Suggestion

allan2377

Debutant
Runs
Hello Everyone,

This is first time am starting a thread in this forum

I've been spending lotta time on the net and this forum especially to buy a bat, After going thru this forum... looking at beauties owned by few people( especially Coverdrive, Knightriders, Johng, CA_Gold) One has to be real lucky to own a bat and say mine is the best....... and there is no better place I could get suggestion to buy a bat... I have GM Hero Dxm 909( what I bought Last year) which is no good, n I lost hope in English Bats.

Always wanted to own SS or SG... but I checked out CA plus 10000 in one of the local shops here in NZ... Man it is beautiful.....

I've checked with few online traders for CA 12000 TRD and the best offer i have from legit trader is 214GBP...

CA Factory offered little less including postage...

Need Suggestion whether to buy from direct factory or online traders or wait for my friend to go PAkistan....

I've got few pics sent by one of the trader who offered 215GBP ...do i I go for it

5.jpg

4.jpg

Thank you everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone,

This is first time am starting a thread in this forum

I've been spending lotta time on the net and this forum especially to buy a bat, After going thru this forum... looking at beauties owned by few people( especially Coverdrive, Knightriders, Johng, CA_Gold) One has to be real lucky to own a bat and say mine is the best....... and there is no better place I could get suggestion to buy a bat... I have GM Hero Dxm 909( what I bought Last year) which is no good, n I lost hope in English Bats.

Always wanted to own SS or SG... but I checked out CA plus 10000 in one of the local shops here in NZ... Man it is beautiful.....

I've checked with few online traders for CA 12000 TRD and the best offer i have from legit trader is 214GBP...

CA Factory offered little less including postage...

Need Suggestion whether to buy from direct factory or online traders or wait for my friend to go PAkistan....

I've got few pics sent by one of the trader who offered 215GBP ...do i I go for it

Thank you everyone

Hey Allan,

Hope you're well!

I hope there are many more threads to come and this is not first and last thread :)

FIrst of all, let me beware you that SempreSami will be after you :))

Do you mind if I ask who did you get this price from? I am assuming you live outside so does that price includes postage to your doorstep?

Personally I would say best thing is to hand select a bat yourself.

Where is your friend going in Pakistan? Will he go to Sialkot to pick your bat?

Hey Allan,

Hope you're well!

I hope there are many more threads to come and this is not first and last thread :)

FIrst of all, let me beware you that SempreSami will be after you :))

Do you mind if I ask who did you get this price from? I am assuming you live outside so does that price includes postage to your doorstep?

Personally I would say best thing is to hand select a bat yourself.

Where is your friend going in Pakistan? Will he go to Sialkot to pick your bat?

Thanks CD, I've got this price from Cricmall includes postage, I was about to buy this... then we had a earthquake here:31:... so have dropped the plans(for the time being)....

But again TRD makes me to buy it.... I am not confident in hand-selecting bat :79:... I am going to India in August so had thot of buying RNS Unik or SG King Cobra, or SS Dragon T20 :66: ..... However after seeing all those TRD's here:75: I would rate TRD much higher....

My Mate is going to Lahore and Karachi in August .... he said he can it get it for me... Wish he goes to Sialkot......:74:

Ah okay many thanks for all of the info, I hope all is well with you and wour family after earthquake.

I have seen quite a few TRDs and yaar believe me they are impressive piece of willow.

Basically hand selecting bat is choosing and picking up the one which feels best in your hands and with which you think you will be most comfortable.

Personally I would recommend you to get it via your friend because with Cricmall there are chances that you might get hit by customs, however, if you friend brings it over for you then it would be cheaper route for you.

There are many fakes in Pakistan as well so as long your friend can get you proper legit TRD then you're all set!

Ah okay would you mind posting pictures of the stuff you get from Indai?

Thanks CD bhai... I'll definitely post pics once i get stuff.... Would u be able to elaborate on Customs....???(sorry for being so needy) Coz I havent had experience buying stuff online... here in Christchurch NZ CA 10000 is $499......it is way to expensive than TRD online.

Do u know any sports store who sells Authentic stuff in lahore and karachi ???

So I can let my mate know.....

Yeah if my friend gets me the TRD from Pakistan.... I'll have some of my finances left to get another bat from from India :) I will be purchasing stuff(whole Kit) from India in August ....

Let me know if you need anything....

First of all, I thank you for your kindness and offer, I was touched, thanks a ton bro!

Arre bhai ask anything you wish yaar :)

Customs/import duty is that when Cricmall will ship a bat to you then when it comes inNew Zealand then the Border Service agency would charge you tax on that itm, so that is basically how customs would work.

Woow $499 is too expensive and it is stupidness to buy a bat from there if you can get it cheaper online or from a friend who will be going to Pakistan.

See that is good the cheaper it is better it will be for you because you would be able to buy more stuff. What pads/gloves are you thinking of getting from India if you don't mind me asking?

In Lahore I would recommend Millat Sports while in Karachi I'd recommend UT Sports. I haven't been to either shop but I have seen/owned there stuff and believe me its top notch stuff!

All good bhai... Thanks a lot for the info bro... would you know them personally ?? may be I can ask my friend to mention your name... not to get good price.... but to get the quality...

Soft am looking at SG coz I beleive they are best wen it comes softs... however lets see how it goes....

Am feeling so welcomed after reading : "First of all, I thank you for your kindness and offer, I was touched, thanks a ton bro!

Arre bhai ask anything you wish yaar "

Big Thanks for making me feel so good.... But again let me know if at all u need anything... I go only in August....

Take it from me that TRD is a stunning bat - the balance is exceptional and the middle just pings like a train. Only slight criticism is that toe is weak (mine has incurred some small dents despite a lot of knocking in) but otherwise a great bat.

All good bhai... Thanks a lot for the info bro... would you know them personally ?? may be I can ask my friend to mention your name... not to get good price.... but to get the quality...

Soft am looking at SG coz I beleive they are best wen it comes softs... however lets see how it goes....

Am feeling so welcomed after reading : "First of all, I thank you for your kindness and offer, I was touched, thanks a ton bro!

Arre bhai ask anything you wish yaar "

Big Thanks for making me feel so good.... But again let me know if at all u need anything... I go only in August....

No worries bro, no need to thank I'm glad I can be of any help for you :)

I am from Lahore but unfortunately I have never been to Millat Sports either as no one takes me there but from what I have heard and seen they have top notch stuff and they are very reliable.

Whereas UT Sports, I have had 3/4 bats from them and each and every bat was/is top quality bat.

So I haven't been to either of these shops so I don't know them personally but one thing is for sure both will have top quality stuff and you don't need to worry :)

Sorry bro I wish I could help you in that.

Arre yaar don't worry if anything comes in my mind I will for sure let you know :)

Has anyone bought bats from Direct CA factory ??? They sent me a quote for $330 USD including postage... I asked them do they send me pics in advance..... they got back to me saying pay first and they will make the bat to my requirements.,

Wats ya take on this ???

$330 is a bit steep, maybe that is becuase you are in New Zealand, hence, high prices.

I understand why they are asking for payment first because a lot of people ask for pictures and later disappear.

I think someone here did deal with CA directly and they had good experience.

I got a quote from the CA factory for the TRD for US $265 + US $50 for postage. I thought that was too steep but the online retailers sell the same bat here for $380

I didn't purchase the bat from them yet. I am waiting for someone to travel from Pakistan and I'll ask them to bring it. Costs too much extra to order directly from factory and its not like they are giving too much discount to counter the other extra charges. I was told that you can get the same price in a local cricket shop in Karachi. The only thing would be that you would receive a genuine bat from the factory but you can be deceived by a local shop. But $120-$130 for that is way too much.

I've noticed your from New Zealand. have you looked into sourcing a CA bats from Australia? As there a couple of places that sell CA bats. Whether they have some in stock is another question

Last edited:
I've noticed your from New Zealand. have you looked into sourcing a CA bats from Australia? As there a couple of places that sell CA bats. Whether they have some in stock is another question

Oh nice.... any websites ???

http://www.tjsports.com.au/CA.html

This guy seems to have better prices than the one above. His got a CA Plus 12000 Le for $400aud. You'd have to email him to see if he ships overseas. I wouldn't think sending to New Zealand would be overly difficult so I reckon your chances would be good. Was close to buying a Bubber Sher of the site below but found one at a slightly better price on ebay.

http://www.simply4cricket.com.au/

I've also found a CA plus 10000 on ebay for $240 aud but it does not state if he sells outside Australia
Best of luck of finding a good one

http://www.tjsports.com.au/CA.html

This guy seems to have better prices than the one above. His got a CA Plus 12000 Le for $400aud. You'd have to email him to see if he ships overseas. I wouldn't think sending to New Zealand would be overly difficult so I reckon your chances would be good. Was close to buying a Bubber Sher of the site below but found one at a slightly better price on ebay.

http://www.simply4cricket.com.au/

I've also found a CA plus 10000 on ebay for $240 aud but it does not state if he sells outside Australia
Best of luck of finding a good one

Thanks man... Will check that up....

has anyone seen or used the TRD on right.....??? any idea wats the difference between these two????

Which one would you guys go for ???

TRD-1.jpg
[/IMG]

If there is no price difference between the 2, then I would go for the Special Edition, however if the Special Edition is more expensive then the standard one then just go for the standard one.

Hope that made sense.

If there is no price difference between the 2, then I would go for the Special Edition, however if the Special Edition is more expensive then the standard one then just go for the standard one.

Hope that made sense.

It did... however would you know the difference ???

I would prefer the Special Edition to be honest, just because the grains are straighter and there are more of them. Just my opinion though.

TRD special edition ??

Now there is a special edition of a special edition bat!! wat the!!

Its just one grade 1 piece of willow- the greed of the companies knows no bound!!

I remember a time when I had a CA 10K which was a top grade bat (grade 1 with top grains)

now 10k, 10k LE, 12K, 12K LE, 12000 TRD, 12000 TRD SE!

and its all MEANT TO BE SAME Grade 1 EW!!

Last edited:
Now there is a special edition of a special edition bat!! wat the!!

Its just one grade 1 piece of willow- the greed of the companies knows no bound!!

I remember a time when I had a CA 10K which was a top grade bat (grade 1 with top grains)

now 10k, 10k LE, 12K, 12K LE, 12000 TRD, 12000 TRD SE!

and its all MEANT TO BE SAME Grade 1 EW!!

And the stupidest thing is, that all the bats have more or less the same shape.:ibutt

And the stupidest thing is, that all the bats have more or less the same shape.:ibutt

so far everyone's been happy with TRD..... no matter the shape....:yk

as CD bhai says you cant go wrong with TRD.....:moyo

I cant wait to get mine sooon.....:D

Trd

see this bat how are its grains straightness
what edition you assign it.

04062011265.jpg

04062011269-1.jpg

04062011268.jpg

Last edited:
^ I'd say that should be a TRD LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Edition LOL

That bat should be only used by the best of the best. :sachin

Back