Runs
Born April 24, 1986, Sialkot, Punjab, Pakistan
Major teams Northerns (Zimbabwe), Southern Rocks

124688.jpg

looks like a solid bat,
i guess he can play for zimbabwe in future

:14:

Last edited:
If he hold the nationality then we can see him playing for them very soon.

here is a article guys

Pakistan-born cricketer and Southern Rocks right-hand batsman Sikandar Raza Butt (24) wants to play for Zimbabwe.

Raza confirmed the news in an interview with NewsDay on Thursday.

“Playing for the Zimbabwe national team will be the ideal thing for me. It’s something that I’ve been looking foward to since I decided to become a professional cricketer.” said Butt.

“The level of cricket here is now very high and I know I have to continue working hard and be consistent at this level of the game.

“Playing alongside players like Brian Lara, Steve Tikolo, Tatenda Taibu and Chamunorwa Chibhabha has been a positive influence in the development of my game,” said Butt.

Butt scored a match-winning knock of 93 off 48 balls to help his side beat Matabeleland Tuskers by 41 runs on Wednesday.

The Rocks’ opening batsman came to Zimbabwe when his family migrated from Pakistan in 2002 as a 15-year-old and says he has fallen in love with the country.

He played domestic cricket intermittently for the then local side Northerns before moving to Scotland (Langside College) for his studies where he graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in software engineering.

“After my studies I spoke to my dad about my wish to take cricket on a full-time basis and that’s when Givemore Makoni (Southern Rocks chief executive) signed me for last year’s Twenty20 tournament.
“Since then I have never looked back.”

Sikander Raza Butt - Pakistani born to play for Zimbabwe "A"

Zimbabwe team has eight new faces
Friday, June 03, 2011 » 07:07am

Zimbabwe cricket selectors have named Pakistan-born Sikander Raza Butt among eight newcomers in a 32-man squad to face Australia A and South Africa A in a limited-overs series from the end of the month.

The 24-year-old opener, who migrated to Zimbabwe with his family nine years ago, has been one of the best batsmen in the domestic league for three seasons.

Also in line to debut are pace bowler Tendai Chatara and legspinner Natsayi Mushangwe, who played in last year's Under-19 World Cup in New Zealand.

After the tri-series, which opens on June 29, Zimbabwe will meet the Australian second-stringers in two four-day matches in preparation for the return to the Test arena in a one-off match against Bangladesh in Harare in July.

ZIMBABWE: Sikandar Raza Butt, Regis Chakabva, Tendai Chatara, Chamu Chibhabha, Maxwell Chifamba, Elton Chigumbura, Mike Chinouya, Charles Coventry, Graeme Cremer, Terry Duffin, Tochukwu Enwerem, Craig Ervine, Kyle Jarvis, Greg Lamb, Lovemore Manatsa, Hamilton Masakadza, Shingi Masakadza, Tinotenda Mawoyo, Keegan Meth, Chris Mpofu, Natsayi Mushangwe, Foster Mutizwa, Njabulo Ncube, Ian Nicolson, Tinashe Panyangara, Ed Rainsford, Ray Price, Vusi Sibanda, Tatenda Taibu, Brendan Taylor, Prosper Utseya, Brian Vitori.

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/Sport/2011/06/03/Zimbabwe_team_has_eight_new_faces_620800.html

very random

didnt think pakistanis migrated to zimbabwe?

makes me wonder now

would pakistanis be in burkina faso? or puerto rico :/

wish the player well

Last edited:
very random

If you go to North Pole or South Pole, I am sure you'll find a few Desis there.

Well, guess what.... there is at least one......!! :)

North Pole is a suburb of Fairbanks, Alaska!

Attachments

• ttt.jpg
    ttt.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,320
Last edited:
how did you possibly just find that out
:))

looks like pakistanis are just as bad as the irish lol...end up everywhere

how did you possibly just find that out
:))

looks like pakistanis are just as bad as the irish lol...end up everywhere

Why are you surprised? If Pakistanis can live in Lala Land, Naziristan, Younustan, Junaidistan and Gulistan.... they can live anywhere! :p

yeah but...lol them places are different :)))

ok fine man...see if you can find pakistanis living in...i dont know...tonga+siberia :p

lol

pakistanis are spreading every where. i wont be suprised if next britian's PM is a pakistani born

yeah but...lol them places are different :)))

ok fine man...see if you can find pakistanis living in...i dont know...tonga+siberia :p

lol

Siberia is part of Russia and I am pretty sure there are lots of pakistanis in Russia.

as for tonga this is the only thing I found about Tonga+pakistanis.

Last February, eight Pakistani men jumped off Tongan ship Twillinger, at the Italian port of Trieste, after a trip from Cairo. The Post said US officials have since determined that al-Qaeda had sent the men.

In September Italian authorities intercepted another Tongan ship, Sara. They claimed it landed 15 Pakistani nationals, said to belong to al-Qaeda.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/816149/posts

This question is related to a person’s ancestry and/or the ethnic group with which they identify. The statement of your informant should normally be accepted. The most frequently occurring answer will be “Tongan”. This and the more common responses are pre coded in the questionnaire so please circle the appropriate box. Where there is no appropriate precoded answer - please write in the ethnic group declared by the respondent. Persons from other Pacific Islands should be described according to the island group they come from e.g., Samoan, Niuean, Fijian, Solomon Islander etc., Persons of Indian ancestry but from Fiji should be described “Fiji Indian”. Persons of Asian descent should be described as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian, Pakistani etc. All people of white European descent (this will nclude white Australian’s, New Zealanders and Americans) should be classified as “European”

http://www.spc.int/prism/tongatest/pdfs/Census96/Admin.pdf

I can't believe I wasted half hour on this :facepalm:

What the Hell???? Who the hell would migrate to Zimbabwe? That country is messed up.
The country is world's most bankrupt and fiscally untenable economy

What the Hell???? Who the hell would migrate to Zimbabwe? That country is messed up.

you obviously have not been to Zimbabwe!!

My dad;s pakistani but my mum is of indian origin, born in Zimbabwe.

I can personally tell u it is a great country, yes it is ruled by a mad tyrant who has ruined the economy officially, but its a great place.

It was once known as the Jewel of Africa and there are numerous reasons why. There is much to do socially in zimbabwe, especially if you like the outdoors.

The education system in Zimbabwe is historically of a very high standard, following the British system, and i still believe the private schools there are on par if not of a higher standard than Australian schools.

There are indians, and pakistani's in abundance in the nation. Indians have been in Zimbabwe since the early 1900's, my own late grandmother migration from Gujarat when she was just a few years old. There would be thousands of Indian families, an even mixture of both Hindus and Muslims.

Pakisanis, on the major part, have started migrating over the last 15 years. Anywhere the economy is not seen as stable, there is money to be made in business. The majority of Pakistanis operate business involved in textiles, food and general stores.

I can assure you though, it is a great country. If you have the money, everything is available and you can TRULY live like a king!

very random

makes me wonder now

would pakistanis be in burkina faso? or puerto rico :/

wish the player well

there are many pakistani's in kenya burkina faso ghana ect...

Wish the player good luck and I reakky want to see zimbabwe getting better and good as they used to be

Not necessarily.Since 2009 Zimbabwe have made a recovery.A national unity government was set up and the failed national currency was suspended which stopped hyperinflation.

Zimbabwe recorded in 2009 an economic growth for the first time in a decade.

We shouldn't underestimate Zimbabwe,they have three very good spinners in Utseya,Price and Cremer and their batting is improving.They will be tough to beat,on home soil too.

They also did beat Pakistan and Australia in the 2010 T20 WC warm up matches.

Zimbabwe's administrators have made reforms to their cricket.Their domestic cricket has improved and there was a fantastic turnout for their T20 tournament,even Brian Lara participated for one of the team.He is now their batting consultant.They are on the up and we should not be complacent.

Zimbabwe is a improving team and I would like to see them become a good team again as cricket needs to be more competetive and hope sikander becomes a good palyer

strongly built lad. surely he must have some talent. he is from pakistan.

Averaging 38 in Zimbabwes domestic cricket is decent?

May be, why not? If you go through Indian domestic season, you 'll get at least 50/60 players averaging 50+. Players like Wasim Zafar, Surinder Bhabe, Rishikesh Kanetkar in recent past & currently the likes of Rohit, Pujara, Vijay, Munkund, Manoj Tewary or Rahanay are averaging around 50-60, but I am not sure about their true capability.

In Indian domestic circuit, normal FC score is 500+/7-8 dec., 500+/10 & 250/5, match drawn with the team having a better first innings get the points. In early 90s, when SAF came back in ICC, their FC season had 1 batsman (J Cook, I guess) averaging 40+ in that season & hardly about 7/8 in the 30s.

If the standard FC score in Zim FC is like 170, 213, 353, 256 over 4 innings, average of 38 is indeed very good.

May be, why not? If you go through Indian domestic season, you 'll get at least 50/60 players averaging 50+. Players like Wasim Zafar, Surinder Bhabe, Rishikesh Kanetkar in recent past & currently the likes of Rohit, Pujara, Vijay, Munkund, Manoj Tewary or Rahanay are averaging around 50-60, but I am not sure about their true capability.

In Indian domestic circuit, normal FC score is 500+/7-8 dec., 500+/10 & 250/5, match drawn with the team having a better first innings get the points. In early 90s, when SAF came back in ICC, their FC season had 1 batsman (J Cook, I guess) averaging 40+ in that season & hardly about 7/8 in the 30s.

If the standard FC score in Zim FC is like 170, 213, 353, 256 over 4 innings, average of 38 is indeed very good.

Just to add, Badrinath averages 63 in FC, 21 in Test & 19 in ODI.

i have seen many pictures of victoria falls,and read somewhere that zimbabwe cricket is going to built a stadium there :yahoo

sikander is a good/aggressive allrounder as i have seen some of his videos. :14:

Ive known Sikander, Sykes as we call him, for a few years now.

He played cricket here in Scotland for a few seasons.

All you have to know is that the boy oozes talent. A very level headed kid with exceptional talent.

He is not far off from making his debut for Zimbabwe soon and really hope for him he does.

Zimbabwe need an aggressor in the lower order to help Chigumbura. Raza is the man for the job.

It looks like he's a potential limited overs player with high strike rates across all formats but his averages are extremely poor (all in 20s and this is in Zimbabwe domestic). I'm pretty sure Zimbabwe have better.

Raza delighted with national team call-up

PAKISTAN-Born Zimbabwe cricket batsman Sikandar Raza Butt almost quit the gentleman’s game after learning that he still had four more years to wait before he could be eligible to play for the Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) national team.

By Don Makanyanga

The batsman who was called early last week to join camp ahead of the Bangladesh series which starts next week believes he is now ripe to have a dance with the national team.

The 26 year-old batsman told Standardsport that he was delighted that he acquired citizenship earlier than he expected.

“At first when I learnt that I still had to wait for four more years I was disappointed and disheartened and wondered if I had to continue playing cricket.

“My grandfather and father were very supportive urging me to continue working hard. Patience has finally paid off,” said Raza.

Raza paid tribute to Zimbabwe Cricket which he said did not lose faith in his abilities to play for his adopted country.

“I feel humbled and very happy that the coaches and ZC did not lose faith in me for a decade since I made my desire known to them that I wanted to play for Zimbabwe. Now it’s time that I repay that trust,” said Raza.

“I am going to represent the country with honour and pride since it has always been my dream to wear the red jersey at international level.”

Raza described his international debut last year with the Zimbabwe A side, a second string to the national team, as a humbling experience in his international career in the triangular series against Sri-Lanka A and South Africa A.

“It was a test to my character and ability as I found it more competitive than the franchise system,” said Raza.

http://www.thestandard.co.zw/2013/04/07/raza-delighted-with-national-team-call-up/

Another Pakistani ending up playing for another country.

A very happy moment for Sykes, wishing him the best of luck with his career as a Zimbo!

Adds to the list of cricketers Pak have lost now, Khawaja, Imran Tahir, Asim Butt and now Sykes.

A very happy moment for Sykes, wishing him the best of luck with his career as a Zimbo!

Adds to the list of cricketers Pak have lost now, Khawaja, Imran Tahir, Asim Butt and now Sykes.

Apparently, all of them are mediocre. Pakistan would not really mind that.

But Owais Shah is pakistani by birth, Pakistan would have loved to have him :13:

PakPassion.net @PakPassion
#ZimvInd Sikander approaches his maiden 50 in Harare as Zim move to 103/1 - He is 48no and a hush descends on Sialkot...

Good innings so far. Looks like he will have to play the anchor role in the future, while Sibanda's role should be to attack.

PakPassion.net @PakPassion
#ZimvInd Congratulations to Sikander Raza is 50no - his first ODI 50! His team are 107/2 in 31.5 overs

At least he is better than Ahmed "world class" Shehzad.

:bullet drive

Hafeez would score a hundred 8/10 times on this pitch and against an Indian attack consisting of these reserve bowlers.

Take runs against Trundlia with a pinch of salt, folks.

To be a pakistani he is quite quick between the wickets and rotates the strike well as well.

Looks a better player than most batsmen in Pak team.

Looks a better player than most batsmen in Pak team.

Put Hafeez and Jamshed on this pitch against these bowlers and they would have had a 180 run opening stand with Hafeez playing Zaheer Abbas and Jamshed reviving memories of Saeed Anwar. :nehra

Put Hafeez and Jamshed on this pitch against these bowlers and they would have had a 180 run opening stand with Hafeez playing Zaheer Abbas and Jamshed reviving memories of Saeed Anwar. :nehra

And they still wont 'look' good. ;-)

Raza doing well against India bcz he is Pakistani
and pakistanis Love bashing India :p

Pakistan is fast becoming the second biggest player exporter after South Africa.

very well played Sikandar

A daring batsman was the highest scorer from zimbabwe against india in first ODI. A well crafted 82 with two sixes and six fours. Early days for him in int cricket. Professional cricketer for just 3-4 yrs. Born in Sialkot getting admission to become a pilot but his dreams shattered due to a failed eye test only after he was amongst the 60 selected from whole country. Went to Glasgow and played cricket alongwith his studies. Zimbabwe was the next stop where his family lived and played superbly in domestic circuit,only to find himself playing for the national team. Long journey but well played Sikandar and all the best.

Saw him bat yesterday. In terms of temperament, he seems to be far tougher mentally that the new Pakistani batters. Technique's okayish, has the subcontinental tick of flashing outside the off stump once too often. In that way it was his good fortune to find himself facing India's B-list trundlers.

Really looking forward to his batting this series and of course the series against Pakistan!

Quite frank to be, ATM this guy look like a local club player to me. He has a long way to go, still need to learn alot from his team members Taylor, Sibanda and Masakadza.

good cameo by Raza in the end today helped zimboks getting near to 300 he got out now let see if tailenders can get them there.

Back