Sarfraz Ahmed at one down in the chase against New Zealand?

waleed88

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
I'm sure everyone remembers his role as a pinch hitter against Srilanka in the Maghrib chase..

He scored a very brilliant 40 in that game..

Is he due a similar knock today? After his 40 down the order really worried the NZ bowlers

What for?

This is going perfectly.

The key is to have as many wickets as possible in hand at Tea.

What for?

This is going perfectly.

The key is to have as many wickets as possible in hand at Tea.

But he provided impetus against Srilanka... and Santner will be used alot today if I'm guessing

I think it was this performance that he gave in the game against Srilanka in the Maghrib chase which made him a permanent fixture in the side instead of Adnan Akmal

I feel like Babar should come in at 3. He is very dynamic himself. Then Safaraz and then Rizwan. Keep Younis and Shafiq back as your insurance policies. If a situation arises where both YK and Asad are on the crease then we can go for a blockathon and try to sneak a draw.

Hell no. Babar is the most dynamic batsman in the country. He must come at 3. Sarfraz should come at 4 and Asad/Rizwan at 5

No, he has shown little recently. Maybe at 5 if there is less than 150 to chase.

No, he has shown little recently. Maybe at 5 if there is less than 150 to chase.

Its about impetus, and I've seen NZ body language, they look very negative when taken on.. Its worth a gamble, if all else fails we have Babar as well who is fiery with his offdrives

Its about impetus, and I've seen NZ body language, they look very negative when taken on.. Its worth a gamble, if all else fails we have Babar as well who is fiery with his offdrives

I understand but imo the target should be smaller. Sarfraz trying to play like Viv Richards with over 250 to score would only uplift NZ while putting Pakistan under pressure if he fails early on. The pitch is also up and down with variable bounce and Sarfraz has been shuffling all over the crease, much more difficult to keep out a ball which stays low.

If babar azam did not exist then yes. But with babar azam there they shouldnt change line up.

I'm pretty sure younis khan willruin the show for us though

Pakistan's body language / tempo isn't exactly positive

Pakistan's body language / tempo isn't exactly positive

Yea thats been the disappointing part.. the situation has sorta changed in the past hour, I was expecting they would really go after it in the second session

No, we need Babar at #3. He can play quickly but also sensibly. Sarfaraz at #4 and Younis at #5 would be good.

Babar should come one down. He's in form and a can put up runs quickly.

Sarfraz should come in front of YK and Rizwan though.

Even though we didn't have a shot, Sarfraz should've stayed on and finished his job, this sort of irresponsibility is not on

Back