Shoes. What Do You Wear?

shirazi_r

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
Seeing as we've discussed at length and posted photos of everything else, perhaps it's time for a little shoe talk.

What do you wear and why?

Post photos if possible.

I must be the only one here who doesn't have proper cricket shoes :facepalm:

I wear New Balance running shoes :facepalm:

I don't wear "proper" cricket shoes either. Despite having a pair of Ihsan shoes, I much prefer my turf football boots. I've heard of people complaining they don't have enough "support" but I've bowled a couple hundred overs in them and Alhamdulillah I haven't had any foot/leg injuries.

I wear Nike Total 90 Chrome boots when I bowl. (I bought these in a half size larger and so they're super comfortable and easy on the feet while bowling).

The Adidas Predator Absolute boots are the ones I tend to wear while batting as they have a nice fit with good protection around the top of the foot and toes.

DSC08557.jpg

DSC08556.jpg

Kookaburra Vertex Dual Spike Cricket Shoes

I have only wore about 3-4 different cricket shoes but they are at the top (I thinks )

I must be the only one here who doesn't have proper cricket shoes :facepalm:

I wear New Balance running shoes :facepalm:

I use to wear running shoes as well but to be honest the difference isn't much just more protection (depends on what you get) and spikes :adnan

I've slipped too many times pushing off from the split-step when fielding to ever consider non-spiked shoes.

lol i used to wear mids, but now wear puma running shoe or nike shox

These ones:

Jokes aside though, I wear AM Amazing (That is the name of the model :facepalm:) shoes.

Last edited:
i wear puma iridium rubber shoes while playing cricket

Attachments

• PumaIridiumRubberCricketShoes.jpg
    PumaIridiumRubberCricketShoes.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 465
I had a question regarding spikes, below is the picture of the shoes I really like and fancy a pair.

But I wanted to know is it possible to replace those metal studs with rubber studs?

Also are these Nike ones any good?

Attachments

• 150x83_NikeAir-Zoon-Century-Spikes.jpg
    150x83_NikeAir-Zoon-Century-Spikes.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 255
I had a question regarding spikes, below is the picture of the shoes I really like and fancy a pair.

But I wanted to know is it possible to replace those metal studs with rubber studs?

Also are these Nike ones any good?

It is possible to purchase rubber studs for most shoes but in all honesty they're not very good. I find rubber studs to have far less traction than regular rubber-soled shoes when it comes to playing on grass and astroturf.

If you really fancy Nikes, try these...

file_31_66.jpg

Ahh okay, that sounds wise, thanks for your suggestion.

Bhai, I was looking at latest Nike Googly's (picture is below). I don't know anything about shoes but are these good?

prda64eb198-2795-4b71-be3f-4693824154bf.jpg

They have something called 'flywire' technology which apparently makes them lighter.

I wear regular running ASICS shoes. I have used SG cricket shoes But didn't l ike because it is very heavy compare to my ASICS. Secondly, I have a wide foot so can't really wear any shoes.

Does anyone know cricket shoes for wide foot?

I did have an option of getting shoes from Pakistan but my heart wasn't willing to do it :(

If ASICS fit you well then don't you think another pair of ASICS would be good if you want one ?

I think Asics offer a wider option on the 170/180 Not Out, but I've never seen anywhere offering it.

CD bhai, why not get half spikes?

Do you play on astro, if so then I would also go for the Googly's. I have heard they are really comfy and lightweight.

QS Bhai, we play on astro turf and they don't allow spikes because they will rip the turf.

Acha, theek hai I am leaning towards them...

:umarakmalYou obviously have to play in these if your a true cricketer:umarakmal

Attachments

• mar1.jpg
    mar1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Ahh okay, that sounds wise, thanks for your suggestion.

Bhai, I was looking at latest Nike Googly's (picture is below). I don't know anything about shoes but are these good?

prda64eb198-2795-4b71-be3f-4693824154bf.jpg

They have something called 'flywire' technology which apparently makes them lighter.

CD, those Nikes are very similar to last years but with some updated aesthetics. Either pair will serve you well so go with the ones that appeal to you more. That said, going for the older ones will probably save you a couple of dollars.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you planning on buying them from?

CD, those Nikes are very similar to last years but with some updated aesthetics. Either pair will serve you well so go with the ones that appeal to you more. That said, going for the older ones will probably save you a couple of dollars.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you planning on buying them from?

Sounds wise, I was reading and the only difference I see is of Flywire which is in the new ones.

Ahh no mind at all! Actually I am still looking around but I came across them on ProDirect so if I do buy then it will be ProDirect..

Sounds wise, I was reading and the only difference I see is of Flywire which is in the new ones.

Ahh no mind at all! Actually I am still looking around but I came across them on ProDirect so if I do buy then it will be ProDirect..

I was actually looking at buying the same ones from ProDirect but I worry about the fitting of the shoe...

As for the Flywire, I wouldn't put much emphasis on it. The shoes look almost exactly the same in terms of sole construction so I wouldn't imagine much of a change aside from some fancy orange colouring.

I was actually looking at buying the same ones from ProDirect but I worry about the fitting of the shoe...

As for the Flywire, I wouldn't put much emphasis on it. The shoes look almost exactly the same in terms of sole construction so I wouldn't imagine much of a change aside from some fancy orange colouring.

Hmm true I agree. Personally I'm not too sure how flywore can make the shoes so light so I'm pretty certain that it won't make much of a difference.

Why were you worried about the fitting if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not fan of GM, GN etc shoes but they are quite cheap on ProDirect especially if you compare those prices with Canadian prices.

CD bhai, have you thought about Puma rubber spikes? I hear they are also quite good.

Here is a review that SkySports did: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12194_6634787,00.html

Yaar they are good and I know. I have read lots of positive about them but yaar they don't look great to me for some reason lol. I don't know why I'm being picky with shoes especially in looks department.

Hmm true I agree. Personally I'm not too sure how flywore can make the shoes so light so I'm pretty certain that it won't make much of a difference.

Why were you worried about the fitting if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not fan of GM, GN etc shoes but they are quite cheap on ProDirect especially if you compare those prices with Canadian prices.

I tend to find that I prefer slightly different sizes on different shoes sometimes so buying a size 10.5 may not mean that it fits me as well as I'd like.

I also have wide feet so anything with too much cushioning inside tends to hurt!

I tend to find that I prefer slightly different sizes on different shoes sometimes so buying a size 10.5 may not mean that it fits me as well as I'd like.

I also have wide feet so anything with too much cushioning inside tends to hurt!

True, same thing goes with me, hence, if I buy I'll go for size 11.

From straightbat bhais post I think ASICS shoes would be good for you as they are on wider side.

Yaar they are good and I know. I have read lots of positive about them but yaar they don't look great to me for some reason lol. I don't know why I'm being picky with shoes especially in looks department.

At the end of the day it is up to you to buy the ones that you like.

I hope which ever ones you choose they play well for you. :)

CD bhai, definitely go for flywire over last years....they are much better...

What do you guys think of the Asics Advance 3 LE (green Ones)? I think they look fantastic and am looking to get a pair but that is only based on looks alone.

What do you guys think of the Asics Advance 3 LE (green Ones)? I think they look fantastic and am looking to get a pair but that is only based on looks alone.

Do you play on artificial pitches?

In that case, the Asics should be perfect. I've only heard good things about Asics cricket boots over the last couple of years and this years range should be no different.

They may not be as flashy as Nikes but from what I've seen, they're quality.

:umarakmalYou obviously have to play in these if your a true cricketer:umarakmal

I dont understand if he is allowed to run over the pitch with these shoes, although I would love to wear them if I dont have to bowl at times.

Just saw one at ProDirect and I didn't find the one which had 'LE' written but I saw Asics Advance 3 (Green Ones) and to be honest they looked good to me and I would say to me they look the best in Asics shoes range.

They would really suit Pakistani players :)

Back