Sri Lanka A v Pakistan A |1st u/o ODI | Columbo | 20/9/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

hur rizvi

Senior Test Player
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Runs
25,135
Pakistan have won the toss and elected to bat first the teams are
PAKISTAN
Azhar ali
Umar amin
Ahmed shehzad
Khalid Latif
Faisal Iqbal*
,Fahad Iqbal
Sarfraz Ahmed†
Abdur Rehman
Fahad Masood
Mohammad Talha
Wahab Riaz
SRILANKA
JK Silva*†
ML Udawatte
WU Tharanga
J Mubarak
LPC Silva
RGMJM Rupasinghe
MF Maharoof
KS Lokuarachchi
NLTC Perera
UWMBCA Welegedara
SL Malinga
 
Last edited:
Pakistan are 84/2

Ahmed shehzad 46 not out(40) 7 fours 1 six
Khalid Latif 6 not out


Match delayed due to rain
 
Shehzad carrying us at the moment. Not too thrilled with the batting order. Khalid ''I'll keep getting selected no matter how much I suck'' Latif followed by the two Bhanjas is hardly a world class order.

Amazing that Ghani got overlooked. And where is Ghumman?
 
Sheikh said:
Shehzad carrying us at the moment. Not too thrilled with the batting order. Khalid ''I'll keep getting selected no matter how much I suck'' Latif followed by the two Bhanjas is hardly a world class order.

Amazing that Ghani got overlooked. And where is Ghumman?
Ghaini is the new Asim Kamal Krchi, left handed, middle order, held back by politics.
 
muhammad saad said:
Nice start sadly Azhar Ali proving to be a liability instead asset.
yeah not an odi material but seems the perfect guy who will see out the new ball 8/10
 
Amjid Javed said:
Any more updates?

It is still raining.

Ahmed Shehzad needs to be more consistent. He performs in one match and in next he flops. Typical youth, but he will learn InshaAllah if he is taken good care of.
 
Sheikh said:
Shehzad carrying us at the moment. Not too thrilled with the batting order. Khalid ''I'll keep getting selected no matter how much I suck'' Latif followed by the two Bhanjas is hardly a world class order.

Amazing that Ghani got overlooked. And where is Ghumman?

I think he's in Karachi at the moment attending the Emerging players Camp...
He was not even in the squad for the SL tour.
 
Pakistan 113/2 after 19.5 overs. Shehzad looking good.

Play has as mentioned by hur rizvy reduced to 32 overs. But what will SL A's target be, I mean what Pakistan make or a D/L target?
 
End of 20 overs. 118/2. Malinga and Maharoof are the only bowlers with economy rate of less than 6.
 
131/2 after 22. 10 overs to go. Another 100 runs will be good.
 
I dont rate Latif but he hs a killer OD record even did well in Aud during the odi's.
 
IAJ said:
It is still raining.

Ahmed Shehzad needs to be more consistent. He performs in one match and in next he flops. Typical youth, but he will learn InshaAllah if he is taken good care of.
played a match saving 59 then got a bad decision on 96 and now this what more you want from him.
 
Ahmed Shahzad got his 100, brillliant inning by the youngster.

Well played Shahzad, 100 off just 82 balls against a decent bowling attack.

Khalid Latif played well too, 54 off just 36 balls (they had partneship of 123 at rr of 8)

Pak A 200/3 off 28.3
 
A well made century by Ahmed Shehzad, 100 in 80+ balls, the score is 202/3 after 28.5 overs.
 
:aamir :umarakmal :ahmeds

three forces that will arry Pakistan in the next decade.
 
This is how Shahzad needs to play, he was always an agressive player, he took too much pressure against Australia and played quite slowly but it was kind of expected as he is really young but he is definitely talented and he is proving once again.

Pak A 206/3 after 29 overs at the rr of 7 so good batting by Pak A
 
Disco_Lemonade said:
can shehzad be selected for champions trophy???

If he is among those 30 named earlier, then he can be selected for CT.

Sarfraz gone, Pakistan 218/4 after 30.1 overs. Shehzad needs to take the strike.
 
Shezad to me from what ive seen seems more of a test player then ODIs/T20.

I think he should be looked at for test matches, only worry is he struggles against spin and needs to improve on that aspect.
 
Pakistan have got a pretty decent total here.
 
pakcricketfan said:
Nope. He wasn't named in the 30 probables for CT. :po:

That's our selectors, 2 bad T 20 innings and he wasn't even included in 30 probables list.
 
Are Talha and Rehman big hitters or was Bhanja just protecting himself and Bhanja junior from potentially getting out cheaply at the death?

(im asking this seriously about Talha and Rehman)
 
Looks like Allah SWTs Rehma' (rain) is back as the scorecard has freezed on 223/6 after 31+ overs.
 
Amjid Javed said:
Shezad to me from what ive seen seems more of a test player then ODIs/T20.

I think he should be looked at for test matches, only worry is he struggles against spin and needs to improve on that aspect.

Amjid are you following the game?

As I'm posting this he has a 122 from 93 deliveries.

Thats a proper ODI innings if ever I saw one.

The lad made a few run's in the test series with a few poor score's in between but considering he's 17 what he's done so far is impressive.


Shame the game's been reduced to only 32 over's. Bigger shame that Shehzad isn't in the CT probable's.
 
Waseem said:
That's our selectors, 2 bad T 20 innings and he wasn't even included in 30 probables list.

That's Wasim Bari for us.. He was the one who selected the 30 :po:
 
pakcricketfan said:
That's Wasim Bari for us.. He was the one who selected the 30 :po:

I hope the new selectors make some changes in those 30 as it was the previous selection team which picked those 30.
 
IAJ said:
I hope the new selectors make some changes in those 30 as it was the previous selection team which picked those 30.

As far as I know they are unable to. Although the selection comitee is in place they're first major role will be to select the sqaud for the Australia tour
 
Amjid Javed said:
Shezad to me from what ive seen seems more of a test player then ODIs/T20.

I think he should be looked at for test matches, only worry is he struggles against spin and needs to improve on that aspect.
I think he has been wrongly labelled as one, he has the shots, just needs more confidence which will come with experience. I would have him in the 50 over squads at least.
 
Juggernaut said:
As far as I know they are unable to. Although the selection comitee is in place they're first major role will be to select the sqaud for the Australia tour

There is allway room for changes, if they present solid reasons for replacing some players, then ICC wont reject those changes.
 
83/1 after 11.1 overs looks like an even start.

Sri Lanka RR 7.34 still requiring 7.68 an over
 
Wahab Riaz beeing taken to cleaners early on! 20 runs given away in 1.4 overs is too much. But he will bounce back InshaAllah.
 
IAJ said:
131/2 after 22. 10 overs to go. Another 100 runs will be good.

Lols they made 101 runs in those 10 overs.
 
Udawatte gone!

90/2 after 12.4 overs.
 
Ali888 said:
Wahab Riaz strikes

95/3

Required Rate now 8.16

Now we are seeing the Wahab Riaz we are used to.
Pakistan should win this match!
 
115/4 after 19 overs. Azhar ali bowling well here alongside Ahmed Shehzad.
125 runs req. in 13 overs.
 
Ahmed shehzad and Azhar ali bowling their leggies infact they r doing a pretty good job
*Ahmed Shehzad (lb) 2.3 0 8 0 3.20 (0nb, 1w)
Azhar Ali (lb) 1.0 0 3 1 3.00 (0nb, 0w)

Sri Lanka A 117/4 (19.3/32 ov)

Sri Lanka A require another 125 runs with 6 wickets and 12.3 overs remaining
 
123/5 after 20 overs. Ahmed shehzad gets a wicket.
 
Ahmed shehzad picks up a wicket Is he a good bowler like to know about his bowling abilities??
 
hur rizvi said:
Ahmed shehzad picks up a wicket Is he a good bowler like to know about his bowling abilities??

I saw him bowl during last U19 WC and he did bowl well along side Umar Akmal. Both are excellent prospects!
 
hur rizvi said:
Ahmed shehzad picks up a wicket Is he a good bowler like to know about his bowling abilities??

He can do a job for his team thats for sure.

Anyway Sri Lanka are 6 down. Pakistan A should win this.
 
Umer Akmal and Ahmed Shezad will inshallah be the next :yk :moyo
 
Last edited:
Remember that SLs target is 242 and not 233. That is coz of D/L method.
 
Xoib said:
Umer Akmal and Ahmed Shezad will inshallah be the next :yk :yusuf

But hopefully better bowlers than them.
 
Ahmed shehzad looks a nice bowler compared to yusuf but dont know about umar akmals bowling
 
Last edited:
am I the only fan of Azhar Ali here. I feel he's just the guy we need opening in test matches does not make big scores but most of the times he blunts the new ball.
 
Xoib said:
am I the only fan of Azhar Ali here. I feel he's just the guy we need opening in test matches does not make big scores but most of the times he blunts the new ball.

What makes you think you are the only fan of AA here? Many PPrs are fan of him.
 
Can anyone explain why Wahab Riaz doesn't take the new ball and comes so late in ODIS ? I certainly hope he isn't turning into a one dimensional bowler. Someone should help him with the new ball.
 
IAJ said:
What makes you think you are the only fan of AA here? Many PPrs are fan of him.
we have had threads on Afaq Rahim, Sheryar Ghani, Shazaib Hassan but nothing on this guy yet but to be fair he looks like one of those quite performers.
 
Xoib said:
am I the only fan of Azhar Ali here. I feel he's just the guy we need opening in test matches does not make big scores but most of the times he blunts the new ball.

he did make a couple of more than decent score's against Aus A

He got two 70 odds and I believe he was given out incorrectly once

He didn't do too well in the test matches in this tour

If he has a really good domestic season then who knows he might have a good chance of selection
 
Juggernaut said:
he did make a couple of more than decent score's against Aus A

He got two 70 odds and I believe he was given out incorrectly once

He didn't do too well in the test matches in this tour

If he has a really good domestic season then who knows he might have a good chance of selection
No he saved the first test with a 45 n.o in over 200 balls. Saw us through in the 2nd test with another n.o so not a failure by any means.
 
Sri Lankas nr. 8 and 9 have both List A averages of around 40. They bat really deep I must say.
 
muhammad saad said:
I will pick Ahmed Shehzad over Azhar Ali any day any format of the game.
last I remember both are opening slots are up for grab.
 
Xoib said:
No he saved the first test with a 45 n.o in over 200 balls. Saw us through in the 2nd test with another n.o so not a failure by any means.

Oh yeah sorry you're right about that.

I still think he needs to have a good domestic season.

The thing about Azhar is that he's also the right age in my opinion and even though Shehzad is probably more talented Azhar probably has the maturity to play test cricket right now
 
Azhar Ali is desperately needed in test......great temperament......Ahmed shehzad wont be bad either since both opening slots are up for grabs
 
wow Ahmed Shahzad possibly having the game of his life
 
Sri Lanka A require another 73 runs with 3 wickets and 35 balls remaining
 
Wassixpakistani said:
This is Ahmed's game all the way .

A century
A run-out
A wicket

He surely is a match winner should have been in the 30 member CT squad
 
Wahab riaz and Talha have gone for plenty having economy rates of nearly 9 an over
 
Just two more wickets needed now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top