Staff member
Runs
Name : Jamal Anwar

Date of Birth : December 31, 1990

Current Age : 20 years

Major Teams : Rawalpindi Rams, Federal Areas, Pakistan U19

Batting Style : RHB

Position : Wicketkeeper

Early Days - Like everybody else, I started playing street cricket, then eventually joined a club - Gul Cricket Club - in Rawalpindi. It is one of the most famous cricket clubs in Pindi, top players such as Yasir Arafat, Najaf Shah and Umar Amin have all emerged from there. I have played alongside them, and still do today as well.

Pakistan Junior Selections - I represented Pakistan U19s in 2006, made my debut against India.

First Class Debut - I made my FC debut in 2008, and I took 10 catches in my very first match, which is a domestic record.

Cricketing Heroes - In batting, I was very inspired by the batting of Saeed Anwar, and in wicketkeeping my role model was Rashid Latif.

Favourite Shot - Square Cut.

Favourite Ground - Multan Cricket Stadium.

Current Favourite Pakistani Players - There are a lot of great players in the current Pakistan team. Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan are 2 players that really inspire me.

Most Memorable Performance - Up till now, I would say the semi-final match against the Lahore Lions in the Faysal Bank Super 8 T20 Cup. I made 67 runs and was Man of the Match. That was a very great moment, and a memorable innings for me.

Toughest Bowler Faced - I would say Kamran Hussain of HBL, he's a left-arm swing bowler, he's a very good bowler and has troubled me a few times.

Interests Outside Cricket - Besides cricket, I love watching tennis. Roger Federer in particular is one of my favourite players, and sportsmen.

Future Plans - Inshallah I just need to keep working harder, keep performing well in domestic cricket and eventually, represent the national team. That is the dream of every cricketer when he starts to play cricket. I want to represent the nation and make a name for myself.

Thoughts On Upcoming FBT20 - Yes it is in our home ground and Inshallah we will give our hundred percent, the rest is up to the Almighty.

People Who Have Helped Him Along The Way - My mother has given me a lot of support, she has always been there for me in all my ups and downs. For my local neighborhood side we had a gentleman we call Captain Bashir who taught me a lot, then Ustaad Aziz for Gul Club.

After that of course the Rawalpindi head coach Sabih Azhar. He was the one who truly discovered my talent and gave me a chance. He is very helpful and I can always go to him whenever I need any guidance, and I always try to use his knowledge and experience whenever possible.

Attachments

• Jamal anwar hits a winning six.jpg
    Jamal anwar hits a winning six.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 675
He looked like a top talent the T20 tournoment shame he made a duck in the final or he would have been knocking on the door for international cricket.

His keeping was excellent and I'm sure he will make it big, hope he preforms in the upcoming tournument in Rawalpindi. Maybe a possible team member for the T20 world cup in Sri Lanka

I think he's really the only guy we should have picked out of Faysal bank, considering we're lacking a good limited overs wicket keeper.

Guy's tidy at the stumps and has a good record with the bat in limited overs.

He looked really good during the FBT20, and has a List A average of 47, should definitely be considered for the shorter formats of the game.
Also, the fact that the young lad gets inspired by the Saeed Anwars, Misbah-ul-Haqs or the Younus Khans, it tells a lot about how he wants to develop his batting.

Great prospect. And about his wicket-keeping...

Jamal Anwar misses wicketkeeping mark by a whisker
"Federal Areas wicketkeeper Jamal Anwar narrowly missed the record for most dismissals on first-class debut during the Pentangular Cup against Punjab in Islamabad. Eighteen-year-old Jamal took ten catches, including seven in the second innings, which was one short of Samarjit Nath's record of 11 dismissals"

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nibHXd-E034" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was easily the best WK on show in the FBT20 , should be our WK in LOI cricket(Adnan and Safaraz can fight it our for the test spot)

Thanks for this.

This kid was very very impressive in the T20 tournament. He has a sound batting technique and was solid behind the stumps. Talent like this should be backed by the board and given every opportunity to blossom, best of luck to the young lad for the future.

Could he be the answer to our wicketkeeping woes?!

Decent technique, pretty good behind the stumps and only 20.

Could be a breakout season for him this year.

Yes i've been looking forward to this :)

He seems like a very good prospect and i hope the PCB consider him sometime soon

Saj bhai, any chance for a talent spotter interview with Mohammed Waqas(the U-19 WK)

LK can you please add players you want to see interviewed in this thread.

We will do our best to contact them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
why not have adnan akmal for test and have jamal for odi and t20?

I wish him all the best.....I hope he turns out 2 b a real big star INSHALLAH..

Its best to have one Keeper across all formats, personally i think Jamal Anwar will have to wait and see if adnan then Sarfraz fail to have his chance, age is on his side though

He is my favourite wicket keeper in first class cricket. He was wonderful in the T20 domestic. He even won the keeper of the tornament award.

Good to know that his favourite player is Misbah Ul Haq. His semi final performance was marvelous.

I hope he gets to play for Pakistan.

He looked like a top talent the T20 tournoment shame he made a duck in the final or he would have been knocking on the door for international cricket.

It wasw the umpires fault, he was clearly not out, the ball was hitting son high, but the stupid umpire gave him out.

Last edited:
Please also try do get a talent spotter for Sarmad Bhatti, the u-19 All rounder

The lad has a good head on his shoulder and imo he will solve our wicket keeping woes.

Definitely one to keep an eye on for the future.

all eyes on Jamal once again this year, massive opportunity.

:rr

Hope Jamal anwar wins wicket keeper of the tournament again. He would be playing 1 down this time

He should be playing in the Pakistan team, should get an opportunity in shorter formats, Pakistan should not waste him. Pakistan need at least 2 keepers, considering the amount of cricket being payed.

Wonderful keeper, needs to be in the T20 squad.

Oh yes, been looking for you..

Your Sohail Tanvir has failed yet again. What a brilliant cricketer.

Hammad Azam outperformed him in both batting and bowling.. I bet his fielding was 10 times better as well.

Jamal Anwar is better keeper and also a better batsman than adnan akmal. Good Luck to him for the future games. I hope he keeps performing and keeps pressure on adnan

Jamal Anwar is better keeper and also a better batsman than adnan akmal. Good Luck to him for the future games. I hope he keeps performing and keeps pressure on adnan

What a inning by jamal anwar today. He's got a good head on his shoulders and knows how to pace his inning.

I loved the way he played Ajmal today ... Was all at ease against him. I'm impressed

If he keeps scoring runs like he is he may get a look in for the ODIS and T20 team!

What a 97 partnership with Umar Amin, when the team was 46-4 at 6 overs.

Just played orthodox risk free cricketing shots, rotating strike, building partnership. Then when the time was right he start accelerating, with some excellent boundaries, Played Ajmal pretty decently with a beautiful lofted, inside out cover drive for four.

I dont understand how Adnan or Salman or Kakmal can play ahead of him, he leaves them way behind from what I have seen of all of them this tournament.

Hope to see him in the Pakistan team very soon.

the only one i want to try to play before him is sarfraz ahmad, he totally deserve it, if he is not good enough, then him.

We could do with a wicketkeeper who can read Ajmal and play Swann.

I have not seen this guy bat, is he a genuine batsman like Sangakara or like Stewart was, or his he more of keeper who can bat a little..............I hope he is a genuine batsman

I have not seen this guy bat, is he a genuine batsman like Sangakara or like Stewart was, or his he more of keeper who can bat a little..............I hope he is a genuine batsman

Genuine batsman (handled Ajmal pretty well :sachin)
I think that in a post-Gilchrist era, a WK who 'bats a little bit' just doesn't appeal. :kami

I have said this for a long time this guy is the best choice we have for LO cricket and should get a look in for the SL series

Dude, he is a genuine batsmen...

reminds me of say, Ian bell. Virat kohli

Genuine batsman (handled Ajmal pretty well :sachin)
I think that in a post-Gilchrist era, a WK who 'bats a little bit' just doesn't appeal. :kami

Would love a a keeper like sangakara/gilchrist, meaning he will be a top keeper aswell as a top batsman

overhyping at its best. This guy has a dismal average of 19 in FC cricket. Need to improve a lot.

In my brief look at him his stance looked like a number 10`s. But i hope he can bat properly as he looks a real wicketkeeper.

I want Kamran Akmal gone.

We need to give Jamal Anwar a look for WK spot. I am tired of Kami's pathetic performance :facepalm:

Hmm Habib Bank was misusing him. He was played way too low.. He is a good batsman in top 4.

Another Pathetic player from Rawal Pindi. For the last 6-8 months, this guy has never bothered to go to his cricket club, (Gul Club).

It is because of players like him, Pindi's cricket standards are very low.

93 off 120 in an important game for Northern. All the wicket-keepers making runs in this round.

Back