Seekkuge Prasanna - The Army Man from Sri Lanka

King Cobra

Local Club Star
Runs
I am surprised that there have been no talks about this guy who comes across as a very strong, confident and fearless character.

The little cameo that he played against Pakistan in the 2nd T20 showed a lot of what he is capable of.

The way he was hitting Sixes against Hafeez in his debut T20 was phenomenal which gave a glimpse of his big hitting ability and strength.

As a proof that he is not a one match wonder, he showed his exceptional talent once again when he nearly took SL to an impossible win after coming in to bat in a hopeless situation in the 1st Odi.

He hit sixes against Bhatti, Tanvir and even Ajmal with ease with minimum effort and all of them were clean strikes.

I think if he can develop his bowling a bit more then he can become a regular feature as an A/R for SL in the Odis and with his Six hitting ability , he can be the favourite of All the T20 Leagues in the World.

I expect a decent contract coming up for him in the next IPL auction, something that Maxwell was offered.

On a personal front, he is a Soldier in the Sri Lankan Army and has fought in the War. That may have some role to play in his fearless attitude.

Last edited:
He isn't an international quality player to me.

Well, I am quite sure he will not an Maxwell like contract in IPL either (even if you never know with IPL). At best, he can play T20 for Sri Lanka...

I would like to see him bat at top of the order. He certainly is better than a number 9 position batsman.

another decent performance for him. Smashed 22 of 15 against us and was fairly economical although he didn't pick up a wicket.

Good player for the Shorter Versions.

Is a beast, so is Sennayeke, any run chase is not over, till him, Perrera and Sennayake still remain, could end the match in moments.

Has got himself out with his own stupidty a few times, no great work by the bowler.

Last edited:
I like his hard hitting capabilities.

He seems to be better all rounder than Perera for Sri Lanka.

Good knock by him today. England will have to bowl well at him and not let him settle.

Another hack who got lucky today with the help of poor bowling and small boundaries Though I rate his bowling

Shoaib Akhtar played for Pakistan International Airlines, is he a pilot ? Why would you think Ajantha and this guy were soldiers cause he played for a club representing the Army ? :facepalm:

Shoaib Akhtar played for Pakistan International Airlines, is he a pilot ? Why would you think Ajantha and this guy were soldiers cause he played for a club representing the Army ? :facepalm:

Wikipedia says this guy is an Army Officer in Sri Lankan Army.

Don't these guys have to undergo certain training like normal Army Soldiers ?

Wikipedia says this guy is an Army Officer in Sri Lankan Army.

Don't these guys have to undergo certain training like normal Army Soldiers ?

No it is not. They are just given a position on paper. I doubt they ever held a gun or trained in the army.

you tell me, :hafeez2

82749.jpg

Back