aslam) was a consistent player. There’s been injustice done with him. He never got the chances that people like Shan Masood, Imam-ul-Haq did,” Kaneria said in his video, adding that nepotism is rife within Pakistan cricket.

“It is unfortunate that PCB behaves in such a way that players need to leave their homes. India’s Suryakumar Yadav got an offer from Scott Styris to play for New Zealand, but his franchise has stood by him, the BCCI has stood by him, so he will not leave India,” added Kaneria.

Kaneria also added that he had himself received ‘offers’ from two other countries while he had still been playing for Pakistan but that he had rejected these ‘offers’.

“Looking back, I should have gone to another country, at least their cricket board would have supported me,” he said.

https://indianexpress.com/article/s...-aslam-path-danish-kaneria-slams-pcb-7094897/

Kaneria talking about 'offers' is basically irony shooting itself in the head, dragging its carcass across dry tarmac, and then setting on fire of whatever that remains.

Why would Surya leave India? Its like a baseball player in USA coming to India to play international baseball? More than 80% fans of cricket live in India. It is most lucrative place to play cricket. I bet Surya makes more money than many international cricketers from SA,Eng,NZ,Pak etc.

Suryakumar Yadav is already a rich boy and earning more than current Pakistani players.
Why he will leave :kp

Even Praveen Tambe wont leave India.

Last edited:

Sami Aslam is no where near to be a good batsman. I would rather believe Azhar Ali as an aggressive batsman than this timid guy. He will take mare than a day to score 100 but he will not survive that long for sure. Only thing he knows tuk tuk but without any proper score. He was even struggling against Bangladesh 2nd XI bowlers.

Karachi: Opener Sami Aslam has dishearteningly stated that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) never approached him as he was in talks with USA cricket since March.

The 24-year-old while talking to ‘The Cricketeria Show’ on Youtube revealed that after getting unpicked for the tour of England and New Zealand, he decided to move USA for a better opportunity.

“I was in contact with them (USA Cricket) since March but still there was no thought of moving there as I was hopeful of getting selected for the England tour,” Sami said.

“Again I was not picked for the New Zealand tour, I was totally dispirited because everything (fitness and form) was on point,” he added.

“Speculation of moving to USA has been in the news and social media for past 3-4 months but still I haven’t been approached by the PCB in this regard,” he maintained.

Read: Corey Anderson quits New Zealand cricket, to play in USA
Sami emphasized that the main reason for choosing USA over other cricket-playing nations is that he will still be associated with their cricket board till he gets eligible to represent them.

“I am under a proper contract here till I get eligible to play international cricket for them after three years. Their national coaches will be monitoring my progress and fitness throughout. The level of cricket has been brilliant here and the facilities are great too,” he added.

It must be noted that last week, Sami confirmed that he has quit Pakistan cricket and has landed in San Fransisco, California for a ‘new beginning’.

Sami represented Pakistan in 13 Tests and scored 758 runs at an average of 31.58 with seven half-centuries.

His last appearance for Pakistan came in a Test match against Sri Lanka back in 2017. He was dropped from the national team without getting any game on England tour in 2018.

https://arysports.tv/pcb-never-approached-sami-shares-reason-going-usa/

Extremely lazy can’t put in the hard yards so starts crying after not getting selected.

“Speculation of moving to USA has been in the news and social media for past 3-4 months but still I haven’t been approached by the PCB in this regard,” he maintained.

So PCB is supposed to look for speculations in news and social media to see if a player is planning to move? Thats odd logic from Sami Aslam.

If he was that interested than what he could have done is that he could have written a letter to PCB regarding more clarity on what aspects he will need to improve to get into national team and overall career as he is weighing the option to move to US.

Expectations of PCB to look into every speculation is unrealistic. He was selected and treated really well throughout the junior level cricket. Was given international debut and opportunities at a very young age as well. Problem of self entitlement was pretty clear when after just one decent domestic season he thought now he surely deserves a chance to be in the national team.

I guess there is no point in giving excuses, he should just move on.

I was thinking the same thing.

If nothing else this whole episode proves that Sami doesn’t have the mental fortitude and patience to stick around and fight out his case. If he couldn’t do that for the game he loves I really don’t see him doing well in the US.

He does have the patience but unfortunately not blessed in the natural talent category.

I find it rather sad that instead of playing first-class cricket in Pakistan and looking to perhaps getting back into the international fold one day, Sami will be playing in USA against a lot of no-hopers, many has-beens and perhaps a few players of quality.

Sami Aslam is a professional and he has to make a living. If he sees better opportunity for himself in the USA (careerwise, financially, green card) then why the hell wouldn't he take it? Why should he continue to put forth so much effort and hardwork in the domestic circuit of Pakistan, earning peanuts? To appease all of you?

If he believes he has made the right decision for himself and his family, then that is all that matters.

If anything, this demonstrates the commitment as well as the determination of Cricket USA to raise the local standard of cricket played here. Not Sami Aslam.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it rather sad that instead of playing first-class cricket in Pakistan and looking to perhaps getting back into the international fold one day, Sami will be playing in USA against a lot of no-hopers, many has-beens and perhaps a few players of quality.

Why cant he play few county matches in England.

What black mark? He has many problems with his batting and definitely was not a shoo-in for the national team at any point in his career.

He has a self entitlement which does not even remotely match his talent and performances.

In USA, Sami Aslam will be confined to the dust bin of cricketing history and no will ever remember him. His loss.

An limited, impactless player, who loved his comfort zone and had entitlement issues. Good riddance!

I think he was hard done, was checking his previous year performance in FC he has 864 runs average of 78 with 4 hundreds and highest score of 243* not out when one is able to score more than 1-2 hundreds this season.

Not getting selected in 15 is understandable but he must have thought if he isn't even getting selected in 35 then there is no future of him here.

Andre Russell is the definition of that Punjabi song “menu note dikha, mera mood bane”

He’s posting videos of his own batting on his own Twitter now.

The only other person I know who puts up videos of their own footage is Shoaib Akhtar.

25 years old today - who would have thought at this age he would be playing in the USA?

I think it was a good decision, considering he wants the easy way out and the US has a plethora of opportunities outside of cricket he can cash in on.

Pakistan wicketkeeper-batsman Kamran Akmal believes many players will follow Sami Aslam out the door at the end of the season.

Akmal’s bleak outlook for Pakistan cricket stems from the fact that Aslam left the country to pursue his cricketing career in the United States.

Aslam, a talented batsman, admitted that he was fed up of constantly being overlooked by the national selectors despite being one of the top performers in domestic cricket.

With the 25-year-old already having settled in the USA, Akmal fears more will follow in his footsteps as the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) “experiments have made the state of cricket worse in the country”.
“Experiments have made the state of cricket worse in the country. Sami Aslam has left Pakistan for the United States. Let the season end, many more names will emerge,”

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed his first tournament in USA due to a back injury.

idk whats the big deal, the dude see's an opportunity for a better life/career in USA hence he moves, wuppty do, 90% of us or our families have done the same, we could have stayed back and faced challenges in our respective countries and hopefully things maybe panned out, but nope we (or our elders) decided better to move on, that is perfectly fine, but for this guy to move isn't... there are 1000's of players in the setup, one goes 20 more pop-up....

idk whats the big deal, the dude see's an opportunity for a better life/career in USA hence he moves, wuppty do, 90% of us or our families have done the same, we could have stayed back and faced challenges in our respective countries and hopefully things maybe panned out, but nope we (or our elders) decided better to move on, that is perfectly fine, but for this guy to move isn't... there are 1000's of players in the setup, one goes 20 more pop-up....

Yep, even some former international crickets have moved to USA for better life opportunities.
Two I personally know are Pakistan's Asif Mujtaba. He has been working with cricketers in Texas. And then Faoud Bachcus, former West Indian Test player. He even presented USA national cricket team.

There is nothing wrong in pursuit of happiness and following your dreams through legal channels.

Back