Australian police shoot armed teenager after stabbing attack that that had "hallmarks" of terror [Post Updated #82]

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
An armed man has been arrested in central Sydney after stabbing a woman and being detained on the street by members of the public, authorities say.

Police said the man also attempted to carry out further stabbings and that there were "multiple crime scenes".

"Those attempts thankfully were unsuccessful," said Supt Gavin Wood of New South Wales Police.

The injured woman was taken to hospital in a stable condition. Police said there was no ongoing threat.

The motivation for the attack was not yet known, they added.

"It would appear at this stage it is unprovoked, but we are keeping a very open mind as we move forward," said Supt Wood.

The incident unfolded at about 14:00 local time (04:00 GMT) on Tuesday near Clarence St and King St, a busy area in the city centre.

Videos posted online show a man running through the streets brandishing a knife, before people attempt to stop him and eventually tackle him to the ground.

Other images show the suspect being pinned down with a chair and a milk crate, then being taken away by police.

Supt Wood said the injured woman had been found inside a nearby hotel.

He praised those who had intervened in the "extremely dangerous and hostile" situation, saying their actions had helped capture the man.

"They were significantly brave people," Supt Wood said.

Authorities urged people to avoid the area. Police said they would release more information as it became available.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-49327241

An armed man has been arrested after stabbing a woman in central Sydney and being detained on the street by members of the public.

A second woman was found dead inside an apartment building on the same street.

"All the information we have at hand would link these two crimes," police commissioner Mick Fuller said at a press conference.

He said the suspect was a "lone actor" with a history of mental health issues.

He was known to police but "his history was unremarkable compared to the gravity of the crimes he committed", Mr Fuller said.

The police commissioner said the suspect had some ideologies related to terrorism, but had no apparent links to other terrorist organisations.

It is believed the man had a USB drive containing details of mass killings in New Zealand and the United States.

Mr Fuller said the stabbing is not currently being classed as a terrorist incident but this would be reassessed as the investigation continues.

Three "heroes" were praised by New South Wales Police Minister David Elliot for their role in detaining the man and acting "well and truly beyond the call of any citizen". He also congratulated the firefighters involved.

What happened?
The incident unfolded at about 14:00 local time (04:00 GMT) on Tuesday near Clarence St and King St, a busy area in the city centre.

Video footage shows the suspect jumping on a car wielding a knife, shouting "Allahu Akbar" and "shoot me", as another man confronts him with a wicker chair.

Police said the suspect had stabbed a 41-year-old woman in the back before being restrained by three members of the public.

They "placed him essentially under arrest, even though he was branching a large butchers knife and was clearly dangerous".

Emergency services arrived shortly after and following a wider investigation, the body of a 21-year-old woman was found nearby.

The injured woman was taken to hospital in a stable condition. Police said there was no ongoing threat.

'Completely fearless'
"He was fearless. He was completely fearless," said the taxi driver whose car was jumped on by the man.

"I froze for probably a split second but then I thought I'm hoping that he's not covered in any explosives or anything," he told Nine News Sydney. The Uber driver then quickly accelerated to force the man off his car.

One witness said she saw the man jump on a car before he was confronted by people on the street who tried to fight him with chairs and pipes.

"The guy had blood on his shirt. He was screaming, holding a knife on his hand, and running up a car just in front of us," Japanese tourist Aya Yamada told the BBC.

"Another guy with a chair and some firefighters were chasing him. I was in the car with my husband and friends, and could run away immediately."

Videos posted online show a man running through the streets brandishing a knife, before people attempt to stop him and eventually tackle him to the ground.

Other images show the suspect being pinned down with a chair and a milk crate, then being taken away by police.

'Significantly brave'
Supt Wood praised those who had intervened in the "extremely dangerous and hostile" situation, saying their actions had helped capture the man.

Three British men were among those who helped take the man down, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.

Lee Cuthbert, Paul O'Shaughnessy and Luke O'Shaughnessy, all from Manchester, were working nearby when they heard the commotion outside and ran out to help.

"You don't think, you just kind of react really. It was surreal, very, very surreal," said Mr Cuthbert.

"We all kind of chased, worked together, but it was Luke who was the real hero. He pursued him the hardest and managed to get a grip of him."

Authorities have urged people to avoid the area.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison tweeted that the "violent attack" was "deeply concerning" but praised the "brave actions" of those who restrained the suspect.

An armed man has been arrested after stabbing a woman in central Sydney and being detained on the street by members of the public.

A second woman was found dead inside an apartment building on the same street.

"All the information we have at hand would link these two crimes," police commissioner Mick Fuller said at a press conference.

He said the suspect was a "lone actor" with a history of mental health issues.

He was known to police but "his history was unremarkable compared to the gravity of the crimes he committed", Mr Fuller said.

The police commissioner said the suspect had some ideologies related to terrorism, but had no apparent links to other terrorist organisations.

It is believed the man had a USB drive containing details of mass killings in New Zealand and the United States.

Mr Fuller said the stabbing is not currently being classed as a terrorist incident but this would be reassessed as the investigation continues.

Three "heroes" were praised by New South Wales Police Minister David Elliot for their role in detaining the man and acting "well and truly beyond the call of any citizen". He also congratulated the firefighters involved.

What happened?

Video footage shows the suspect jumping on a car wielding a knife, shouting "Allahu Akbar" and "shoot me", as another man confronts him with a wicker chair.

Police said the suspect had stabbed a 41-year-old woman in the back before being restrained by three members of the public.

They "placed him essentially under arrest, even though he was branching a large butchers knife and was clearly dangerous".

Emergency services arrived shortly after and following a wider investigation, the body of a 21-year-old woman was found nearby.

'Completely fearless'
"He was fearless. He was completely fearless," said the taxi driver whose car was jumped on by the man.

"I froze for probably a split second but then I thought I'm hoping that he's not covered in any explosives or anything," he told Nine News Sydney. The Uber driver then quickly accelerated to force the man off his car.

One witness said she saw the man jump on a car before he was confronted by people on the street who tried to fight him with chairs and pipes.

"The guy had blood on his shirt. He was screaming, holding a knife on his hand, and running up a car just in front of us," Japanese tourist Aya Yamada told the BBC.

"Another guy with a chair and some firefighters were chasing him. I was in the car with my husband and friends, and could run away immediately."

'Significantly brave'
Supt Wood praised those who had intervened in the "extremely dangerous and hostile" situation, saying their actions had helped capture the man.

Three British men were among those who helped take the man down, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.

Lee Cuthbert, Paul O'Shaughnessy and Luke O'Shaughnessy, all from Manchester, were working nearby when they heard the commotion outside and ran out to help.

"You don't think, you just kind of react really. It was surreal, very, very surreal," said Mr Cuthbert.

"We all kind of chased, worked together, but it was Luke who was the real hero. He pursued him the hardest and managed to get a grip of him."

Authorities have urged people to avoid the area.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison tweeted that the "violent attack" was "deeply concerning" but praised the "brave actions" of those who restrained the suspect.

I've come to the conclusion that he's a terrorist

Hope not. Would be a deranged person and that's it.

Sydney -- Australian police said a knife-wielding man yelling "Allahu akbar," or "God is great," attempted to stab several people in downtown Sydney on Tuesday before being arrested. At least one woman was brought to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after the attack, and another was found dead in a nearby residence.

Police said later that "all the evidence points to" a man with mental health issues lashing out, but they would not rule out any potential motives as the investigation was still at an early stage. Given the information they had, they said the incident was not being classed as terrorism and that the suspect was believed to have acted alone.

Witnesses said the man, wielding a long knife, tried to stab multiple people near a busy intersection. New South Wales state police said in a statement that the man was caught and the woman was in stable condition.

Not far away, the body of a woman, an acquaintance of the detained suspect and of a similar age to the 21-year-old suspect, was found in a home.

A witness told reporters the man screamed comments about religion before yelling to police that he wanted to be shot. Police said he used the Arabic phrase "Allahu akbar." However, police later said the man also had in his possession a thumbnail USB drive containing information related to recent mass shooting attacks carried out by white supremacists.

Asked by a reporter whether the conflicting religious references suggested to him a mental health problem at the root of the crime, New South Wales Police Commissioner Michael Fuller said, "certainly all the evidence points to that" at this stage.

The incident brought the central business district of Australia's biggest city to an early afternoon standstill.

Videos posted on social media showed several members of the public, including tourists from England, chasing the armed man through the streets and eventually pinning him to the ground with chairs and a milk crate. They held him in place until police officers arrived and took him into custody.

The violent attack that took place in Sydney this afternoon is deeply concerning. The attacker is now in police custody following the brave actions of those who were present at the scene and were able to able to restrain him.

Reuters quotes Police Superintendent Gavin Wood as telling reporters in Sydney the woman was stabbed in the back but her wounds weren't life-threatening and that the attack on her seemed to be unprovoked.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sydney...yelling-god-is-great-arabic-today-2019-08-13/

Not being treated as a terror attack seems the guy had escaped from mental hospital. Reports suggest he converted a while back but mental health is the trigger it seems.

Yet another pathetic loser :facepalm:

Should be locked in jail for the rest of his useless existence.

He's lucky people didn't hit him to death. Terrorist ****.

Sydney knife attacker shot dead after killing 6 in Bondi mall​

An attacker who fatally knifed six people in a Sydney mall was shot dead by police in the beachside suburb of Bondi on Saturday, police said, as hundreds fled the scene.

The assailant was shot by a police officer after he attacked shoppers in the busy Westfield Bondi Junction shopping centre, police said in a statement.

Five of the six victims killed were women, while eight people, including a nine-month-old baby, were taken to hospital with stab wounds, New South Wales Police Commissioner Karen Webb told a press conference.

Police at this stage do not believe the attack was terrorism-related, Webb said.

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said there was no indication yet of the man's motive.

"This was a horrific act of violence, indiscriminately targeting innocent people going about an ordinary Saturday doing their shopping," he told a press conference.

"Tonight the first thoughts of all Australians are with the victims of these terrible acts."

Australia has some of the world's toughest gun and knife laws, and attacks such as the one on Saturday are rare.

Emergency services were called to the mall, about three kilometres (1.9 miles) from Sydney's iconic Bondi Beach and popular with children and families, just before 4 p.m. (0600 GMT) after the stabbing reports, police said.

Ayush Singh, 25, was working in a cafe in the mall when he saw the attack and then heard gunshots as police responded.

"I saw the guy with the knife running and chasing people. As he walked just past beside me I heard two or three gunshots and the guy was neutralised," he told Reuters.

"People around me were terrified. There were some old ladies I helped to get them inside a safe place inside the cafe."
Two other witnesses told Reuters they heard shots.

"Even 20 minutes after people were rushed out of the mall, I saw SWAT teams of people sweeping the surrounding streets," one witness said.

No one should ever face terrorism of such religious fanatics. Few are of clips were heart wrenching.

An attacker who fatally knifed six people in a Sydney mall was shot dead by police in the beachside suburb of Bondi on Saturday, police said, as hundreds fled the scene.

The assailant was shot by a police officer after he attacked shoppers in the busy Westfield Bondi Junction shopping centre, police said in a statement.

Five of the six victims killed were women, while eight people, including a nine-month-old baby, were taken to hospital with stab wounds, New South Wales Police Commissioner Karen Webb told a press conference.

Police at this stage do not believe the attack was terrorism-related, Webb said.

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said there was no indication yet of the man's motive.

"This was a horrific act of violence, indiscriminately targeting innocent people going about an ordinary Saturday doing their shopping," he told a press conference.

"Tonight the first thoughts of all Australians are with the victims of these terrible acts."

Australia has some of the world's toughest gun and knife laws, and attacks such as the one on Saturday are rare.

Emergency services were called to the mall, about three kilometres (1.9 miles) from Sydney's iconic Bondi Beach and popular with children and families, just before 4 p.m. (0600 GMT) after the stabbing reports, police said.

Ayush Singh, 25, was working in a cafe in the mall when he saw the attack and then heard gunshots as police responded.

"I saw the guy with the knife running and chasing people. As he walked just past beside me I heard two or three gunshots and the guy was neutralised," he told Reuters.

"People around me were terrified. There were some old ladies I helped to get them inside a safe place inside the cafe."

"Even 20 minutes after people were rushed out of the mall, I saw SWAT teams of people sweeping the surrounding streets," one witness said.

so unfortunate , when will we value & cherish all life :(

No one should ever face terrorism of such religious fanatics. Few are of clips were heart wrenching.
Why are you spreading misinformation? Has the police yet said that we was religiously motivated? He may well but let's wait for official information before we spread misinformation.

Why are you spreading misinformation? Has the police yet said that we was religiously motivated? He may well but let's wait for official information before we spread misinformation.
Ask @MenInG bro not to spread misinfo then

Or you should first read what's being posted
Sydney -- Australian police said a knife-wielding man yelling "Allahu akbar," or "God is great," attempted to stab several people in downtown Sydney on Tuesday before being arrested. At least one woman was brought to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after the attack, and another was found dead in a nearby residence

Are you saying shoting "Allahu Akbar" and killing innocent people is not religious fanatism?

Ask @MenInG bro not to spread misinfo then

Or you should first read what's being posted

Are you saying shoting "Allahu Akbar" and killing innocent people is not religious fanatism?
He is talking about the recent story, the below one

Not every time there is a muslim involved. Remember New Zealand mosque shooting? Was he a Muslim. People should really understand that a True Muslim will never endorse such stuff. This is not ISLAM.

A knife-wielding man who killed six people in a Sydney shopping centre before being shot dead has been identified by Australian police.

Joel Cauchi, 40, sent the crowded Westfield Bondi Junction complex into panic on Saturday when he began stabbing people with a long blade.

Five women and a man died. Several others, including a baby, were injured.

Authorities said the attack was most likely "related to the mental health" of Mr Cauchi.

Asked whether she believes he was targeting women, New South Wales Police Commissioner Karen Webb told reporters on Sunday it would be "an obvious line of inquiry".

But she added she would not describe the stabbings as an "act of terror", reiterating that police believed there was "no ideological motivation".

Mr Cauchi was previously known to police but had never been arrested or charged in his home state Queensland. He had lived itinerantly for several years and was first diagnosed with a mental illness at 17, Queensland Police said.

Initial searches of a small storage unit he owned in Sydney had not shed light on a possible motive, NSW Police said.

Authorities said they were still trying to notify families of the victims, noting two appeared to have no relatives in Australia.

But the family of Ashlee Good - the injured baby's mother - say she was among those killed. Witnesses have told local media that Ms Good desperately passed the infant to bystanders in the moments after she was wounded.

"The mum got stabbed and the mum came over with the baby and threw it at me and (I) was holding the baby," one man told Nine News.

The nine-month-old girl "had surgery overnight and is currently in a critical condition and is in ICU," Health Minister Ryan Park told ABC news.

"Now, we certainly are hoping that she gets through this but there is a long way to go."

Ms Good's family said they were "reeling from the terrible loss of Ashlee, a beautiful mother, daughter, sister, partner, friend, all-round outstanding human and so much more".

"We appreciate the well-wishes and thoughts of members of the Australian public who have expressed an outpouring of love for Ashlee and our baby girl," the family said in a statement on Sunday.

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said Australians were "waking up to try to deal with the shock and trauma" of what had happened.

Describing the attack as "unspeakable and really just beyond comprehension", Mr Albanese again praised the actions of a lone senior policewoman who confronted Mr Cauchi and shot him dead as horror gripped the mall.

"The wonderful inspector who ran into danger by herself and removed the threat that was there to others, without thinking about the risks to herself," the prime minister said, thanking her and emergency teams.

Police identified her on Sunday as Inspector Amy Scott, adding she had no current plans to speak publicly about the incident.

Others have also been heralded for their bravery - including a man clutching a bollard who was filmed staring down Mr Cauchi on an escalator.

Authorities said nine people had been taken to hospital after the stabbings, and another three people had sought medical attention overnight. About 40 paramedics were initially involved in the response.

The shopping centre in Sydney's affluent east remained closed on Sunday and forensic investigators pored over the scene.

By mid-afternoon several hundred bouquets of flowers had been placed close to the entrance, on Oxford St.

Many of those leaving tributes walked away in tears. Several volunteers in bright green vests marked "mental health" have been on hand to speak to anyone feeling they need support.

Among those laying flowers was Yvonne Russell, who has lived in the area for 35 years. "I'm shocked," she tells the BBC. It's very confronting and trying to process it. This is our backyard. We work Monday to Friday then go shopping on Saturday, so it could easily have been us."

Many world leaders have also expressed shock. New Zealand leader Christopher Luxon said all New Zealanders were thinking of those affected, while UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said they were "in the thoughts and prayers of the British people".

Pope Francis said he was deeply saddened by the "senseless tragedy" and offered prayers. King Charles added he and Queen Camilla were "utterly shocked" and "our hearts go out to the families and loved ones".

The evil individual has been identified. With the authorities concluding he had mental health issues. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faraz Tahir: Security guard killed in Westfield Bondi Junction stabbing massacre identified​

A security guard killed in the stabbing horror at Westfield Bondi Junction is the fourth victim to be identified.

Joel Cauchi, 40, fatally stabbed six people and injured at least 12 more in a violent rampage at the busy shopping centre on Saturday afternoon.

Six people were killed in the attack and several others were injured.

Faraz Tahir, aged 30, tragically lost his life while serving the public as a Westfield security guard during this attack. He was a refugee from Pakistan.

Daily Mail Australia understands it was his first week on the job.

'He sought refuge in Australia just a year ago, fleeing persecution in his home country of Pakistan,' a statement from the The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community said.

'Our thoughts and prayers are with Faraz's family and loved ones during this difficult time, as well as with all the other victims and their families affected by this senseless act of violence.

'We extend our deepest condolences and stand in solidarity with the broader community as we come together to support one another in the face of tragedy.'

Five women were also tragically killed in the attack.

Jade Young, from Bellevue Hill in Sydney's east, was among those who died.

Ms Young worked for a Double Bay architectural firm and was a popular member of the Bronte Surf Club.

'This is and will be a difficult time for the community, and we encourage you to seek support from family, friends, fellow club members or to speak to your GP to assist you in processing this tragedy,' the club said in a statement.

'We are here to support the community, and our heartfelt condolences go out to everyone affected.'

Mother-of-one, Ashlee Good, died at St Vincent's hospital on Saturday night, after defending her baby daughter from the knife-wielding man.

Dr Good's nine-month-old daughter was stabbed in the attack and is in a critical but stable condition at Sydney Children's Hospital.

Dr Good, the daughter of former North Melbourne AFL player and board member Kerry Good, was remembered by her family as a 'beautiful mother, daughter, sister, partner, friend' and an 'all-round outstanding human'.

Dawn Singleton, daughter of multi-millionaire businessman John Singleton, also lost her life.

The 25-year-old, who posted her fiance's proposal on social media in July, worked for Sydney-based fashion label White Fox Boutique.

Two of the six victims were from overseas and have no family in Australia.

At least 12 others, including nine women, two men and Dr Good's daughter, were hospitalised after suffering stab wounds in the attack.

NSW Premier Chris Minns said many people ran 'towards danger' including Inspector Amy Scott, who shot Cauchi dead at the scene.

'To the ordinary members of the public that cornered and confronted a murderer in the Westfield shopping centre, showing what I would call instinctive bravery under terrible circumstances,' he said.

'And of course Inspector Amy Scott, who ran towards danger and showed professionalism and bravery and without a shadow of a doubt, saved many, many lives in the last 24 hours.

'We're very, very grateful for the men and women that stood up in Bondi Junction.'

NSW Police Commissioner Karen Webb echoed Mr Minns' sentiment and commended the state's first responders for their efforts.

'My thoughts go out to those people that were in the shopping centre, and as the premier has said, showed a great deal of courage yesterday,' she said.

'But also to the emergency services and of course, the police officers who responded to this very traumatic thing.'

NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Anthony Cooke said Cauchi was known to authorities in his home state.

'We have received no evidence that we have recovered, no intelligence that we have gathered that would suggest that this was driven by any particular motivation, ideology or otherwise,' he told reporters on Sunday.

'We know that the offender in the matter suffered from mental health.'

Sydney rocked by second stabbing in days as priest and worshippers targeted at church​

Four people, including a priest, have reportedly been attacked inside a church in Sydney in the second stabbing incident to hit the Australian city in a matter of days.

The incident happened at Christ The Good Shepherd Church in Wakeley at around 7.15pm local time (9.15am GMT).

Footage from the incident, broadcast live on the church’s YouTube page, appeared to show the church leader attacked by a man approaching the altar. Three worshippers were also hurt in the atack, it’s been reported.

New South Wales Police told SkyNews.com.au two people had been attacked, before New South Wales Ambulance stated the figure was four.

It comes just days after a stabbing rampage at Westfield Bondi Junction shopping centre in Sydney, killing six people.

A spokesperson for New South Wales Police said: “A police operation is underway in Wakeley, following reports of a stabbing.

“Officers attached to Fairfield City Police Area Command attended a location on Welcome Street, Wakeley following reports a number of people were stabbed. Officers arrested a male and he is assisting police with inquiries.

“The injured people suffered non-life threatening injuries and are being treated by New South Wales Ambulance paramedics. The community is urged to avoid the area.”

Flipping hell it's all happening in Sydney. Where the hell have all these crazies come from. Attacking a shopping centre and place of worship is the lowest that a human being can stoop to.

Police arrest man after reports of church stabbing in western Sydney​

Emergency services said four people are being treated for “non-life threatening injuries” after an apparent stabbing at a church service in Sydney on Monday.

The incident comes just two days after a knife rampage in an eastern Sydney shopping mall killed six people.

A live stream showed Monday’s gruesome attack, which took place during a service at an Assyrian church in the west of the city.

A man approached the altar, raised his right arm and slashed at the preacher with a knife, prompting panic and screams among the congregation.

A number of people appeared to rush to help.

The ambulance service told AFP that four men aged between 20 and 70 were being treated for injuries, including lacerations.

Local media said the incident occurred at the Christ the Good Shepherd Church.

Sydney church stabbing was a 'terrorist' attack, police say

Australian police have declared Monday's stabbing at a Sydney church a religiously motivated "terrorist act".

A 16-year-old boy was arrested after a bishop, a priest and churchgoers were attacked during mass at the Assyrian Christ The Good Shepherd Church.

At least four people suffered "non-life-threatening" injuries, police say. The attacker was also hurt.

The incident was captured on a church livestream and quickly triggered unrest in the suburb of Wakeley.

Australian police define terror offences as being ideologically motivated. Investigations are still under way, but they say they are satisfied this is a case of religious extremism.

Authorities have repeatedly declined to state the religion of the alleged attacker.

The church has named the priest as Father Isaac Royel and the bishop as Mar Mari Emmanuel. Ordained in 2011, Bishop Emmanuel is seen as a popular and controversial figure, and his sermons receive millions of views on social media.

When graphic videos of the attack - and the aftermath - spread like wildfire online on Monday night, they drew an angry crowd to the Assyrian Orthodox Church, which is about 35km south-west of the city centre.

There the crowd - hundreds of people reportedly seeking revenge - violently clashed with police, who were guarding the church where the attacker was being treated by paramedics.

Two officers were injured, one with a broken jaw after he was hit with a brick and fence palings, and 10 police cars destroyed. The violence similarly left paramedics fearing for their safety and "holed up" inside the church for more than three hours.

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has convened an emergency meeting of national security agencies, calling the attack "disturbing".

"We're a peace-loving nation... There's no place for violent extremism." Trying to quell further violence, he urged that people "not take the law into their own hands".

Speaking to media on Tuesday morning, New South Wales (NSW) Police Commissioner Karen Webb said the bishop and priest were undergoing surgery and were "lucky to be alive".

Ms Webb said the teenager allegedly made comments to the bishop as he approached, which were "centred around religion", and police believe staging the attack during a livestreamed service was intended to be "intimidating not only [to] the parishioners in attendance, but those parishioners who were watching online".

She said the suspect was acting alone, and while "known to police", he was not on any terror watch list.

State premier Chris Minns later confirmed reports that the teenager had previous knife crime charges and had been found with a blade at school in 2020, during an interview with 2GB radio.

The alleged offender has been in surgery after his fingers were injured, police said, adding it is unclear if he was hurt with his own weapon or when he was apprehended by the congregation.

The incident came only days after the nation was shocked by a separate and unrelated stabbing at a popular Sydney shopping centre, which left seven people dead.

"NSW is on edge and there's understandable community anxiety at the moment," said Mr Minns. He appealed for calm, echoing calls from religious and community leaders.

"Their message to their communities was universal and identical, and that is that they deplore violence in all forms, [and] that they have faith in the NSW Police to undertake their investigation," Mr Minns said.

Any attempt for "***-for-tat" violence would by "met by the full force of the law", he added.

A strike force has also been assembled to find those involved in the riot, Ms Webb said: "We will find you and we will come and arrest you."

The head of the NSW Ambulance also called the behaviour from crowds "outrageous".

"Our people, that do nothing but go to care and help every single day, need to know that they've got the support of the community," Dominic Morgan said.

The Wakeley neighbourhood is a hub for Sydney's small Christian Assyrian community, many of whom have fled persecution and war in Iraq and Syria.

Bishop Emmanuel is a prominent leader in that community, and is one of the "kindest, [most] authentic, genuine human beings", local MP Dai Le said.

However the bishop has had a turbulent relationship with the Assyrian Church, reportedly being suspended for disobeying canons and forming a breakaway church.

In 2021 he became a vocal opponent of Covid-19 restrictions, describing lockdowns in Australia as slavery and arguing that vaccines were futile.

BBC

I saw a few videos of priest Mari, he openly says barring Jesus all other religious figures and beliefs are false, he especially targets Islam.

It is horrific whats' happened to Mari by another muslim lunatic however Bari put himself in this spot, there are a lot of Lebanese muslims in Sydney so it was always going to be dangerous.

Police declare stabbing attack on Bishop Mari Mari Emmanuel a 'TERRORIST INCIDENT' .

Were they referring to the original attack by the 16 year old or the damage done by hundreds in revenge where "two officers were injured, one with a broken jaw after he was hit with a brick and fence palings, and 10 police cars destroyed. The violence similarly left paramedics fearing for their safety and "holed up" inside the church for more than three hours".

I saw a few videos of priest Mari, he openly says barring Jesus all other religious figures and beliefs are false, he especially targets Islam.

It is horrific whats' happened to Mari by another muslim lunatic however Bari put himself in this spot, there are a lot of Lebanese muslims in Sydney so it was always going to be dangerous.
its perfectly reasonable for a christian preacher to believe Prophet Muhammad (saw) is false.....otherwise he would be a Muslim.

Bari shouldn't be blamed at all.

Were they referring to the original attack by the 16 year old or the damage done by hundreds in revenge where "two officers were injured, one with a broken jaw after he was hit with a brick and fence palings, and 10 police cars destroyed. The violence similarly left paramedics fearing for their safety and "holed up" inside the church for more than three hours".
They are referring to the stabbing attack on the Bishop, as I have clearly mentioned in the post.

They are referring to the stabbing attack on the Bishop, as I have clearly mentioned in the post.

Yes I see you did, I think I was just shocked at the violent response which led to paramedics being holed up in the church for 3 hours fearing for their lives. Quite a shame these immigrants are bringing their violent tendencies to Australia after you would presume fleeing from it in their own countries.

I do not understand, if you cannot tolerate anyone saying anything against your religion, then why the hell do you come to foreign country and creates such nuisance. Stay in your country and in your safe zone then. That way you will not be bothered by anyone if you have such low tolerance. This only helps to raise Islamophobe agendas and nothing else.

I do not understand, if you cannot tolerate anyone saying anything against your religion, then why the hell do you come to foreign country and creates such nuisance. Stay in your country and in your safe zone then. That way you will not be bothered by anyone if you have such low tolerance. This only helps to raise Islamophobe agendas and nothing else.

This also needs to apply to the Christians who reacted violently injuring policemen, terrorising paramedics and destroying 10 police cars. If you move to a new land show some respect for authorities and let them do their job. If you prefer violence and chaos then stay in Syria or Lebanon, wherever you came from.

So, how can we say that these countries are safe to live?
because there is still law and order.

The justice system will decide the matter in court and its up to the lawyers to defend the case.

While in Pakistan, the whole issue is law and order. Crime exists everywhere, but the implementation of the law is what decides how safe the country is.

This also needs to apply to the Christians who reacted violently injuring policemen, terrorising paramedics and destroying 10 police cars. If you move to a new land show some respect for authorities and let them do their job. If you prefer violence and chaos then stay in Syria or Lebanon, wherever you came from.
I think the issue is, you can protest and do property damage in your own country. No one cares.

But if you go as an asylum seeker to a foreign land and then do crazy stuff just because your sentiments are hurt, then its better to stay put in your own country.

Flipping hell it's all happening in Sydney. Where the hell have all these crazies come from. Attacking a shopping centre and place of worship is the lowest that a human being can stoop to.

Why are such evil mindless killings in public so common in developed mainly western nations? Every day someone in the uk is randomly attacked in public .

Why are such evil mindless killings in public so common in developed mainly western nations? Every day someone in the uk is randomly attacked in public .
Unchecked immigration and failure to integrate. Most non-western nations are pretty homogenous.

I think the issue is, you can protest and do property damage in your own country. No one cares.

But if you go as an asylum seeker to a foreign land and then do crazy stuff just because your sentiments are hurt, then its better to stay put in your own country.

The Christians doing property damage were immigrants as far as I am aware. In any case even if it was local whites descended from British immigrants, it is wrong to say no one cares. You need to get out of third world thinking to understand how the first world operates.

Unchecked immigration and failure to integrate. Most non-western nations are pretty homogenous.

Most random acts of violence are by those whose forefathers have lived in the same land . Do you live in the west ?

Most random acts of violence are by those whose forefathers have lived in the same land . Do you live in the west ?
Yes.

You just have to see NYC and LA to see how badly the unchecked immigration has hurt their city. I am sure it is the same for cities like London or Paris in Europe.

Yes.

You just have to see NYC and LA to see how badly the unchecked immigration has hurt their city. I am sure it is the same for cities like London or Paris in Europe.

This is a deliberate move by democrats to get new voters .

Most of your school or mass shooting killers are not immigrants .

Syrians don’t Integrate easily having seen it first hand in Chicago and GTA having said that the stabbing makes no sense.

So you've left out the Fact Mari has spoken out against Isreal keeping the Gazans in poverty and hunger.

Bishop Mari visited Gaza last year. His video on the visit to Gaza has gone viral.

From what I have seen online the name of the attacker is Arshin Gorgis. That doesn't sound like a Muslim name.

BJP youth Wing should wait for facts to come out before blaming muslims.

You highlighting Maris not believing In our prophet doesn't make sense. That's part of his belief.

Yes.

All those countries are thriving first world powers. I don't know about USA which has built it's wealth on immigration, but I don't think UK can survive without it. Not as a world player anyway.

Yes.

Immigrants actually do all the undesirable work in US, from manual labor the Mexicans do to IT deskjobs by Indians.

There will obviously be some issues due to that, it cannot be a complete win situation for immigration.

US has better economic policies for immigration to make more impact to the economy than say Canada.

So you've left out the Fact Mari has spoken out against Isreal keeping the Gazans in poverty and hunger.

Bishop Mari visited Gaza last year. His video on the visit to Gaza has gone viral.

From what I have seen online the name of the attacker is Arshin Gorgis. That doesn't sound like a Muslim name.

BJP youth Wing should wait for facts to come out before blaming muslims.

You highlighting Maris not believing In our prophet doesn't make sense. That's part of his belief.

Attacker allegedly said if you didn't speak attack my prophet and my religion, I wouldn't be here in video below, we have seen this behavior before:

Well Mari definitely does not believe in prophet Muhammad, view below, he also said in another video the jesus in Islam is not the jesus in Christianity again rejecting the Islamic version:

You could be right, the attacker might not be muslim a very small possibility, the crowd was already yelling he was a muslim, let's hope he is not a muslim as muslims already have this bad name for harming people that spoke about their prophet Muhammad

Immigrants actually do all the undesirable work in US, from manual labor the Mexicans do to IT deskjobs by Indians.

There will obviously be some issues due to that, it cannot be a complete win situation for immigration.

US has better economic policies for immigration to make more impact to the economy than say Canada.
The US has been much better at integrating it's immigrants compared to the UK, the immigrants who go. to the US are more educated and wealthier and it find easier to become a part of mainstream american society

The US has been much better at integrating it's immigrants compared to the UK, the immigrants who go. to the US are more educated and wealthier and it find easier to become a part of mainstream american society
In all honesty even the uneducated immigrants have made their children be productive- educated in US than Canada/UK.

Unlike UK and Canada , Americans don’t have a chip on their shoulder.

In all honesty even the uneducated immigrants have made their children be productive- educated in US than Canada/UK.

Unlike UK and Canada , Americans don’t have a chip on their shoulder.
Americans pride themselves on being a country of immigrants, it's deeply rooted in their national dna.

Yes, there was a time when droves of uneducated European immigrants flooded the us and they and their kids became success stories.

Poor, uneducated immigrants do much better in the US than anywhere else

If this in Texas , this guy would've been committing such crimes with an assault rifle.

Sydney stabbings: Westfield Bondi Junction mall to reopen on Friday

The Sydney shopping centre that was the scene of a deadly stabbing attack will reopen to shoppers on Friday.

Six people were killed in the attack on Westfield Bondi Junction on Saturday. Two people remain in intensive care.

Security and police presence will be increased when the mall reopens, said Scentre Group, which operates Westfield malls in Australia and New Zealand.

The mall will open on Thursday for a "community reflection day" to allow people to pay their respects.

Counselling services will be made available on site.

"It is a day of remembrance and to pay our respects to what has happened here, and the victims of the tragedy that happened here," said Elliott Rusanow, chief executive officer of the Scentre Group.

"It is a recognition that things don't return back to normal immediately."

The Westfield Group will be tightening security across all of its malls, Mr Rusanow added, such as by having security guards wear enhanced protective clothing.

Some retailers will choose not to reopen on Friday, he said. "It will be their choice when they do so," he said.

He added that all the families of the victims had already been given the opportunity to visit the centre where their loved ones were killed and that some families had done so.

The victims of the attack were Pikria Darchia, 55; Ashlee Good, 38; Faraz Tahir, 30; Dawn Singleton, 25; Jade Young, 47; and Yixuan Cheng, who is believed to be in her 20s.

Attacker Joel Cauchi was shot dead by a police officer, Inspector Amy Scott, at the scene.

Twelve people, including Ms Good's baby girl, were taken to hospital for their injuries.

The attack has horrified Australia, where mass killings are rare.

Following the attack, the New South Wales government has announced a review into the weapons security guards in crowded places such as shopping centres and hospitals will be allowed to use.

BBC

Americans pride themselves on being a country of immigrants, it's deeply rooted in their national dna.

Yes, there was a time when droves of uneducated European immigrants flooded the us and they and their kids became success stories.

Poor, uneducated immigrants do much better in the US than anywhere else

Do they? Most of them seem to act as if the land always belonged to them and new immigrants are somehow stepping on their toes.

Do they? Most of them seem to act as if the land always belonged to them and new immigrants are somehow stepping on their toes.
I think only trump supporters and conservative americans from rural areas rail against immigration and even the most of them attack illegal immigrants. Moderates, liberals and urbanites all favour immigration.

No other countries politicians talk about the virtues of immigration as much as the american ones do

I think only trump supporters and conservative americans from rural areas rail against immigration and even the most of them attack illegal immigrants. Moderates, liberals and urbanites all favour immigration.

No other countries politicians talk about the virtues of immigration as much as the american ones do

Weren't most of the white settlers who form the majority of Americans illegal immigrants originally?

Weren't most of the white settlers who form the majority of Americans illegal immigrants originally?
They were, but now they seem to hate the mexican illegals ones because they are brown. A mix of hypocrisy and racism.

But the urban, young and college educated whites are very pro immigration

Sydney church stabbing: Australian bishop forgives alleged attacker

A bishop who was stabbed at a Sydney church on Monday has said he is "recovering quickly" and forgives his alleged attacker.

In an audio message, Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel also called for the community to remain calm.

Police say the attack, which was livestreamed and injured four people, was a religiously motivated terror act.

It sparked a riot outside The Good Shepherd Church, where angry supporters of the bishop had gathered.

A 16-year-old boy - who was also injured - has been arrested over the incident, but has not been charged with any offence. Authorities have repeatedly declined to state the suspected beliefs of the boy.

Earlier this week, Australian Security Intelligence Organisation boss Mike Burgess said authorities were investigating videos that allegedly captured the suspect yelling in Arabic and referencing "the Prophet".

In Bishop Emmanuel's four-minute clip, released by the church on social media on Thursday, he says he forgives "whoever has done this act".

"And I will always pray for you. And whoever sent you to do this, I forgive them as well in Jesus's mighty name," he said.

He added that he was "doing fine" and "there is no need to be worried or concerned".

New South Wales Police have previously said the cleric is "lucky to be alive" after the stabbing, which occurred while he was saying mass at the Assyrian Orthodox Church, which is about 35km south-west of the city centre.

When graphic videos of the attack - and the aftermath - spread rapidly online on Monday night, they drew hundreds of people to church. There, violent unrest left two police officers injured, 10 police cars destroyed, and paramedics fearing for their safety.

Police have promised those involved will be tracked down and charged. They made their first arrest, a 19-year-old man, on Wednesday night.

With tensions running high, authorities and community leaders have been concerned about further "***-for-tat" violence.

Bishop Emmanuel also used his public message to urge his supporters to cooperate with police.

"I need you to act Christ-like. The Lord Jesus never taught us to fight. The Lord Jesus never taught us to retaliate."

SOURCE: BBC

Australia’s prime minister said on Thursday he will consider granting citizenship to a Pakistani security guard wounded in the deadly Sydney shopping centre knife attack.

The guard, Muhammad Taha, reportedly said he believed he “deserved recognition and consideration for citizenship” after being stabbed.

In a bedside interview with The Australian, Taha said he was attacked just after fellow Pakistani security guard Faraz Tahir, one of the six people killed at the Westfield shopping complex in Bondi Junction.

Taha has a graduate visa due to expire in less than a month, the paper said.

The guard reportedly noted that Frenchman Damien Guerot, since dubbed “bollard man”, had been offered permanent residency after a video shared on social media showed him using a bollard to fend off the attacker, Joel Cauchi.

Asked in a radio interview if the Australian government would entertain Taha’s citizenship request, Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said: “Yes, we certainly will.”

Albanese described the killing of Faraz Tahir as a “tragedy”.

“This other person, Muhammad Taha, he confronted this guy, the perpetrator, Joel Cauchi, on Saturday. And it just shows extraordinary courage,” the prime minister said.

Both men put themselves in danger to protect Australians they did not know, Albanese said. “That’s the sort of courage that we want to say thank you to, frankly.”

Albanese said Guerot would receive permanent residency, which he had been seeking, on Thursday.

French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday hailed Guerot and his fellow Frenchman Silas Despreaux for trying to stop the mall attacker.

Pakistan’s High Commissioner to Australia Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri visited Taha at the hospital today and said his condition was improving.

“Both Taha and other Pakistani Faraz showed exemplary courage to confront the knife attacker. They made us proud,” he said.

Source: Dawn News

Australia’s prime minister said on Thursday he will consider granting citizenship to a Pakistani security guard wounded in the deadly Sydney shopping centre knife attack.

The guard, Muhammad Taha, reportedly said he believed he “deserved recognition and consideration for citizenship” after being stabbed.

In a bedside interview with The Australian, Taha said he was attacked just after fellow Pakistani security guard Faraz Tahir, one of the six people killed at the Westfield shopping complex in Bondi Junction.

Taha has a graduate visa due to expire in less than a month, the paper said.

The guard reportedly noted that Frenchman Damien Guerot, since dubbed “bollard man”, had been offered permanent residency after a video shared on social media showed him using a bollard to fend off the attacker, Joel Cauchi.

Asked in a radio interview if the Australian government would entertain Taha’s citizenship request, Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said: “Yes, we certainly will.”

Albanese described the killing of Faraz Tahir as a “tragedy”.

“This other person, Muhammad Taha, he confronted this guy, the perpetrator, Joel Cauchi, on Saturday. And it just shows extraordinary courage,” the prime minister said.

Both men put themselves in danger to protect Australians they did not know, Albanese said. “That’s the sort of courage that we want to say thank you to, frankly.”

Albanese said Guerot would receive permanent residency, which he had been seeking, on Thursday.

French President Emmanuel Macron on Tuesday hailed Guerot and his fellow Frenchman Silas Despreaux for trying to stop the mall attacker.

Pakistan’s High Commissioner to Australia Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri visited Taha at the hospital today and said his condition was improving.

“Both Taha and other Pakistani Faraz showed exemplary courage to confront the knife attacker. They made us proud,” he said.

Source: Dawn News

@Romali_rotti has something like this happened before ? Brave man , deserves citizenship. Hero

I don't know.

I have some reasons for the other guys.

But these kids who get radicalized by Daesh or other fundos under the noses of their parents is something I just can't understand.

And it's not just western nations.

There is a genuine ideology that thinks any criticism of the Prophet (saw) is an instant death penalty and whoever does the killing is a hero.

What kind of Islam is this?

I don't know.

I have some reasons for the other guys.

But these kids who get radicalized by Daesh or other fundos under the noses of their parents is something I just can't understand.

And it's not just western nations.

There is a genuine ideology that thinks any criticism of the Prophet (saw) is an instant death penalty and whoever does the killing is a hero.

What kind of Islam is this?
There are Hadiths that support the punishment for gusts-e-rasool. Fundamentalists follow the religion to the dot. Anyone who does not follow the religion like them are deemed unislamic or inferior. Basically holier than thou attitude.

There are Hadiths that support the punishment for gusts-e-rasool. Fundamentalists follow the religion to the dot. Anyone who does not follow the religion like them are deemed unislamic or inferior. Basically holier than thou attitude.
What is a gust e rasool?

It's a grey area. There will be plenty of fundamentalists who don't agree with it as the evidence for it is not clear cut. In any case, I doubt it would apply on hearsay or rumour. Was this insult by the priest ever verified?

Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese hailed as a hero Pakistani security guard Faraz Tahir, killed in Sydney while trying to stop a mass stabbing attack, in remarks delivered on Friday at a funeral attended by hundreds.

Tahir, who would have turned 31 on Wednesday, was on the first day of his job when he became one of six killed this month during the stabbing spree at a busy mall in beachside Bondi.

“Running toward danger, to protect people he had never even met, without doubt, he helped save lives that day,” Albanese said. “Without question, Faraz Tahir died a hero.”

The ceremony was held before a crowd gathered outside the city’s Baitul Huda mosque, under a banner that read “Love for all — hatred for none”.

Tahir arrived in Australia as a refugee from Pakistan, according to the Ahmadiyya Muslim community of Australia, to which he belonged.

Fellow security guard Muhammad Taha, injured while trying to stop the attacker, attended in a wheelchair after being released from hospital for the ceremony. He was the last to speak with Tahir as they ran towards the scene of the attack.

“We were trying to save people at that time and his last words were ‘Let’s find out what’s going on,’ so we rushed towards that area,” he said in comments reported by the Guardian newspaper.

Tahir’s brother, Mudasar Bashir, told reporters the two had spoken the evening before and promised to call the next day. They never spoke again.

“Even until now, we couldn’t believe that he’s no more,” he said at the funeral.

“We are very proud of him because Islam, our religion, says that if you save even one human, you save all of humanity.”

Joel Cauchi, a 40-year-old who suffered mental health issues, killed five women and Tahir in the mall on April 13 before being shot dead by police.

Source: AFP

Priest Mari is back, glad to see him going back to his normal duties. He forgives the muslim kid, big hearted...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back