Shahid Afridi denies endorsing a ‘pro-Israel’ event in the UK

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistani superstar cricketer Shahid Khan Afridi faced controversy after a pro-Israel account on Instagram claimed he supported a "Friends of Israel" event in the UK on Wednesday.

Hours after the Instagram account posted Afridi's photo as an "endorsement" of the event in Manchester, Afridi responded on his X handle.

"Imagine strolling down a street in Manchester (UK) and so-called fans approach you for a selfie. You oblige, and moments later, they upload it as some form of Zionist endorsement…," Afridi wrote.

"Unbelievable! Please don't believe everything that is uploaded."

He added that the photo does not signify his support for any situation where "human lives are at stake."

"Seeing innocent lives in Palestine suffer is truly heartbreaking. Any photo or association shared in Manchester does not reflect my support for any situation where human lives are at stake," he wrote.

"I take pictures with fans from all over the globe, and this situation was no different," he said.

The "NW Friends of Israel" account on Instagram shared Afridi's picture with two of its officials, saying: "Pakistani international cricketer @SAfridiOfficial stopped to offer his support for our call to release the hostages at our NWFOI vigil last Sunday in Manchester."

"Shahid is pictured with NWFOI co-Chair Raohi Bloom and deputy Chair Bernie Yaffe… Thank you for your support, Show more," the account added.

Fatima Bhutto, granddaughter of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, also expressed her astonishment, saying: "Waiting for a comment from @SAfridiOfficial on what he was doing at a Friends of Israel event."

po8uafQ.jpeg

Y5U2FNd.jpeg

Pakistani superstar cricketer Shahid Khan Afridi faced controversy after a pro-Israel account on Instagram claimed he supported a "Friends of Israel" event in the UK on Wednesday.

Hours after the Instagram account posted Afridi's photo as an "endorsement" of the event in Manchester, Afridi responded on his X handle.

"Imagine strolling down a street in Manchester (UK) and so-called fans approach you for a selfie. You oblige, and moments later, they upload it as some form of Zionist endorsement…," Afridi wrote.

He added that the photo does not signify his support for any situation where "human lives are at stake."

"Seeing innocent lives in Palestine suffer is truly heartbreaking. Any photo or association shared in Manchester does not reflect my support for any situation where human lives are at stake," he wrote.

"I take pictures with fans from all over the globe, and this situation was no different," he said.

The "NW Friends of Israel" account on Instagram shared Afridi's picture with two of its officials, saying: "Pakistani international cricketer @SAfridiOfficial stopped to offer his support for our call to release the hostages at our NWFOI vigil last Sunday in Manchester."

"Shahid is pictured with NWFOI co-Chair Raohi Bloom and deputy Chair Bernie Yaffe… Thank you for your support, Show more," the account added.

Fatima Bhutto, granddaughter of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, also expressed her astonishment, saying: "Waiting for a comment from @SAfridiOfficial on what he was doing at a Friends of Israel event."

po8uafQ.jpeg

Y5U2FNd.jpeg
I seriously believe both the tweets are somehow true!! :ROFLMAO:
Afridi didnt understand half the things they were saying and just thought " ohh White foreigners expressing interest in ME!! SELFIE!!!" and partial word salad he processed would have been "Gaza, children, saving innocents, good cause"
Boom Boom !!

You can call Afridi anything but calling him a pro israeli supporter is wrong. Afridi should be careful he could get attacked by some retarded religious bigot.

This PTI cult is after him due to his political views. The cult followers shouldn't forget Imran's kids are being raised by jews ex in laws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afridi always in the news.

Jews believe that Pashtuns are one of their lost tribes.
I don't think the Jewish people or historians believe it but it's some minor pashtun folklore story that people bring up.

Afridi is a world superstar, even has Zionist fans . He should take them to court for tarnishing his good name….but not entertain any settlement, as it would be someone else’s land .
Cricket isn't even a global Sport for heaven sake. Stand him in the middle of NYC and other then perhaps Pak's and Indians no one else will recognize him. Global superstar!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Cricket isn't even a global Sport for heaven sake. Stand him in the middle of NYC and other then perhaps Pak's and Indians no one else will recognize him. Global superstar!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Some people love deluding themselves. People hardly care for cricket except people from the subcontinent. You talk about Messi and Ronaldo, those are examples of global superstars.

You can call Afridi anything but calling him a pro israeli supporter is wrong. Afridi should be careful he could get attacked by some retarded religious bigot.

This PTI cult is after him due to his political views. The cult followers shouldn't forget Imran's kids are being raised by jews ex in laws.

Its not the PTI Cult that goes around murdering and kidnapping people. Its your friends at GHQ that are doing that Afridi is fair game( although i do believe him on this) because he is political and all is fair in love and war.

Some people love deluding themselves. People hardly care for cricket except people from the subcontinent. You talk about Messi and Ronaldo, those are examples of global superstars.
Muhammad Ali, Michael Jackson, Sylvester Stallone, Roger Federer, Tiger Woods, Elvis Presley, Tom Cruise and yeah Messi too are examples of current and past global superstars! To a degree even SRK and the Big B as well who are recognized in the Middle East and subcontinent too. I have always insisted that the most influential countries in the world like China, Russia and the USA don't care about Cricket. No cricketer is even close to being a superstar let alone something more.

Muhammad Ali, Michael Jackson, Sylvester Stallone, Roger Federer, Tiger Woods, Elvis Presley, Tom Cruise and yeah Messi too are examples of current and past global superstars! To a degree even SRK and the Big B as well who are recognized in the Middle East and subcontinent too. I have always insisted that the most influential countries in the world like China, Russia and the USA don't care about Cricket. No cricketer is even close to being a superstar let alone something more.
Cricket will never produce a global superstar because the game itself isn't globally followed.

Cricket will never produce a global superstar because the game itself isn't globally followed.
Cricket was formed as a means to expand British imperialism. That is why mostly former British colonies play it, no one else. While those illiterate mostly farmers particularly from the subcontinent obsessed over this undemanding Sport the Brits were busy repeatedly looting them :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: The only reason I watch it is because it's the only sport Pak is half decent at. I really couldn't care less when Pak were eliminated from this World T20 tournament.

Cricket was formed as a means to expand British imperialism. That is why mostly former British colonies play it, no one else. While those illiterate mostly farmers particularly from the subcontinent obsessed over this undemanding Sport the Brits were busy repeatedly looting them :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: The only reason I watch it is because it's the only sport Pak is half decent at. I really couldn't care less when Pak were eliminated from this World T20 tournament.
I have always loved the game but there is no harm in me admitting the truth.

How can afridi be so naive that he does not even know where he is going or what event he is endorsing. I think he cannot read?

Its not the PTI Cult that goes around murdering and kidnapping people. Its your friends at GHQ that are doing that obviously . Afridi is fair game( although i do believe him on this) because he is political and all is fair in love and war.

Before the VONC, all these activities were considered halal and justified by the cult followers.

If all is fair in love and war then the iddat case is also justified according to your logic. Afridi is currently being unfairly targeted by the PTI's social media teams just to get back at his earlier criticism of IK's governance and performance in KP/Punjab. This reflects the typical mob mentality of PTI fans and supporters.

po8uafQ.jpeg

Y5U2FNd.jpeg
The way media is portraying Afridi's image is actually wrong, Afridi can do anything but can't be do this.

I have seen similar israeli supporters hold up stands in many other cities.

They have a stand with large stand that says Free Palestine but underneath it says from Hamas.

Maybe Afridi got duped by something like this because it's unlikely these elderly white Jewish people knew who he was.

Before the VONC, all these activities were considered halal and justified by the cult followers.

If all is fair in love and war then the iddat case is also justified according to your logic. Afridi is currently being unfairly targeted by the PTI's social media teams just to get back at his earlier criticism of IK's governance and performance in KP/Punjab. This reflects the typical mob mentality of PTI fans and supporters.

So before the VONC journalists were being killed? Yes but by the very people doing it today( do the names Jokhio and Memon ring a bell?) not by IK , were people being arrested for demos? Name some? Were woman locked up without trail? Name some? Were politicians were being locked illegally? Name some? Were politicians locked up for being married? Name some? Were people being kidnapped for being relatives of politicians? Name some.

Lol afridi…u r a hell of a joker man. No one believes what u say. Just like how you defrauded us by making us think you u are a good cricketer

Shahid Afridi is one of the biggest tragedies to ever hit Pak Cricket. That this player with no temperament or technique played so many matches for Pak is beyond my understanding. He most likely married his daughter to Shaheen Afridi so he could keep poking his nose and disrupting Pak Cricket by causing divisions from within. Imran Riaz Khan is absolutely correct in exposing him for what he is just some days back. He is fully capable of supporting Israel yet playing dumb at the same time insisting he was supporting Palestine!!.

Back