Tell us about your best and recent burger experiences

rhussain33

First Class Star
Runs
Okay, the 2nd test at sydney has got me real down, i dont wanna think about Pakistan cricket now until the ODI squad and series is coming up. So might as well get them taste buds watering

So whats the best burger you guys have had and recommend :13:

burger1.jpg

if you ever come to the US and find your way to the Boston area, go to The Cellar in Cambridge
http://www.gardenatthecellar.com/home/

best burger I've ever had and the french fries that come with it are deeelicious. the one-two combo is unbeatable.

isn't having beef burgers in the US/UK an issue for you guys there?

The best burgers of fast food chain in California are
In & out
Fat Burger
Tommy's

None of them zibah as most, if not all, fast food are not zibah meat here. Just saying it now as someone will ask

Believe it or not the best burger I ever had was in Pakistan.

It was a while back in a restaurant called "Salt & Pepper" in Lahore.

Dunno if it is still around.

I love bun kabab mobiles in Pakistan. No name just a thela. I have no idea what is in there either

12thMan said:
I love bun kabab mobiles in Pakistan. No name just a thela. I have no idea what is in there either

Agree with you 100%. Bun kabab's were delicious!

I worked in a 5* hotel for my work-experience and I got to eat their specialty 25 pound burger (for free of-course). It was pretty good but I don't think I'll be spending 25 pounds to have it again (well not anytime soon at least).

dunno bout burgers..

just had the best shawarma ever

its called Saaruk or Saarook, Rocket Shawarma

d0gers said:
if you ever come to the US and find your way to the Boston area, go to The Cellar in Cambridge

best burger I've ever had and the french fries that come with it are deeelicious. the one-two combo is unbeatable.
oh yeah sorry, I should point out that the meat here is non-zabiha.

kashif77 said:

I believe Salt & Pepper is still there. Village is by Salt & Pepper which is pretty good restaurant as well.

It might sound a bit awkward to some people but I love those Shami Burgers they sell at small vendors :(

Dixies here in UK (worldwide franchise) do it and is class. don't eat burgers, actually fillet counts - dixies again
Foozee said:
dunno bout burgers..

just had the best shawarma ever

its called Saaruk or Saarook, Rocket Shawarma

Cover Drive said:
It might sound a bit awkward to some people but I love those Shami Burgers they sell at small vendors :(
awkward, com'n I love and still missed those so called "Shami Kabob"burgers back in Khi from no name Thelai walla. Nothing beats them. I esp. love how they gave you small portion of fries with HOME MADE Ketchup (from some home in SITE or LANDHI AREA). :)

kashif77 said:

This is entirely true. The best, and I mean THE BEST burger I have had is at Salt n' Pepper. (Lahore)

Last edited:
lahori said:
This is entirely true. The best, and I mean THE BEST burger I have had is at Salt n' Pepper. (Lahore)

Ive had the best in Lahore too.. it was in this restaurant called Copper Kettle..dunno if it still exists, they had one of the best

Cover Drive said:

Agreed. Bun Kabab > *

bun kabab with omlette and piaaz, served with ketchup made from atta. Barkat Market, Garden Town. yes please!

I met Susan Burger today. Very pretty girl :)

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
indeed, their Big Champ is just awesome

ya im in Doha, Qatar to chill with the family atm... so late night with friends.. we usually end up at Hardees or Burger King

I usually order the Superstar or Mushroom swiss... ahhhhhh bliss

Foozee said:
ya im in Doha, Qatar to chill with the family atm... so late night with friends.. we usually end up at Hardees or Burger King

I usually order the Superstar or Mushroom swiss... ahhhhhh bliss

try the Big Champ, it's very different, but totally amazing.

hehe...be careful though, har din burger khaogey to payt nikal aayega :D

What a marvellous thread! :)

Made me think of lunch just browsing this one!! ;-)

Well I agree with the previous posters, the bun kebabs from assorted thelas with all the accompaniments (incl. omelette!) are great and one of a kind - haven't had any for a long, long time, but the Brakat market in Lahore and the ones from shops opp. the mosque at Anarkali deserve honourable mention. As do the shwaramas sold in the various modern day thelas in Lahore.

Salt n Pepper on the Mall in Lahore was Pakistan's pioneer fast food retaurant - opened in the early 1980s, and was absolutely brilliant in all that they did...incl. burgers, chicken sandwiches, etc. Their Village is one of the better Pakistani food places in Lahore - and in a Lahori context, that is saying an awful LOT - we live to eat. In fact, the whole M.M. Alam Road is a foodie's mini-paradise, great if you can't get to Food Street itself.

In the UK and US, haven't had a lot of burgers since most of the usual places don't have halal meat. I recall Burger Hut Halal in Ilford, London (or is it Essex) being half-decent.

In the GCC, there are again plenty of great options. The 'mallu' cafes (the equivalent of thelas here) sometimes do great chicken fillet burgers. For beef, GBK (Gourmet Burger Kitchen) and Hardees are my two favourite chains - the former more than the latter for their 'steak' chips, mainly :) And TGI's and Chillis here are not too bad either...

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
hehe...be careful though, har din burger khaogey to payt nikal aayega :D

haan pata hai...

issliyay tu main 2-3 kilometer roz baag lay thaa hoon treadmill pay...

Easy thatnks for the responses guys, looks like Ima have to go Lahore one day and try Hardees and Salt and Pepper, and Mcdonalds and KFC etc

Have you guys tried Mc Donalds and KFC in Pakistan, what are they like ??

rhussain33 said:
Easy thatnks for the responses guys, looks like Ima have to go Lahore one day and try Hardees and Salt and Pepper, and Mcdonalds and KFC etc

Have you guys tried Mc Donalds and KFC in Pakistan, what are they like ??

McDonald's I don't care much about but KFC definitely good especially their spicy flavor.

bhoook lug rahi haiii! tasweerein nahi dalo bhai! :(

as for me,the best burger I ever ate->aaj tak koi aisa burger nahi khaya.All of them are OK for me :|

well the best was the last one from Cielo Club lounge in Darmstadt.
was amazing with lots of melted cheeze and soft yummmmyyyyyyyy with 2 patties of chicken.

Aww man .. you guys got me thinking about Lahore food again.

I would travel to Pakistan just to eat in Lahore !

No city on the earth has better desi food.

ate a burger about 3 days ago, at a fast food restaurent named g-chicks. it is located in pace the gulberg mall. the burger tasted exactly like a burger of kfc.

Mr Burger, Hanifia, and Chips, all in Karachi, all in Boat Basin.

KhushbuHussain said:
I haven't actually had a burger in YEARS :O :O :O
I'm not really a meat kinda person :p

Not having meat for 2 days in a row makes me confuse about my religious beliefs :D :inti :moyo

Fry Chicks in Lahore also isn't too bad but not my favourite, i prefer Pakistan's desi style bun kebabs.

Nando's Chicken burger and KFC's Zinger burger are also my favourite :)

KhushbuHussain said:
I haven't actually had a burger in YEARS :O :O :O
I'm not really a meat kinda person :p
here is a secret, i cant eat a whole burger, half a burger is too much for me lol

and where meat comes into the story i am afraid of raw meat, its creepy!!! I havent touched raw meat in my life, let alone that, i havent watched qurbani coz of the blood and mean for a l0ng time, last time a watched i threw up and was gonna faint till my uncle dragged me away!

and where mutton burgers are concerned i dont eat them coz mutton smells of sheeps dropping baaahh!

Local roadside outlet near nizam station Delhi : spicy mutton patty wrapped in thin omlette,slices of tomato, lots of taza pyaaz and mint chutney in bun ; yummy

cricket_fever said:
here is a secret, i cant eat a whole burger, half a burger is too much for me lol

and where meat comes into the story i am afraid of raw meat, its creepy!!! I havent touched raw meat in my life, let alone that, i havent watched qurbani coz of the blood and mean for a l0ng time, last time a watched i threw up and was gonna faint till my uncle dragged me away!

and where mutton burgers are concerned i dont eat them coz mutton smells of sheeps dropping baaahh!
im quite the opposite!
Ive noticed that qurbani ka bakra doesnt smell.atleast not as much as the other dead goats lol.
so I like poking them.i ALWAYS do that..:p

Super Sixer said:
im quite the opposite!
Ive noticed that qurbani ka bakra doesnt smell.atleast not as much as the other dead goats lol.
so I like poking them.i ALWAYS do that..:p

128900338166636220.jpg

The best Burger I had was in Middle Eastern Resaturant in Little Rock called "Layla's". The buns were coated with Hurmus, the patty was thick (made there from scratch), with Swiss cheese on top of it.

Never had I tasted such juicy, mouth watering, delicious Burger. Every cents of the $4.99 was worth it.

Last edited:
Last burger i had was a chicken fillet burger with donner and chilli and mint sauce :p from Shajahan's :D

Last edited:
suhaib said:
hardees in lahore

x0skfxfi.jpeg

Pl4aAHjr.jpeg

just came back from hardees and ate the super star burger. man it was amazing and huge (the burger). the burger kept on breaking in my hands, it was that huge. :D

KFC Zinga Burger

This is my 4000th post so I wanted to make it regarding something nice rather then having a bash at Hafeez, Misbah and the Akmals, so I bumped one of my old favourite threads

Had a few of these Zinga burger meals of late...

zinger-burger-meal-productimage.jpg

And I must say the Burger is darn good, easily the best chicken burger I had, probably due to quality of the Bun & Chicken

However the fries are a bit dry to take, with no Chilli or Mint sauce as the Pakistani style, couple of wings with it not bad, however the corn on the cob they provide is nasty... Buttery and boiled

Pretty steep at around £5, but worth a try once in your lifetime atleast

I usually stick to 2pc chicken and chips, Chicken burgers from quality Pakistani local shops.. and the good old Turkish donor Kebabs :nj

KFC's not Halal I don't think (some started 'halal stores' in some areas like Subways)...I've seen lots of people eat KFC assuming it's Halal before getting worked up when you tell them, they themselves don't have any 'Halal' signs/say they're Halal :moyo

Sorry don't wanna sound like I'm a preaching nut

Fry Chicks in Lahore also isn't too bad but not my favourite, i prefer Pakistan's desi style bun kebabs.

Nando's Chicken burger and KFC's Zinger burger are also my favourite :)

Haha, Fry Chicks is right next to my Chachu's house near Shaukat Khanum. Used to go there every day, when I was in Pakistan. Tastes just like KFC.

KFC's not Halal I don't think (some started 'halal stores' in some areas like Subways)...I've seen lots of people eat KFC assuming it's Halal before getting worked up when you tell them, they themselves don't have any 'Halal' signs/say they're Halal :moyo

Sorry don't wanna sound like I'm a preaching nut

The one in my area specifically says halal, but yeah i get what you mean

KFC chicken is genetically modified, it's rubbish meat. It can NOT be halal as such meat often harms the animals, usually the bones can't stand the amount of flesh causing pain to the poor wee birds.

Hardees' Mushroom and Swiss thickburger is the best by far, followed by KFC Pakistan's Mighty(KFC UK sucks so bad it's not even funny). For a bit of old school Pakistani flavor, Chief Burger in Peshawar(driving towards Hayatabad) is amazing although it's been years since I've been there.

the best burger ive had in the world is in Karachi, defence area.
kinda expensive for Pakistani standards but worth it.

better than anything ive had in other countries including America

Ash's fried chicken in walthamstow used to do the most amazing chicken burgers for a pound, only time ive ever been to a burger place and people get 2 or 3 burgers in stead of burger meals.

Also hlpd the turkish shop next door did a nice chip butty.

I don't eat non-zabiha meat so haven't tried a whole lot different burgers.

The best of the best I have eaten so far is the Alaskan Halibut Fish Burger at Ruby's. They used to have a store on Broadway and 42 that has now moved to Newark airport.

Try it if you happen to be at the Newark Liberty airport.
Terminal C-2

I suffered from depression when I found out I won`t have maids , cook , security guard , driver and a gardener in Canada :yk

I suffered from depression when I found out I won`t have maids , cook , security guard , driver and a gardener in Canada :yk

but then you had free medical care to see a good psychologist to take care of your depression in Canada?

The best I had was back in Mirpur a few years back.The place is called'Mega Bite', the chicken burgers are tasty.

KFC chicken is genetically modified, it's rubbish meat. It can NOT be halal as such meat often harms the animals, usually the bones can't stand the amount of flesh causing pain to the poor wee birds.

Is this true, I thought this was just an urban legend

KFC chicken is genetically modified, it's rubbish meat.
Not true.

There is organic chicken and then there is chicken pumped with antibiotics and hormones. Most fast food chains use the latter. Even supermarkets sell both varieties. It's the consumer's choice!

Five Guys, Smash Burger, In and Out, Backyard Burger - for all those in US and Canada

GBC, Burger Inc, Log Inn Lounge, OPTP, BTB - for all those in Karachi

I miss those Zingers from KFC in Pakistan :(

And of course the beef burgers from Dixy here in norway, but they closed their shop after they suffered huge losses due to the skyhigh prices here in Norway

I would suggest "One Potato Two Potatoes" Double Stack Beef Burger. It was quite delicious with its juicyness being an added advantage. ;)

OPTP is a local Pakistani chain I think.

"Swiss N Mushroom" of Hardees is a unbeatable tasty burger i ever had in my life...
the charbroiled beef patty is amazing.....

Yes! I live a mere 5 minute walk from the Cellar in Cambridge MA and in fact had it yesterday. Definitely one of the best i've had in a while.

I miss those Zingers from KFC in Pakistan :(

And of course the beef burgers from Dixy here in norway, but they closed their shop after they suffered huge losses due to the skyhigh prices here in Norway

Dude the Zinger was my absolute favorite for a long time. If you haven't been to Pakistan in a while, you'll be shocked at KFC's deterioration for quality. The Zingers are awful now. Its sad really.

Last edited:
In Toronto and surrounding area Hero Burger is quite good and halal. Also if you wanna some karachi wala bun kebab then Zeerah in Mississaugua.

Back