SS Waves vs SS Premium

Obeid

Local Club Captain
Runs
Hi guys, so onlinestockist is having a sale for the SS Waves bat and SS Premium bat.

But, which one is "better"? - The bats are of similar profile I believe

SS Waves is listed as "Grade 3 English Willow, 8-12 grains" while SS Premium is listed as "Grade 2 English Willow, 8-10 grains"

The price difference is very minimal between the two bats, so not sure which to go for.

Pictures:

4641927.jpg

4845807.jpg

4845806.jpg

4845804.jpg

A PP member purchased an SS Premium earlier, I'll try to find those pictures

Both bats look very similar but if I had to pick one I would go for the SS Premium since it is Grade 2 willow instead of grade 3. How much are they going for?

I just checked the website and both bats are around £50. But the Waves is the grade 2 willow and the premium is the grade 3. So I would go for the waves.

ask what weights he has got in both- maybe pick one with better grains.

Both are going to be very similar bats anyways - shape is going to be 100% same. Matter of luck really.

so pick any based on what is available in both ranges - hope I am making sense.

i dont think there is a difference between both bats just the willow is different.

It was me who bought a premium.Try and buy the bat that has more grains. SS bats have similar shape across the range so you can rule the shape out. Mine had about 11 grains and played well.

Last edited:
SS premium is a better bat than SS wave. SS bats for most part goes in this order. Magnum, Power, Super Power, Custom, Waves, Premium, Orange, Sir Richards, Yuvi 2020, Ganguly, Heritage, 309 Rock, Ranger/Torpedo, Ton Professional, Limited Edition, KP 55 (Red), Big Ton 47, Matrix, Gladiator

There are some other ranges like KP Green, Purple etc, SS Dragon etc. Think Dragon is after Matrix.

SS premium is a better bat than SS wave. SS bats for most part goes in this order. Magnum, Power, Super Power, Custom, Waves, Premium, Orange, Sir Richards, Yuvi 2020, Ganguly, Heritage, 309 Rock, Ranger/Torpedo, Ton Professional, Limited Edition, KP 55 (Red), Big Ton 47, Matrix, Gladiator

There are some other ranges like KP Green, Purple etc, SS Dragon etc. Think Dragon is after Matrix.
Good knowledge of SS range you have dear, i must admit !!!

Good knowledge of SS range you have dear, i must admit !!!

yeah, SS have some pretty good lower end sticks like Magnum, power, super power. Pick up and sweet spot on the magnum was beyond my expectation for the price. You can barely see the grains on it though but its like equivalent to CA power bat in terms of price and what it should be used for. Bats like Premium, Orange are good club bats. Sir Richards, Yuvi a bit more increased club performance. From SS Ganguly range, that's where the good stuff starts, ping on them gets better and better.

yeah, SS have some pretty good lower end sticks like Magnum, power, super power. Pick up and sweet spot on the magnum was beyond my expectation for the price. You can barely see the grains on it though but its like equivalent to CA power bat in terms of price and what it should be used for. Bats like Premium, Orange are good club bats. Sir Richards, Yuvi a bit more increased club performance. From SS Ganguly range, that's where the good stuff starts, ping on them gets better and better.
I have one Ton Matrix which i purchased 8 years back, amazing ping on this bat, still in working condition although not using it anymore.

As you have very good idea about SS range, which is the best SS bat to you.

I have one Ton Matrix which i purchased 8 years back, amazing ping on this bat, still in working condition although not using it anymore.

As you have very good idea about SS range, which is the best SS bat to you.

SS Gladiator without a doubt. SS Matrix and SS Dragon are top bats too, along with KP55. Big Ton 47 now up there also, but only made in 2.13 - 2.14 lbs i think as it has 47mm edges.

SS Gladiator without a doubt. SS Matrix and SS Dragon are top bats too, along with KP55. Big Ton 47 now up there also, but only made in 2.13 - 2.14 lbs i think as it has 47mm edges.
Thanks bro for the info. If you get hold of any big ton 47 then pls share with us.

Back