SM PINTU WARRIOR T20 BAT - first impressions

Knightrider

Local Club Regular
Runs
After a couple of weeks wait I received another new bat which I was eagerly waiting for, SM Pintu T20 Warrior. It was bought from Ajit (OnlineStockist).

I had never tried any SM bat and it was the first time I was trying. Initially when I was ordering I was a bit nervous because of the brand not being as famous as other brands. However, when I got my bat I was over joyed and was extremely satisfied. Bat has 14/15 clean straight grains and 34mm edges. I am sure the bat will play well and will last long. So far I haven't used this bat in a game/nets but I tested the bat with mallet and it has impressive ping. The sweetspot is extended on this SM unlike other bats which have limited sweetspot. The balance is very good as well whereas pickup is very light. The bat felt really good in my hands and it seems to be much lighter than its given weight. The craftsmanship and finishing on this bat is good as a £200+ bat. The new shiny chrome stickers look very good on the bat. Overall it is another gem of a bat from Ajit and his service was really good as usual. Leave comments and feel free to ask any question(s) you have got. Thanks

Pictures

smt20bat3.jpg

smt20bat1.jpg

smt20bat14.jpg

smt20bat12.jpg

smt20bat2.jpg

smt20bat5.jpg

smt20bat7.jpg

Last edited:
Seems to have a very SS like shape to me.

^true bulk of the willow in centre the rest is quite thin (especially shoulders) like CA nice bat the grains are awesome! so many and so straight, what weight is it? and is the shape traditional or scalloped?
great buy Majid made no mistake going for a smaller brand.

gr8 bat. Did you also consider any other SM bat while you were planning to buy this? Did Ajit recommend this to you? I am also planning to buy a SM bat. Looking for grade 1, meaty with extended sweet spot. Not sure which one to go for

Last edited:
Nice work Majid, as I said earlier a team mate has a SM bat that was used by an ex pro, it sounds like nothing else in the nets, compared to GN legends, Kookaburra sponsored bats etc.
Best sounding ping ive heard in a long time.

Let us know how it plays Majid, looks very very good for a grade 2. What is the weight of the bat?

gr8 bat. Did you also consider any other SM bat while you were planning to buy this? Did Ajit recommend this to you? I am also planning to buy a SM bat. Looking for grade 1, meaty with extended sweet spot. Not sure which one to go for

No I only considered this bat because I knew abt this bats quality. It could easily be as good as competitors grade 1 bat. I'd suggest you ignore the grading - buy a bat on performance and looks.

^true bulk of the willow in centre the rest is quite thin (especially shoulders) like CA nice bat the grains are awesome! so many and so straight, what weight is it? and is the shape traditional or scalloped?
great buy Majid made no mistake going for a smaller brand.

thanks Anmol. Weights around 2.10/2.11lb. Its traditional shape without any concaving . It has thick toe and shoulders are not thin. Its just the picture angle makes em look little thin. Middle is touch higher then SS. Also the bat has bigger bow then CA & SS.

Nice work Majid, as I said earlier a team mate has a SM bat that was used by an ex pro, it sounds like nothing else in the nets, compared to GN legends, Kookaburra sponsored bats etc.
Best sounding ping ive heard in a long time.

Let us know how it plays Majid, looks very very good for a grade 2. What is the weight of the bat?

thanks bigfan - I will use this bat in my next match or if I practice with it before then I'll update u on the bats performance. Your right about the special ping/sound. I have oiled and knocked the bat for 10 mins(thats all it needed) when I bounced a quality SG ball on the bat face n it pings/bounces really high.

Last edited:
thanks bigfan - I will use this bat in my next match or if I practice with it before then I'll update u on the bats performance. Your right about the special ping/sound. I have oiled and knocked the bat for 10 mins(thats all it needed) when I bounced a quality SG ball on the bat face n it pings/bounces really high.

what sg ball is that?

Image1836.jpg

Image1837.jpg

The Tournament is a premium quality four-piece ball made from superior quality alum tanned leather chosen from the top grade hide.
Water-proofed
High quality centre construction encased with layers of top quality Portuguese cork wound with 100 % wool
Naturally seasoned inner core
Good abrasion resistance and excellent shape retention

Last edited:
Those balls are rubbish sorry to say. They are bat breakers, leather is not meant to have lacquer on it.

Kookaburra are by far the best, dukes aren't bad but scuff badly when used. GN are trash.

I dont know if the balls should have lacquer/shacquer, so far I have batted against one of these balls and they are not bat breakers. They sound and ping of more better then GM balls I play regularly with.

I dont know if the balls should have lacquer/shacquer, so far I have batted against one of these balls and they are not bat breakers. They sound and ping of more better then GM balls I play regularly with.

I'm telling you this from experience, lots of experience. I have seen those rubbish indian balls destroy bats, to point where if someone pulls one out at a net I put my bat away. Those balls will break your bat, maybe not in 1 net session, maybe not in 10 but the damage they do is crazy. See if your getting dents in the face, especially the seams.

They sound different to a proper kooka ball, but then a golf ball sounds good too, doesn't mean you should use it.

I'm telling you this from experience, lots of experience. I have seen those rubbish indian balls destroy bats, to point where if someone pulls one out at a net I put my bat away. Those balls will break your bat, maybe not in 1 net session, maybe not in 10 but the damage they do is crazy. See if your getting dents in the face, especially the seams.

They sound different to a proper kooka ball, but then a golf ball sounds good too, doesn't mean you should use it.

You got it all wrong, these are genuine SG balls they are not rubbish. one grade higher then these is used at TEST Level cricket so these can not be rubbish quality. They are not like cheap rock hard balls.

I'm with bigfan, I have seen load of SS/SG/GN etc ball crap and each and every of them have been bat breaker and it included top ends also the ones Majid posted above.

I have witnessed loads of incidents where these balls have damaged the bat.

I will never use my bat against these rock hard balls.

Of course if you have a rock hard ball it will make bat ping as bat surface is softer.

Dukes and Kookaburra balls are the best ones out there, I even don't rate Readers too high! I agree Dukes make the bat face dirty but then they are safe at the end

I agree.

Another Asian brand with same stickering concept, bat full of stickers!

As I said before bat is not like SS shape I have the bat and I have seen it in real. Bat has thicker shoulder, toe and no con caving. If you compare any asian bat or even English bats to SS they will be very similar bcoz SS bat shape is basic/standard shape with mid-low middle.
The stickers on the bat are great, middle is very sweet and this bat would easily outperform £300 English bat. Bigger/more stickers are good it means more advertising and more visibility. If a player is batting with a SM bat in middle and if it has tiny stickers like Salix. Do u think a spectator from boundary can see 7 tell its a SM bat? No they wont be able to so thats why Asian brands have big clear Visible Stickers so people notice them more.

And Mr,Knightrider mind telling how effective is that mode of advertisement? How many people do you see use Asian bats compare to English?

Good for you if it outperforms £300 English bat

Those balls are rubbish sorry to say. They are bat breakers, leather is not meant to have lacquer on it.

Kookaburra are by far the best, dukes aren't bad but scuff badly when used. GN are trash.

I agree - sg balls are garbage - even the so called test ones. Unfortunate that knightrider uses all his quality bats against such rubbish balls. What standard of Cricket in England uses these balls ?

^the test balls are good they are used in international tests in india aswell as domestic

^the test balls are good they are used in international tests in india aswell as domestic

assuming the ranji trophy and test match balls are the sames one available in the store. the sg "test" match quality balls have been rubbish.

The fact is SG balls are high quality, you would know this if you ever used a genuine SG ball. By saying SG are poor is being very silly, it honestly made me laugh. I doubt that you even know how to judge a balls quality.

SG Tournament ball is a premium quality four-piece ball made from superior quality alum tanned leather chosen from the top grade hide.
Water-proofed
High quality centre construction encased with layers of top quality Portuguese cork wound with 100 % wool

Last edited:
Your absolutely right - I don't know a good ball when I see one. Not everyone gets to play at such a high level with so many bats to. I'm glad I provided some laughter for you. You provide the whole forum with plenty of laughter too - please keep it up.

The fact is SG balls are high quality, you would know this if you ever used a genuine SG ball. By saying SG are poor is being very silly, it honestly made me laugh. I doubt that you even know how to judge a balls quality.

SG Tournament ball is a premium quality four-piece ball made from superior quality alum tanned leather chosen from the top grade hide.
Water-proofed

I seriously dont know why people are so against SG SS brands in this forum..... I've personally used SG test which is way too expensive... it its best I've seen so far.... in saying that I havent tried Top End Dukes or any other company's cricket balls.... however SG TEST (orginal one) are too good and top notch.....

Last edited:
Are all you people here on drugs?

Kookaburra make the best balls. No question. Best is Kookaburra Regulation. Their top 6 balls are better than anything anyone else can make. Their balls are red, proper red leather. Not some darkened shade that is closer to brown. They use no varnish anywhere on the ball, not on the seams, no where. Their seams are the nicest the use, smooth, flat, plenty of grip to work your fingers with even in very damp/wet weather.

Duke are ok, but their leather does not hold up. they have a dark maroon colour, their seem is average compared to Kookaburra.

Everything else I have come across is not considered a cricket ball. Gray Nicolls are trash, too hard, too much varnish, lousy seems.

The SG "Test" I have used was very poor, it was a white ball with gold markings. The ball made a very bad sound off the bat when it was hit, I bowled a couple at the batsmen then stopped. On another occasion I used another just bowling in a net. The ball did not swing much, did not have consistent bounce, the seem was not comfortable in my hand and no amount of work enduced swing or movement. Some movement was detected from seeming.

Anyone who comes on saying SG make a good ball is not serious about playing cricket. Play with regulation balls for 80 overs then tell me what a good ball is. Play with one in a net and see how it feels coming off your bat. better yet, see how it comes off a really low grade bat, with those you can tell the difference in balls the best. Same as you would in junior cricket.

In the end I think it comes down to people being too "CHEAP" to buy the genuine balls and then tell ******** why they are using inferior.

Top post bigfan, can't agree anymore.

Kookaburra balls indeed hold the seam/seem for much longer than Dukes, I have both and have compared them and seam/seem of Kookaburra is much more prominent.

Allan, its not about people on this forum being against a particular brand. Forum is for discussion and everyone (members) have different opinion. If I like Screaming Cat its not neccessary that everyone else will like Screaming Cat, opinions and liking varies from person to person.

Are all you people here on drugs?

Kookaburra make the best balls. No question. Best is Kookaburra Regulation. Their top 6 balls are better than anything anyone else can make. Their balls are red, proper red leather. Not some darkened shade that is closer to brown. They use no varnish anywhere on the ball, not on the seams, no where. Their seams are the nicest the use, smooth, flat, plenty of grip to work your fingers with even in very damp/wet weather.

Duke are ok, but their leather does not hold up. they have a dark maroon colour, their seem is average compared to Kookaburra.

Everything else I have come across is not considered a cricket ball. Gray Nicolls are trash, too hard, too much varnish, lousy seems.

The SG "Test" I have used was very poor, it was a white ball with gold markings. The ball made a very bad sound off the bat when it was hit, I bowled a couple at the batsmen then stopped. On another occasion I used another just bowling in a net. The ball did not swing much, did not have consistent bounce, the seem was not comfortable in my hand and no amount of work enduced swing or movement. Some movement was detected from seeming.

Anyone who comes on saying SG make a good ball is not serious about playing cricket. Play with regulation balls for 80 overs then tell me what a good ball is. Play with one in a net and see how it feels coming off your bat. better yet, see how it comes off a really low grade bat, with those you can tell the difference in balls the best. Same as you would in junior cricket.

In the end I think it comes down to people being too "CHEAP" to buy the genuine balls and then tell ******** why they are using inferior.

good post. but i dont think its about being to cheap, onlinestocklist doenst carry Kookaburra balls

I agree, Kook balls doesnt really have a seam and it goes soft really quickly. TV commentators always suggest Dukes balls should be used by all test playing nations.

and you can't say its a bad ball because of the shellac, that is just the finnish of the ball, what makes it a bad ball is the core of the ball not the leather or shellac. We can only find out if it is a bat breaker if the ball is cut open.

Last edited:
There seems to be a new Bat maker coming out of India every week.

India has more bat makers than any where else.

Its just that with the booming economy and globalization many are selling to overseas markets and sponsoring players.

Some of these smaller companies have been given sub contracts from bigger companies for a long time and many have been making bigger brand stuff for ages- All behind the scenes stuff and now making big.

Back