The Babar Azam versus Virat Kohli comparison

That is the biggest lie and myth and only people that don't understand cricket believe it

The fact that you insist Babar is world class despite having 2 knocks against top teams in his 10 year career tells me all about your understanding of cricket.

The fact that you insist Babar is world class despite having 2 knocks against top teams in his 10 year career tells me all about your understanding of cricket.
He gets to have 2 top match winning knocks every series which you can't state due to your hatred against him. There must be a reason why is the number one for years now.

He gets to have 2 top match winning knocks every series which you can't state due to your hatred against him. There must be a reason why is the number one for years now.

The term World Class has taken on a new meaning for some posters. Facts and figures don't mean much to them

There must be a reason why is the number one for years now.
Lol this argument has already been debunked so many times by @Rana , @mominsaigol and @Dr_Bassim .

The reason he was No.1 was because he feasted on B and C teams in meaningless bilaterals when most top teams rested their best players.

The asia cup and wc, where he played actual top bowlers exposed him, he isnt lumber 1 by any stretch of imagination

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol this argument has already been debunked so many times by @Rana , @mominsaigol and @Dr_Bassim .

The reason he was No.1 was because he feasted on B and C teams in meaningless bilaterals when most top teams rested their best players.

The asia cup and wc, where he played actual top bowlers exposed him, he isnt lumber 1 by any stretch of imagination
You know what? He is still no.1 in ODIs. Now go and cry in the corner. LOL

Great for him but again in the last one year, he has been the epitome of HTB in ODIs. He averages 59 at home at a SR of 90 in 10 innings but at the same time in 15 innings away from home his average drops to 36 at a SR of 76. So I think number 1 in the rankings flatter him to say the least. I don't think he has been even the best batter in Pakistan team over this period.

Former Pakistan team director Mohammad Hafeez, during an interview with local media, expressed his opinion on the comparison between Babar Azam and Virat Kohli:

"There is no comparison; both are exceptionally talented players. Virat Kohli's contributions and performances for India are significant and remarkable. Babar is also performing admirably for Pakistan. Comparing them in this regard is unnecessary, I don't like it. Babar is a fantastic player who has already delivered outstanding performances for Pakistan and has the potential to achieve even more. This critizism is wrong that Babar has to do everything. Babar has to adopt modern day cricket in his skills and to enchance his skills and that is something which Babar is learning very quickly."

Last edited:

Just shows how farcical the rankings are especially after the World Cup exposed him as a mid level player even in his best format. Limited power and skill.

Just shows how farcical the rankings are especially after the World Cup exposed him as a mid level player even in his best format. Limited power and skill.
He was going through a lot in the WC, internal politics plus consipiracy to remove him at the PCB (Zaka) yet managed to averaged 42. His overall WC average is around 55 which is fantastic. That's not mid teir my any teams. That is top, top tier.

He was going through a lot in the WC, internal politics plus consipiracy to remove him at the PCB (Zaka) yet managed to averaged 42. His overall WC average is around 55 which is fantastic. That's not mid teir my any teams. That is top, top tier.
An average of 42 is very good, if the wc was being held in 1992.

In 2023, it's mediocre and for the so called No. 1 batsman, it's downright poor

It was a very respectable average before the 2 new ball era. After that, it's pretty poor.

It was a very respectable average before the 2 new ball era. After that, it's pretty poor.
42 is still not poor by any standards. It is not amongst the best I agree but Poor is 22,32 etc.

Bhai Mana mene medioicre avg hai yeh. Who said it isn't mediocre. I am just arguing to those who are calling it very poor.

This comment here sums the difference in mentality when you compare Pakistan and Indian cricket.

An average of 42 is respectable by Pakistani standards from their best batsman but regarded as poor from their neighbours, who are an elite cricketing side.

What I would also like to add is that a strike rate of 82 and a grand total of zero tons is what makes it a really poor tournament for the "Pakistan's Kohli".

Back